What's new

Nibs Tells Us the MO of Ron, SR.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have no button on rightness, and I truly don't mind being shown to be wrong. So I say the following:

I have just for the first time read though Nibs's tape transcript where he discusses various aspects of Scio and his old man. I must say that I am deeply impressed. It puts a very welcome new slant onto Nibs and lifts his stature considerably in my eyes.

Anyone who hasn't read it yet, please do so.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reg saw straight away it was a bozo suggestion. Nibs never did. There's the difference.

So Reg has something outrageous suggested to him and Nibs has something outrageous suggested to him , they both decline.

Think Big.

Always attack.

Veda

Sponsor
I have no button on rightness, and I truly don't mind being shown to be wrong. So I say the following:

I have just for the first time read though Nibs's tape transcript where he discusses various aspects of Scio and his old man. I must say that I am deeply impressed. It puts a very welcome new slant onto Nibs and lifts his stature considerably in my eyes.

Anyone who hasn't read it yet, please do so.

That's a transcript of a tape called, 'Nibs to the field'. I heard it over over 26 years ago and, during the following year and a half, had the opportunity to speak with Nibs many times.

How long has that transcript been on the Net? Five years, ten years? And just now, after making a fool of yourself repeatedly denouncing Nibs, you became aware of it.

I think that's called being slow on the uptake.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sounds about right, for Nibs. The guy was a nutter deluxe.

Nibs was the son of L Ron Hubbard
What would you expect?
He was told these tales and subjected to his father's research from the day he was born.
Of course he wanted to please his Da. Sons do taht.
As for "stealing an H Bomb, I can't see anything so outrageous about that idea, coming from Hubbard, Sr.
He had wvweyone in the D.C. Org "dummy running" a Communist H Bomb attack as early as '56 or '57.
I know. I was there.
Nibs was damaged from the day he was born. By the one whom he rightfully trusted the most.
Not unlike the true believers of today's cos.
He was expelled, just as many others who were "experts" with the tech. Nibs was a superb auditor, and believed in it. So did Fernando Estrada, so did Jack Horner. You name the people who began to exceed Mr Hubbard, and you will be naming people that were declared, or thrown under the bus.

Challenge

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
<snip>
. You name the people who began to exceed Mr Hubbard, and you will be naming people that were declared, or thrown under the bus.
<snip>
Challenge

Truer words were never written!

As much as come to light about old Hubbard , is it really that hard to see that so many different sources speak of Hubbard vastly different than what was fed to cult member ?

Does what Nibs have to say fit overall with what many others have said about the old man? Yeah.

Perhaps Nibs has a closer more intimate relationship than any other who have spoken out.

The daughter he tried to disavow?
Quentin is dead.
Arthur does not speak of scn.
Maybe one day Suzette and Dianna well tell what they know - would that be nice?

Anyway, have read much and been around awhile I believe Nibs to be far more credible than his detractors.

Last edited:

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sounds about right, for Nibs. The guy was a nutter deluxe.

What would you expect of him?
He was told these tales and subjected to his father's research from the day he was born.
Of course he wanted to please his Dad. Sons do that.

As for "stealing an H Bomb", I can't see anything so outrageous about that idea, coming from Hubbard, Sr. at the time.
He had everyone in the D.C. Org "dummy running" a Communist H Bomb attack as early as '56 or '57.

I know. I was there.

Nibs was damaged from the day he was born. By the one whom he rightfully trusted the most.

He was expelled, just as many others who were "experts" with the tech. Nibs was a superb auditor, and believed in it. So did Fernando Estrada, so did Jack Horner. You name the people who began to exceed Mr Hubbard in devising the Methodology, and you will be naming people who were declared, or thrown under the bus.

If you think that Nibs was "a nutter", then look ( yet again) at who raised him.
Consider what he saw his Dad do thruout Nibs early life....writing bad checks, running from the Law, kidnapping Nibs sister, "and so forth"....

Challenge

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
What would you expect of him?
Of course he wanted to please his Dad. Sons do that.

As for "stealing an H Bomb", I can't see anything so outrageous about that idea, coming from Hubbard, Sr. at the time.
He had everyone in the D.C. Org "dummy running" a Communist H Bomb attack as early as '56 or '57.

I know. I was there.

He was expelled, just as many others who were "experts" with the tech. Nibs was a superb auditor, and believed in it. So did Fernando Estrada, so did Jack Horner. You name the people who began to exceed Mr Hubbard in devising the Methodology, and you will be naming people who were declared, or thrown under the bus.

If you think that Nibs was "a nutter", then look ( yet again) at who raised him.
Consider what he saw his Dad do thruout Nibs early life....writing bad checks, running from the Law, kidnapping Nibs sister, "and so forth"....

Challenge

This is not intended as a put-down or disrespect of anyone. Every person here that posts their story and perspective re: Scn and El Ron is part of the important fabric being woven here on ESMB.

I, personally, think that unless a person actually was around El Ron some, interacted with Hisself and observed Hisself interacting with others it is near impossible to know to just what Nibs and the other Hubbard progeny were subjected to in their formative years, and the permanent effects thereof.

I was raised in a home wherein the parents (and especially the father) were charismatic, fundamentalist, holy-roller, speaking in tongs “Christians” that were verbally emotionally and physically violent with their children. I assure you that El Ron was for more “formidable” and pathologic than both my parents combined.

I’m certain that Nibs spent his entire adult life trying find his “bearings”, "voice" and his own inner “peace”. There is probably some embellishments here and there in what he has written and said…and I understand that…we all do that from time to time even on issues far less “dramatic’ than our time in Scn. However, as I have said before, Nibs words and story are to me an important contribution to “Fabric” of the story of El Ron and Scn.

Thank you, Challenge…you were there and your perspective is a valuable contribution, as well.:yes:

Face:)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Regardless of what kind of guy Nibs was, I think this is very interesting. I remember being very amazed and appalled at the soul cracking he alleged. Now, that I tend to believe. Not sure why I believe it and god knows what'll happen to me if I confess to any airheaded moment, since there are things I never thought of before getting into the critic's scene, but actually, I believe it.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Regardless of what kind of guy Nibs was, I think this is very interesting. I remember being very amazed and appalled at the soul cracking he alleged. Now, that I tend to believe. Not sure why I believe it and god knows what'll happen to me if I confess to any airheaded moment, since there are things I never thought of before getting into the critic's scene, but actually, I believe it.

I also believe it. It explains a lot of other things.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Penthouse interview certainly does him no credit.

I think Nibs was "feeling his way" in the interview, having never done anything like that before...to wit, what was then one of the limited number of "International Media Vehicles" that placed your words and thoughts out there for all to read (i.e. Print and TV). IMO Nibs was doing something he never dreamed he would ever do and was nervous, afraid for what would happen, and spilled his guts and "laid 'It' all out there" as best he could as he thought that this may well be the only chance gets to "warn the world"...he was a shattered man that was physically ill and undoubtedly knew he would not live many more years.

If Nibs got some dough...or hoped some money would come his way from speaking out...I don't begrudge him one penny. El Ron and Hisself's "Machine" had plotted and executed "capers" for years to "neuter" Nibs ability to fend for and feed his wife and family...El Ron's very Grandchildren!

For me, personally, I think that the interview does Nibs great credit. Obviously, the interviewer edited (as they all do) to present Nibs in the light they chose and Nibs was not a "professional" or experienced or polished media interviewee. He didn't have a PR Team or Publicity Handlers to back him up or prepare him...he just said his piece and let the chips fall where they may.

El Ron was very, very adept at F'n with people's heads and, the way I see things, Nibs was at heart a decent guy whose father F'd with his head beyond what most--if not all--of us can fully understand or fathom. That Nibs spoke as he did--whether you "buy into it" or not is one thing. That Nibs openly spoke much, much more than any other Family member about his "Take" on El Ron and experiences with Hisself says volumes to me about the man.

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
<snip>

That Nibs openly spoke much, much more than any other Family member about his "Take" on El Ron and experiences with Hisself says volumes to me about the man.

True. Nibs spoke up. He said his piece.

And, no doubt, El Ron long had ops run on Nibs to break him in every way possible.

None of the other kids have dared to speak out....yet.

Remind anyone of early critics or Paulette Cooper ?

And does anyone think Nibs did NOT know the consquences of leaving AND speaking out?

I'm with Face - Nibs is due some respect for speaking out whether or not sees it as word for word 'the gospel'.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I think one of the most telling aspects is the indirect damage that we all are aware of and that is after he got out he realized that he didn't know how to do anything...no job skills...no education...nothing to fall back on to produce for his family.

Hell, he didn't even have any money because he was only being paid like staff - $20/week or something...a pittance.

That rings so true and is one of the great legacies of L. Ron Hubbard - suck 'em dry and give 'em nothing back in exchange.

Exploit!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
<snip>..... so true and is one of the great legacies of L. Ron Hubbard - suck 'em dry and give 'em nothing back in exchange.

Exploit!

But...but...but... I got all them certs !

Oh, wait a minute, they all got cancelled didn't they?

Oh wait another minute... when those certs were "vaild" them and how much would get me a cup of coffee?

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Getting back to that tape transcript now for a bit. In it Nibs refers to OT-3 and says that the incident described is a description of "one of the gates of hell". Just what do you think this is all about? Does anyone have any further info on this? Bear ibn mind that OT-3 came out ten years after Nibs left the CofS - so what he read about it he must have done on the web since the web first got invented (or did it via the Freezone somewhere. Alternatively Daddy was onto this stuff - Incident 2 etc - years before he released OT3 and Nibs got it at that earlier time. More info on this anyone?

Also he says that the Bible is a handbook for Black Magic. WTF???? Can anyone explain or elaborate on this?

Supposing this Hell and Bible stuff is all true, then that would tend to give some credence to the "I am the anti-christ" stuff of the OT-8 Student Briefing. Now I know everyone is all agreed that that was/is a forgery, but no one has yet revealed who made the forgery. Who did it? Or was it perhaps not a forgery at all? I have always kept an open mind n that on - there are things in it which to me makes it look suspiciously like the old man wrote it himself. The style of it and such things.

And let's suppose further - just for discussion sake - that he really was the anti-christ that the christians go on about - what sort of a game-plan does that imply! My Gawd! Who is playing this game?

There is a whole can of worms in this article of Nibs's. Or even a dozen or more cans of worms.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re Scientologie... I believe the pub date of that was 1934 prewar germany. It includes 'gradations of awareness" and similar concepts... but there is, also,

I believe the word Scientology in a 1908 book called "The New Word" which has three references to "scientology" but in THAT book it used as a word for PSEUDOSCIENCE!

1908-scientology.JPG

More info HERE

""In 1938 I codified certain axioms and phenomena into what I called 'Scientology.'"
L Ron Hubbard in the old red vol. 1 page 3

regards
Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON
WE COME BACK for our friends and family to get them out before they end up here whyaretheydead.info

Download THE NEW WORD PDF

Last edited: