What's new

NOTs - thoughts.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree. If handling it produces TA action, it's good even if you think it was the *Daleks that were your enemies in a past life ot something. (Ex-ter-min-ate!)

Update; I've just consulted my Tech dictionary and I can't see an entry for targs, so they're either not that important in Scn or only relevant at the top of the Bridge; either way I don't need to worry about them at the moment..

* Dr Who's arch enemies in the early series back in the '60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daleks

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
I find it incredibly interesting that just because we both believe in different things that you see me as an opponent. I also find this very sad. If everyone in the world thought this we would all of us be a war with each other on a daily basis. You, and everyone else here on this board are more than within your rights to believe in whatever rocks your boat, and who am I to come along and force what 'I' believe down your or anyone elses throat for that matter. Perhaps you thought we had 'disagreed' in the past as you had thought things about what I had said in your head and didn't write them down as I have absolutely no recollection of ever having had a disagreement with you.

Also, I wouldn't say that you believe in the tech more than I do, because I do not believe in the tech at all, so I'd like to get that point straight here. What you think of me and my beliefs Cat is none of my business, and neither is what I think of you any of yours. We are both free to think for ourselves at last and are entitled to think what we want, however for me, to get into what people think of me, or do not think of me, takes an important part of the real me out of the equation, it cuts across the honesty within me, so, in order for me to be honest on this forum, and indeed in life, I cannot possibly give time to worrying about what people think of me.

I learned a long time ago that no matter what you do or say, no matter how 'nice' you are, believe in whatever, if you stand on your head, beg or plead, there will always always always be people who don't like you, and that is the way the world should be because we are all uniuqe. I don't believe we should all act like robots anymore and I have no time for theetie weeties, I admire people who have the balls to speak their truth whether I agree with them or not. It's when I feel people are pretending to be something they are not, or are being dishonest with me spouting off something they read, something someone else wrote as opposed to what's in their own hearts that I see red.

I don't think $cientology is a con Cat's Squirrel, I know it is, and there is enough proof and evidence both in my experience with the cult and here on the internet after some extensive research.

I hope this answers your question.

You are my girl, Pixie! even when we may differ in our view of Scientology. :happydance:

Pixie

Crusader
You are my girl, Pixie! even when we may differ in our view of Scientology. :happydance:

:omg: I'm 'your' girl?? :modest: why Vinaire.. you've made my day. :yes: Now, would you care for some warm milk and a little grooming with a nice soft brush? :kiss:

Now, back to bis, this is the second time today someone has suggested that I am somehow in 'disagreement' with them. I was never aware we were ever in any disagreement with each other Vinaire. Would you care to enlighten me on that? Perhaps later though, I just want to absorb what you said about being 'your girl'.. :D

:happydance:

Vinaire

Sponsor
:omg: I'm 'your' girl?? :modest: why Vinaire.. you've made my day. :yes: Now, would you care for some warm milk and a little grooming with a nice soft brush? :kiss:

Now, back to bis, this is the second time today someone has suggested that I am somehow in 'disagreement' with them. I was never aware we were ever in any disagreement with each other Vinaire. Would you care to enlighten me on that? Perhaps later though, I just want to absorb what you said about being 'your girl'.. :D

:happydance:

Well, if we had the same view we would have as-ised each other. At the moment, I believe, you exist separate from me.

You are unique, that is another reason you are my girl! And yes, I like the soft touch with lot of feeling of care in it.

Pixie

Crusader
Well, if we had the same view we would have as-ised each other. At the moment, I believe, you exist separate from me.

You are unique, that is another reason you are my girl! And yes, I like the soft touch with lot of feeling of care in it.

Always Vinaire, always. :yes: And yes, we are all unique, which is why 'group think' will never work and will only lead to war. We are all a part of the rich taperstry, and until we can all accept that, it's going to be hard. But this did not explain why you ever thought I had a disagreement with you. :confused2:

Vinaire

Sponsor
Always Vinaire, always. :yes: And yes, we are all unique, which is why 'group think' will never work and will only lead to war. We are all a part of the rich taperstry, and until we can all accept that, it's going to be hard. But this did not explain why you ever thought I had a disagreement with you. :confused2:

Having different views does not necessarily mean we are in disagreement. We just have different views.

Now we haven't talked about the differences yet. Having an eastern background, I have looked at Scientology very differently from most people with western background.

My viewpoint may not even be recognized as "Scientology" by many of western background.

Pixie

Crusader
Having different views does not necessarily mean we are in disagreement. We just have different views.

Now we haven't talked about the differences yet. Having an eastern background, I have looked at Scientology very differently from most people with western background.

My viewpoint may not even be recognized as "Scientology" by many of western background.

This does not answer my question sweet kitty, and if you have a different viewpoint then I agree, this does not mean we are in disagreement. And of course I understand that your eastern background is going to give you a different viewpoint on many things which is very interesting indeed as it does appear more and more that the 'west' are now looking to the 'east' for some answers. :yes: So, care to enlighten me with your differences? What do you actually believe Vinaire? What's your 'thing', what rocks your boat Vinaire? Apart from the warm milk and soft brush that is. :p

asagai

Patron Meritorious
I've read this, but frankly it's well into the "if we can sneer at it it makes us better than it" school of analysis.

Can I offer a different perspective, the view of a friend of mine who was running NOTs; science fiction writers are actually dipping into their own bank and recalling whole track when they write?

Targs may or may not exist or be useful as phenomena worth addressing in session; I'm all for keeping an open mind on this.

Who says I am sneering?

I'm perfectly serious in my critique.

This "session" is a rare example of how Ron did his "research". We see him using the meter as a truth-detector, we see him self-auditing and his auditor evaluating and agreeing with him.

This is a rare documented example of his "upper-level research". I am submitting it for evaluation as to the rigour with which the "research" was done. And if you read the full extract of Ron's "session" you see the early 1952 "research" into thetan trapping/implants, Christianity implants, OTIII & NOTs

You can choose to dismiss this "research" and his early pre-Scn ideas about entities, but that doesn't mean this form of "research" did not take place. :duh:

As for Targs not being in the tech dictionary - are you seriously suggesting this means that this piece of LRH "research" should be of no concern to us? :roflmao:

Are you doing a CofS handling to "dead-agent" this documentation that I'm quoting? Are you trying to distract ESMB readers from reading about the LRH "research" that led to OTIII and NOTs?

By the way, your thread diversion tactic of introducing the idea that SF writers were dipping into their banks is not a new one or solely for NOT's students to "discover".

Long before NOTs, Ron made it perfectly clear that this was the case. It is an idea that like so many others quoted by his slaves (- sorry students!) originally came from Ron.

He told me and my friends personally that the "Lensmen" series was "an excellent example of whole-track recall" Those were his exact words to us that your NOTs friend is just parroting.

But as I say, it appears you introduced this idea as a distraction from a discussion about the so-called "research" that led to NOTs.

You have chosen to hand over your own personal reality of yourself to Hubbard and let him con you into believeing he understood you better than you did because of such metered figuring that I have quoted.

Others will chose not to! :thumbsup:

Vinaire

Sponsor
This does not answer my question sweet kitty, and if you have a different viewpoint then I agree, this does not mean we are in disagreement. And of course I understand that your eastern background is going to give you a different viewpoint on many things which is very interesting indeed as it does appear more and more that the 'west' are now looking to the 'east' for some answers. :yes: So, care to enlighten me with your differences? What do you actually believe Vinaire? What's your 'thing', what rocks your boat Vinaire? Apart from the warm milk and soft brush that is. :p

Now, if you rub my tummy I shall run around for you. :happydance:

You may see the differences on the thread "The Handling of Mass." That is, the differences between an eastern mindset and a western mindset, Please don't take the words "eastern" and "western" literally. I am using them as placeholders for certain characteristic viewpoints.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who says I am sneering? I'm perfectly serious in my critique.

You quoted an entry in skepdic, which did sneer at LRH; therefore you're a party to that "sneering". You can't deny that, it's there in black and white.

This "session" is a rare example of how Ron did his "research". We see him using the meter as a truth-detector, we see him self-auditing and his auditor evaluating and agreeing with him.

This is a rare documented example of his "upper-level research". I am submitting it for evaluation as to the rigour with which the "research" was done. And if you read the full extract of Ron's "session" you see the early 1952 "research" into thetan trapping/implants, Christianity implants, OTIII & NOTs.

Okay, but so what? Pilot says the same. Check out the introduction to the SuperScio pdf for evidence of that.

You can choose to dismiss this "research" and his early pre-Scn ideas about entities, but that doesn't mean this form of "research" did not take place. :duh:

I'm dismissing nothing. Where the heck are you getting these ideas from? I'm merely saying that the fact that targs are not part of my reality and for all I know may not ever be doesn't preclude their being significant for someone else.

As for Targs not being in the tech dictionary - are you seriously suggesting this means that this piece of LRH "research" should be of no concern to us? :roflmao:

No, I'm saying it's of no concern to me. At least not at this time. What you concern yourself with is your business.

Are you doing a CofS handling to "dead-agent" this documentation that I'm quoting?

No. :rolleyes:

Are you trying to distract ESMB readers from reading about the LRH "research" that led to OTIII and NOTs?

Couldn't give a damn, frankly, people can read what they want. I honestly don't care how Ron came by the NOTS data; it's my understanding that it was from Mayo, but if it wasn't it wasn't. I was merely trying to defend NOTs to some extent against those like you who say it's worthless, by saying I know people who have made good gains from it.

By the way, your thread diversion tactic of introducing the idea that SF writers were dipping into their banks is not a new one or solely for NOT's students to "discover".

It's not diversionary; it happens to be someone's honest opinion and, hard though this apparently is for you to believe, I stated it in good faith..

Long before NOTs, Ron made it perfectly clear that this was the case. It is an idea that like so many others quoted by his slaves (- sorry students!) originally came from Ron.

He told me and my friends personally that the "Lensmen" series was "an excellent example of whole-track recall" Those were his exact words to us that your NOTs friend is just parroting.

Good, in that case we agree.

But as I say, it appears you introduced this idea as a distraction from a discussion about the so-called "research" that led to NOTs.

I did nothing of the kind. I introduced it because the fact that Ron was a science fiction writer was being used to invalidate his claims of being a serious researcher into the mind and spirit, which it shouldn't have been.

Your constant assumptions of bad faith on my part are getting tiresome.

You have chosen to hand over your own personal reality of yourself to Hubbard and let him con you into believing he understood you better than you did because of such metered figuring that I have quoted.

Bullshit. If you read my posts properly you will see I disagree with LRH on a number of points.

Others will chose not to! :thumbsup:

No one should.

Last edited:

Pixie

Crusader
Now, if you rub my tummy I shall run around for you. :happydance:

You may see the differences on the thread "The Handling of Mass." That is, the differences between an eastern mindset and a western mindset, Please don't take the words "eastern" and "western" literally. I am using them as placeholders for certain characteristic viewpoints.

Oh sure! I'd love to rub your white furry tum tum! And I'd so love to have you do a little run around. What about behind those cute fluffy ears, do you like it behind the ears Vinaire? :happydance:

Ok, I shall have a look in the hope that I can understand the complex articulation of this thread.. again! :melodramatic: I understand what you're saying about not taking the eastern western viewpoints literally of course, I understand totally that no matter where anyone's from their viewpoints can be mixed and more importantly their own.

Now.. to the 'handling of mass' thread.. :eyeroll:

Vinaire

Sponsor
Oh sure! I'd love to rub your white furry tum tum! And I'd so love to have you do a little run around. What about behind those cute fluffy ears, do you like it behind the ears Vinaire? :happydance:

Ok, I shall have a look in the hope that I can understand the complex articulation of this thread.. again! :melodramatic: I understand what you're saying about not taking the eastern western viewpoints literally of course, I understand totally that no matter where anyone's from their viewpoints can be mixed and more importantly their own.

Now.. to the 'handling of mass' thread.. :eyeroll:

I actually said not to take take the words "eastern" and "western" literally. It is not that complex really, unless one makes it so.

My furry little head can think of very simple things only. I run away the moment things start to become complex.

Headend

Patron with Honors
The question of whether or not the Tech works is a serious question which IMO needs to be discussed and hopefully settled on here.
It's well & truly settled for me, that's why I don't post here or anywhere else much anymore, I hope that by looking at the points made by asagai & a few others, you can arrive at the same place yourself. I have so much more time for better things these days. Like living my life. :happydance:

Asagai just remember it's the one who lurk & read that you help the most by so clearly destroying the myth.

Keep up the good work, sorry to leave you doing it by yourself but I find the whole Ron/Scn thing boring these days & you where always much better at it than me. :thumbsup:

Time to disappear back into cyber space I think.:goodluck:

Pixie

Crusader
I actually said not to take take the words "eastern" and "western" literally. It is not that complex really, unless one makes it so.

My furry little head can think of very simple things only. I run away the moment things start to become complex.

:omg: No need to get snarly with me kitty, I understood what you said about the words. :nervous:

If you can teach maths then you can't be that much of a scardy cat now can you, and I can't think of anything in the whole wide world more complex than maths, so it's not true that you run away. :no:

Now, there there kitty, go and have a nice lie down in your basket and I'll bring you your supper and a special treat for being such a good boy today. :yes: Warm milk or a tasty treat? :whistling:

Vinaire

Sponsor
:omg: No need to get snarly with me kitty, I understood what you said about the words. :nervous:

If you can teach maths then you can't be that much of a scardy cat now can you, and I can't think of anything in the whole wide world more complex than maths, so it's not true that you run away. :no:

Now, there there kitty, go and have a nice lie down in your basket and I'll bring you your supper and a special treat for being such a good boy today. :yes: Warm milk or a tasty treat? :whistling:

Math is very simple. Just play with the abacus on my web site.