What's new

No charges against guard who killed sword-wielding man at Scientology building

Veda

Sponsor
Firstly, can that "Scientology Public Information Service" video be authenticated as a Scientology Inc. video? (Or as being from an agent of Scientology Inc.?) Is Scientology repeating the assertions on the video elsewhere? This is the kind of thing that Scientology Inc. would do, but if so, and authenticated (who else would do it?), it's a damning display of Scientology Inc.'s willingness to blatantly lie.

Secondly, where is the video of the shooting incident itself?

And who witnessed this event other than some Scientologists? With the shooter, apparently a retired police sergeant with a long term - close - relationship with Scientology, and perhaps, himself, also a Scientologist.

Mario M. would be the perfect patsy. No friends or family of significance. He has the appearance of a nut case, had two swords, etc. - according to the YouTube video, shouted "I have a bomb!" Was wearing a vendetta mask, had an anonymous decal/sign on the side of his car, etc.

Realistically, all anyone knows (other than Scientology Inc. and the local LAPD, local DA) is what Scientology Inc., and their employees, and a corrupted LAPD, have told them.

And now, if this new YouTube video is really from Scientology Inc., then Scientology Inc. is lying outrageously.

Where's the video of the shooting? And where's the initial police report, and the final (quickly arrived at) report of the follow up "investigation"?

A man was shot to death.

The shooter worked for a group with a long criminal history, and a history of infiltrating, and corrupting, government agencies, particularly local government agencies.

A judgement is presented by a police official within minutes of the event, and then a final report is presented shortly thereafter.

The video(s) of the incident are not released.

This YouTube video appears...

P.S. The following link/post has some videos which may assist lurkers in realizing what is behind the facade of Celebrity Center and its happy, hand holding, relationship with LA city government.

The recent shooting was probably justified, but how to know? One thing is certain - Scientology's background:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=180169&postcount=194

Last edited:

13heathens

Patron with Honors
Firstly, can that "Scientology Public Information Service" video be authenticated as a Scientology Inc. video?

The poster has claimed links in the past, however that is far from verification. Part of why I shared it is because most of the other videos they've put up have aligned with the COS rhetoric. I, myself, and curious as to if it is/will be part of the party line.

But I thought people should be aware of it.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The video is a fake from somebody with a bad sense of humor. The car in the picture is not the same car in the local news videos and the sticker was obviously faked. The church would have had a field day if there were anon links to the guy. How people are trying to turn this particular incident into a conspiracy is beyond me. "Patsy"?

Veda

Sponsor
The poster has claimed links in the past, however that is far from verification. Part of why I shared it is because most of the other videos they've put up have aligned with the COS rhetoric. I, myself, and curious as to if it is/will be part of the party line.

But I thought people should be aware of it.

Haven't seen any other videos by the poster in question. Most of the YouTube responses seem to be taking it seriously; however, some things about it don't fit - one of those things being the use of the name "Scientology" associated with the video. This contains so much false information that it can be easily disproved, and would qualify as "black propaganda," meaning, per L. Ron Hubbard's covert "Scientology Intelligence Tech," its originator should remain "secret," and not connected to Scientology.

(The term "Scientology Intelligence tech" won't be found in the Scientology 'Tech Dictionary', or the Scientology 'Admin[istration] Dictionary', as it's confidential "Tech.")

Since Scientology is mentioned - "Scientology Public Information Service" - this feels like a mischievous non-Scientology "troll" action, although, perhaps it was thrown together as "black propaganda" by some Scientologist who isn't properly applying "Scientology Intelligence tech," so I can only speculate.

13heathens

Patron with Honors
Thanks for the insight Veda. It struck me as strange that when I tried countering them from the tech they had nothing to say.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Am I missing something? Do people think scio really made this video? They are stupid but not that stupid.

Terril park

Sponsor
Haven't seen any other videos by the poster in question. Most of the YouTube responses seem to be taking it seriously; however, some things about it don't fit - one of those things being the use of the name "Scientology" associated with the video. This contains so much false information that it can be easily disproved, and would qualify as "black propaganda," meaning, per L. Ron Hubbard's covert "Scientology Intelligence Tech," its originator should remain "secret," and not connected to Scientology.

(The term "Scientology Intelligence tech" won't be found in the Scientology 'Tech Dictionary', or the Scientology 'Admin[istration] Dictionary', as it's confidential "Tech.")

Since Scientology is mentioned - "Scientology Public Information Service" - this feels like a mischievous non-Scientology "troll" action, although, perhaps it was thrown together as "black propaganda" by some Scientologist who isn't properly applying "Scientology Intelligence tech," so I can only speculate.

I think the universe is turning upside down. I'm agreeing with Veda
again. :(

Almost.

A "rogue" anon seems more likely than a " rogue" scientologist.

Div6

Crusader
+2

My gut reaction was "troll". There was no anon mask found, and there certainly were no signs on his car in the news videos.

This is, after all, the internet.

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
A "rogue" anon seems more likely

princess-is-in-another-castle.jpg

feline

Patron Meritorious
I've stayed pretty much out of this but I have a couple of cents to toss on the table.

It is sickening and sad, the whole situation. But I believe that there has been a spot of good that has come of it. Regardless of how horribly that poor man died and regardless of the fact that the guard most likely DID fire in self defense, what I am hearing lately is the word "Scientology" being used in conversation. That's a first.

Was talking to a friend and mentioned the Barbara Walters Extraordinary people show scheduled for tonight. Mentioned that Ton Cruise was one of the people to be interviewed. My friend said, "Isn't he that Scientology kook? Wasn't there a shooting at one of their churches recently? I wonder if he's going to talk about that."

Granted, this is a single conversation between two people. But I think that it could be indicative of an inroad to people's thinking. Sadly, it matters very little that the guard was found to be not guilty of murder. The fact is that in the minds of people, Scientology and a shooting death on their property have become linked.

Me personally on the whole issue? I think that Mario was likely suffering from schizophrenia. I believe that he became delusional to an extreme and had no clue what he was doing. I have no way of knowing if he had medical history that could lead to that belief or not. I know that intelligent people- especially the extremely intelligent- have a greater tendency to schizophrenia than the general population. Think "A Beautiful Mind" but there are other cases. From personal experience, a friend's son murdered his father. Schizophrenic and off his meds. At the time was raving about how his father was a spy who had been sent to kill him. Once stabilized, was aghast at what he had done. Brilliant kid too. Harvard and Harvard Law, first year when he began having problems.

As much as I hate to say it, I have a feeling that this is a time when we just have to hope that people connect in their minds two points- a Scientology guard killed a person at their "church". That alone may start more functional critical thinking.

I am appalled and disgusted on so many levels. I continue to pray for Mario's family and friends.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The fact is that in the minds of people, Scientology and a shooting death on their property have become linked.

Yes. It's hard to spin that awful bit of positioning. "Protecting people from maniacs 24/7" or something doesn't really work when one asks why an ex-Scio would go as far as attacking them with swords in the first place.

Paul

FinallyMe

Okay, my imagination took off on this one. Does this perhaps refer to some female Scientologist being held, say, in the SP Hall? Is there some group of people ("our" princess) that Mario was in touch with, and did he think he was going to save the princess - hence, the swords?

Anybody know where this sign came from?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes. It's hard to spin that awful bit of positioning. "Protecting people from maniacs 24/7" or something doesn't really work when one asks why an ex-Scio would go as far as attacking them with swords in the first place.

Paul

The fact that the guy was a long time member and ex, makes it that much worse.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay, my imagination took off on this one. Does this perhaps refer to some female Scientologist being held, say, in the SP Hall? Is there some group of people ("our" princess) that Mario was in touch with, and did he think he was going to save the princess - hence, the swords?

Anybody know where this sign came from?

It didn't dawn on me until you posted this. Maybe a princess in NY who has a Broadway play?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The "sign" is from a video game called "Super Mario Brothers". It's not a sign, is a completion screen of a level of that video game.

klidov

It doesn't matter what his motive was (the sword-wielder), in terms of whether or not the security guard is prosecuted.

For instance, if a man drove a truck full of explosives at the pentagon, and they took him out before he reached them, the man's motive is IRRELEVANT, when considering whether or not the guards acted correctly.

you are correct, of course.

it's just the way this story has been handles, there are still unanswered questions.

but we do know:

FACT: in broad daylight a man with two swords appeared threatening to a guard, and two other people. He was shot dead on site.

What I wish there was more elaboration on in the news on this story. (How long was he a $ci? Why the breakdown? Did he call and threaten someone first?)

I guess this is one of those, "we'll never know the whole story", and thanks to the Cult, another life was ruined.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
The video is a fake from somebody with a bad sense of humor. The car in the picture is not the same car in the local news videos and the sticker was obviously faked. The church would have had a field day if there were anon links to the guy. How people are trying to turn this particular incident into a conspiracy is beyond me. "Patsy"?

My thoughts exactly.

This is just a piece of trolldom. It's not even very well done. :no:

Veda

Sponsor
Thrak, you've misread my two posts on this thread. If it matters to you at all, please re-read them.

As a "concerned citizen," I, for one, would like to see the security camera video(s).

I think that's fair.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
I've stayed pretty much out of this but I have a couple of cents to toss on the table.

It is sickening and sad, the whole situation. But I believe that there has been a spot of good that has come of it. Regardless of how horribly that poor man died and regardless of the fact that the guard most likely DID fire in self defense, what I am hearing lately is the word "Scientology" being used in conversation. That's a first.

Was talking to a friend and mentioned the Barbara Walters Extraordinary people show scheduled for tonight. Mentioned that Ton Cruise was one of the people to be interviewed. My friend said, "Isn't he that Scientology kook? Wasn't there a shooting at one of their churches recently? I wonder if he's going to talk about that."

Granted, this is a single conversation between two people. But I think that it could be indicative of an inroad to people's thinking. Sadly, it matters very little that the guard was found to be not guilty of murder. The fact is that in the minds of people, Scientology and a shooting death on their property have become linked.

Me personally on the whole issue? I think that Mario was likely suffering from schizophrenia. I believe that he became delusional to an extreme and had no clue what he was doing. I have no way of knowing if he had medical history that could lead to that belief or not. I know that intelligent people- especially the extremely intelligent- have a greater tendency to schizophrenia than the general population. Think "A Beautiful Mind" but there are other cases. From personal experience, a friend's son murdered his father. Schizophrenic and off his meds. At the time was raving about how his father was a spy who had been sent to kill him. Once stabilized, was aghast at what he had done. Brilliant kid too. Harvard and Harvard Law, first year when he began having problems.

As much as I hate to say it, I have a feeling that this is a time when we just have to hope that people connect in their minds two points- a Scientology guard killed a person at their "church". That alone may start more functional critical thinking.

I am appalled and disgusted on so many levels. I continue to pray for Mario's family and friends.

:iagree: :goodposting: