What's new

OKLAHOMA EMPANELS GRAND JURY TO INVESTIGATE SCIENTOLOGY’S DRUG REHAB

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Narconon's had lots of bad days recently. Today would constitute a VERY bad day:

OKLAHOMA EMPANELS GRAND JURY TO INVESTIGATE SCIENTOLOGY’S DRUG REHAB

The Underground Bunker has learned that a multi-county Oklahoma state grand jury has been empaneled to look into criminal insurance fraud allegations against Scientology’s flagship drug rehab facility, Narconon Arrowhead.

<snip>

Read Full Post: http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/11/ok...vestigate-scientologys-drug-rehab/#more-15274

If that weren't enough, there's this as well:

Ryan Hamilton makes it a baker’s dozen

Las Vegas attorney Ryan Hamilton has filed his 13th federal lawsuit against Narconon, Scientology’s drug rehab network.

In this case, Indiana resident Monica O’Connell was searching for a place to send her son Sean for rehab in February last year. A representative from a supposedly generic website suggested that she talk to someone at “Redwood Cliffs” in Watsonville, California.

She wasn’t told that the facility was part of the Narconon network, let alone affiliated with Scientology. She was told the usual deceptions about what would happen at Narconon, and was asked to pay $35,000 to enroll her son.

Like so many others, Sean soon learned that instead of drug counseling, he’d be doing Scientology training, and was subjected to an unscientific sauna-and-vitamins regimen.

<snip>

Full Story: http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/11/ok...vestigate-scientologys-drug-rehab/#more-15274

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
A question for those still in (or at least pretending to still be in), especially for those celebrities endorsing Narconon:

When is NOW a good time to jump ship?

:hmm:

Jump

Operating teatime

odBih.jpg

Pleased Xenu (could be spelled X-E-M-U) is.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Interesting comment.

Still_On_Your_Side • an hour ago

The Oklahoma Grand Jury is multi-county, that means there is probably a task force in place. I wonder if this task force will soon involve other states. Insurance fraud is taken seriously, and it usually involves federal law enforcement if it involves a large amount of money, organized fraud, and multiple states. I think there is a lot more going on here than just one grand jury. One thing is for sure, the investigators will follow the money as far as it goes and the First Amendment does not protect insurance fraud.
http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/11/ok...e-scientologys-drug-rehab/#comment-1430086057

Jump

Operating teatime
Interesting comment.

The Oklahoma Grand Jury is multi-county, that means there is probably a task force in place. I wonder if this task force will soon involve other states. Insurance fraud is taken seriously, and it usually involves federal law enforcement if it involves a large amount of money, organized fraud, and multiple states. I think there is a lot more going on here than just one grand jury. One thing is for sure, the investigators will follow the money as far as it goes and the First Amendment does not protect insurance fraud.
http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/11/ok...e-scientologys-drug-rehab/#comment-1430086057

In other words, religious cloaking is no protection against criminal charges and prosecution.

The wheels turn slowly, but ducks are coming into line.

Tick tock ..

Free Being Me

Crusader
In other words, religious cloaking is no protection against criminal charges and prosecution.

The wheels turn slowly, but ducks are coming into line.

Tick tock ..

Interesting and all the more damning if a RICO charge could be levied.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Interesting comment.

The Oklahoma Grand Jury is multi-county, that means there is probably a task force in place. I wonder if this task force will soon involve other states. Insurance fraud is taken seriously, and it usually involves federal law enforcement if it involves a large amount of money, organized fraud, and multiple states. I think there is a lot more going on here than just one grand jury. One thing is for sure, the investigators will follow the money as far as it goes and the First Amendment does not protect insurance fraud

You mean that insurance fraud isn't a religious ritual? :unsure:

Jump

Operating teatime
Interesting and all the more damning if a RICO charge could be levied.

Wikipedia:
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering, and it allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes which they ordered others to do or assisted them, closing a perceived loophole that allowed someone who told a man to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because he did not actually commit the crime personally.

Star Wars - shortly before destruction of the Death Star:
Commander #1: We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Should I have your ship standing by?

Governor Tarkin: Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Apparently not...but mailing dildos to somebody's place of employment? Well, that's another matter entirely.

In actuality it is another matter, at least from perspective of the Legal Dept at OSA INT. Mailing dildos to the employer of your enemy clearly aligns with the intent of the Fair Game scripture, does it not?

And haven't Co$ attorneys acknowledged during some prior litigation that the Fair Game scriptures are part of the Scientology religion?

So its clear that they believe this to be a form of religious expression. :omg:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Well, if it turns out that fraud, as a form of religious expression, is actually illegal, how will the cult possibly go on? :biggrin:

What they'll do is find scapegoats, both within the Narconon network, and within ABLE INT as well and they're going to throw them under the bus; sacrifice them for the greatest good. They'll assign responsibility for ALL criminal activities to those individuals, denying any personal knowledge of any wrongdoings.

In other words, they'll apply standard tech.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
It just occurred to me how priceless this is... Davey is throwing every ounce of energy at keeping Mosey from deposing him. Meanwhile, a bunch of 16 year olds and former drug addicts are botching a white collar insurance fraud investigation to the point that a multi-county grand jury, which has virtually unfettered investigation power, is empaneled.

Mosey's deposition is about to become the least of Davey's concerns. I hope his precious Texas Supreme Court Justice has word cleared "pro hac vice". He's gonna need it.....

:hysterical:

Last edited:

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors
What they'll do is find scapegoats, both within the Narconon network, and within ABLE INT as well and they're going to throw them under the bus; sacrifice them for the greatest good. They'll assign responsibility for ALL criminal activities to those individuals, denying any personal knowledge of any wrongdoings.

LOL

Your KSW is so IN !

I can't stop laffing at your post.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron

Well he can't throw Rena Weinberg, Laurie Zurn or Simon Hogarth (the last three known ABLE COs) into the Hole over it!

They've been in there for years and years already!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Well he can't throw Rena Weinberg, Laurie Zurn or Simon Hogarth (the last three known ABLE COs) into the Hole over it!

They've been in there for years and years already!

As Tony O pointed out the other day, with the Ryan Hamilton lawsuits Miscavige may be able to just write a check and make them go away.

Not so with this Grand Jury investigation. :no:

It's a whole other animal which could lead to criminal indictments and people going to prison.

I would bet that one of the highest priority programs within Scientology presently involves locating any documents anywhere which could be used to somehow connect Miscavige to this mess, and then shred them.

If Rena, Laurie, or Simon have any knowledge that could incriminate Miscavige I bet you they'll be moved out of the country.

Unless of course he's intending to utilize one of them in the same way that Hubbard used Mary Sue during the federal investigation into Operation Snow White.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's an exchange from the comments section of Tony's blog the other day with regards to this investigation:

Chris Shelton (Galactic Patrol) • a day ago

There are a few factors in this that make this story potentially a gigantic nuclear explosion in Scientology's midst, the most important being contained in two little words: criminal charges.

Per wikipedia, "A grand jury is a legal body that is empowered to conduct official proceedings to investigate potential criminal conduct and to determine whether criminal charges should be brought. A grand jury may compel the production of documents and may compel the sworn testimony of witnesses to appear before it. A grand jury is separate from the courts, which do not preside over its functioning."

So much of what we see against Scientology in the legal arena right now are civil suits which if won will result in Scientology having to pay money. They've got plenty of money to pay out - more than enough. France was different and so is Belgium. But here in the States, Scientology has been very good at avoiding any criminal prosecution and has used the First Amendment to sidestep or excuse their criminal behavior. They can't use that defense with Narconon. It's a secular activity.

Just one other reason this could be huge is because this grand jury could issue subpoenas all the way up to the top of the Narconon command chain, including to David Miscavige himself. While his lawyers while wrangle and fight and spit, it's potentially a whole new battle front for him to be retreating from. I personally can't wait to see who else gets subpoenaed on this as the case progresses and the grand jury collects more and more evidence of wrong doing.

John P.a day ago

Chris, you're right on with your comment here. The other thing to note is that criminal charges for insurance fraud are a very big deal indeed. Most states cater heavily to their insurance industries, particularly in the area of devoting resources to investigating and prosecuting insurance fraud. Many states (I don't know about OK) have teams of (often armed) investigators attached to the state Department of Insurance so that they don't have to depend on other agencies to go out and make arrests or devote the resources necessary to the often painstaking work of assembling evidence for large-scale fraud.

Incidentally, it should be pointed out that having a crack team of investigators benefits consumers as well as the insurance companies, since most of the insurance business is highly competitive -- if you work for an employer that frequently changes carriers for health insurance, that's competition at work, because your company just saved a few bucks on next year's coverage by switching to somebody who thinks they can get it done cheaper. The insurance department is not always the toady of the industry.

Because of the sophisticated investigators, because competitors in the industry share information when it is necessary to protect the insurance markets as a whole, and because of the benefits to society of a healthy insurance industry, I strongly suspect that a grand jury indictment will lead to a criminal trial with a reasonable chance of obtaining convictions. The only question will be whether there will be anyone at Narconon who cracks under the strain and agrees to become state's evidence, or whether they are all so fanatically loyal that they'll go down with the ship. It will also be interesting to see if the cult tries to hide people who are likely to be indicted, like Gary and the other top management of the facility.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Here's an exchange from the comments section of Tony's blog the other day with regards to this investigation:

This is excellent, T4. I've been waiting for and wanting a grand jury level investigation of $cientology in any of it's nefarious incarnations for years. This is a legal strata $cientology can't stall, equivocate or dismiss as they are soon to find out.