What's new

NXIVM: Lauren Salzman’s guilty plea included admitting to imprisoning a woman for 2 years

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

NXIVM: Lauren Salzman’s guilty plea included admitting to imprisoning a woman for 2 years

[Lauren Salzman and Keith Raniere]

Frank Parlato and the NY Post are reporting that when Nxivm defendant Lauren Salzman entered a guilty plea on March 25, she recited a chilling list of crimes, including keeping a Mexican woman as a slave for two years.

With jury selection slated to begin on Monday, the rapid approach of the [...]

Lauren_Salzman_Keith_Raniere.jpg
[Lauren[.......]

Continue reading...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Her statement includes:

Over the years, through my association with Nexium, I formed many relationships with members of this organization. Through these associations, I truly believed that I was helping to empower people to live their left lives.

"... to live their left lives." Is this simply bad English for "the remainder of their lives" or is there some other meaning I'm not aware of?

Paul

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
Her statement includes:

Over the years, through my association with Nexium, I formed many relationships with members of this organization. Through these associations, I truly believed that I was helping to empower people to live their left lives.

"... to live their left lives." Is this simply bad English for "the remainder of their lives" or is their some other meaning I'm not aware of?

Paul
Unless it's a liberals only cult then I would say bad English.

If confessing this in a courtroom, then she may have been struggling with how to express herself so it didn't sound so bad.

Being in a court room can cause people to express themselves in strange ways as they try to confess but remain innocent at the same time.

A sort of cognitive dissonance takes over where expression of guilt and innocence comes out in the same sentence.

Leland

Crusader
Her statement includes:

"... to live their left lives." Is this simply bad English for "the remainder of their lives" or is their some other meaning I'm not aware of?

Paul

I caught that too Paul. I chalked it up to some sort of "Cult Speak" (that had some hidden meaning) But it is clearly odd.

Another item that caught my attention was that the written confession states that the woman locked up in a room for 2 years....was that it was not called imprisoned...or entrapped...but rather "harbored." That seems clearly odd to me.

Additionally....also in the written statement / confession, the subject writes that she is aware that she did some things that were "wrong."

She doesn't say Criminal...or Illegal..but "wrong..."

Edited: all of these could be laying the groundwork for some sort of Appeal...?

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Her statement includes:

"... to live their left lives." Is this simply bad English for "the remainder of their lives" or is there some other meaning I'm not aware of?

Paul
Thanks for responses to my question. Today, I see to my horror that I typed "their" for "there". I've corrected it in the original, but it's been quoted -- twice! -- and will probably stay that way forever.

Oh the shame.

Paul

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Her statement includes:

Paul
That is from a transcript of verbal statements in the court.

My guess is she stuttered, and that's how the court transcriber put it down. Note also that the transcriber put down NXIVM as "Nexium"

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
From the transcript of her statements:
“On or about March 2010 through April 2012, I knowingly and intentionally harbored Jane Doe 4, a woman whose identity is known to me, in a room in the home in the Northern District of New York and threatened to deport Jane Doe 4 back to Mexico if she did not complete labor requested by myself and others.

So she wasn't technically keeping the woman as a slave, in the sense of threatening violence or death if the woman refused to obey, but rather making her harboring of the illegal alien conditional upon getting work from her.

freethinker

Sponsor
Thanks for responses to my question. Today, I see to my horror that I typed "their" for "there". I've corrected it in the original, but it's been quoted -- twice! -- and will probably stay that way forever.

Oh the shame.

Paul
I'll change it for, you how's that? can't have you having sleepless nights over their. :D

Oops, too late, my 24 hours are up.

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Oh the shame.

Paul
Bugger.

There goes what was perhaps my one and only chance of correcting Paul!

Oh well, of to the grave I go, another dream shattered. :(