What's new

***OH MY GOD*** LRH's name finally omitted from Scientology.

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's good hatting material for us SPs, isn't it though?

"They nearly had me thinking I was an SP."

Geez. I wonder what they say on the issue that teaches how to recognize a "Social Personality".

Or could it just be that such an issue does not exist?

V

(Quiz answer: "They nearly had me thinking I was a social personality.")

Last edited:

jennifer

Patron
Omitting LRH from Scientology

Omitting the name of LRH from Scientology can be like omitting Jesus from Christianity or Mohammed from the Moslem religion or Budha from Budhism.
The purpose can never be to omit the name of LRH from Scientology but to either keep the name & stay with Scientology as it is or to divide the religion as Christianity continues been divided keeping the name Ron Hubbard as source or to start an own religion with self as the source of reference for the new religion. In the market place of religions many choices can be had & if one starts an own religion or becomes a division of an existing religion then the success from this will depend on how much of a following can be gained that will continue keeping the religion viable. The first step to starting an own religion is to look up the word religion & from theron to gradually start putting together what will attract a following whilst becoming a good shepherd intent on leading a flock with workable techniques & laws & regulations for a good survival. Happy marketting.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Mrs T has a feeling that DM is trying to reposition Scn with far less influence on LRH. All I can say is that the new basic books feature his name very prominently on their covers.

Björkist

Mrs T has a feeling that DM is trying to reposition Scn with far less influence on LRH. All I can say is that the new basic books feature his name very prominently on their covers.

:itstrue:

And considering a large portion of the data is audio recorded...what would the dialogue be like when a noob asked who's voice they were listening to?

:confused2:

Les

L Ron Hubbard was never our leader.

Misacavige has always been our leader.

He accepted everything. The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

- George Orwell, 1984

Div6

Crusader
L Ron Hubbard was never our leader.

Misacavige has always been our leader.

He accepted everything. The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

- George Orwell, 1984

Miscavige couldn't lead a fag to a glory hole...

:dontfeedtrolls:

Colleen K. Peltomaa

DM has serious power issues and anxieties, but he is smart enough to control himself in public, and can appear quite sociable and charming.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

You know, I was thinking about this whole "sanitized" LRH book thing when I was driving to work this morning.

I remembered something that happened about 20 years ago. Those that were in the SO, especially at Int or on Dissem lines, probably remember some of this. (Actually, some of you probably know a whole lot more than I do, so feel free to add what you know.)

There is a famous advertising guy named Jack Trout who wrote some texts on the subject of "positioning". LRH thought so highly of this information that his texts became part of LRH marketing policy.

In the 80s, Int Management decided to hire Trout's agency to do a positioning for Scientology, as part of its never-ending-though-futile attempt to change the public's perception of it to being a mainstream religion rather than a nutso cult.

One of the initial things that Trout's company wanted to do was to tour the orgs.

(I remember the staff being kept up all night to clean the orgs before these guys came through. The staff were not told who they were; only that some "important people" were coming.)

From what I know, they looked at all the major SO service orgs (at least in the US) and probably some Class V orgs.

I don't know everything that was said to DM and company after they came through. Two of the things I know for sure that were said were:

1) Your buildings look like shit. We can help you get people in the door, but as soon as they see what the place looks like, they'll walk out again. You need to renovate them.

2) Get rid of the name "Scientology".

As you know, Trout's agency was not kept on. (There's a little bit about this in the Time Magazine article about Scientology. You can look it up here if you want. http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/dancult.htm)

But sounds like DM took piece of advice number 1. Not long after this, the whole "renovations movement" in Scientology started big time.

In the spirit of what is happening now: How long do you think it will be before he implements piece of advice number 2?

That makes a lot of sense, the name change. I could see a smart business executive doing that when a company name gets a bad reputation. I do believe some businesses have done that, can't recall one right now.

I had a stray thought that scientology might ally itself with the mormon (or LDS?) church somehow.

The Buffalo Org is beautiful but empty. Eerie.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

I believe that may have started with various LRH telexes that I recall offered very scathing criticisms of PAC or it at least gave some INT people justification for such a viewpoint. LuLu you may recall some of the LA D advices that were critical of PAC and LA in general.

I think it went something like they could not complete cycles of action, thus PTS by inference. PAC Renos, that is.

Jane at PAC Renos helped me to move all the ASHO PC folders from L to Z from the caving in morgue to the parking structure. Quite an interesting cycle right before I routed out. I paid (oh, sorry, "donated") $11,000 for that privilege.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Ah yes, the CofS "caste system". That term fits it well.

I was very surprised when I first ran into it. As a Class V staff member, I figured that those of us who were busting our guts out and sacrificing great chunks of our lives to help people reach "total freedom" for little or no material reward would be held in high honor by those at the top who depended on us for their power.

Alas, I found otherwise. It appears the caste system goes something like this:

Non-Scnist "wogs" are not even worth mentioning.
Public are sheep to be herded and shorn.
Class V and Mission staff are out-ethics druggie scumbags -- otherwise they'd be in the SO, right?
SO service org staff are still scumbags, but some may someday be something.
Middle management orgs, well at least they're trying.

But you're not a real being until you're CMO or RTC.

Leastwise, that's how it looked from the viewpoint of Class V staffer.

What about the TTC staff and auditors? Weren't they highly regarded?

I haven't read every page (the first 2 pages and page 22) but what I thought when I read this thread was simply a great way to get everyone to re-purchase books and so on.

"We're re-writing everything, and it's on sale!"

I can't help but think it's financially motivated..

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I haven't read every page (the first 2 pages and page 22) but what I thought when I read this thread was simply a great way to get everyone to re-purchase books and so on.

"We're re-writing everything, and it's on sale!"

I can't help but think it's financially motivated..

You'll find that most Scientology 'actions' are multi-purpose and seldom fit into a single 'goal'.

Certainly re-selling the same old pap is one, but, also editing for content, as in removing/changing things that are too embarassing (this 'goal' is usually frustrated by the sheer number of embarassing elements and the fact that believing Scientologists have a hard time recognizing 'embarassing') but, copyright issues might also be a part, although, in all truth, the whole 'copyright' thing is a chimera.

And, I would expect for their to be two or three other less obvious 'purposes'.

Zinj

anonymoose

I had a stray thought that scientology might ally itself with the mormon (or LDS?) church somehow.
Fat chance. What possible reason would the LDS church have to ally themselves with scientology? I know it's popular in some circles to equate the two, but that's really a stretch. Please ponder for a second why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints would want to have anything to do with the spawn of L Ron "Jesus was a lover of young boys" Hubbard? What is your motivation for making this statement? What are your cri***... :melodramatic: excuse me.

Seriously though, while plenty of people (particularly outside the USA) think the Mormons are batshit insane, they are doing just fine. One of them recently vied for the presidency. Another currently is the house majority leader. They just dealt with the death of their longtime leader and selection of his successor without arcane voting procedures and white smoke or power struggles of any kind. Suggesting they would need or want or even entertain an alliance with the CoS is ludicrous. The only similarity I see is that they are also an American based religion that people love to hate, though for reasons I find far less compelling.

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
1) Your buildings look like shit. We can help you get people in the door, but as soon as they see what the place looks like, they'll walk out again. You need to renovate them.

2) Get rid of the name "Scientology".

This sounds about around the time of the "Church of Scientology of California" era, and the formation of the RTC.

1985, Wollersheim, Giuseppe thinks. Wow. what a clusterfuck that Portland/Salem/LA 'crusade' was.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Fat chance. What possible reason would the LDS church have to ally themselves with scientology? I know it's popular in some circles to equate the two, but that's really a stretch. Please ponder for a second why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints would want to have anything to do with the spawn of L Ron "Jesus was a lover of young boys" Hubbard? What is your motivation for making this statement? What are your cri***... :melodramatic: excuse me.

Seriously though, while plenty of people (particularly outside the USA) think the Mormons are batshit insane, they are doing just fine. One of them recently vied for the presidency. Another currently is the house majority leader. They just dealt with the death of their longtime leader and selection of his successor without arcane voting procedures and white smoke or power struggles of any kind. Suggesting they would need or want or even entertain an alliance with the CoS is ludicrous. The only similarity I see is that they are also an American based religion that people love to hate, though for reasons I find far less compelling.

You know, looking at that statement in a new unit of time, I don't know why I said that. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Well, I guess this revives this topic.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=25978&postorder=asc

Arnie Lerma wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/39loka

Don't ask me for the source, I won't reveal it, further the data is
from multiple reliable sources. Source names are known to me. Here is
the hot poop..

News from Clearwater FSO: Hubbard's Policy has been suspended, telex'd
orders from David Miscavige now supersede Hubbard.

Hubbard's pictures grow fewer and fewer and smaller and smaller at
each years events.

News from David Miscavige: Scientology will concede Hubbard was a
dirtball, his PR and the evidence is so bad... they have given up...
Hubbard will be phased out....to be replaced by David Miscavige.

Their plan it is to copy the Mormons.
Few people know who John Smith was..
but everybody knows who Brigham Young was...

El Ron Hubbard = John Smith

David Miscavige = Brigham Young

Hubbard's policy will be canceled, his tech will be canceled,
David Miscavige will play the part of Brigham Young and write the new
materials of $cientology for you.

This is the plan..

Like it?

-------------------

The previous information is TRUE, regards
Arnie Lerma ex FBO Pubs US
6045 N 26th Rd
Arlington VA 22207