What's new

No Source - Total Source

AnonyMike

Patron
"...Up scale to a degree from the NO SOURCE case is the TOTAL SOURCE CASE, the case which is pretending to be total source when obviously the person is not.

Here we have the megalomaniac....

Such cases are continuously making false assignments of cause.

...Because they are "cause of everything", they are in a state of fighting everyone else in their environment as fancied threats to their own false cause.

Such a case, if he recognizes other source at all, recognizes it only as a threat to him or as a bad causation which only he can right.

Usually such cases as the TOTAL SOURCE case flip-flops between the two extremes in his considerations - "he is either a guilty, horrible, blameworthy creature or he is a genius, a fantastic being whom others are trying to get at."

HCOB 11 May 1965
Scientology VII

I very often have the feeling that Ron, when writing something like this one, is writing from his total own experience and truely is writing about himself.

I could pull out those regarding suppressive Person and antisocial personality where I also Think he writes about himself.

What do You think??

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think that whenever he wrote about suppresive beings, he was mainly talking about himself, or his hero's. Read the Affirmations.

AnonyMike

Patron
I think that whenever he wrote about suppresive beings, he was mainly talking about himself, or his hero's. Read the Affirmations.

if he was really schizophrenic, as the saying goes, he wouldn't actually write about himself, but about this other guy besides himself.

But I don't believe he was schizophrenic. According to his affirmations he was well aware of his flaws and tried to get rid of them and he tried ist so thoroughly, that i am constantly thinking about translating them, rewriting them to fin myself and reading them to myself, until i got the power to star my own religion...

my personal highlight is of course:

"The lot of women is to be fornicated."

Show me the man that did not, in a weak moment, think this too, after he got a "slap in the face" by a woman one way or the other.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors

I highly recommend carefully reading, and possibly re-reading ALL of the long list of books and papers on Scientology.

Look up Professor Dave Touretzky's Carnegie Mellon University site, where he has the online printed versions of most of the great critical books.

My pick of the best scholars' books are "Renunciation and Reformulation" by Harriet Whitehead, cheaply acquired on Amazon for less than 10 bucks. And my all time favorite is "The Road to Total Freedom" by the deceased but brilliant Roy Wallis, which is hard to find and about 100 bucks on Amazon, but worth it, if you want to really see a topnotch intellectual take on Hubbard Scientology.

IN summary, after all my reading, I was and still am a heavily infected Hubbard policy wonk nerd (me in my "heyday" --
http://tinyurl.com/295khy ), my summary view of how to quickly accurately define current official Scientology is:

Scientology is science fictionesque Hinduism Gnosticism Freudian type (one on one, and one to oneself) high volume dead space alien exorcism therapy.

It's a dead alien exorcism therapy religion in it's purest highest practiced religious practice format.

And if there is "any" genius to Hubbard, it's his overwhelming output that smothers people from correctly characterizing what Scientology is and what it has become.

It's also in the church structures, it's turned into a Stalinist totalitarian 1984 operation at the Sea Org management echelon.

Whether it slowly "normalizes" in the decades to come, once David Miscavige, current Stalin dictator of Scientology management, as David exits the stage, it will be seen if the two top councils whom Hubbard in his final years wrote SHOULD be managing the church, regain their managerial "coordinating committee" leadership control, and replace this dictatorial period that Miscavige personally has driven the Sea Org top management to currently in the last 25ish years into, it IS to be seen what the next round of Scientology Sea Org "top management" do.

I hope, as a former trainer of church execs, that they get back to the more benign Hubbard administrative scriptural executive policies that were focused on by a training course that Greg Wilhere once compiled in the late 1970s, called the "Special Executive Briefing Course."

Greg, then the Commanding Officer of the original Int Training Org, in 1978, at Clearwater when it was formed, Greg compiled a checksheet that focused on some of LRH's wiser (?) more benign executive policies of the pre 1965 period. For instance the one where LRH said only "call on the carpet" one's subordinates in private.

Greg, when he compiled that checksheet, was even then conscious of the good and bad executiving going on in even up to then, 1978, Sea Org history.

That checksheet was quickly blasted, and so was Greg, for it.

Greg's since become the other "right hand man" to Miscavige in the intervening years, and today, my hope is Greg just MIGHT be sufficiently punished by Miscavige, and pushed to stand UP to Miscavige.

If somehow we get message to Greg, that we want HIM to stand up to, and stand DOWN Miscavige, I know this is so unlikely.

But Greg's background has a fair amount of regular world history that MIGHT be still there down in Greg's soul (I'm an atheist, I speak figuratively here).

Greg WAS quarterback for Villanova Univ. He was Commanding Officer and successfully, of DC Org. He was Commanding Officer of the Flag Service Org. He was CO ITO (Int Training Org). He was ASI staff, he's a Class 12, he was the Inspector General when there was a triad IG office setup for RTC in the late 1980s, Greg being IG, Marty being IG Ethics, Marc Yager being IG Admin, and Ray Mitoff being IG Tech).

I've heard though, that Greg's got serious skeletons in the closet from some pretty BAD transgressions he committed at David Miscavige's Statinesque direction, which likely will hinder and keep Greg in his advanced Stockholm syndrome mindset fauningly propitiative to David Miscavige.

But, history proves that those that Miscavige DUMPS on too heavily, finally say enough, and turn on Miscavige.

My hope is Greg does the same.

will he?

I've hoped this same hope, and wrote it up several years ago, I think on Clambake or on ARS.

I'm hoping it again.

AnonyMike

Patron
Scientology is science fictionesque Hinduism Gnosticism Freudian type ... high volume dead space alien exorcism therapy.

It's a dead alien exorcism therapy religion in it's purest highest practiced religious practice format.

I want this on A T-Shirt. Front and back.

What you say maybe is right.

since i am dealing with Scientology, and for me this is "only" 15 Years (regarding your 1975 - 2003 History it is really just an "only")
I think about religions a lot, and what i figured is quite not for the bad of scientology, but for the bad of all other religions.

I mean there comes a man, or two and something or other they eypress their own deep disturbances to others who in the best case transport this start worshipping the first an boom you have your religion...

I mean... this went throughout history. the first gods we know about have been invented sun and moon, then came the pharaohs and added cats abnd beetles and hell of other stuff...

...later came this Moses and his bullshit of one single angry asshole of a god, then the hippie jesus god loves us all and down with the klerus.
And as we all know Mohammad was an even worse guy than Moses.

dont want to go on further, think i made my point.