What's new

OK, I've had enough

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
The mailings keep coming in even after I have (once by phone and once by letter) said I don't want this shit.

"Private" is still calling and I haven't picked up.

But I am really sick of this. I'm tired of the subject, I'm tired of the jargon, I'm tired of the "supernatural powers" and all the other stuff. So today every time I get a mailing with a return postage on it I'm refolding it so it goes back to them with a letter that says every time I get contacted I'm going to try to convince the person who calls to leave the cult, and every mailing gets responded with a new letter trying to get whoever opens it to blow. In my letter I explain that if I keep getting contacted I'm just assuming they want to keep debating. They stop - I stop.

I've also decided to pick up Private's calls and do the same.

Childish, I know. Frustration, sure. Gets me no where? At this point I don't care.

If they hadn't contacted me after all this time - I promise you - I would have never come here and I would be totally in the dark about Anonymous. If this is a thing with them, contacting the old files, then I'm thinking it has created more enemies than friends.

No offense to those who have found some benefit, but I find all this talk, even by those disaffected with the organization, of tech this and list that and OT you-me whatever to be a load of onions. Whatever Scientologists want to think about my tone level, my approach, my reaction, my "case", or the Kling-ons around my asshole, is a matter of complete indifference to me.

I thought I was done with the wacky world of L Bert Fucktard and his soup cans. All I want is for them to get off my lines. I hope they get the hint.

lrnobs

Patron with Honors
The mailings keep coming in even after I have (once by phone and once by letter) said I don't want this shit.

"Private" is still calling and I haven't picked up.

But I am really sick of this. I'm tired of the subject, I'm tired of the jargon, I'm tired of the "supernatural powers" and all the other stuff. So today every time I get a mailing with a return postage on it I'm refolding it so it goes back to them with a letter that says every time I get contacted I'm going to try to convince the person who calls to leave the cult, and every mailing gets responded with a new letter trying to get whoever opens it to blow. In my letter I explain that if I keep getting contacted I'm just assuming they want to keep debating. They stop - I stop.

I've also decided to pick up Private's calls and do the same.

Childish, I know. Frustration, sure. Gets me no where? At this point I don't care.

If they hadn't contacted me after all this time - I promise you - I would have never come here and I would be totally in the dark about Anonymous. If this is a thing with them, contacting the old files, then I'm thinking it has created more enemies than friends.

No offense to those who have found some benefit, but I find all this talk, even by those disaffected with the organization, of tech this and list that and OT you-me whatever to be a load of onions. Whatever Scientologists want to think about my tone level, my approach, my reaction, my "case", or the Kling-ons around my asshole, is a matter of complete indifference to me.

I thought I was done with the wacky world of L Bert Fucktard and his soup cans. All I want is for them to get off my lines. I hope they get the hint.

Don't be so shy. Why don't you say how you really feel? :coolwink: :omg:

Just kidding. Frustration can be so frustrating. :pullhair:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
It's the waste of bloody paper that annoys me! :angry:

Having bought material from three Class V orgs I asked two of them to take me off their mailing lists. I was getting monthly promo for the Purif despite having done two. "Oh no! We can't do that!" It seems policy is senior to common sense.

It comes down to "we know what's best for you" or rank incompetence. Never underestimate the capacity of CoS for the former.

The organisation that has the definition of communication - totally fucked up comm lines.

The organisation that knows about ARC - very rarely puts it into practice.

The organisation that has defined the cycle of action - can't complete one or gets an overt product.

The organisation has a Founder who states that granting beingness is the highest virtue of all - "granting whatingness?"

Oh, the irony!! :melodramatic:

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've mentioned this in another thread, but I solved my unwanted mailings problem, by saving up a rather large pile, writing "ILLEGAL PC" in large letters on all of them with an "RTS" (return to sender) and dropping them in my nearest postal collection box.

I stopped receiving mailings shortly after this.

Indeed, a person should just be able to say "remove me from your mailing list" and that should be that....but obviously that technique doesn't work all of the time.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Escalus,

I think you have a great idea. If I hadn't moved, I'd probably still be getting mailings also. And I haven't had a phone call in months. They only have my cell number and whenever anyone calls I say that I've been declared and that my name should be removed from their list.

If they ever track down my home number, I have privacy manager, which means they'll have to talk to a computer, say who is calling and then the call is actually put through. When I answer the "privacy" calls, I'm given the option of accepting the call or not. So, I'll never have to take one call from them on my home phone.

Wisened One

Crusader
I feel ya, Escalus. Really we do. Hubby sometimes answers those Private Calls and reams 'em a new one..literally gets into arguments with them, but they're moronic robots and keep trying to sell him the new Basics. :angry:

Whenever I do get email (most of their emails are in my Block list) I email back to take me off any/all your snail and emailing lists and tell them that I mark all their emails as SPAM. The first time I did that, the same day, I get another Promo email WITH my FULL, REAL name, this time, as if that's gonna scare me? They've since sent less, but some still filter thru....

I think I'm gonna save my pile of snailmail Promo, mark 'SP' in BIG RED SHARPIE LETTERS, and then write Return to Sender on 'em....lol.

OOo, just saw Anon's answer, I think I still have a whistle somewhere.....

Wisened One

anondc7777

Patron
If any of their snailmail spam comes with one of those "business reply mail" envelopes/cards? Tape it to the front of a nice big box of rocks and mail it to them at their expense.

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
You should probably head here (if in the US)

https://www.donotcall.gov/

and get your self on there if you haven't. Sadly religious organizations and charities are exempt but I think they still have to follow do not call procedures though but good luck going to small claims over that (you in theory could sue them for $500 if they call you after 31 days once you have explicit asked not to call). I'm not entirely sure how long a charitable org has to keep you on their do not call lists so.... the whistle is the best bet. I usually just start speaking portugese and that kills the conversations (damn you PAL!).

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Irnobs - Well alright then, i think i will!:)

Tanstaafl - Yeah, imagine all the trees sacrificed for this crap. Scientology was never a big one for the ecology. Why bother when you can just poof trees into existence at some indeterminate level or other somewhere up the chart.

Bjorkist - It occurs to me I got myself taken off the list once already when I sent stuff back en masse once. But that was three addresses ago.

ImOut - I'm not going to ignore them anymore. Hold my coat... I'm going in!

anondc - Have I said lately how much I love you guys? OK OK, don't get any ideas!

Wisend - I should probably be ashamed of myself. I've got a thing making the rounds and I'm supposed to be working on the next thing and I get caught up in this shit. I should have me head examined.

Someguy - I'm actually already ON that list!

Last edited:

spyglass

Patron
Every time you receive one of those calls, acknowledge whatever they are saying, then calmly and politely ask them to remove you from their mailing/call list. You will probably have to do this multiple times, but eventually you will be removed. Worked for me. Mailing and Call lists are often disorganized and out of date in any organization since they are such a pain to maintain.

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron

Though I am a freezoner myself and don't share all your thoughts, I know what you mean about the phone calls. They don't phone me anymore and what got them to stop was not ignoring their calls, but answering them. I would shout, "GET OFF MY F***ING PHOOONNNNNE" and hang up - or stuff of a similar ilk. I've been in the SO and reared six kids - I know how to chuck out the decibels in a most unpleasant in your face kind of way if the need should arise. I can assure you that they don't like being on the receiving end of it. Sooner or later your phone-in card will be marked "etheta, do not call". It may take a little while before everyone's list is so marked - but it will happen.

If you want to be really evil, speak to them gently and quietly first - so they have to listen intently and press the phone up to their ear - then let fly - the sound may then be quite painful. I realise this is an evil tactic - but it has "workability" as they say.

Or you could do what they do to protesters and ask, "What are you crimes".

Or, actually better than any of the above, you could try to get into ARC (sorry for the scieno speak) and ask if they know about the enforced abortions, child labour and such like - might actually get one of them to leave.

Nick

P.S. The shouting is a "heavy valence" - Alan would probably call it "reverse auditing", TO would probably call it "black magick" - use sparingly lest you disappear to the dark side :)

Last edited:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
nw - freezoners are not my problem. You have every right to follow your lead on that. I'm not Jewish either but I don't want to shut them down. I'm against the same things you are with the crap the Co$ pulls is all. I know what most of the jargon is - which is kind of scary since I hadn't used it in - oh - DECADES. I guess I was a good student eh?

Anyway like I said, no offense - we must allow everyone a right to their conscience - which of course is a lesson lost on the cult.