What's new

not sure Im in the right place...

he is here for the opening of the new org in Melbourne at the moment, well thats what I saw on the news anyway.

he visited us a while ago while coming to Melbourne for a COS thing

Sindy

Crusader
he is here for the opening of the new org in Melbourne at the moment, well thats what I saw on the news anyway.

he visited us a while ago while coming to Melbourne for a COS thing

Okay. Thank you. Now, first off...thanks for sharing what you have already, really. No one wants to push you to give information you are not comfortable giving but it can be tough to help someone with no info, right? So thanks for sharing.

I can TOTALLY understand why, having a house full of children yourself, you would want them to know family and for close bonds.

Now, in your heart of hearts...what do you desire? What do you want to see happen? What do you want changed in this situation?

AnonKat

Crusader
Welcome

http://moms-against-disconnection.org/

For a Good Cause: Welcome to Moms Against Disconnection, and yes, we're MAD about it!

The goal of our nonprofit organization is to help those from whom family members, relatives, friends, and/or business associates have disconnected

through religious shunning, or the practice of "disconnection".

Have you ever thought about how much you could change things just by volunteering?

emotionheader.jpg

I dont know exactly, all I DO know is that Im really pissed off at the COS for what happened to my family. that they could have handled this differently, that they took advantage of dad when he was down and as such he took advantage of my brother.

I want them to realise their family matters and cares about them, and that they have family (our kids) who want to know them again, some for the first time.
Im so angry that my first stepmum hated kids and drove a wedge between dad and us, then when she was gone it was the COS that took that role, Im also mad as hell at dad for letting them do it.

Im upset at my brother as I thought I mattered to him too.

Sindy

Crusader
I dont know exactly, all I DO know is that Im really pissed off at the COS for what happened to my family. that they could have handled this differently, that they took advantage of dad when he was down and as such he took advantage of my brother.

I want them to realise their family matters and cares about them, and that they have family (our kids) who want to know them again, some for the first time.
Im so angry that my first stepmum hated kids and drove a wedge between dad and us, then when she was gone it was the COS that took that role, Im also mad as hell at dad for letting them do it.

Im upset at my brother as I thought I mattered to him too.

Thank you. :bighug:

All right. Of course I don't (we don't) know you so, if I say something that doesn't fit or seem right, well, just chalk it up to that, okay?

You seem (from what limited info I have) to be the most responsible of the group were dealing with here in this conversation.

I completely see why you would be pissed and you have every right to be.

Now, obviously, this is not all Scientology related and it appears that Scientology is the latest thing, of many, BUT....

Scientology is SUPPOSED to help and it isn't helping you, is it?

Scientology as it is practiced inside the official "church" is a cult.

Your dad is not being helped and will not patch up his relationships while working for the church, especially now that is in its most frantic stages of fighting for its survival.

Even though it won't seem fair, you are going to have to be the strong one right now which, it appears is already the case.

Understand that the church of Scientology is on its last legs. It is on its way out, truly.

We can't give you exact dates but people are leaving the cult in droves right now.

Pretty soon your dad will have no other option but to have to look at all of this stuff as the church that is keeping him occupied will no longer exist.

Now, I don't want you to hold your breath or think this will happen tomorrow (even though that is what everyone on this board wants) but, you can hang out here with us and learn. Learn lots. Understand what is happening here if you want to.

We will help you as much as we can. In the end, it will be you that helps your dad and possibly you can gain an understanding of how to help your brother as well.

I wish I could tell you lots of other great stuff but, I don't have that in my bag of tricks.

You can Private Message me if you wish or, I'm sure, anyone else here.

Good night. :smoochy:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Thank you. :bighug:

All right. Of course I don't (we don't) know you so, if I say something that doesn't fit or seem right, well, just chalk it up to that, okay?

You seem (from what limited info I have) to be the most responsible of the group were dealing with here in this conversation.

I completely see why you would be pissed and you have every right to be.

Now, obviously, this is not all Scientology related and it appears that Scientology is the latest thing, of many, BUT....

Scientology is SUPPOSED to help and it isn't helping you, is it?

Scientology as it is practiced inside the official "church" is a cult.

Your dad is not being helped and will not patch up his relationships while working for the church, especially now that is in its most frantic stages of fighting for its survival.

Even though it won't seem fair, you are going to have to be the strong one right now which, it appears is already the case.

Understand that the church of Scientology is on its last legs. It is on its way out, truly.

We can't give you exact dates but people are leaving the cult in droves right now.

Pretty soon your dad will have no other option but to have to look at all of this stuff as the church that is keeping him occupied will no longer exist.

Now, I don't want you to hold your breath or think this will happen tomorrow (even though that is what everyone on this board wants) but, you can hang out here with us and learn. Learn lots. Understand what is happening here if you want to.

We will help you as much as we can. In the end, it will be you that helps you dad and possibly you can gain an understanding of how to help your brother as well.

I wish I could tell you lots of other great stuff but, I don't have that in my bag of tricks.

You can Private Message me if you wish or, I'm sure, anyone else here.

Good night. :smoochy:

What Sindy said^^^^^^^ :thumbsup::yes: :)

Sindy

Crusader
Also, your dad obviously loves you or he wouldn't have even visited you as it is often HARD to get time off when you work with the church. Also, know, that he thinks that what he is doing right now IS the absolute 100% best thing for you and his grand children because he truly thinks he is saving the world. In this way, he thinks he is doing the best possible thing for you. I know that's probably hard to believe but it's true.

Also, your dad obviously loves you or he wouldn't have even visited you as it is often HARD to get time off when you work with the church. Also, know, that he thinks that what he is doing right now IS the absolute 100% best thing for you and his grand children because he truly thinks he is saving the world. In this way, he thinks he is doing the best possible thing for you. I know that's probably hard to believe but it's true.

It is very hard to understand, I see showing love as being there. I cant see it from someone who's got grandkids who dont even know who he is.

But yes, my dad is the kind of guy who would fall into this "Im saving the world" trap. He has flown into Indonesia (on the COS pocket) to work there after the tsunami, he has worked all around OZ regarding the aboriginal treatment and all that, and he has said very emotionally that he loves what he does.

Sindy

Crusader
It is very hard to understand, I see showing love as being there. I cant see it from someone who's got grandkids who dont even know who he is.

But yes, my dad is the kind of guy who would fall into this "Im saving the world" trap. He has flown into Indonesia (on the COS pocket) to work there after the tsunami, he has worked all around OZ regarding the aboriginal treatment and all that, and he has said very emotionally that he loves what he does.

I'm with ya on that, for sure.:yes:

I really hope this is the case.
but I wonder if something else will take its place?

and yes I did place hope in COS bridging the gap, but alas that was not to be.

Sindy

Crusader
I really hope this is the case.
but I wonder if something else will take its place?

and yes I did place hope in COS bridging the gap, but alas that was not to be.

From what I have seen, once someone is in Scientology and they thinkk they have found the answer to everything, there isn't anything that can take its place afterward and that's what makes it hard for people to recover.

He will want to repair his relationships then, I think we all do. If you stay here and and keep reading, I think it will help you a lot.

I have to go to sleep. Good night. :)

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Whitetable, and welcome to ESMB.

Scientology rips families apart while using the PR line that they bring families together. Scientology is a dichotomous cult.

One thing that is relevant to your situation. Most Scientologist go into it because they think that it is a great thing and they can be part of a group that is doing great things for the world and it is very important that they work hard and contribute to this. Many of them hang in there for years because their idealism is appealed to. Meanwhile, Scientology is slowly eroding their life, their family, their free will, their mind and their bank account. It is a mental and sometimes physical trap. The cult will have been taking control of your father's life bit by bit and to them, family matters are "other fish to fry" and therefore they become "out ethics".

When Scientologists finally wake up and leave, they most often will try and repair damaged family relationships as a priority. Scientology, as someone already mentioned, is almost dead. There are many more ex Scientlogists than there are Scientologists. Many of them want to see the cult gone so it can't hurt anyone else. It also became a target for Anonymous, which has proven to be a formidable force. I can't see it being around for more than another year or two, but I think it will be much less time than that in Australia. So the faster we can bring it down, the faster you and a lot of others will have your family back.

Enjoy the board. You will learn plenty here. It may be useful when you get back together with your family.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
From what I have seen, once someone is in Scientology and they think they have found the answer to everything, there isn't anything that can take its place afterward and that's what makes it hard for people to recover. <snip>
This apparency is not due to any quality about Scientology. It's because the OT pipedream and magic is a lie.. Doesn't exist and cannot be attained.

:hattip:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
thanks for the welcome, is there an area for family of members? or a stand alone site?

Welcome, whitetable.
Just catching up on this thread and your story. No, sorry, you may not be alienated to a section for family members only. You're in with the rest of us!
It is always interesting to me how scientology affects those who are not even in it so adversely.

The stories of the trickle-down of this infectious disconnection disease are under-tapped IMHO. It is another thing for those who think they want to get involved with scientology to consider. Sooner or later you will lose some or part of your family or friends. And it isn't even the scientologist that will feel the hurt because they believe they are right. It is the disconnected. Until later when the scientologist realizes all they have lost.

Your bother and Dad will eventually conclude this. Keep the line out for them.
:heartflower:

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Welcome, Whitetable.

You've definitely come to the right place. Thanks for sharing your story. :yes:

I was, in a way, like your father in that I believed I was doing the best thing I could with my life to help my family and mankind. Even though that meant that I couldn't spend much time with them or even speak to them the way I really felt that I wanted to. There were many things I could not say that I wanted to say.

Slowly I came to realize that what I had believed or really tried to believe for so long was a lie. Mixed up in the lie were little tiny pieces of truth that kept me stuck to it for so long. Once I realized it was more lie than truth, the grip on me started to lessen and after that it was a snowball effect. After that, things started to happen very rapidly.

I came to this board then and found many people to whom I could relate with similar or worse stories and experiences. This has helped me to recover even more rapidly from my exposure to this deceptive group.

Glad you are here. I trust being here will help you, too. :)