What's new

Obama White House honors Scientology spymaster

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Second item on Tony Ortega's blog today.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/16/vi...ed-as-scientology-spy-in-live-public-hearing/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

In more Scientology and politics news, the church’s national affairs office in Washington DC is crowing
Code:
https://scientologynewsroom.newswire.com/news/l-a-interfaith-clergy-coalition-honored-at-white-house-14618846
that the Obama White House honored notorious Scientology executive Janet Weiland at a ceremony recognizing the efforts of the Los Angeles County Interfaith Clergy Coalition, of which Weiland is a member.

The Coalition was given recognition by the White House’s Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, which is what President Obama renamed an office that had been created by President George W. Bush, the Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

[SNIP]

Just recently, we wrote about how Weiland went to a transitional home in Los Angeles to try and get Fred Haseney’s protesting activities shut down. But we also can never forget Weiland from her involvement in the story of Tory Christman, which we wrote some 15 years ago.

[SNIP]

Thanks, Obama.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Coalition was given recognition by the White House’s Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, which is what President Obama renamed an office that had been created by President George W. Bush, the Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

Thank George W. Bush. He created this church-mixed-with-state office in the first place. Christians have continuously injected themselves into government in any way they could. But what they don't get is that OTHER religions and cults will use the opened door for their own purposes. You open the door to let in the dog and in come the fleas.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank George W. Bush. He created this church-mixed-with-state office in the first place. Christians have continuously injected themselves into government in any way they could. But what they don't get is that OTHER religions and cults will use the opened door for their own purposes. You open the door to let in the dog and in come the fleas.
In this case Obama should have closed the door, instead he opened it wider:

Obama declared: “I still believe it’s a good idea to have a partnership between the White House and grass-roots groups, both faith-based and secular. But it has to be a real partnership — not a photo op. That’s what it will be when I’m president. I’ll establish a new Council for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.”

“The new name will reflect a new commitment,” he continued. “This Council will not just be another name on the White House organization chart — it will be a critical part of my administration.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2008/07/obama-to-rename-bushs-faith-office-011462#ixzz4KXUBfmOh

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Has the US government gone Bipolar? The 1st Amendment, incorrectly in my opinion, is being used to deny any oversight of groups calling themselves 'religions' allowing them to run rampant over the civil rights of non-religious entities AND yet allows them to contribute to the legislation arm of the government which is supposed to make the laws for everyone.

This is so uhmmm condoning facism. The religious groups are now making the laws? Same as it has ever been I guess. Does Trump also consult an Oracle of the godless? (NOte: this is not really a political statement but rather a focus on government and laws for all citizens-except those who are atheists and agnostic and other practical people who live in the real world not just an imaginary world.)

Obama declared: “I still believe it’s a good idea to have a partnership between the White House and grass-roots groups, both faith-based and secular. But it has to be a real partnership — not a photo op. That’s what it will be when I’m president. I’ll establish a new Council for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships