"Not from this planet."

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Quick blurb...

As I recall, whilst on staff (infection) and semi-seriously, back in early '80s...and then not so seriously years after, until several years back now...

I remember all the ElCon lectures, and always seeking the most: anything space-opera! ...and yet all these lectures which were never about the listed topics, and yet always might have weird digressions into 'space alien' stuff, whenever he felt, and which I sought the most! ...all the 'whole-track, space opera shit I could dredge up! Figuring well, at that time, that the truth always laid somewhere between the cracks. (dumbass me)

I did then start to see how he sorta put this stuff in randomly, amidst other 'topics' at hand, as total brainwash effect, and yet it was all a strange bonus at the time, to hear anything regarding...(so easy to lead a lemming...)

This was a very fine trick indeed, to keep it peripheral, yet also kept the wandering sheep interested in 'the mystery', like you were eventually going to 'find out everything about it'. (Oatee 3)
Sci-Fi writer training

Regardless of ElCon's now legacy delusion, it's saddest to me that everyone and anyone (building empires) still use this technique to gain a following, whether cult-based or just the plain..advertising...

Ronny though still gets the Lion's-share of post-mortem analysis on this.

I think this only because his babblings were soooo nonsensical, when one dissects in present day...the 50s, 60s were such a perfect time for this

And his babblings on his race car driver years, a lifetime of being strapped in race car, all with crack, meth, amphetamines (whatever) injected into his spinal cord to keep racing...
I justl cannot get out of my head: Spridle and Chim Chim (Speed-Racer) who must've been there with him.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Yes, it is true that the vast majority of SCN materials (HCOBs, HCO PLs, books, and recorded LRH lectures) do not mention space opera (if one counted it in numbers of paragraphs where it occurs). So what?

One could listen to hours of the PDC lectures and only hear mention of "cat people" & "doll people" on the so-called "whole track".

Space opera is still at the core of it.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Yes, it is true that the vast majority of SCN materials (HCOBs, HCO PLs, books, and recorded LRH lectures) do not mention space opera (if one counted it in numbers of paragraphs where it occurs). So what?

One could listen to hours of the PDC lectures and only hear mention of "cat people" & "doll people" on the so-called "whole track".

Per the overt(PR)/covert model, Scientologists are supposed to "gradiently" introduce others into Scientology. That means lying to them, even though Scientologists don't think of it as lying.

Lebanon.jpg

Young 'wogs' absorbing misleading introductory material.

__________​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpHhJKeTYxI

SPACE ALIEN CULT DENIAL IN SCIENTOLOGY

Some examples of Scientological smoke blowing.

Scientology celebrity Juliette Lewis (age 39, born into Scientology) did a recent interview with Vanity Fair magazine and was asked about Xenu, space aliens, etc.

She explained that some people are confusing Hubbard's science fiction works with his other studies.

The actual interview it is located here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/12/juliette-lewis.html

There is another article about the interview here:
http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/can-you-be-a-christian-scientologist/question-1380577/

__________​

Interviewer's questions in bold black. Scientologist's answers in red:

I’m not sure how to segue into this, so I’ll just come out and ask. You’re a Scientologist, right?

I am, yeah.

Do you celebrate Christmas? I’ve never been sure about that. Does Christmas count as a Scientology holiday?

Oh yeah. We absolutely celebrate Christmas.

So you have a tree with ornaments and eggnog and presents and Christmas carols that aren't about Xenu?

I’m a Christian! [Beautifully done instant change of subject. Great 'Reporter TRs']. I think there’s so much confusion because people don’t understand a religion...

It’s about understanding one’s self and others and compassion and how to communicate better and how to live in this troubled society. It’s really basic, common sense stuff. It has nothing to do with all this funny folklore that surrounds it...

Do you believe your ancestors were reincarnated aliens?

That’s not been a part of my experience, no. (Laughs.)

So... you don’t believe you came from aliens?

I was thinking about where that idea came from, and I was like, 'Oh, maybe it’s because [L. Ron] Hubbard was a successful science fiction writer, so they’re confusing his science fiction with his other studies that have nothing to do with science fiction...'

...The one thing that troubles me is when rumor becomes hatred and prejudice towards a group of people. That’s when it becomes scary, when you have people trying to take away other people’s right to practice a religion of your own choosing...

___________​

Another example:

Jump ahead to 3:55 in this interview of Scientology Celebrity, and Scientologist her entire life, Kate Caberano (born 1966), and her husband. The subject of Christmas didn't come up, but there was a question about "aliens." Compare the answer to JL's answer. This is pat PR.

Interviewer: People will say, 'Do you believe in aliens?'

Kate Caberano: I've never heard of it in all my three generations.

Kate Caberano's husband: I think people confuse L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction work with his philosophical and religious work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTTirB9ZFo

What's strange is that, even in those who've been away from organized Scientology for years, this type of behavior, to varying degrees, sometimes persists.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Given that OT 3, NOTs and Solo NOTs are the big Lebowsky that all the Scientologists are shooting for and given the subject matter of the same, saying that Hubbard did not speak much of aliens is at best a distraction or a sleight of hand.

One might as well say that Hubabrd didn't speak much of KSW.

Does anyone get my drift?

Rd00

Loohan

Am I Mettaya?
Do you celebrate Christmas? I’ve never been sure about that. Does Christmas count as a Scientology holiday?

Oh yeah. We absolutely celebrate Christmas.

LOL, just so long as you make sure your stats are up Christmas week! Unless you are a namby-pamby panty-waist dilettante who uses wog holy days, astrology, and biorhythms as excuses for low production.

Anonycat

Crusader

That's right - without Xenu, space opera, implant stations, and all that, you also need to take away auditing, and all of the upper classes.

It's really a shame Elron was held incommunicado in the Bluebird as his insanity rapidly progressed the last decade of his life.

If his request for a jacked up emeter capable of preforming electroconvulsive shock treatment is any indication, his batshit crazy ramblings would have made for some quality comedy.