What's new

Non Clear R- Factors

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi to anyone who has attested to the State of Clear,

Below is an excerpt of my letter sent to OSA as part of our cycle and it may be of interest. Names of individuals I was dealing with have been purposely removed.

Getting the Non Clear R-Factor was the start of my stepping away from the Church. :happydance:

Excerpt....

Background

I attested to the State of Clear in 1986 having paid for all my lower Bridge services which were delivered at the AOSH ANZO.

However, in 2006 the Case Supervisor at the AOSH ANZO instructed the Director of Processing to give me a non Clear R-Factor (Reality Factor) off the meter. He then presented me with LRH's references to read which I did.

My first comment to the references provided, was that these are not new references, these were written back in the 60’s and 70’s, so I didn’t understand, as this was not new news. Further, I questioned him on the purpose of the Clear Certainty Rundown (CCRD) and the specific indicators/End Phenomena (EP) of this rundown. If these indicators are there and are acknowledged by the CS, you attest to achieving this state and now this whole enlightened state is not taken as TRUTH, there’s something wrong. He said he could not answer my query and was going to find out; I have not had an answer to this.

Since attesting to Clear back in 1986 I have expended funds for numerous services such as Sunshine Rundown, numerous case correction cycles, OT Preparations (a number of times), OT Eligibility FPRD style, Solo 1and Solo 2 etc. With the above R-Factor all the services after Clear and also now including the CCRD are voided and will need to be done again with the cost being borne by myself. Of Course, I would also have to pay for lower Bridge actions to get back up to Clear.

I attested to Clear in good faith that I was receiving Standard Technology as laid out by LRH and had total certainty that I had achieved this level. I have also had this Status check on two separate occasions since going Clear and the Status was validated.

To have this status removed 20 years after attesting because the Church so decides without any consultation with me and to deliver such a devastating R-Factor is totally unacceptable and so I have little or no faith in the Church’s ability to deliver Standard Technology.

As you would also be aware, auditing actions which occur after the State of Clear require a higher level auditor than lower level Bridge actions so not only have I completed and attested to Clear and auditing cycles after Clear I have also paid higher rates for these services.

To attest and have this Status removed is misrepresentation of the Clear Status and breaches the policy on ‘Delivering What Is Promised’. The Church validated this Status, it has the technology to do so and yet by some bazaar technical glitch the Church removes the status after 20 years this is too difficult to understand.

Further, in discussion with the AOSH ANZO’s Senior Case Supervisor, after my non Clear R-Factor, he informed me that there are many others who have also been given the same R-Factor. I asked what percentage of Clears are you talking about and he said 95%. This is an astounding percentage and hard to envisage that so many are not Clear.

At this point one would expect the Church to take full responsibility and recall all parishioners who are Clear and correct the non-standard delivery at its own cost and bring the parishioners status back up to Clear. Alas, this does not occur and the parishioner is held responsible financially for any auditing that needs to occur.

When given the R-Factor the psychological damage was so impacting that I became physically very ill to the point where I had to give up full time work so that I could recover. The recovery took nearly 12 months so not only was I oppressed spiritually, mentally and physically the action cost me financially and this is all due to inappropriate management of my spiritual case, the impact was almost deadly.

The Church has not taken responsibility to have this matter professionally handled without requesting more payments from me for more auditing to handle my upset and distress.

I do not now wish to have my non-Clear status reviewed by the Church, the damage has been done and there has been ample opportunity for the review to occur.

As a result, I no longer consider myself a Scientologist and I have also made this known on other requests for repayments/refunds. Also I no longer hold the scriptures to be valid and will not be partaking in any services provided by the Church.

My request for a refund of services is based on the above and demanding the Church makes restitution on the services I have received and of course this does not handle the extreme stress and duress I have experienced since stepping into the Church on the fateful day.

End...

So I just wanted to know if others have had this same R Factor and the impact on you and whether you feel there may be some action we can take.

I look forward to hearing from you.:thumbsup:

Kind regards
Happy Days
:dance3:

Carmel

Crusader
Good excerpt, HD! :thumbsup: What you've outlined makes perfect sense - Sad that it probably won't though, to those who you are addressing.

Martini

Patron Meritorious
What a story, HD! Talk about being given a wrong indication! That is some serious invalidation! I have seen this very thing before. Apparently, Miscavige came up with his own tech on this and fouled up a lot of cases in doing so. That 95% figure the Snr C/S AOSH ANZO gave you is interesting. What a mess!

Good luck. :)

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
HappyDays,

I experienced similar on my first CCRD - R-Factor given in January 1988. I was told after completing my CCRD that I was not Clear. Later when I was routing off of Mission Staff and my folder was reviewed by an C/S personally trained by LRH, it was his viewpoint/training/whatever, that I was actually Clear. He actually went to AOLA to convince them to give me a free CCRD to correct the issue. No such luck on a free CCRD.

In Sept./Oct. 1989 I went to Flag and redid the CCRD at my expense. Of course I answered all the questions the same as in the first CCRD. I had only done a Comm Course and a marital O/W write up. Nothing to change whether I was Clear or Not. The results of the second CCRD was that I was Clear. Which I "knew" and questioned how the results could be different. My auditor told me that the situation was being written up. I later found out that the C/S on my first CCRD was declared - don't know reason - but declared.

But I too got very sick after the first "not Clear" R-Factor. Not for 12 months, I had a toddler to care for. But the illness was very draining for the week or two that I had it.

I hope that you get an entire refund for all services delivered. I've heard that a lot of people are getting the same R-Factor. In fact, Good Twin thought that was why I got declared. She figured that someone had given me the "Not Clear" R-factor and I told the CofS where to "get off". Not the case. I left the CofS before they were given that opportunity. But I had gotten a Tech Est for about another 100 hours before I could get onto the OT Levels - granted I'd already done OT Preps and OT Elig and Solo 1. I was shocked at the 100 hours - what the hell could I possibly need? Besides, I'd just done about 5 - 6 intensives on Grade 4 (the lovely arbitrary Grades lots of us past life Clears got into in 1994). And with how slow and painful that auditing was, I had no intention of doing even more auditing.

Wishing you well, HappyDays.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, see this is one of the things I really had a problem with in Scientology.
A PC can be made to do an action and if that action is incorrect, they don't then credit you for the wrong action (their responsibility).

Let alone pulling the state of clear from so many paying public and expecting them to repay for "non standard tech". :angry:

Does this mean that ASHO ANZO is admitting that the tech doesn't make Clears?

Scientology or any of Hubbard's Tech for that matter has never managed to produce a single Clear as defined by Hubbard in Dianetics, not a single one.

The cult have stopped claiming Hubbard's tech can produce Clears long ago.

What Hubbard's tech is designed to do is produce people who claim or believe to be Clear by attesting to it. They know claiming to actually produce Clears would require proof which can be easily tested and debunked, therefore they stay away from make that false claim.

I love the new definition of Clear on the Bridge Chart

"A being who no longer has HIS OWN reactive mind"

Not that there was ever such a thing as the reactive mind to begin with ...

but you at least now can say you believed you had one at one time and now no longer have that particular one

You are now ready to be brainwashed into believing the reactive minds of thousands of disembodied space parasites aka Body Thetans are floating around in your head and need to be removed too.

otgirl8

Patron
Almost every Scientologist has had their Clear state invalidated even OTVIII'sand OT VII's:omg:
(they call it an Advanced Program). It is very damaging to a Being and it is a way to create new revenue for the Church. This has been rampant for years now and the source of my cogniting on the Church causing more harm than good in recent years with my selectees and family and friends.
You are not alone at all.

Almost every Scientologist has had their Clear state invalidated even OTVIII'sand OT VII's:omg:
(they call it an Advanced Program). It is very damaging to a Being and it is a way to create new revenue for the Church. This has been rampant for years now and the source of my cogniting on the Church causing more harm than good in recent years with my selectees and family and friends.
You are not alone at all.

I'm sure generating revenue was a major component of the decision, but it's probably more of a legal maneuver to limit liability of what the church is claiming to actually deliver ... which is now officially "nothing" other than making you believe you received something, which have done, thus removing them from any liability regarding delivered services as promissed.

nw2394

I knew that the % of people that were being screwed about like this was quite high. 95% is something of a shock really - fucking makes me want to cry.

Nick

Veda

Sponsor
"Invalidating Clears" is an old tradition of Scientology. First the person has to be told about "Clear," etc., then he or she is told how to get "Clear," and then becomes "Clear," then some time passes and what was "Clear" becomes no longer real "Clear." How many times has this happened broadly since 1950? At least four or five times. Oddly, Scientologists, who often remember back into the eons, have difficulty remembering back a few decades in their own cult's past. If they could, they'd see the patterns, and then wouldn't be so surprised. "Screwing people" is part of the "L. Ron Hubbard philosophy." It's a long and proud tradition.

Some more links re. "Clear":

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=85713&postcount=4

Ex_SaintHill

Patron with Honors
What happened to you has been done to thousands world over. I was
C/S at the time (not CCRD though) and I watched hundreds beeing told that they are no longer Clear, and that It was all wrong. Most had to do the grades and NED. I had to take over then as a C/S and tried to disentangle that mess. 99 % of the people were so upset that they went off lines.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am so sorry that you went through this HD. I never reached Clear and so have not had this experience – I want to say well done and thank you for standing up for what you believe in. I admire your courageousness.

Just a thought: if scientology is having a hard time getting new public in – would this be a factor in getting those dedicated scientologist declassified as clear and therefore generate more income? Just a thought I had while reading your post….

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What happened to you has been done to thousands world over. I was
C/S at the time (not CCRD though) and I watched hundreds beeing told that they are no longer Clear, and that It was all wrong. Most had to do the grades and NED. I had to take over then as a C/S and tried to disentangle that mess. 99 % of the people were so upset that they went off lines.

Well-done Expanded Grades and NED is probably a damn good idea for people in Scn who have never had them. Did all these guys only want status?

Paul

nw2394

Well-done Expanded Grades and NED is probably a damn good idea for people in Scn who have never had them. Did all these guys only want status?

Paul

I think it is, overall anyway, wrong to blame people for being after the status. The Bridge is presented that way - and Clear in particular has a lot of hype attached to it in the CoS.

You're right that a lot of folks either need grades - or would like them anyway - if they were missed - regardless of whether they were Clear or not.

Div6

Crusader

Paul

While I tend to agree that a lot of the current scios I have run in to are very glib, and could use the above, there is a point where you run into the case factor of "ownership" of charge, and if that in NOT correctly handled you will get some seriously balled up, wrapped around 15 different telephone pole kinds of cases. I personally think it is better if they train up to deliver, and then be alllowed to spend sufficient time in solo to handle those kinds of balls of charge themselves. It takes time, and is not always easy on the body, but the "results" are far more stable, and it allows a being to grow more certain of their ability to handle "themselves" over time.

You can run grades processes on OT's too, you know. Just make sure you know who's charge it is.

De-Clearing people is a "suppressive act", ie: invalidation of case and gains. Better to focus on increasing their abilities, IMO.

Carmel

Crusader
I knew that the % of people that were being screwed about like this was quite high. 95% is something of a shock really - fucking makes me want to cry.

Nick
Me too, Nick - As if it wasn't hard or bad enough without that as well.