What's new

NY Daily news: DM accused of snooping in secret celeb confessionals

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Re church use of member files

This from the SP Times article of June 20, 2009 in article "Scientology response to church defectors: 'Total lies'"

"The church prepared binders of indexed material that included confessions the defectors wrote during their time in Scientology.

A key tenet of Scientology is that an individual who admits and takes responsibility for his bad thoughts and acts feels unburdened and joyful. Church members write confessions, which go into "ethics files'' that are supposed to remain secret. But to rebut the defectors' allegations about David Miscavige, church officials took the extraordinary step of releasing excerpts from the files. In them, the defectors admit transgressions and praise the leader. The church says the files undercut the credibility of those attacking Miscavige. The defectors say the "confessions" are given under pressure, and writing them is the only way to survive inside Scientology."

When I read this article last year it cemented my conviction that I had done the right thing by leaving. I have never looked back from that point.

Div6

Crusader
Church spokesman Tommy Davis brands all of Scobee's claims as "fiction." He insists Miscavige's purported dish session "never happened. Nobody in the church has ever violated the priest-penitent privilege. ... [Confessional files] are held in the strictest confidence."

I lurk moar than comment but I couldn't let this one slide.

The above comment by Tommy Davis just kills me! No "church" I've ever heard of keeps confessional files on its members. By keeping a physical record of information, this means that said files will be looked at by somebody other than the confessor! And to what gain? Well, we already know enough about how scientology works to know the answer to this. BLACKMAIL!!!!

I've never met the guy nor will I probably ever meet him but Tommy Davis has got to be the saddest individual I've ever read about or listened to in my life. Even if he left scientology right this minute, where on earth would he go? As the mouth piece for scientology and the teller of great lies, he has made many enemies of BOTH active and ex members. It would be hard to believe that he has any friends, inside or out.

My question is this - would anybody help him get out if he wanted out? Would he be forgiven for the part he's played as DM's puppet? Even if he approached someone for help, wouldn't the smart move be to "handle" him as one would a pit viper? In the videos I've watched he truly seems like he's enjoying being an ass too much... or maybe it's just me...:confused2: Or he's a great actor. His arrogance, his outrage, the sneering, the mocking, the LIES! He was born into scientology so it's all he's ever know, right? He seems to be full of hate. Maybe my observations seem harsh but my gut says he's bad news.

On the other hand, I wonder if Tommy lies in bed at night wondering "This has gotten so out of control. What am doing? I wish I'd never gotten involved! I'm sure everybody HATES me!" OR has his mind become so twisted, so brainwashed that he really doesn't see how crazy it all really is, how seriously messed up he sounds each time he's interviewed, willingly or unwillingly.

So, I wonder, would anybody help him if he wanted out? I wonder...... Well, even with the harsh things I said about him, I wouldn't want him to be another lost soul. I do hope he's not truly evil though I know evil exists. Speaking of evil, DM is a whole nother story, my friends...:omg:

I'd give him a place he could decompress until he got his head together...then, if he wanted to clean up his act and start making up the damage, I would open as many doors as I could. If he wanted to just crawl under a rock and die, well, I could live with that too....

And I <3 Amy Scobee.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love the way that the Church wouldn't ever do such a thing as breaking priest penitent confidentiality, and then Tommy talks about her extra marital affairs, priceless.

There's a new hole in Tommies shoe!

I'm not sure Tommy has feet anymore. As many foot bullets as he's given himself of late.

smartone

My Own Boss
Perhaps he knows more than many others what this organization is capable of, Never Me.

Just who is the "church official" who videotaped himself having sex with different men? In another article description of this person, he was called a "spokesman".

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Davey boy himself. Yuk! He would really need his uplift shoes then wouldn't he. I can just picture him in his shoes and sox ... er well .... I don't like where this is going.... yuk..

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
San Francisco Examiner

San Francisco Examiner - Scientology book claims to reveal celebrity member's private details

Excerpt:
A new book entitled 'Scientology: Abuse At The Top' has claimed that the leader David Miscavige is revealing intimate and private details on some of its most elite members. Author and former Scientologist Amy Scobee has revealed in this tell all book on what really goes on behind the doors of the Scientology church, has claimed that she has first hand information that the trusted leader David Miscavige is nothing but a huge gossip when it comes to the details and personal information of some of its most high profile members.
Excerpt:
The author Amy Scobee has refused to back down from her allegations and according to Radaroline writes that she has personally witnessed while in the office of David Miscavige, take a phone call in her presence from another top church executive. During this phone conversation Scobee revealed that the two men found great amusement as they dished the dirt on a female celebrity who was closely connected with Michael Jackson. Scobee states that she believed the celebrity to have been the daughter of Elvis Presley, Lisa Marie Presley.

Church spokesman Tommy Davis brands all of Scobee's claims as "fiction." He insists Miscavige's purported dish session "never happened. Nobody in the church has ever violated the priest-penitent privilege. ... [Confessional files] are held in the strictest confidence."

I lurk moar than comment but I couldn't let this one slide.

The above comment by Tommy Davis just kills me! No "church" I've ever heard of keeps confessional files on its members. By keeping a physical record of information, this means that said files will be looked at by somebody other than the confessor! And to what gain? Well, we already know enough about how scientology works to know the answer to this. BLACKMAIL!!!!

I've never met the guy nor will I probably ever meet him but Tommy Davis has got to be the saddest individual I've ever read about or listened to in my life. Even if he left scientology right this minute, where on earth would he go? As the mouth piece for scientology and the teller of great lies, he has made many enemies of BOTH active and ex members. It would be hard to believe that he has any friends, inside or out.

My question is this - would anybody help him get out if he wanted out? Would he be forgiven for the part he's played as DM's puppet? Even if he approached someone for help, wouldn't the smart move be to "handle" him as one would a pit viper? In the videos I've watched he truly seems like he's enjoying being an ass too much... or maybe it's just me...:confused2: Or he's a great actor. His arrogance, his outrage, the sneering, the mocking, the LIES! He was born into scientology so it's all he's ever know, right? He seems to be full of hate. Maybe my observations seem harsh but my gut says he's bad news.

On the other hand, I wonder if Tommy lies in bed at night wondering "This has gotten so out of control. What am doing? I wish I'd never gotten involved! I'm sure everybody HATES me!" OR has his mind become so twisted, so brainwashed that he really doesn't see how crazy it all really is, how seriously messed up he sounds each time he's interviewed, willingly or unwillingly.

So, I wonder, would anybody help him if he wanted out? I wonder...... Well, even with the harsh things I said about him, I wouldn't want him to be another lost soul. I do hope he's not truly evil though I know evil exists. Speaking of evil, DM is a whole nother story, my friends...:omg:

I asked Tory Christman (torymagoo44) about Tommy once. I was curious as to how he is treated by Scientology since his mother is a famous actress & his father was pretty bit in the real estate world. I mean he worked in the Sea Org for some time when he was younger & that's where the worst crimes occur so I figured he must've seen what went on..but on the other hand DM couldn't afford Tommy going to his celebrity mom & telling her about those things. Tory said she suspects that he does know what goes on, but that they handle him pretty well. She said it's possible DM promised to pay him off after he's done as spokesman & the promise of that money might be keeping him motivated to deny the things he saw, but her feeling is that he's just handled without money because he's easy to manipulate.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
And da winnah by 50 lengths is...

Scobee, who is still married to that "penitent," argues that Davis "didn't see what I saw. I wanted to leave. They tried to get me to stay. If confessionals are never violated, what's Tommy doing talking about my sex life? "

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tommy said...

"[Our members] are going to Haiti, spending millions to charter planes to fly in supplies and doctors and nurses," says Davis. "All the while Anderson Cooper is in his designer T-shirts, just standing around, while we're helping people for real."

Millions eh?

So who exactly is spending millions?

The members eh?

Hey no shirt off of your back Tommy.

And after all since members are paying millions to do all these things that means the Kha Khans for DM and you and the other cohorts have now attained the status of Immortality.

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
This from the SP Times article of June 20, 2009 in article "Scientology response to church defectors: 'Total lies'"

"The church prepared binders of indexed material that included confessions the defectors wrote during their time in Scientology.

A key tenet of Scientology is that an individual who admits and takes responsibility for his bad thoughts and acts feels unburdened and joyful. Church members write confessions, which go into "ethics files'' that are supposed to remain secret. But to rebut the defectors' allegations about David Miscavige, church officials took the extraordinary step of releasing excerpts from the files. In them, the defectors admit transgressions and praise the leader. The church says the files undercut the credibility of those attacking Miscavige. The defectors say the "confessions" are given under pressure, and writing them is the only way to survive inside Scientology."

When I read this article last year it cemented my conviction that I had done the right thing by leaving. I have never looked back from that point.

This is rich.

So the defectors are accused of doing the bad actions.

But of course they did the bad actions. they confessed to them themselves. We have proof right here in the files.

Now sign zee papers old man!

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the lastest episode of TomKat

Kaytie: Tom is this true? You mean to tell me that you have gone into detail about our relationship with your auditors and they wrote down everything. And they have it in writing about the time that we... we... we...

Tom: No Kaytie! It's not what you think. I didn't tell them all the livid and colorful details, you know know about how you... you... you know...

Kaytie: What about that command "Is that all of that withhold?"

Tom: Well I got the needle to suppress a read on that one.

Kaytie: Oh but you did tell them about something?

Tom: No! No! That didn't come out right. Honest I would never tell anyone about that time that I,... you and me... you know... how we...

Kaytie: Well what would you tell them about?

Tom: You know you are looking sexy right now Kaytie.

Kaytie: I am? Well there Mr Couch Jumper. How about if you and I give them something to put in that file of yours... (wink) (wink)

Tom: Talk dirty to me baby!!

Kaytie: Lick my.. my.. heels!!

Tom: YES YES YES!!

(censored)

Rd00

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
There's something to the phrase... 'Never air ya dirty laundry' my mum always said this... and now I know why..:coolwink:

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
"Church spokesman Tommy Davis brands all of Scobee's claims as "fiction." He insists Miscavige's purported dish session "never happened. Nobody in the church has ever violated the priest-penitent privilege. ... [Confessional files] are held in the strictest confidence."

...........that is only until such time that our staff has to read through each & every file to find those parts where our Great Leader is being praised. But all those juicy details, embarrassing tidbits in between? Sheeet, we don't pay attention to any of THAT. :no:

Any by the way Amy?? LOVE LOVE LOVE the book! It's a page turner for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: