What's new

Not an ex-scientologist, but...

Moochie

Hi, though not an ex-scientologist I am an ex-other cult-like scam, namely Primal Therapy. I've been an avid follower of all things to do with this pernicious organisation (scientology) for decades, ever since a mate of mine married the daughter of scientology's local head honcho back in the 70s. Back then it wasn't widely known what a scam scientology is; indeed, I recall a psychologist friend buying and reading Dianetics with not the slightest hint of irony.

Anyways, I'm hear to listen rather than say a lot about scientology since my only direct experience of the cult that I can recall happened a few decades ago, when, while walking down the high street, minding my own business, I was approached by an attractive young girl who was holding a clipboard.

"If you could have anything in life you've ever wanted, what would that be?" she asked, with a wide smile revealing near-perfect dentition. In a flash (because by that time in my life I was already aware enough of the cult) I smiled knowingly and said, "To be clear." Well, enough said! It was a smile-fest of magnificent proportions as I turned and went on my way.

To anyone who's approached in that way and asked that question, now you know what to say. :yes:

Thanks for reading,

Mooch

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
First, welcome....

...... I was approached by an attractive young girl who was holding a clipboard.

"If you could have anything in life you've ever wanted, what would that be?" she asked, with a wide smile revealing near-perfect dentition.
Fortunately she didn´t ask me this, because I would have answered with an even wider smile:
"F*ck with you... now... if you can release this useless clipboard...."

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
...Anyways, I'm hear to listen rather than say a lot about scientology...

I'm hear to.

I'm just saying.
:hysterical:

Welcome to ESMB.

There's a lot of listening to be done, hear?

START!

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
attachment.php

Aim hear two. Lurker. I well crumb hugh two EZMB (Exotic Zen Ministry Boat). :p

:hattip: :flowers2: :hifive: :cheers:

:hug:

Attachments

• I-Think-Gus-Knows-Hes-Going-To-The-Kitty-Hotel___-224x300.jpg
    I-Think-Gus-Knows-Hes-Going-To-The-Kitty-Hotel___-224x300.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 272

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Had a mate do that once any moons ago.

He ended up in the Sea Org. Still a scio as far as I know....

Funny thing is that I thought Primal Therapy disqualified you from being a scientologist.

Not so long ago, I saw a news show showing them using this therapy on the street kids in the Phillipines.

Made me shudder.

rodent

Patron
Hi, though not an ex-scientologist I am an ex-other cult-like scam, namely Primal Therapy.

Calling Primal Therapy a cult-like scam is not too informed. It's not entirely a scam (though, not entirely not a scam either), and it's definitely not very cult-like.

But the strangest thing, what everybody seems to ignore, is how closely related Janov's and Hubbard's basic theories are (I mean DMSMH, not the..... 'techs' that came after).

And, almost forgot: Welcome : )

D.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I miss my teddy bear..

[video=youtube;DRqJgDTIAck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRqJgDTIAck[/video]

HendersonGirl

Hello, I don't know if I am in the right spot or not. I too, am new here. I am not an ex member(I hope that is all right with you guys.) I have, how ever been interested in Scientology & other new religions since the 1970's. Then, 3 years ago, my then 30 yr old Atheist daughter, told me she was interested in Scientology, I knew enough to not like it! So I started an intense 3 year study of it. BTW, my daughter, she never mentioned it again, go figure. Anyway, that's me, I hope I am welcome here.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello, I don't know if I am in the right spot or not. I too, am new here. I am not an ex member(I hope that is all right with you guys.) I have, how ever been interested in Scientology & other new religions since the 1970's. Then, 3 years ago, my then 30 yr old Atheist daughter, told me she was interested in Scientology, I knew enough to not like it! So I started an intense 3 year study of it. BTW, my daughter, she never mentioned it again, go figure. Anyway, that's me, I hope I am welcome here.

You are very welcome here HendersonGirl. :)

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
I am not an ex member(I hope that is all right with you guys.)

I am not an ex member either and AFAIK I blend in quite well. :)

Then, 3 years ago, my then 30 yr old Atheist daughter, told me she was interested in Scientology, I knew enough to not like it! So I started an intense 3 year study of it. BTW, my daughter, she never mentioned it again, go figure. Anyway, that's me, I hope I am welcome here.

I'd try and ask something like "Hey you told me some years ago you were interested in it. What happened?".

Could well be that she didn't go on with it and even not know anything about it anymore.

If she says she is still interested then I'd try to find out how much.

This would give you basic information about where to go from there. Others on this board may be better suited to give you more advice.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

Hello and welcome! I've never been in scientology either but I do have a family member who is. Very happy to hear your daughter had the good sense to walk away before she became involved.

Looking forward to hearing what your study has turned up.

Blanky:welcome:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

Helloooo - I'm a never-in, got fascinated via Tony Ortega's work and am here for the :love11:and the :hysterical: and occasional :catfight:

Welcome.