What's new

Now it's in the Mainstream Media - Leah Remini dumps Scientology - NY Post

Re: Leah Remini offered 'millions of dollars' for tell-all Scientology memoir

Bidding war........and who is that down at the back outbidding everyone else?
Yes you Sir or is it Maam, sorry i cannot see you, could you stand up please? Oh.....you are standing Miss...m
Miss who? Oh... Miss...Cavige......Whats that? Oh so sorry Sir...Miscavige!.......Mr Miscavige. Well Sir you have won the bid.....whats that? Its not to publish...its NOT to publish....oh yes I understand
SIr "Church" (cough, cough) , of scientlogy. I understand perfectly sir.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Kathie Lee and Hoda mentioned all this today-including the potential revelation of personal secrets and disconnection orders.:thumbsup:

Gib

Crusader
Re: Leah Remini Planning to Write Scientology Tell-All Book

My understanding -- and I may be incorrect -- is that Dianne Hubbard Horwich has been seen at Int Base. She isn't appearing at events, etc., but has been seen. Unlike Shelly, she has not completely vanished.

Well, at least somebody got the idea of my message:

Anonymous Sea Org Staff, August 2, 2013

Maybe the more interesting question the media should be asking is “Where is Diana Hubbard???”

http://scientologycelebrity.wordpre...about-cultists-outreach-to-his-kids/#comments

And for that matter, the media should pile on asking "where's ......." of a whole bunch of other names like Mary sue Hubbard, Arthur, the whole clan, and Int Management, all to get scientology public & celeb's to start questioning things.

Like when I got that Debbie Cook email, (I know I keep mentioning it), one of my first questions in doing due diligence last year was "where are the old timers? Who are these 270 "clears" that hubbard "cleared" as he wrote in dmsmh.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
I was thinking about the Leah Remini story and what gives it the potential to be powerful, maybe even powerful enough to bring the cult tumbling down. It is its simplicity in a celebrity setting.

By simplicity I mean that it will be easily understood by the public, but also in terms of reflecting something simple and fundamentally damning about Scientology -- you don't ask questions. By celebrity setting, I mean she asked this question about the whereabouts of the leader's wife at TomKat's wedding, and of course Leah herself is a celebrity and a decades-long member and advocate for the cult.

For most of the public, David Miscavige has been an elusive figure even though some people knew he was believed to be Tom Cruise's best friend. There are no videos of them hanging out together, or being interviewed together and Cruise doesn't talk about him. David Miscavige himself is not making public appearances or playing parts in movies or TV to attract the attention of the public.

Yet, Leah Remini's story brings attention to David Miscavige. He is the star of her story.:)

AnonKat

Crusader
replace because of faulty content

[video=youtube;j0ZFow_9vsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j0ZFow_9vsg#at=91[/video]

Last edited:

Daisy

Patron with Honors
Check out national enquirer cover coming up, regarding Lisa Marie helping out Leah.

Home › Celebrity › EXCLUSIVE COVER STORY: LEAH REMINI’s SECRET ALLY
More Sharing ServicesShareShare on twitterShare on facebook
Print Email to a friend
EXCLUSIVE COVER STORY: LEAH REMINI’S SECRET ALLY
-A+A
Published on: August 14, 2013
by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

LEAH REMINI is bracing for a backlash from celebrity Scientologists after quitting the church -- but the “King of Queens” star has one high-profile ally who vows unwavering support.

Lisa Marie Presley, who reportedly abandoned the church in May 2012, has counseled Leah by phone and even invited her to her home in England to escape the turmoil, say sources.

The 43-year-old sitcom actress ditched the controversial religion in July.

Since then her war with the church has taken an ugly turn as she promised to write an expose and filed a missing persons report on the wife of its leader David Miscavige -- a claim that Los Angeles police call “unfounded.”

A friend told The ENQUIRER that Leah fears retribution from the church, whose membership includes Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley.

Shortly after Leah quit, Kirstie tweeted: "I take a moment to experience the loss of a person who I thought was my friend…then I say f*** `em."

Fortunately, Leah’s longtime pal Lisa Marie, 45, promises to be her port in the storm.

The ENQUIRER has all the details on how Lisa is saying she’s there to help Leah through her terror and a exclusive special investigation that reveals even more disturbing practices of the controversial church.

For the FULL STORY it’s ONLY in the new ENQUIRER – now on sale!

OhMG

Patron Meritorious

And for that matter, the media should pile on asking "where's ......." of a whole bunch of other names like Mary sue Hubbard, Arthur, the whole clan, and Int Management, all to get scientology public & celeb's to start questioning things.

MSH is 6 feet under. Arthur, no idea. Suzette, talked to her about a year ago, had lunch with her. "Int Management clan", in lock down in Hemet base.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

MSH is 6 feet under. Arthur, no idea. Suzette, talked to her about a year ago, had lunch with her. "Int Management clan", in lock down in Hemet base.

Roanne Horwich blew last year. So did Ronnie Miscavige Sr.

Gib

Crusader

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Gib

Sometimes old news is new News to some folks.

Like where are the 270 "clears" hubbard "cleared" as he stated he did in the 1950 DMSMH?

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini 9-23-2013 - "The Church Is Looking For Me To Fail" -

Just in from The Hollywood Reporter... (link here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/leah-remini-talks-scientology-split-634836 )

Leah Remini just told an audience of millions what the Co$ will tell Co$ members if she doesn't do well on DWTS - you know, because Co$ members aren't allowed to see/view for themselves.

"The church is looking for me to fail," she said, "So they can say, 'Look what happens when you leave.'"

It's the first time that Remini has addressed her separation from the church on the series. She remained mum during the Sept. 16 opener -- but producers held little back in showcasing Monday's brief soundbite. A newspaper headline about her Scientology exit also flashed across the screen during clip. Remini has been selective about the venues where she's chosen to discuss the split, though it did come up during her appearance on the recent season premiere of Ellen.

EDIT: Here's a link to The Underground Bunker with additional information/commentary: http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/23/leah-remini-scientology-wants-me-to-fail-on-dancing-with-the-stars/

JB

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Leah Remini dumps Scientology - BuzzFeed Interview Feb 2014

"Leah Remini Shares The Truth About The Hardest Year Of Her Life"

BuzzFeed just uploaded this very long interview with Leah Remini and Jarett Weiselman.
(Yep, she is writing a book.:thumbsup:)

Here's the link to read the entire article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/leah-remini-shares-the-truth-about-the-hardest-year-of-her-l

There's LOTS of information, but here are a few choice excerpts:

Excerpt #1
While Remini insists there were dozens of influencing factors fueling her decision to exit the notoriously controlling church, none were more persuasive than her 9-year-old daughter, Sofia.

“She was getting to the age where the acclimation into the Church would have to start,” Remini revealed of the process, which begins with auditing. It includes having children answer questions like, Have you ever pretended to be ill? Have you ever decided you didn’t like some member of your family? Have you ever been a coward?

“I started thinking of my own childhood and how I grew up resenting my mother because she was never home,” Remini explained. “It’s funny; somehow my father, the guy who left his kids and never paid child support, was excluded from my resentment and I grew up resenting my mother for not being home to make food, like all my friends’ moms were. But my mom thought she was doing something good; she thought she was helping the planet. That’s what the Church tells you.”

Like many churches that actively exclude non-members, Scientology reinforces a “Church First” mantra, which became harder and harder for Remini to swallow. “In my house, it’s family first — but I was spending most of my time at the Church,” she added. “So, I was saying ‘family first,’ but I wasn’t showing that. I didn’t like the message that sent my daughter.”

Excerpt #2
Remini soon began to speak to her friends within the Church, many of whom she’d known for nearly three decades, about implementing changes, yet she was only met with opposition.

“We had a chance to make a change from within, but they didn’t want to,” Remini said. “That showed me they didn’t actually care, which went against everything I thought we stood for. They only cared that their lives would be disrupted if they stood with me. They didn’t care about doing the right thing. That showed me everything the Church taught me was a lie.”

Excerpt #3
As she’d done after every other major chapter in her life came to a close, Remini mourned. She mourned the friends she lost upon exiting the Church and she mourned the life she was leaving behind after more than 30 years. But she simultaneously gained a newfound clarity into the prejudices she’d inadvertently adopted as a result of her affiliation with Scientology.

“In the Church, you’re taught that everybody is lost,” Remini explained. “They say they’re loving, caring, non-judgmental people, but secretly, they were judging the world for not believing what they believed. To me, that is not a spiritual person. That’s a judgmental person and that is the person that I was. I was a hypocrite, and the worst thing you can be in this world is a hypocrite.”

Excerpt #4
It also taught her how to celebrate life. “Before, I would be going to the Church right after this lunch,” she said. “There’s no going to dinner with friends and having a glass of wine — I never did that in my adult life. I always thought people who had a glass of wine at dinner were alcoholics. It was so crazy to me because you can’t get counseling the next day at the Church if you’ve had a drink, so most Scientologists don’t drink. Not that that’s a bad thing, but it also prevents you from having fun because your mindset is to wake up early and go to the Church every single day. There’s a lot of work required to retain your place in the Church.”

Excerpt #5
As she’s re-evaluated her own beliefs in the aftermath of such a massive life change as leaving the Church she’s been a part of for three decades, Remini has reclaimed her spirituality, and, at the suggestion of her best friend Jennifer Lopez, begun listening to affirmation tapes.

One of the daily exercises requires Remini to look in a mirror and say, “I love you, Leah. You’re doing the best you can do.” And that’s typically followed by Remini laughing hysterically at herself. But she still does it every day.

“Jennifer made special rings for all the women in her life that say, ‘I Love Me,” and I’ve really come to realize you have to love yourself before you can expect someone else to,” Remini added. “You have to learn to believe you deserve love. And I’m getting there. I’m starting to believe it.”

After a scio-celebrity gives an interview, they're expected to go to an org for...what? A debriefing?

JB

Last edited:

Daisy

Patron with Honors
JB,

I think she was saying that your life is scientology. Taking a day off from the cult is not being a good scientologist.

Sounds like she is finally enjoying life. Happy for her.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Now it's in the MSM - Leah Remini dumps Scientology - BuzzFeed - February 2014

JB,

I think she was saying that your life is scientology. Taking a day off from the cult is not being a good scientologist.

Sounds like she is finally enjoying life. Happy for her.

Yes, Daisy, I agree; she effectively contrasted what her daily life was like before leaving Co$ and after leaving Co$. :thumbsup:
But, my question had to do with her comment specifically quoted portion below. :)

The interview was held while Leah & Jarett/BuzzFeed were eating lunch.

"Before, I would be going to the Church right after this lunch,” she said.

^^^^That's why I asked whether or not this was what a celeb-scio is/was expected to do (i.e., go to the org to discuss what was said right after giving an interview).

I'm happy the MSM is (finally!) ramping-up its production of articles and interviews.
Vanity Fair's 'Where's Shelly?' and now BuzzFeed's interview w/Leah. What's next?!

Yep, 2014's off to a very good start, press-wise.

JB

Good twin

Floater
If you have free time to go to lunch you would only be able to not feel guilty by going to church and getting some auditing or working on a course you are enrolled on ( you can never be not currently enrolled on some course) or participating in volunteer activities that forward the purpose of the church.

This would be true for any in-ethics, on purpose flourishing and prospering Scientologist. Not just celebs. Anything else is enemy line, black PR and some type of PTS.

JB, my dear friend. Scientology is always worse than you think. :yes:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Leah Remini dumps Scientology - BuzzFeed Interview Feb 2014

After a scio-celebrity gives an interview, they're expected to go to an org for...what? A debriefing?

I suspect that the answer to your question here is: Yes, a debriefing of sorts. (in addition to what Good Twin said).

I could be wrong here, but I believe that there is CoS policy specifically forbidding Scientologists from meeting with the media (where you'd be discussing scientology and/or the Co$) unless you were trained in how to handle them, and you were expected to coordinate with OSA on this.

Scientologists are indoctrinated in such a way so as to distrust the media and reporters and participating in a media interview without the proper preparation and coordination with OSA could result in a huge PR flap.

Whether scientology celebs are handled in this way isn't something I'm sure of so maybe Sindy or others who worked directly with them could address that question.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If you have free time to go to lunch you would only be able to not feel guilty by going to church and getting some auditing or working on a course you are enrolled on ( you can never be not currently enrolled on some course) or participating in volunteer activities that forward the purpose of the church.

This would be true for any in-ethics, on purpose flourishing and prospering Scientologist. Not just celebs. Anything else is enemy line, black PR and some type of PTS.

JB, my dear friend. Scientology is always worse than you think. :yes:

Yes, you have described it well.

That is the lot of Scientologists. Running through an endless gauntlet of while maintaining a grin and taking responsibility for--everything.

No matter what you do in the cult, it is never enough. Never.

You can (and should) always be donating more, training more, going up the bridge more. . .

Taking responsibility for yourself more, your dynamics more. . .

Contributing to your org more, to your city more, to your region more, to your continent more. . .

Helping Scientology worldwide to expand more. . .

Helping Scientologists that are handling you to feel happy about you so you can feel happy about yourself.

What's that you say, you've donated a million dollars and gone OT VIII? We appreciate that, dear, but don't you see that the planet is not Clear yet? You mustn't rest dear until we have helped Ron achieve his dream of a Clear Planet. Now get right back to work dear and you should really be much more pan determined from now on, let's pick it up before it's too late!

What's that you say, you've gotten out a million Way To Happiness? But my dear, there are still wars and drugs and criminals everywhere, why are you taking a break to tell me this when you could be building Ideal Orgs in the war torn Middle East?

Oh, you're back again and you've raised $ 50,000,000 to build new Ideal Orgs? That's nice dear, but I notice you have really let us down at the IAS because you haven't moved up from your Patron Status in over a year. You really should be making that go right, so we know that you don't have counter
intention.

I see you donated another $100,000 to the IAS this morning, that's good, but we think you need to think bigger and raise your status up the the half-million dollar level. Where can you get that money this afternoon?

No matter what you do in Scientology it will never be enough. Never.

Even if you somehow, miraculously Cleared all 7 billion people on the Planet, you'd be ordered to a mandatory briefing and "r-factored" that unless you made it go right to quickly "salvage this sector," everyone would lose their eternity anyways.

Scientology: It's the only game in the universe where everyone is given impossible goals and loses, except the madman atop the command channel who grins, counts money and gives speeches about how easy it all is to do.

End of rant: :hattip:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
JB, I think Mike Rinder and or Amy Scobee would be able to give you the policy and what was actually practiced in this area. But was is said I would say is correct. I will speculate based on only brief snippets that I can recall, that Celebrities are 1) trained how to deal with the media Maybe by OSA or maybe as a special course at CCINT :unsure: 2) if not a pre-scheduled interview or a couple of questions then the celeb would fall back on that training. 3) if a pre-scheduled interview a PRE-briefing would be wanted by OSA PR, and 4) a post interview (debrief) would occur after the interview

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm only 6 paragraphs into thisBuzz Feed article and it is great! Maybe even deserving of a thread f it's own? This one is sooo long it might be overwhelming for newer readers and I see a lot to discuss! Plus, I want to keep this info on the front page! Really annoy our trolls :)
any agreement or objections?

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
I'm only 6 paragraphs into thisBuzz Feed article and it is great! Maybe even deserving of a thread f it's own? This one is sooo long it might be overwhelming for newer readers and I see a lot to discuss! Plus, I want to keep this info on the front page! Really annoy our trolls :)
any agreement or objections?
Go for it! Link to the new thread in this one. :thumbsup: