***OH MY GOD*** LRH's name finally omitted from Scientology.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Yes, all true. But when you make it uplines, the grass ain't any greener.... It gets even worse and worse. Alot of stories of abuse from people who jumped ship since DM has been there.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
We were sold a Utopia but it really wasn't. It was more like a distopia.

It can never be one. And the reason isn't just mean ol' Davey Miscavige- it's stuff Hubbard himself built into both the ology and the group.

So sad.

I honestly think it could have been absolutely fantastically wonderful.

But Hubbard would have had to leave out his blatant self interest and his view of people as things to be used.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Wrong Barb

I am in the Freezone and know Roland.

I am a lurker for the most part and I don't do biking.

I do art and Fluffy knows of me.

Barb

Barb is funny. I met her briefly over a year ago.

I never did get to see her biker's jacket - but that's my fault.

Barb, do you remember me?

Kilia

Patron with Honors
Ahhh.....thank you for for clearing up the "barb/barb" thing for me. :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry Lulu!!!! I did NOT mean to piss you off with that. Did you know that they felt that way?

I audited some people and the attitude came out in the session. They were telling some story about being sent to PAC for a project and how they didnt want to go and ED Int had to handle them on it, but even he didnt wanna be involved either.

What a sad, sad situation we were dealing with. I was there through alot of that too. I have had my fare share of cramped berthing and beans and rice and dodging roaches, the works.

And PAC was the dumping ground. Its really unjust, isnt it?:no:

I believe that may have started with various LRH telexes that I recall offered very scathing criticisms of PAC or it at least gave some INT people justification for such a viewpoint. LuLu you may recall some of the LA D advices that were critical of PAC and LA in general.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I believe that may have started with various LRH telexes that I recall offered very scathing criticisms of PAC or it at least gave some INT people justification for such a viewpoint. LuLu you may recall some of the LA D advices that were critical of PAC and LA in general.

Yeah. I have vague recollections of seeing stuff, but I don't remember anything specific.

I do remember seeing the mission traffic regarding handling the "kids in PAC" thing in the 70s. The project made the fatal mistake of suggesting that the kids be brought onto the base for family time. The idea was that it would minimize the amount of time staff were off post.

LRH's response was a big handwritten note on the front of the papers the mission sent him, saying "Babies in PAC? Are you insane?"

Do you recall any of the LRH advices or traffic regarding PAC?

If you mention some details, it may jog my memory.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
She said that she is not that Barb. I'll take her word for it.

I meant the one who posts (most prolificly) to ARS. Naturally, there are any number of 'barbs' and 'barbaras', up to and including the Barbara Schwarz :)

At one point ARS was suffering from a plethora of 'Keiths'; there are'nt very many of us 'joes', but, there have been some confusions around 'susans'.

Zinj

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
No I am Barb the artist.

You can find my art site by looking up (Removed Name in an edit.)

You can call me TKheinsa or (Removed) my painting name and I am in Western NY.

I got tired of Kheinsa as a name. I used it when I first found the freezone.

Now I have a cat named Fancy that likes catching chimpmonks and rabbits so I went to Fancy.

I mostly lurk these days but still speak up once in a while.

I knew Jeremy and Ellie Perkins and family as I was in the Buffalo org.

I could have been on the CBS 48 hours but I turned them down and I am glad that I did because they were lying to me.

Barb

Last edited:

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
They were leading me on trying to get me to believe they would put something on about the alteration of the tech and the freezone.

They did no such thing.

So it was not honest and I am glad I was not part of that deal. Nor will I talk to press ever for I am awake on what they do.

Barb

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
You can hear DM expose the evil transcriptionists here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdolEqBuKsY

Wow, that was "worth" seeing.

It's too bad he only credited two of "who's" he had discovered. The full list includes the recently busted researchers, compilers, about 10 book editors, copy editors, glossarizers, punctuators, proofreaders, designers, illustrators, typesetters, prepress personnel, printers, department heads, divisional heads, programs operators, programmers, CO CMO Ints, CST personnel, and many other people who worked on the books but had to be nuked off the lines because they were the who. Thankfully he spared us from the most cruesome details and the fact that by actual count, the probabilities are about 20 to 100,000 that someone can work for him versus them being a suppressive.

That ratio, incidentally, also limits the number of potential Scientologists on this planet to 1,2 million. The rest that have been counted into the 8,000,000 currently active Scientologists must be BTs yet to be born in flesh. Well, that's still well within the acceptable statistical variance you can have in Public Relations, isn't it? (I'm sure nobody outside the movement is in the dark about the actual figures).

Victor

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
You know, I was thinking about this whole "sanitized" LRH book thing when I was driving to work this morning.

I remembered something that happened about 20 years ago. Those that were in the SO, especially at Int or on Dissem lines, probably remember some of this. (Actually, some of you probably know a whole lot more than I do, so feel free to add what you know.)

There is a famous advertising guy named Jack Trout who wrote some texts on the subject of "positioning". LRH thought so highly of this information that his texts became part of LRH marketing policy.

In the 80s, Int Management decided to hire Trout's agency to do a positioning for Scientology, as part of its never-ending-though-futile attempt to change the public's perception of it to being a mainstream religion rather than a nutso cult.

One of the initial things that Trout's company wanted to do was to tour the orgs.

(I remember the staff being kept up all night to clean the orgs before these guys came through. The staff were not told who they were; only that some "important people" were coming.)

From what I know, they looked at all the major SO service orgs (at least in the US) and probably some Class V orgs.

I don't know everything that was said to DM and company after they came through. Two of the things I know for sure that were said were:

1) Your buildings look like shit. We can help you get people in the door, but as soon as they see what the place looks like, they'll walk out again. You need to renovate them.

2) Get rid of the name "Scientology".

As you know, Trout's agency was not kept on. (There's a little bit about this in the Time Magazine article about Scientology. You can look it up here if you want. http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/dancult.htm)

But sounds like DM took piece of advice number 1. Not long after this, the whole "renovations movement" in Scientology started big time.

In the spirit of what is happening now: How long do you think it will be before he implements piece of advice number 2?

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
In the 80s, Int Management decided to hire Trout's agency to do a positioning for Scientology, as part of its never-ending-though-futile attempt to change the public's perception of it to being a mainstream religion rather than a nutso cult.
I don't know everything that was said to DM and company after they came through. Two of the things I know for sure that were said were:

1) Your buildings look like shit. We can help you get people in the door, but as soon as they see what the place looks like, they'll walk out again. You need to renovate them.

2) Get rid of the name "Scientology".

As you know, Trout's agency was not kept on. (There's a little bit about this in the Time Magazine article about Scientology. You can look it up here if you want. http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/dancult.htm)

But sounds like DM took piece of advice number 1. Not long after this, the whole "renovations movement" in Scientology started big time.

"22. If the orgs had wonderful expensive premises,
with deep pile carpets, chandaliers, etc.
then they would be successful. "

Earlier, according to a Guardian Order dated 30 November 1971, the above was considered a 1.1 remark made by an SP!
Now it's Ideal Orgs!
Some other comment is also funny: "52. I didn't blow, I just exteriorized from the area." :happydance:
The issue may be read here.

Mark