Not an ex-Scientologist Message Board

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I just had a thought as to why TG1 said what she did. I am very sorry. Answering some of this kind of stuff does cause a trolling effect, although I never wanted that. Wasn't intentional but it happened anyway.

Truly sorry I wasted everyone's time responding to posts about this side stuff/personality stuff. Anyone who thought I shouldn't have was quite right.

If you want to know what causes the trolling effect, just look at my "railway station" example, which I posted roughly 1 hour before your post to which I'm replying right now.

I could have waltzed out my example for 5 or 6 pages more to make it look more realistic, but I think it's long enough to get my point across. :wink2:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
You did very well Mr N to even get an answer. :yes:

I'm still waiting for answers from weeks ago. :waiting:

It's making me "answer hungry". :omg:

Hehe, there were many things in Scientology that gave me the shits, one of them was this idea that we had to answer up! The auditor must get the auditing question answered, so too must the dispatch be answered and so on, and on it went. One of the things I like now about be an ex is not being constrained by the "comm formula".

Sometimes an answer will not be forthcoming, quite often there isn't a desire to answer. In the end who cares?

Just saying!

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hehe, there were many things in Scientology that gave me the shits, one of them was this idea that we had to answer up! The auditor must get the auditing question answered, so too must the dispatch be answered and so on, and on it went. One of the things I like now about be an ex is not being constrained by the "comm formula".

Sometimes an answer will not be forthcoming, quite often there isn't a desire to answer.

You've followed my "conversation" with Claire in this thread, yes? And it's not the 1st time I had that kind of conversation with her. Beating around every bush in the country for pages and pages, and still no useful answer, that's just frustrating and demotivating. Those kinds of conversations are just no fun.

Look, nobody is obliged to answer any of my questions here on this board, but when someone replies with a cryptic statement to one of my posts, and I ask for clarification, it'd be nice if I could get that clarification right then and there, without a long, drawn-out procedure that's more painful than pulling teeth - and if that clarification would be nice, short, understandable and to the point, all the better.

In the end who cares?

Answer in 'my' style: "I do."
Answer in 'your' style: "Who cares?"

Just saying!

Yup. Me too. :wink2:

One more thing: My communication doesn't follow any formula more complicated than "Hi", <discuss topic>, "OK, thanks, bye."

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Some (few) people do not come here to have conversations. They come here to influence other people's conversations.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Sometimes an answer will not be forthcoming, quite often there isn't a desire to answer. In the end who cares?

Just saying!

My comments about "waiting for answers" and being "answer hungry" were being said tongue-in-cheek, and I failed to use the appropriate smilies apparently. :duh:

Anyone talking with me for more than 3 minutes would know I willfully ignore the "comm formula" despite being a Pro TR's graduate. :)

If someone doesn't want to answer a question I'm generally fine with it. What I tend to have more of a problem with are "no-answers" or responding to a request to clarify something with more obfuscation, or when people ignore my question and instead respond to a strawman that they've created, or a number of other type responses that tend to produce a "trolling effect".

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Some (few) people do not come here to have conversations. They come here to influence other people's conversations.

Yes, that's true, but at the moment, that could be said about me too, in this case. OK, I'm more trying to influence how she handles her conversations than trying to influence her positions.

I know I'm way off topic with all this "Claire" stuff I post in this thread and I apologize to anyone and everyone here on ESMB for doing that, but I want to be done with what annoys me, right here and right now - and if not now, then ASAP.

Claire changed her positions quite a bit from the mid-90s till today and she has every right to do so, but that's not the problem, IMO. The problem is one thing she never changed since the 1st post I've ever read from her: She never changed the way in which she conducts her conversations. It always ends up in the same mess: Poor, innocent, little Claire is under attack and needs to defend herself.

I now, I know, she's not the only one who plays the game like that. I've had the same circle dance with some others too, and I'm sick of this dance. It makes me dizzy. :dizzy: :dizzy:

So, what I'm doing here is: I'm showing her a mirror. She can either take a hard look at it and see herself like I (and perhaps some others) see her, think about what she sees and hopefully change something in her ways, or she can ignore the mirror, look away, and live with the fact that she's no longer worth my time - I'm sure she could live with that, but would she want to? That's her decision.

This "poor little me, I'm under attack, I need to defend myself" spiel makes me sick, wastes my time and ruins my mood. Look at those fake veiled allegations. I called her a "Scientologist", eh? Questions about when and where I've allegedly done that go unanswered - why?

Yeah, yeah, I know - nobody is obliged to answer any questions - I wrote a post about that a few hour ago, but these veiled allegations, these "poor threatened victims" who feel attacked here, all this beating around the bushes pisses me off.

If someone here is really truly under attack, one message to a mod should be enough to deal with that and I'm certain one message IS enough. But here we have numerous cry-babies who are oh so threatened and/or under attack. Allegedly.

There are no fucking attacks, there are just some veiled allegations from some wannabe-victims, that's all. Yeah, I know, we can learn all about this spiel in Hubturd's lectures. Were it the advanced PR lectures or some such? Meh.

OK, back to Claire. I've made these past few "Claire" posts right here, out in the open, because I don't need to talk behind anyone's back. I post it here so that Claire can decide whether she wants to respond right here, or send me a private message, or ignore it all - and anyone who feels inclined to do so, can chime in and join this free and open conversation.

Oh, and about my little mirror: I invite anyone to come take a look, maybe some people can find something for them in there.

Once again apologies to the board and all it's readers and posters, and apologies to Smilla for using her post as a hook for my little rant.

Cheers,

MrN

freethinker

Sponsor
I like you dude, I really do. Most everything you post has value so I don't want you to take this as an attack, but an invitation to look. You don't have to respond.

In Scientology, it was my experience that it was not the answering or the expectation of an answer that was the problem. It was the incessant badgering to get the answer that suited the purposes of the one asking. In other words, the question was asked not to get a correct answer but an answer that served the person asking. This had the effect of creating the PRESUMPTION that the answer was a lie, or in not answering the question, the person was witholding some damning truth. That is not to say that that cannot occur but in Scientology the expected answer was quite often not the truth.

What you say in your private life amongst close friends and family is private and does not need to be answered to unless violating others rights is involved.

But when you post something on a public forum, such as a message board, you are no longer in the private but in the public where by posting, you have a responsibility to make yourself clear and that involves answering questions. There is an obligation to do so because you posted in the public. By the same token, when you accept a job, you are required to answer up on those things that involve your job because it can affect those who you work for and with. But what you do in your private life that does not affect how you do your job you do not have to answer to but if it does, you do.

Anwering, "I don't know" is often not accepted in Scientology when it is the truth.

Just saying!

TG1

Angelic Poster
My simple take on this is that nobody here is obligated to do anything but follow the board rules, which Mick once summarized as "Don't be an asshole."
:readrules:

But if someone is trolling, it's obvious. In which case ...
:dontfeedtrolls:

freethinker

Sponsor
Don't know who's post you are responding to or if just responding in general but because I used the word "obligation" and you used it as well in your post to point out that their isn't any beyond the rules, I figured I'd post this-

Rule # 1 is Treat Others with Respect.

The word respect implies obligation as does rule #1 itself. It is defined here

In particular,

deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.

Underlined and bolded emphasis mine.

My simple take on this is that nobody here is obligated to do anything but follow the board rules, which Mick once summarized as "Don't be an asshole."
:readrules:

But if someone is trolling, it's obvious. In which case ...
:dontfeedtrolls:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I just had a thought as to why TG1 said what she did. I am very sorry. Answering some of this kind of stuff does cause a trolling effect, although I never wanted that. Wasn't intentional but it happened anyway.

Truly sorry I wasted everyone's time responding to posts about this side stuff/personality stuff. Anyone who thought I shouldn't have was quite right.

:blowkiss:

I doubt there's a single person on this board who's perfect Claire, and it can take a lot to say the 's' word and mean it, and I know you do mean it.