What's new

OLD AOSH ANZO CAPTAIN Elaine Allen

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree Carmel. When I knew her 1979- 82 and early on she was full of life and fun. I worked with Laurie (her husband) and when he died everything started to change. I'll never forget that time. :bigcry: When she decided her life from then on had to be the SO, she gave up so much.

My then husband and I shared a huge house with her and a group of other staff, and she saw me through my pregnancy like a big sister and we had lots of giggles. Elaine and I would go shopping for the household on Saturday mornings and make everyone a great lunch. I was her communicator, so I was very close to her, and watched that change happen. The GO staff used to go out on Friday nights for pizza, and have a great time, but it just stopped happening. Bit by bit the real humanity she had just slipped away, it was awful. I tried to lessen the pressure on her, however the sheer weight of programs and stat demands became a nightmare. Her famous "SRA's" (Severe Reality Adjustments) took on a whole new intensity and were something other staff learned to avoid at all costs. Finally, as I have written elsewhere I had to leave staff as I was pregnant again and in danger of losing the baby. What she did and said to me that day will never be forgotten and actually took me years to recover from.
It seems it got a whole lot worse even than that.

I don't hate her either, because I knew the person she was before joining the SO. I hope she makes it out one day - we would certainly have an interesting conversation I would think, if we ever met again. :D

Damn shame FTS - there were flashes of what you said she was like when she was running the sydney day org but when she moved to CO AOSH ANZO she was a total bitch.

Like I said, I just can't have compassion for her at the moment.

I hope she does actually get the hell out and see just what she's lost over the years - maybe then I'd talk to her :D

Feral

Rogue male
Scoot,

Maybe it's a personal failing or it's me matching her cold and heartless attitude but I feel the same about her. Not only do I lack compassion for her but I'm totally indifferent to her fate in and out of scientology.

This is unusual for me, but then again I have not met many who so effectively personified the very worst of the scientology culture.

Carmel

Crusader
Damn shame FTS - there were flashes of what you said she was like when she was running the sydney day org but when she moved to CO AOSH ANZO she was a total bitch.

Like I said, I just can't have compassion for her at the moment.

I hope she does actually get the hell out and see just what she's lost over the years - maybe then I'd talk to her :D

Scoot,

Maybe it's a personal failing or it's me matching her cold and heartless attitude but I feel the same about her. Not only do I lack compassion for her but I'm totally indifferent to her fate in and out of scientology.

This is unusual for me, but then again I have not met many who so effectively personified the very worst of the scientology culture.

I understand you both - there are some I feel exactly the same way about.

While Elaine did much to harm me behind my back, she didn't have impingement on me that stuck. I know what she has done to me and others - she was often gruesome to the extreme, and the epitime of all that we hate, but for whatever reason I can cut her slack that I can't or won't cut to others.

We all have every right to feel the way we do about certain individuals - I'm sorry that you both copped what you did from her. Nothing from that time has been fixed by her, and that makes it more than somewhat tough to drop the animosity, after what she did.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The fact that Elaine was in SP Hall and the RPF over there means that she will have experienced the other side of the fence and that is enough for me. If she ever leaves the SO, then perhaps she can do something about all the harm she caused, she certainly won't while she is still in it and also a victim of the abuse of humanity the RPFs are.