What's new

O/W write ups - good for the soul?

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good Witholds

I kept ending up with "bad cognitions", which I withheld. For example:
- A computer + pressure sensors in the cans could set the sensitivity dead on with one or two can squeezes.
- A computer could identify an F/N, and any other meter phenomena.
- A computer could transcribe the whole session.
- A computer could identify other good & bad indicators.
- It's better to get 2 good definitions out of a dictionary that has 20, than it is to get 2 crummy definitions out of an dictionary that only has 2, but getting the crummy definitions is in-tech.
- The student is often not capable of guessing the correct definition of a word in a given context. Other people, smarter people, have cleared the same word. The Class XII's would have a judgement about it. A database should be maintained of this stuff.

These were all squirrel ideas, unless RTC did it. I had to withhold.

But, yeah, O/W write-ups were often helpful for me, until I got to the point where anything I did turned into an overt.

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
- A computer + pressure sensors in the cans could set the sensitivity dead on with one or two can squeezes.
- It's better to get 2 good definitions out of a dictionary that has 20, than it is to get 2 crummy definitions out of an dictionary that only has 2, but getting the crummy definitions is in-tech.
- The student is often not capable of guessing the correct definition of a word in a given context. Other people, smarter people, have cleared the same word. The Class XII's would have a judgement about it. A database should be maintained of this stuff.

These were all squirrel ideas, unless RTC did it. I had to withhold.

But, yeah, O/W write-ups were often helpful for me, until I got to the point where anything I did turned into an overt.

Mega, wow!

All great ideas. There's no reason a meter couldn't print a hard copy tape of the needle movement, with questions marked. That way there is no doubt, no ambiguity.

Of course it all could be done digitally, the PC folder could be digitized and C/Sing could be off-shored to India (kidding.)

There is something basically very analog about scn. Imagine having a contest between COS and corporate American on who could turn out the best auditors the fastest. The "private sector" academy could "squirrel" the training component, but not the auditing itself. I have no doubt COS would get smoked.

Speaking of O/W write-ups, I wonder if they're all scanned, OCRed and cross indexed by name. Very scary to imagine.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
OW writeups can release emotional strands tying us to other beings. But they do not result in real spiritual understanding and truth. They simply make one more comfortable within the game. It would be like being on a carousel, spinning around, and shifting weight so the seat was more comfortable. One is still on the carousel. To get off takes understanding more of one's true nature.
That nature includes the fact that one is never wrong. No one in this universe has ever done one wrong thing. Ever.
This is demonstrable in fact, but is quite a pill to swallow until one feels it for oneself. It is there to happen, when you want it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But a pc doesn't usually squeeze the cans the same each time. (I'm not commenting in detail here on how silly these are as an indication of how to set the sensitivity.)

Actually, not. I've discussed this with people who are both trained experienced auditors and electronics people. F/Ns would be especially tricky to identify. Falls and rises would be easy. :). Although how do you correlate these as instant reads? You can correlate the start of a read with the end of a spoken word relatively easily, but that isn't the same as a major thought and an instant read. Sometimes, yes, but not always.

Assuming the voice recognition tech was good enough (have you ever tried it with normal speech?), it would be useless. "Stenographic auditing" is the reference. You don't want every word the pc says on the worksheets!

Some, yes.

I'm all in favour of automated auditing. Obviously, as I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours refining it and putting such online (see www.paulsrobot.com). But I don't think metering would be part of that in the forseeable future, and the best judge of the pc indicators is the pc, and one can easily work with the pc's input.

Yes, some word-clearing tech is crazy (and I did the Pro W/C course and Internship and worked as a word-clearer for a while). Probably the worst bit is the idea that one has to clear all definitions of a word in addition to the one in the context one is studying. That can be such a time-waster, even if one is using the simplest possible dictionary for that word that one can get away with.

There really isn't a whole lot of difference between the other 13 definitions of the word one is clearing and all the definitions of any other word of similar frequency of appearance in the language. There is some difference, as sometimes other definitions of the word tie into the definition one is clearing, but a lot of time is wasted.

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor
But a pc doesn't usually squeeze the cans the same each time. (I'm not commenting in detail here on how silly these are as an indication of how to set the sensitivity.)

Actually, not. I've discussed this with people who are both trained experienced auditors and electronics people. F/Ns would be especially tricky to identify. Falls and rises would be easy. :). Although how do you correlate these as instant reads? You can correlate the start of a read with the end of a spoken word relatively easily, but that isn't the same as a major thought and an instant read. Sometimes, yes, but not always.

Assuming the voice recognition tech was good enough (have you ever tried it with normal speech?), it would be useless. "Stenographic auditing" is the reference. You don't want every word the pc says on the worksheets!

Some, yes.

I'm all in favour of automated auditing. Obviously, as I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours refining it and putting such online (see www.paulsrobot.com). But I don't think metering would be part of that in the forseeable future, and the best judge of the pc indicators is the pc, and one can easily work with the pc's input.

Yes, some word-clearing tech is crazy (and I did the Pro W/C course and Internship and worked as a word-clearer for a while). Probably the worst bit is the idea that one has to clear all definitions of a word in addition to the one in the context one is studying. That can be such a time-waster, even if one is using the simplest possible dictionary for that word that one can get away with.

There really isn't a whole lot of difference between the other 13 definitions of the word one is clearing and all the definitions of any other word of similar frequency of appearance in the language. There is some difference, as sometimes other definitions of the word tie into the definition one is clearing, but a lot of time is wasted.

Paul

I tended to use several sizes of dictionaries, and also technically squirrelled by being somewhat selective on which defs at times.

Word clearing is probably the only area I've been good as a product officer. :)

My excuse is that I never did a course on word clearing. :)

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
End to Endless O/W writeups Rundown

I think Alan said it best. My two cents is that I've done soooooo many o/w writeup's that it's hard to recall the initial feeling of good or relief from the first few writeups. Taking a look at the nasty things we've done is all part of taking responsibility for one's actions--that's great. Spending days spinning in on minor infractions reduces an individual's reach--that's very bad. Doing the write-ups also sets one up in the cult indoctrination mindset--now they know our secrets. When overrun, it emphasizes how flawed we are. Good auditing usually emphasizes how capable we are. I think the write ups set the groundwork for the current focus on how bad all staff are and how they all need to get their ethics in. It's a viciousness that I rarely see outside of the church. The confessional process has become punitive. It's an easy fix if you're not too bright and really don't know what to do. Get their ethics in!

As irritated as I am about doing the writeups, I'd have to say that doing the writeups was good for an initial action. I really wish they'd been balanced with a "what have you done right." action.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As irritated as I am about doing the writeups, I'd have to say that doing the writeups was good for an initial action. I really wish they'd been balanced with a "what have you done right." action.

Yes. Maybe some dedicated FZer can explain how confessional-type processes are not "out-of-ARC" processes and therefore illegal for that reason alone.

Don't get me wrong. I know that confessional auditing can be beneficial to the pc case-wise, irrespective of whatever administrative group goal is served. And I got wins out of O/W write-ups too, at least I did before the overkill and the famous last words of "Be honest. It's just to clear the air so we can all make a fresh start. There won't be any ethics actions taken as a result of what you write down." Hah!

Paul

JustanotherEX

Patron with Honors
This may be a little off topic, but.

Hello Emma!

I have an "exercise" for you to try if you are game.

Designate yourself as your own supreme authority on your actions. (And you are.)

Confess your overts and withholds to yourself.

Direct positive actions at the persons places or things involved. You needn't tell anyone what you are doing. If those persons, places, things are not available, select a similar.

Continue this until you have satisfied yourself that you have put far more positive energy into it than the initial negativity. You should know when that point is reached. It's a good feeling.

As an added benefit, you may see some positive cycles from the objects of attention.

Think of it as a sort of spiritual object assist.

Please let me know if that works as well for you as it does for me.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
My O/W's:

1. I am posting like a madman on the Scientology message boards.:buzzin:
2. I have thought bad thoughts about L Ron BLUBBARD, El TUBBO, Ronnie Hubbturd:screwy: Lafatso Ron Hubtoad!
3. I have thought bad thoughts about David McMidget, Miscariage, Mismanagement:nazi:
4. I have successfully disseminated 9 people out of Scientology in the past few months. :happydance:
5. I have gotten and read every piece of confidential material on the internet about the OT levels and Clear. I have laughed and laughed and laughed. :roflmao:
6. I have intentionally spun various people still in as to my involvement with the Church of Scamonology. I like my dynamics and I will protect them. :clap::buzzin:
7. I have not donated one red cent to anything in the Co$ for 3 years prior to getting out! :blush:
8. I read Debbie Cook's e-mail and sent it to hundreds of people I know. Scilions and non-Scilions!:yes:
9. I bought Janet Reitman's book 'Inside Scientology' and read it three times. Then I gave it to a good friend interested in Scientology!
10. I burned every book, dvd, lectures, EVERYTHING written by LaFATSO Ronnie Blubbard! I sold my e-meter to freezone/independant! :hattip:
11. I sent $1,000 to Debbie Cook's legal fund!:cloud9:
12. I protested an Org donning the Anonymous mask! :guyfawkes:
13. I announced to all of my family and friends that I am out of the evil Cult and read them their crimes listed on the internet! :biggrin:
14. I am safepointing the area around the Idle Morgue's with Janet Reitman's book 'Inside Scientology'. :omg: Handing it out on the street corner, going door to door, everyone will receive a copy!
15. I blew up the lovely photo of BLUBBard (yellow long hair, fat and disheveled looking at his desk doing OT 17) I am putting his photo on billboard's surrounding each Idle Morge stating "Scientology is clearing something....perhaps their buildings?"

Who missed it? :whocares:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
My O/W's:

1. I am posting like a madman on the Scientology message boards.:buzzin:
2. I have thought bad thoughts about L Ron BLUBBARD, El TUBBO, Ronnie Hubbturd:screwy: Lafatso Ron Hubtoad!
3. I have thought bad thoughts about David McMidget, Miscariage, Mismanagement:nazi:
4. I have successfully disseminated 9 people out of Scientology in the past few months. :happydance:
5. I have gotten and read every piece of confidential material on the internet about the OT levels and Clear. I have laughed and laughed and laughed. :roflmao:
6. I have intentionally spun various people still in as to my involvement with the Church of Scamonology. I like my dynamics and I will protect them. :clap::buzzin:
7. I have not donated one red cent to anything in the Co$ for 3 years prior to getting out! :blush:
8. I read Debbie Cook's e-mail and sent it to hundreds of people I know. Scilions and non-Scilions!:yes:
9. I bought Janet Reitman's book 'Inside Scientology' and read it three times. Then I gave it to a good friend interested in Scientology!
10. I burned every book, dvd, lectures, EVERYTHING written by LaFATSO Ronnie Blubbard! I sold my e-meter to freezone/independant! :hattip:
11. I sent $1,000 to Debbie Cook's legal fund!:cloud9:
12. I protested an Org donning the Anonymous mask! :guyfawkes:
13. I announced to all of my family and friends that I am out of the evil Cult and read them their crimes listed on the internet! :biggrin:
14. I am safepointing the area around the Idle Morgue's with Janet Reitman's book 'Inside Scientology'. :omg: Handing it out on the street corner, going door to door, everyone will receive a copy!
15. I blew up the lovely photo of BLUBBard (yellow long hair, fat and disheveled looking at his desk doing OT 17) I am putting his photo on billboard's surrounding each Idle Morge stating "Scientology is clearing something....perhaps their buildings?"

Who missed it? :whocares:

Congratulations! Your stats are up!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: