What's new

Northumbia idle going up for sale

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Heh. :). No doubt they will also sell it at a huge loss, which will royally piss off the people who gave the money to find that not only do they have no ideal org for their money, it didn't even all go to Int Mgmt. Maybe it will go to the back rates when the local council cancel the business rates rebate they've been getting. . . .

Paul

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Waiting for confirmation before I pop the cork, but the Champagne is on ice. In fact, 2010 has been such a good year in terms of Scientology failures and PR disasters, I've taken to buying the stuff by the case.

Heh. :). No doubt they will also sell it at a huge loss, which will royally piss off the people who gave the money to find that not only do they have no ideal org for their money, it didn't even all go to Int Mgmt. Maybe it will go to the back rates when the local council cancel the business rates rebate they've been getting. . . .

Paul

If I understood Nancy Many correctly,

International Management owns all the ideal orgs.

The people who donated money to purchase them are expected to pay rent on them to International Management along with paying for upkeep.

They are probably happy just to cut their losses and no longer being obligated to pay for rent and upkeep for a building they are not using.

I doubt International Management cares if they sell it at a loss,

they can write off the loss against the taxable income they bring in and still pocket 100% of what every they sell it for,

without anyone who donated the money to purchase it even making a peep about it.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
If I understood Nancy Many correctly,

International Management owns all the ideal orgs.

The people who donated money to purchase them are expected to pay rent on them to International Management along with paying for upkeep.

They are probably happy just to cut their losses and no longer being obligated to pay for rent and upkeep for a building they are not using.

I doubt International Management cares if they sell it at a loss,

they can write off the loss against the taxable income they bring in and still pocket 100% of what every they sell it for,

without anyone who donated the money to purchase it even making a peep about it.

You get a bunch of people to buy you a building.

Then you charge them outrageous rent to pay you without ever moving in.

And then, when they can't pay the rent to you any more, you sell the building they bought you and pocket all the cash they paid for it.

This is the ultimate real estate rip-off.

I wonder why law enforcement is doing nothing about this.

Then you charge them outrageous rent for them to pay without ever moving in.

And then, when they can't pay the rent to you any more, you sell the building they bought you and pocket all the cash they paid for it.

The only aspect of this scam which surprises me is that they couldn't milk the parishioners long enough until the real estate market rebound before selling it.

Their financial situation must be a much bleaker than more people realize, usually they can absorb a loss for quite a while in order to keep up a facade of success and growth.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The only aspect of this scam which surprises me is that they couldn't milk the parishioners long enough until the real estate market rebound before selling it.

Their financial situation must be a much bleaker than more people realize, usually they can absorb a loss for quite a while in order to keep up a facade of success and growth.

Here's the other part of this: DM made it so that orgs had no choice but to run the "ideal org programs" on their local parishioners and to buy a building for him that they could not afford.

They were all ordered to buy a building or be declared, or sent to the RPF, or any other coercion DM could muster.

The criminal exploitation here is staggering.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
This whole ideal org business never made much sense to me other than that it is a real estate $ scam by Miscaveg. I can't understand how these orgs that were struggling to begin with will be able to survive given the increse in overhead.
Wasn't there another idle org that closed before it really got off the ground? Portland?
Have there been more?
I would like to start keeping track of all of the "ideal orgs" that fail because the opening of them is one of the major flags that the CoS is waving now to promote the illusion of expansion.
I could start a thread to be used for this purpose.
Maybe I should try to come up with a list of all of the IOs that have opened so that they can be checked off the list one by one as they go belly up.
I would welcome any contributions/suggestions to this thread.
:hattip:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"The only aspect of this scam which surprises me is that they couldn't milk the parishioners long enough until the real estate market rebound before selling it.

Their financial situation must be a much bleaker than more people realize, usually they can absorb a loss for quite a while in order to keep up a facade of success and growth. "

Most likely more people will be really pleased when DM burns through over a billion and leaves the "church" dead broke and out of business.

The loss of one idle morgue is a nice start, now to expand to selling off the buildings in Clearwater, LA, & Hemet. :happydance:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron

One of the best cons I have ever seen.

Not quite, Al. The "Ultimate Rip Off" has the sale go through at a bargain basement price to a real estate investment group on behalf of key members & insiders from the original management team. We'll have to wait to see how that shakes out.

Mark A. Baker

smartone

My Own Boss

Because nobody's telling them.