What's new

No double standard here- a CHALLENGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It has been alleged on more than one occasion that I can't deal with and/or wish to quash people who post disagreement with Scn tenets/ideology/methodology and that, further, that is why I reply back so vehemently when people start writing about me.

Of course, this is a crock. If I couldn't deal with people's free expression of such ideas, I wouldn't have all the critic friends I have now, I wouldn't have stayed on a.r.s. or any of the other forums. No, I'd either have stayed in CofS or become one of the sort of Freezoner who won't talk to critics ever.

I'm willing to prove it.

If you are one of those who think BOTH things as stated in paragraph number 1, submit a guest editorial to me about why you think what you do about Scn tech - you can post it, PM it, IM it or email it to me directly or through someone else. I really don't care which. And I will put it on my website as a guest editorial. The only intro will be that I didn't write it, that XYZ pseudonym or nick wrote it, that I don't agree with it but that I defend your right to say it. I won't say anything else.

I will review all offers. If I find you are one of those individuals who's repeatedly claimed that I "attack people" "because she doesn't like it when we/I/the man in the moon disagree with her beliefs" yadda yadda and have flamed me for it, I will do the above. I won't say anything about the crap you've said about me.

The thing is, I defend freedom of speech and it does not have to be pro Scn. I have never ever (after my first few months on a.r.s. 10 full years ago) had any problem with people not liking Scn tech and saying so. And unlike some, I'm willing to defend the rights of people who do not agree with me to speak and post freely.

Any submission to me will get a polite acknowledgement in post, email, IM or PM (depending on how you contacted me) back whether or not I decide to use your submission. (You have to qualify as indicated above.). If you do not hear from me, that means I did not receive your submission. No ifs ands or buts. You will not be ignored, you will at least be acknowledged.

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
You know what?

I am not going to do this. I am not going to get caught up in cyber-drama. Especially over trivial matters. (Oh, wait.......MY feelings are trivial, Klidov??!?). Take your hands off of your hips and let me finish me reply...

No, but if they were genuine feelings and not some school-yard squabbling, than, yes, I would care a lot. Because I genuinely care about a lot of people here.

But let me be clear, if you (anyone) can be restimulated, offended, whatever by someone discussing the "Tech" in a non-negative manner, well.....guess what. I for one will not walk on eggshells because I might say something wrong.

That IS how big-people do things in the real World. I will not hurt anyone's feelings on purpose. But I am also not going to reward bad behavior by coddling someone because they "think", or "felt" another member was using Tech (or whatever) against them.

Emma will decide if a member is using malice, and make decisions accordingly.

This post is so far beneath you, Fluffy. This should have been handled in PM's.

So, take this as a "you don't understand.....", or take it as the truth. The truth being "Yes, I care......but stop with the drama & take it where it belongs".

Which is NOT in a thread that is viewed by the www., ~IMO~

Now, how about a do-over, where everyone remembers who they are talking to? You are all friends here. Friends talk things out.

byte301

Crusader
You know what?

I am not going to do this. I am not going to get caught up in cyber-drama. Especially over trivial matters. (Oh, wait.......MY feelings are trivial, Klidov??!?). Take your hands off of your hips and let me finish me reply...

No, but if they were genuine feelings and not some school-yard squabbling, than, yes, I would care a lot. Because I genuinely care about a lot of people here.

But let me be clear, if you (anyone) can be restimulated, offended, whatever by someone discussing the "Tech" in a non-negative manner, well.....guess what. I for one will not walk on eggshells because I might say something wrong.

That IS how big-people do things in the real World. I will not hurt anyone's feelings on purpose. But I am also not going to reward bad behavior by coddling someone because they "think", or "felt" another member was using Tech (or whatever) against them.

Emma will decide if a member is using malice, and make decisions accordingly.

This post is so far beneath you, Fluffy. This should have been handled in PM's.

So, take this as a "you don't understand.....", or take it as the truth. The truth being "Yes, I care......but stop with the drama & take it where it belongs".

Which is NOT in a thread that is viewed by the www., ~IMO~

Now, how about a do-over, where everyone remembers who they are talking to? You are all friends here. Friends talk things out.

klidove, you had to be there. Then you'd understand I think.:yes:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I agree. Take it to PMs. This is not anyones personal fighting ground.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.