ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

NOW IS THE TIME!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by RogerB, Apr 27, 2015.

1. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Now is the time for concerted action in the UK!

With the publication of the cult's horrors in perhaps the world's most important newspaper of record, The Times, as featured in a major exposé in its Sunday Magazine Section . . . now is the time to return the cult's favour of lobbying Parliament.

See:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?39279-Marty-has-7-pages-in-Times-Magazine-of-25-4-2015

The UK, and now its regional assemblies like Scotland, present a wonderful opportunity for lobbying your MPs . . . they are wonderfully accessible, so too the House of Lords.

For years, we used to attend weekly to ask to see and speak to the various members on behalf of the cult . . . now is the time to reverse that flow. This is a subject of monster outrage . . . and one your elected representatives and Lords must be interested in.

Remember: this is what initially brought down the Scientology enterprise in Melbourne . . . questions asked in parliament!

I would recommend arming yourselves with copies of The Times, piece . . . none can be more effective is pleading with your representative than we who truly know of the crimes of the cult.

For further info of importance to use, search ESMB for the notes on COSRECI (Church of Scientology Religious Education Company Inc.) There are notes here on it being a scam "charity" incorporated in Adelaide, S. Australia, resident in a residential house out there and then being registered to trade in the UK as a resident Foreign Corp enjoying the benefits of its inferred charitable status from Oz. COSRECI is the umbrella to which all the orgs outside of the US are empowered, including St. Hill.

All part of the scam of course.

All these points should be raised in the UK before parliament . . .

There is a mountain of info here that was submitted before the 2010 Ozzie Senate inquiry into forming new Charities Legislation . . . look up references to our beloved Sen Xenophon and the Oz Senate hearings.

You should also use the findings of both the State of Victoria Inquiry into Scientology (the "Anderson Inquiry") It's totally damning, and the findings and recommendations of Robinson et al in the UK that led to the banning of Scn students entering the UK in 1968.

Lobbying your MP is easy . . . in my day you simply had to be willing to front up to the Houses of Parliament and ASK to Speak to him!

Question now need to be "asked in the House" . . . and we should frame the questions: "In light of the recent exposure of the criminal conduct of affairs of the Scientology organisation, what is the Home Secretary doing about curtailing this fraud!? What is the Minister of Health doing to protect these victims of the Scientology fraud!?" Stuff like that . . .

R

2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

This is great Rog.

As an adjunct I would like to see some ( OSA policies and directives references) to make it clearer how the 'cherch' lobbyist go about their business and what materials they use and where those materials come from. This information could well shine the light on the attempted manipulations done by the cult and alert the Parliament (and other organizations) as to when and how the person from OSA sitting in front of Parlimentary member or his/her staff, is trying to bamboozle and mislead.

3. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

Why not just posting the text of the article?

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

Apparently it is not online.....unless you have a subscription.

5. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't wish to be picky but I'm getting confused as to where this article was published.

Roger is saying it was in the Sunday Magazine of The Times newspaper but Terril's initial post says it was published on 25th April, which was a Saturday.

In the UK we have The Times, which is published Monday to Saturday, and The Sunday Times, which is Sunday only.

I usually buy The Sunday Times, which has a magazine, and I didn't see any mention of Scientology in this week's issue so I assume it must have been in The Times on Saturday.

Anyway, I haven't seen the article so I can't comment on it.

6. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Our MPs only spend a certain amount of time 'in the house', they see their local people in 'surgeries' locally, so you don't have to travel up to the 'smoke' you can see them in their office. I have emailed my MP on the subject I suggest that all Brits do this. All you have to do is to go to this site to find out who your MP is and to write to them, it will usually have their email address there, though some prefer snail mail. They are very busy canvassing at the time being and may not be your rep come next month so wait a while till after the elections.

I went once to talk with my MP in the houses of parliament, about how wonderful the cult was and how Hubbard should be allowed back in, probably with your help and guidance Rog I can't remember mostly because I was quite overawed then, I wouldn't be now.

http://www.ukpolitical.info/Finder.htm

7. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

What is this 'writing' you speak of? Is there a YT vid that will teach me how?

8. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

It's a Times Mag article preview. Here is the link Terril provided. I broke it down for you to see. It was probably written and previewed on Saturday for Sunday's distribution
    http: //www. thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazine/article4418118 .ece#commentsStart

9. ThetanExterior

I still don't get it.

That preview is on a page for The Times Magazine. There is a separate section on that website for The Sunday Times.

This is what I'm getting at. The Times and The Sunday Times are two separate newspapers so to say that it is in The Times Magazine issued on Sunday makes no sense. It is either The Times, which is published on Monday to Saturday or it is The Sunday Times, which is published on Sunday.

To say it is The Times Magazine published on Sunday is illogical.

10. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Oh yes, believe it or not there are 7 pages of clips explaining how to write an email.

11. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh I thought you were talking about those squiggly marks you make with that ancient thing known as a pen.

12. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

The Times also has a magazine on saturday which was where the article was.
    Also a headline on the cover.

13. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Oh you can get YT clips that shows you how to pull a good feather out of a goose's wing and other ones that you show you how to knap flint into a knife sharp enough to shape the nib. Then there's getting one of your servants to climb up oak trees to find a gall or two for the ink. YT has all the latest tech. Some of our members of parliament actually have electricity supplied to their castles these days and can communicate electronically.

14. ThetanExterior

Right. that's what I thought the situation must be.

My point being that when the OP says: "as featured in a major exposé in its Sunday Magazine Section." , it should say: "Saturday Magazine Section".

We finally got there.:carryon:

15. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Well, Las la Lou Lou . . . my last Lobbying effort was, of course, at the Palace of Westminster . . . but it was around 1969 . . . I've been in the US 30+ years now . . . so I am out of date.

But I would say, ANY contact made with your MP is valid and valuable . . . having a sit down and pointed discussion is best, of course . . . . in the current climate: elections coming up in the UK and all . . . . :biggrin: the opposition MP's might see more mileage in embarrassing the current government (in power) . . . this is what occurred in Melbourne . . . it was the Labour opposition raising the embarrassing questions regarding the Liberal (in power) Government's "inaction and failure to stop the rot of this Scientology disgrace!!!!!" that moved the government to have to act . . . .:ohmy:

But . . . even while they are out canvassing for either re-election or to be elected (if a candidate trying to unseat an incumbent) . . . WHAT COULD BE BETTER!?! The perfect time . . . contact each, and put the pointed question: "Having been defrauded and abused while a member of this cult just exposed in The Times, and now that it is a matter of proven public record, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU (MR CANDIDATE) WILL DO AND CAN DO ABOUT THIS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY BEING CARRIED ON UNDERCOVER OF 'RELIGION!" I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL DO FOR FOLKS LIKE ME AND THOSE STILL TRAPPED INSIDE THE CULT IF I GIVE YOU MY VOTE!? If I were to arrange with other abused members I know of to canvass for you, will you guarantee to raise this question of the Church Of Scientology abuses as revealed in this issue of The Times in parliament?!!!!

Is that sweet, poetic justice now? or is that sweet poetic justice?:p

ThetanExterior . . . Ya . . . it is The Times . . . did you actually click on Terril's link?? I was seeing The Sunday Times noted atop the list of tags . . .

We guys who subscribe to these types of newspapers and have them delivered, actually get the Sunday Magazine with our Saturday paper delivery . . . this because the whole Sunday paper is so huge . . . they split the bulk.

Though, it is possible we have either this being an on-line version of The Times, and this is definitely THE Times, as is evident by its logo . . . or they have an on-line magazine version or they release the Sunday Magazine on-line on Saturday just to be in synch with hard copy delivery. But that's all guesses . . . in NYC I would know WTF . . . London in ancient memories for me now days.

Either way, this story has the imprimatur of what is perhaps the most prestigious newspaper in the world . . . it has legs . . . and I say, kick the Choich in the teeth with it. :eyeroll:

16. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

My Dear, google it . . . you'll see they are the same organization essentially the same paper, same company publishing it, and from the same address. It is mere convention to be calling one The Sunday Times versus The Times . . . they do the same drill here in New York with its "Times" . . . . even the logos are the same except for the addition of the Sunday depicting the special version of the Times. The Sunday Times is the same paper but with heaps of additional and special features.

But apart from all the little "illogics" you have on this . . . are you interested in doing something to use this info to bring the cult down? Or are you going to get out of the way or leave to someone else, or what??

17. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Then, Terril, it seems you have a hard copy? as the cover headline is not showing on-line with the link you gave us . . . if you have the hard copy :) how about a scan?

R

18. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I suppose it's worth a few emails. Why not.