Me thinks:
Lots of people send him LOTS OF DOX everyday,
So he starts a book with LOTS OF DOX (first one),
NOW is a right time,
We all need a money to pay our bills,
Tony will start a new blog,
And make a book with LOTS OF DOX,
He will get some money-we all happy!,
All of those books are "he say,she say",but I believe Tony have DOX!

Let's say : glass is half FULL,not half EMPY!!!:whistling:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Love ya, Tony. Thanks for all you've done, all you've put up with. And all you have still to do.

. . . To serve thy generation, this thy fate:
"Written in water," swiftly fades thy name;
But he who loves his kind does, first and late,​
A work too late for fame . . .​

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Short version of Marty message:

I would like to indicate that your ruin is David Miscavige.
Scientology can help you to handle that.
That is your next step on the Bridge To Total Freedom.
Scientologists are always on the lookout for who to blame for Scientology not working. Traditionally, it's all their fault for being out-ethics, a degraded being and/or having evil intentions, so it is with some relief Scientologists can now blame all their no-results on David Miscavige. Whew! What a relief!

Still, no results, but at least it is no longer their own fault.

As I recall, Hubbard once commented that one of the biggest selling points for Dianetics was that "all your problems, failings and difficulties are no longer your fault." I figure that must be the main attraction of the Independent Movement today.

Bill

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony O....

May this new week bring you *great* joy and creativity!

Stay kewl.....and know you are loved by many.

:bighug:

Tory/Magoo

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Tony os one of the most prominent anti-Scientologists.

I do not think that we should be sad about his departure from The Village Voice -- it seems to me that he hinted in his message that he will be running his own website or blog.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
J
The other side of the coin is the dwindling effectiveness and speed of the cult's response which at the start was brutal and terrifying and recently has been virtually invisible.
Not enough OSA trolls to do the dirty work -- the cult membership is in a free fall.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think it really added something to have the Village Voice doing this. I never used to read it, but I had heard of it. It's reputation, as far as I can tell, is that a lot of what it publishes isn't going to be very relevant to a lot of people, but that when it does try to get general attention, it's worth taking seriously. It's an alternative paper, not a stupid one. It's not the New York Times, but it doesn't have to be.

To have the Voice riding Scientology so consistently must have told a lot of people that there's something worth paying attention to, here.

Tony os one of the most prominent anti-Scientologists.

I do not think that we should be sad about his departure from The Village Voice -- it seems to me that he hinted in his message that he will be running his own website or blog.

True. While writing his book I am sure he'll want to have a blog to maintain connections with his sources and to have a place for new sources, and new information coming out about the cult.

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
August 16, 2012 - A tribute to Tony Ortega, using film footage from the 2012 SP Party in New England, USA. A big thank you to Pooks who is a most gracious Host and loving person. The smiles and laughs from all the Paty Participants, says it all. All the best, Tony.

[video=youtube;Z2BvXS5aoAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BvXS5aoAk[/video]

Veda

Sponsor
14_Newspaperman.jpg

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bye, Tony :bigcry:. Gonna miss ya. :yes: The Best to You - and THANKS !

PS: I'll buy your book. :yes: Fuck OSA. :scnsucks:

RogerB

Crusader
I think it really added something to have the Village Voice doing this. I never used to read it, but I had heard of it. It's reputation, as far as I can tell, is that a lot of what it publishes isn't going to be very relevant to a lot of people, but that when it does try to get general attention, it's worth taking seriously. It's an alternative paper, not a stupid one. It's not the New York Times, but it doesn't have to be.

To have the Voice riding Scientology so consistently must have told a lot of people that there's something worth paying attention to, here.

Yes, and the importance of what the VV did is that the "major" media all pay attention to these "alternative and minor" publications, blogs, etc. They are a big source of stories and info for the big boys who, eventually, when they develop the balls, really put the message out to the masses.

Indeed, apart from the wonderful actions in Oz, the VV campaign, you'll have noticed, led the rest of the mainstream media: TV, Fleet Street, Rupert M., etc.

This is an important reason why letters to the editors and comments in internet versions of newspapers, TV stations, etc., etc., are important and so useful.

Indeed, one of the biggest coups I achieved in my 007 days was the result of a simple advert in the classified ads in the "International Herald Tribune" . . . . it was picked up by a leading "stringer" for a major Fleet Street newspaper . . . he taught me that the reporters of all the big media scan these lower level rags for story leads and info . . . .

Rog

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Well, now this makes a decision by Tony O much clearer.

"Village Voice Media owners Michael Lacey and Jim Larkin announced Sunday night that they have agreed to sell their company, which owns alternative weeklies from Los Angeles to New York City, to a newly created company owned by a group of the papers' editors and publishers."

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...ew-times-founders-selling.html?nclick_check=1

Smart move to get rid of those publications.

Some of the articles include info about Tony leaving to write a book about Scientology :)
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/09/24/usa-villagevoice-backpage-idINL1E8KN76R20120924

RogerB

Crusader
Smart move to get rid of those publications.

Some of the articles include info about Tony leaving to write a book about Scientology :)
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/09/24/usa-villagevoice-backpage-idINL1E8KN76R20120924

Thanks for that link, AnonyMary . . . and also thanks for all you do in the campaign to expose and bring down the cult.

I think it likely that the VV will resurrect itself successfully after it separates from the "sex thing."

As a publication it has always been avant garde, outside the box and ahead of the curve.

I had dealings with them during the late 1980's HIV/AIDS thing. They were way ahead of the curve in terms of what they were reporting, revealing, exposing . . . and they were typically taking the non-establishment view and scoring huge wins!

Of course, in those days, their "personal ads" section was largely populated with variations on a basic theme of "I'm on offer, come and get it!" :whistling: It is published in the "village" part of NYC, after all . . . and that is home to the "Fairy Kingdom" of the east coast. In those days it was a wild west sex city only to be brought up short by the AIDS crisis.

So I would say, they will, as a newspaper, return to their successful action of honest exposé reporting . . . journalists love nothing more than to juornalise; and they will do it. There is little or no future in bland shit . . . to survive, they'll have to do sensational, honest stuff in and for their local communities as has been the history of the VV I know from the '80's.

They will return . . . but in better condition than those billion year contract dupees . .

R

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious

I used to read The Village Voice every week when I was working on my MS degree -- the college that I was attending had free copies of the newspaper.

Its articles on the arts and books are the best in the country, even the NY Times materials are inferior to them. However, its articles on the politics and international affairs represent the views of extreme left, which severely limits its circulation.

Perhaps, the new owners will make the Village Voice closer to the mainstream media.

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet
Over on Marty's blog, he posted this enigmatic reply to a comment on the tonyortega.xxx site:

martyrathbun09 | September 26, 2012 at 9:03 am | Reply
Miscavige would be well advised to take these propaganda sites down now that they have cost Tony his job. I may post on this to clarify further.

Hmmmm......

R

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Over on Marty's blog, he posted this enigmatic reply to a comment on the tonyortega.xxx site:

martyrathbun09 | September 26, 2012 at 9:03 am | Reply
Miscavige would be well advised to take these propaganda sites down now that they have cost Tony his job. I may post on this to clarify further.

Marty knows why Tony is no longer at the VV. The sanitized version was that he grew tired of his job, and resigned, to write a book. However, I was informed by someone close to him that he received a very nice severance package before he left.

One does not receive severance pay or "packages" from employers unless they are terminated or laid off.