What's new

Old Timer St Hill Estates

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
That is the brother of Dave Watson from Sunderland org. I believe he went from Sunderland to Denmark in the 1980s. No involvement with London.
OK. Yes, he did mention in the video that he had a brother in Sunderland, and that he had gone from Sunderland to Denmark. So presumably, as you say, it's not the same John Watson as the one on the list (unless he skipped some of his history in the video).

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
OK. Yes, he did mention in the video that he had a brother in Sunderland, and that he had gone from Sunderland to Denmark. So presumably, as you say, it's not the same John Watson as the one on the list (unless he skipped some of his history in the video).
I didn't interact with John Harry Watson very much so I don't know if it's him in that photo or not although I don't remember him being so heavy set. If I've got my timeline right he arrived at London Org shortly before I was sent to the SH RPF. All I can remember about him was that he was an ex junky who used to shoot up in the toilet at the org and that he was a massive Captain Beefheart fan and was always playing 'Clear Spot'. His wife was with him there too but I've forgotten her name.

Terril park

Sponsor
I didn't interact with John Harry Watson very much so I don't know if it's him in that photo or not although I don't remember him being so heavy set. If I've got my timeline right he arrived at London Org shortly before I was sent to the SH RPF. All I can remember about him was that he was an ex junky who used to shoot up in the toilet at the org and that he was a massive Captain Beefheart fan and was always playing 'Clear Spot'. His wife was with him there too but I've forgotten her name.
This is definitely not the John Harry who was ED London org. IIRC his wife was Angie.
He was and may still be on ESMB under another nick.

strativarius

This is definitely not the John Harry who was ED London org. IIRC his wife was Angie.
He was and may still be on ESMB under another nick.
Angie, that's right. He may be here eh? Oh well, I'd better not say anything shitty about him then although he tried to make it as difficult as he could for me to leave staff so I told him to shove it up his ass and walked out. Forever.

pkatz

Patron with Honors
Frank McAll:
On another note, in 2012 a long term original Sea Org member and comrade of LRH’s, Frank McAll, living in an apartment off base with his now ex-wife as he is deceased, received excellent medical care, probably just to keep him quiet. He had poor eyesight in his right eye and received a glass lens replacement and when he had heart trouble was given a pacemaker. At the time he was a much loved member of the group and there were many LRH Advices written about Frank, including a little document he had framed on his desk, typed by LRH in 1973 that “Frank, for all his good works in service of the Commodore, is hereby released from any further ethics handling.” This was signed by Ron himself. Frank maintained that Ron had told him on many occasions that Frank was never and could never leave the Sea Org. In May of 2012 he dropped the body while still in the S.O.
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/an-appropriate-commendation-for-once/ (in comments, halfway down page)

Lyn Collins:
Vague memory time, not sure. I was in the PAC RPF's RPF in March-June 1996. Sylvia Collins was the Rs R Bosun, and also my auditor for leaving sec check. We had known each other at SH 20 years earlier, and she was also a decent senior in the R's R. I asked about Lyn (her mother), and what comes to mind is she married some rich guy and was out of Scn so not in comm with Sylvia any more.

Paul
Frank was a great guy. He built beautiful models of SO ships that were displayed in the Ft. Harrison lobby, then moved with them to the SO Museum in the CLW Bank Bldg.

Last edited:

@lutz

Patron
When I was on the SH RPF for a couple of months (1979?) that boathouse was used for RPF berthing.

Paul
Thanks for that . . . what I meant . . . was that, what became dubbed the "boathouse" had in the past been a potatoe store. It's a flight of fantasy to imagine that it could have actually been a "boathouse". Given its location down by that fetid little pond, calling it a "boathouse" was probably meant ironically. It also made it sound a lot more comfortable than it actually was. Also a good PR move - Dear Mum, I'm currently sleeping in an old "boathouse", sounds way better than Dear Mum, I'm currently sleeping in an old potatoe store - at least it was designated 'potatoe store on the original Stonelands plans.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks for that . . . what I meant . . . was that, what became dubbed the "boathouse" had in the past been a potatoe store. It's a flight of fantasy to imagine that it could have actually been a "boathouse". Given its location down by that fetid little pond, calling it a "boathouse" was probably meant ironically. It also made it sound a lot more comfortable than it actually was. Also a good PR move - Dear Mum, I'm currently sleeping in an old "boathouse", sounds way better than Dear Mum, I'm currently sleeping in an old potatoe store - at least it was designated 'potatoe store on the original Stonelands plans.
Yeah, when I first saw it was called a boathouse I thought wtf? There was no slipway etc to move a boat, even a dinghy, from the front door to the scummy pond 10 (?) feet away.

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
Lyn Collins:
Vague memory time, not sure. I was in the PAC RPF's RPF in March-June 1996. Sylvia Collins was the Rs R Bosun, and also my auditor for leaving sec check. We had known each other at SH 20 years earlier, and she was also a decent senior in the R's R. I asked about Lyn (her mother), and what comes to mind is she married some rich guy and was out of Scn so not in comm with Sylvia any more.
Paul
Thanks Paul.

God . . . so much time has passed. Looking at who is the offspring of who caused me to realize how long ago events occurred for me.

But, come to think of this, Paul, I think it possible we are referring to two different Collins girls . . .

Your Sylvia might have been related to John Collins who in around 1971+ was in the Finance Bureau at WW. John was the son of Peter, a Scn who was a local at EG who earned a fortune setting up pantyhose sales points around the UK.

The Lyn (?) Collins I refer to was a lass from Melbourne who was a close and reliable buddy . . . who came to SH in late 1967. She was not married and childless in 1967. The Sylvia you refer to, if older than a pre-teen 20 years earlier than '96, could not have been the daughter of my Lyn Collins.

R

@lutz

Patron
A little story from the Castle Construction Site.

Imagine if you will, the site dumper truck bucking and bouncing its way across the building site, being driven by a BIG gorgeous blonde EPFer wearing a baggy sleeveless tee-shirt . . . NO bra . . . and a pair of cut down jeans!

Imagine also, a horrified John Chadder trying to scream out, "GGGGGGGet her off that fffffucking dddddddumper!!"

Unfortunately by the time he got the sentence out, the dumper had disappeared down the drive towards the Stables . . . and lunch, with half the castle crew piled into the front bucket.

Everyone else was left standing around rubbing their eyes . . . as much from the after images as from the diesel smoke.

strativarius

The ED of London org was shooting up in the org toilets?
I think he'd sorted himself out by the time he got to be ED. This was when he was doing stuff like the comm course.

Mind you, not mentioning any names but at least a couple of my merry RPF crew were smoking spliffs behind the boathouse at Stonelands. Where they got the dope from I have no idea.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
I had the good fortune of meeting Frank McCall at Flag around 2010. Even at his age at the time, I felt he was a very sharp guy. He would be a guy you'd want to know. Felt I was fortunate to have the conversations I had with him, fleeting as they were.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
I think he'd sorted himself out by the time he got to be ED. This was when he was doing stuff like the comm course 'n' shit.

Mind you, not mentioning any names but at least a couple of my merry RPF crew were smoking spliffs behind the boathouse at Stonelands. Where they got the dope from I have no idea.

"Where they got the dope from I have no idea."

Scientology Mafia.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks Paul.

God . . . so much time has passed. Looking at who is the offspring of who caused me to realize how long ago events occurred for me.

But, come to think of this, Paul, I think it possible we are referring to two different Collins girls . . .

Your Sylvia might have been related to John Collins who in around 1971+ was in the Finance Bureau at WW. John was the son of Peter, a Scn who was a local at EG who earned a fortune setting up pantyhose sales points around the UK.

The Lyn (?) Collins I refer to was a lass from Melbourne who was a close and reliable buddy . . . who came to SH in late 1967. She was not married and childless in 1967. The Sylvia you refer to, if older than a pre-teen 20 years earlier than '96, could not have been the daughter of my Lyn Collins.

R
The Carol that John Collins married was a new recruit who joined Dept 7 in early 1973. She routed out after a couple of years. Sylvia, sister of Elizabeth (Lizzie), was born around 1961 I would say. Sylvia married Chris Grout (PAC auditor), was in ITO early 90s. Lyn Collins was definitely an Aussie -- heavy-set, ran the SH choir, did needlework, I found her unpleasant. She's on the extreme left here, 0:30-0:40 https://www.ina.fr/video/CAF93026901/la-scientologie-video.html

Paul

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh yes, she must have been a disciple of Linda Parselle. Screaming at people was her speciality and I have been on the receiving end of it from her myself. How a lovely geezer like John Parselle ever got tangled up with that virago has always been an enduring mystery to me.

virago
/vɪˈrɑːɡəʊ,vɪˈreɪɡəʊ/
A domineering, violent, or bad-tempered woman.

I was married to a part time virago...

Thanx or the vocabulary lesson

strativarius

The Carol that John Collins married was a new recruit who joined Dept 7 in early 1973. She routed out after a couple of years, around 1990. Sylvia, sister of Elizabeth (Lizzie), was born about 1961 I would say. Sylvia married Chris Grout (PAC auditor), was in ITO early 90s. Lyn Collins was definitely an Aussie -- heavy-set, ran the SH choir, did needlework, I found her unpleasant.

Paul
I remember Lyn Collins, fairly tall, long dark hair, stoutish, would have been mid 30's around that time?

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
“Frank, for all his good works in service of the Commodore, is hereby released from any further ethics handling.”

Which contradicts the stated purpose of Scientology Ethics, and makes it clear that in practice what it really meant was justice.

If we take L. Ron Hubbard's written definitions of ethics seriously, then a letter like Frank received would be tantamount to saying "Frank, for all his good works for LRH, is hereby exempted from doing the OT levels.

RogerB

Crusader
The Carol that John Collins married was a new recruit who joined Dept 7 in early 1973. She routed out after a couple of years. Sylvia, sister of Elizabeth (Lizzie), was born around 1961 I would say. Sylvia married Chris Grout (PAC auditor), was in ITO early 90s. Lyn Collins was definitely an Aussie -- heavy-set, ran the SH choir, did needlework, I found her unpleasant. She's on the extreme left here, 0:30-0:40 https://www.ina.fr/video/CAF93026901/la-scientologie-video.html

Paul
Oh, Boy! Thanks . . .

That link states the video is dated Jan. 1972 . . . WOW! That girl definitely looks like the girl I knew but with a lot of extra weight. Umm, the wonders of the cult's paying attention to good nutrition :(

As to the unpleasantness you ran into with her . . . the girls from Melbourne could be that way when ruffled (think Ivis B.) . . . and being in the SO is enough to ruffle-up anyone!! :eek: But the girl I knew was a good kid that I owe much to.

Thanks, Paul. You are a treasure trove of info.