NY Daily news: DM accused of snooping in secret celeb confessionals

anonkatie

Patron with Honors
Scientology leader David Miscavige accused of snooping in secret celeb confessional files

Rush & Molloy

TODAY IN RUSH & MOLLOY

The Church of Scientology is bringing down the hammer on a renegade member who alleges leader David Miscavige loves to gossip about his star parishioners.

Former high-ranking member Amy Scobee claims in her just-out book, "Scientology: Abuse at the Top," that Miscavige and other officials "snooped" in confidential confessional files - a charge vehemently denied by the church, whose believers include Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, John Travolta, Kelly Preston and Kirstie Alley.

Scobee writes that she was in the office of top exec Marc Yager when Miscavige called to brief him on "the latest" about "a female celebrity connected with Michael Jackson."

"Yager kept saying, 'No way, really? That's completely out of control!' ... [They were] giggling like little elementary school kids."

"According to a source, Scobee is referring to Jackson's former wife Lisa Marie Presley. In her book, she also alleges:

Miscavige "is known to pride himself on having memorized the sexual irregularities of practically every staff member" at one church facility - sometimes teasing them about their kinks in front of others.

Officials privately grilled church members who work for celeb Scientologists to check whether the celebs were "deviating" from "Scientology's moral code."

Miscavige once dressed his dog, Jellie, in an officer's uniform to make the point that Jellie could do a better job than staffers - who were required to salute the beagle.

Church execs panicked when a robber stole a briefcase containing sensitive information about a well-known church official who'd video­taped "himself having sex with several other men." A homeless man finally turned in the briefcase.

Church spokesman Tommy Davis brands all of Scobee's claims as "fiction." He insists Miscavige's purported dish session "never happened. Nobody in the church has ever violated the priest-penitent privilege. ... [Confessional files] are held in the strictest confidence."

Davis says the church is "preparing a lawsuit" against Scobee, based on the "disgusting allegations" in her self-published book.

Scobee was "expelled" after she admitted to "five affairs outside of wedlock" - a violation of her ecclesiastical vows - including one with "a penitent she was supposed to be ministering to," Davis claimed.

Scobee, who is still married to that "penitent," argues that Davis "didn't see what I saw. I wanted to leave. They tried to get me to stay. If confessionals are never violated, what's Tommy doing talking about my sex life? "

Scobee has already been put on notice by Cruise's lawyer, Bert Fields, for a "defamatory" claim that Miscavige's wife once told her the actor had a "drug history."

Davis adds that he's "fed up" with the airtime disgruntled defectors have been getting, especially in a recent Anderson Cooper investigation on CNN.

"[Our members] are going to Haiti, spending millions to charter planes to fly in supplies and doctors and nurses," says Davis. "All the while Anderson Cooper is in his designer T-shirts, just standing around, while we're helping people for real."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2..._in_secret_celeb_confessio.html#ixzz0mmu2z8Cf

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology leader David Miscavige accused of snooping in secret celeb confessional files

Rush & Molloy

TODAY IN RUSH & MOLLOY

The Church of Scientology is bringing down the hammer on a renegade member who alleges leader David Miscavige loves to gossip about his star parishioners.

Former high-ranking member Amy Scobee claims in her just-out book, "Scientology: Abuse at the Top," that Miscavige and other officials "snooped" in confidential confessional files - a charge vehemently denied by the church, whose believers include Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, John Travolta, Kelly Preston and Kirstie Alley.

Scobee writes that she was in the office of top exec Marc Yager when Miscavige called to brief him on "the latest" about "a female celebrity connected with Michael Jackson."

"Yager kept saying, 'No way, really? That's completely out of control!' ... [They were] giggling like little elementary school kids."

"According to a source, Scobee is referring to Jackson's former wife Lisa Marie Presley. In her book, she also alleges:

Miscavige "is known to pride himself on having memorized the sexual irregularities of practically every staff member" at one church facility - sometimes teasing them about their kinks in front of others.

Officials privately grilled church members who work for celeb Scientologists to check whether the celebs were "deviating" from "Scientology's moral code."

Miscavige once dressed his dog, Jellie, in an officer's uniform to make the point that Jellie could do a better job than staffers - who were required to salute the beagle.

Church execs panicked when a robber stole a briefcase containing sensitive information about a well-known church official who'd video­taped "himself having sex with several other men." A homeless man finally turned in the briefcase.

Church spokesman Tommy Davis brands all of Scobee's claims as "fiction." He insists Miscavige's purported dish session "never happened. Nobody in the church has ever violated the priest-penitent privilege. ... [Confessional files] are held in the strictest confidence."

Davis says the church is "preparing a lawsuit" against Scobee, based on the "disgusting allegations" in her self-published book.

Scobee was "expelled" after she admitted to "five affairs outside of wedlock" - a violation of her ecclesiastical vows - including one with "a penitent she was supposed to be ministering to," Davis claimed.

Scobee, who is still married to that "penitent," argues that Davis "didn't see what I saw. I wanted to leave. They tried to get me to stay. If confessionals are never violated, what's Tommy doing talking about my sex life? "

Scobee has already been put on notice by Cruise's lawyer, Bert Fields, for a "defamatory" claim that Miscavige's wife once told her the actor had a "drug history."

Davis adds that he's "fed up" with the airtime disgruntled defectors have been getting, especially in a recent Anderson Cooper investigation on CNN.

"[Our members] are going to Haiti, spending millions to charter planes to fly in supplies and doctors and nurses," says Davis. "All the while Anderson Cooper is in his designer T-shirts, just standing around, while we're helping people for real."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2..._in_secret_celeb_confessio.html#ixzz0mmu2z8Cf

Exactly!

AnonKat

Crusader
2a6s5lw.jpg

Ulf K. Maier

Patron Meritorious
Just another win

I'd bet the farm that there is an ARCX team at Lisa Marie's place right now. That is, if she let them in at all...

Major, major footbullet dm (*) :thumbsup: Not even your assassination victim L. Ron Hubbard could have come up with a "PR handling" for Tommy Davis to do in this case. Flat denials?? "I don't recall that, Senator... "??

Now even JT, TC and AA will be wondering if you've been spending your time reading their Confidential. Priest/Penitent, Confessional, Privileged files. You will never be able to reg another celebrity for auditing again. Pandora's box has been opened.

Next to be opened... guess, dm (*)

The list of your charges at indictment is going to run longer than Captain Lincoln F. Sternn's...

Who's gonna be YOUR Hanover Fiste, little tough guy?

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Confessional secrets

If the scio population at large hears about the execs giggling over the various sexual oddities of parishoners revealed in session, well, it's very bad news.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I love the way that the Church wouldn't ever do such a thing as breaking priest penitent confidentiality, and then Tommy talks about her extra marital affairs, priceless.

There's a new hole in Tommies shoe!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is the best come-back ever:

My god.

They should have never fucked with Amy Scobee.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
The wins are coming thick and fast. Tommy is functioning well as DM's Denial Robot.

It's not true.
It's not true.
It's not true.
It's not true.
It's not true.
It's not true.
It's not true.

There. It's handled now. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

Stupid cult.

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
The "church" is stuck on TR 1 with only this to say "They are liars. We did nothing of the kind." Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Now that I'm out I really see how out of touch Scilons really are. No wonder they don't like the media. The more Scn talk to them the stupider they look.

I wish Amy all the luck with her book.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
If the scio population at large hears about the execs giggling over the various sexual oddities of parishoners revealed in session, well, it's very bad news.

Bad for whom? Scientology operatives have been doing far worse than giggling at people's 'confidential files' since Hubbard. That Scientologists find out about it is a *good* thing.

Zinj

PeterMan

Patron with Honors
Execs Giggling

Being an exec at a Class V, the ED was so bad about talking shit behind OT's backs and giggling about it that she eventually got caught by one said OT - then the ED informed staff not to stop talking shit about the public, but to be more careful about it.

As staff we knew who was an alcoholic, who indulged in sex a lot, etc.

Fact: Before I left, DM had ordered all auditing folders be sent up to management "to be checked for proper programming." Yeah right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI

Good to see Scobee's book getting such good promotion all around the world. The revelations about confessional material being used could have a huge impact on those still in. It is suspected by a lot of PCs, becuase they get asked to go to little interviews with tyhe Ethics officer, staffers hear things about people on lines - things which come from ethics files. SO missionaires, reges, gossip. A lot of people are uneasy but try to "not is" it. Scobee will make people "is" it so much it will skake them up and force to to admit that their trust about confessional stuff is a total sham, and that their own secrets may be used against them.
As for the celebs...what would you do if you were a celeb.
Who would be so stupid as to just deny it. Celebs can't afford to do that. Confidence down the gurgler and the COS with it.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Picked up by Gawker

This has been picked up by Gawker.

Excerpt from: Scientology, Accused of Snooping on Celebs, Lashes Out at Anderson Cooper:
Cult leaders are worried about defector Amy Scobee's new book, out later this month, which alleges that church leaders snoop in celebrity files for fun. Responding, in the Daily News, spokesman Tommy Davis also spared some ire for Anderson Cooper.

The story, in the Rush and Molloy gossip column, alleges that the 'church' leader David Miscavige (pictured here and always referred to by members, somewhat creepily as 'Mr David Miscavige') snooped through files of dirt he keeps on celebrities. Apparently he giggled like a kid at the revelations in Lisa Marie Presley's dossier.

Scobee, via Rush and Molloy, also claims that:

* Miscavige prides himself on having memorized "the sexual irregularities of practically every staff member" at one facility.
* He also once dressed his dog, Jellie, in an officer's uniform because he felt that the beagle could do a better job than his staff. They had to salute the dog.
* Officials question Scientologist staff members who work for celebrities to check they are not deviating from the cult's moral code.​
For more read: Scientology, Accused of Snooping on Celebs, Lashes Out at Anderson Cooper

/

Last edited:

NeverMe

Patron

I lurk moar than comment but I couldn't let this one slide.

The above comment by Tommy Davis just kills me! No "church" I've ever heard of keeps confessional files on its members. By keeping a physical record of information, this means that said files will be looked at by somebody other than the confessor! And to what gain? Well, we already know enough about how scientology works to know the answer to this. BLACKMAIL!!!!

I've never met the guy nor will I probably ever meet him but Tommy Davis has got to be the saddest individual I've ever read about or listened to in my life. Even if he left scientology right this minute, where on earth would he go? As the mouth piece for scientology and the teller of great lies, he has made many enemies of BOTH active and ex members. It would be hard to believe that he has any friends, inside or out.

My question is this - would anybody help him get out if he wanted out? Would he be forgiven for the part he's played as DM's puppet? Even if he approached someone for help, wouldn't the smart move be to "handle" him as one would a pit viper? In the videos I've watched he truly seems like he's enjoying being an ass too much... or maybe it's just me...:confused2: Or he's a great actor. His arrogance, his outrage, the sneering, the mocking, the LIES! He was born into scientology so it's all he's ever know, right? He seems to be full of hate. Maybe my observations seem harsh but my gut says he's bad news.

On the other hand, I wonder if Tommy lies in bed at night wondering "This has gotten so out of control. What am doing? I wish I'd never gotten involved! I'm sure everybody HATES me!" OR has his mind become so twisted, so brainwashed that he really doesn't see how crazy it all really is, how seriously messed up he sounds each time he's interviewed, willingly or unwillingly.

So, I wonder, would anybody help him if he wanted out? I wonder...... Well, even with the harsh things I said about him, I wouldn't want him to be another lost soul. I do hope he's not truly evil though I know evil exists. Speaking of evil, DM is a whole nother story, my friends...:omg:

anonkatie

Patron with Honors
Perhaps he knows more than many others what this organization is capable of, Never Me.

Just who is the "church official" who videotaped himself having sex with different men? In another article description of this person, he was called a "spokesman".

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Radar Online

This has now reached Radar Online.

Excerpt from: BOOK: Scientology Leader Gossips About Secret Celebrity "Confessional Files":
The controversial new book, Scientology: Abuse at the Top, is claiming that leader David Miscavige regularly gossips about his celebrity followers, sharing sensitive information from their supposedly confidential confessional files.

REPORT: Celebs Keep Scientology Afloat While Defections Grow

Miscavige, Tom Cruise's best friend and best man at his wedding to Katie Holmes, is strongly denying the claims made by author Amy Scobee.

New Scientology Book Reveals Tom Cruise's Relationship With Controversial Church

But the author isn't backing down. She writes that she was personally in the office of another top church executive when he received a call from Miscavige.

PHOTOS: Tom Cruise & Family In Spain

The two men giggled "like little elementary school kids," she said, as they gossiped about a "female celebrity connected with Michael Jackson." That female would be Lisa Marie Presley, sources believe.
For more, read BOOK: Scientology Leader Gossips About Secret Celebrity "Confessional Files".

Last edited: