Odd/Unusual Things You Have Attested To

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Somewhere in some HCOB somewhere (maybe a C/S knows ... bea? :D ) there is an advice or direction from Hubbard which states that when a person has a significant win or new perceived beingness, that you have to go and let the PC/Pre-OT attest to that before you can continue auditing him. It isn't about a grade chart action. It's about the necessity of acknowledging the win or the person will not be able to continue on what you want to audit him on.

So, if a person has a new beingness and win as a "Master of His World" you have to go and let him attest to it.

So, my question is what have people around heah ever been sent to the examiner to attest to?

Mine was Theta Clear.

This was the end of my Out-Int problems.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Nice on the theta clear attest, my ole buddy pal! That is heavily validated in the PDC lectures.

After a particularly good M-9 word clearing session, I told the Examiner that I was "OT9 ... and beyond!" I really believed it too.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
My favorite attest was also my last formal Scio session, in 1977.

I attested to: "Freedom from being trapped as one of Ron's bt's!"

I left Scio after that session. :)

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
My favorite attest was also my last formal Scio session, in 1977.

I attested to: "Freedom from being trapped as one of Ron's bt's!"

I left Scio after that session. :)

One of rons bts...

Funny, I have had that thought....
:coolwink:

alex

DartSmohen

I remember doing the review session on William Burroughs before he attested Clear in 1968. He was pleased to have reached that state.

The only person he would speak to at the AO was me, anyone else he would cut them dead.

After attesting, the Reg asked him if he was ready to sign up for his OT levels
"I don't think so" was his waspish reply. The Div 6 lady asked him to write a success story on attesting clear.

He wrote "Adequate" and then flounced out of the building on his way back to NY.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I attested to Clear Theta Clear. But it took 10 DofP interviews to get Flag to let me attest to this. It got rehabbed or remembered on Grade 3. They wanted me to call it anything else I wanted to call it. Actually, it took Liza, the examiner at Flag, to let me attest. I wrote up about 2 pages (typed, single spaced) why I thought it was wrong of me to rename something LRH had defined so well. While Liza read my write up she was busy adjusting the tone arm to keep the needle on the dial - I had a floating TA - and she said "You may attest now". I asked "to what?" She replied "exactly what you wrote". :happydance:

If anyone remembers Liza, she was an awesome examiner.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
I attested to Clear Theta Clear. But it took 10 DofP interviews to get Flag to let me attest to this. It got rehabbed or remembered on Grade 3. They wanted me to call it anything else I wanted to call it. Actually, it took Liza, the examiner at Flag, to let me attest. I wrote up about 2 pages (typed, single spaced) why I thought it was wrong of me to rename something LRH had defined so well. While Liza read my write up she was busy adjusting the tone arm to keep the needle on the dial - I had a floating TA - and she said "You may attest now". I asked "to what?" She replied "exactly what you wrote". :happydance:

If anyone remembers Liza, she was an awesome examiner.

Yes she was ....

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
that's how I attested to "clear". it wasn't after any auditing action, though. just an exam.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember doing the review session on William Burroughs before he attested Clear in 1968. He was pleased to have reached that state.

The only person he would speak to at the AO was me, anyone else he would cut them dead.

After attesting, the Reg asked him if he was ready to sign up for his OT levels
"I don't think so" was his waspish reply. The Div 6 lady asked him to write a success story on attesting clear.

He wrote "Adequate" and then flounced out of the building on his way back to NY.

I was once told Burroughs had "quickie grades" which were in vogue at the time (OT3 had not long been released and was considered the "main event" of Scientology).

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In the CofS, I considered that "Real men don't attest to non-Grade Chart states", based on looking at the kind of person who tended to publicly attest to things like "Cleared Theta Clear Expanded on the Ninth Dynamic".

Paul

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the CofS, I considered that "Real men don't attest to non-Grade Chart states", based on looking at the kind of person who tended to publicly attest to things like "Cleared Theta Clear Expanded on the Ninth Dynamic".

Paul

Yes. But back in the day, the church was a safe place for people to have their own reality and this was one sign of it.

alex

DartSmohen

Paul

I think you have someone in mind whan you wrote that.

DS:wink2: :whistling:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think you have someone in mind whan you wrote that.

DS:wink2: :whistling:

E & S's mother comes to mind, but I formed the opinion after seeing many such items written by others too on the completions board on the Qual steps by the examiner booth.

Paul

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors

Paul

Sung to the tune of "I'm so pretty" from West Side Story.

I'm so theta
I'm so theta
I'm so happy and wacky and free!