What's new

Ole Boskov

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
... he then told me "Yeah, LRH's tech is amazing. If it wasn't for that, I would have been long gone..."

I was screaming inside my head, and thinking to myself "Ole, you are a "New OT8", You've done the KTL, SHSBC, the L's and all these others courses, and auditing. You've invested hundreds of thousands of dollars. Look at your life!!! You are 48 years old. You have had liver cancer 2 times in one year. Your 20 year marriage is over. Your career is finished. You're financially ruined. You're DYING, man. Is this being "AT CAUSE" over the physical universe. What the fuck is OT about your life????"

Sorry for your loss but this comment is amazing. It is amazing how most people, not just Scientologists, can make the outcome fit a persons original beliefs. Very similar to a Christian justifying God killing people in an earthquake. Or an ex-scientologst acting as if absolutley everything realted to scientology is bad. People never change. One thing we are all sure of is how right we are.

marjan

Patron with Honors
Sorry for your loss but this comment is amazing. It is amazing how most people, not just Scientologists, can make the outcome fit a persons original beliefs. Very similar to a Christian justifying God killing people in an earthquake. Or an ex-scientologst acting as if absolutley everything realted to scientology is bad. People never change. One thing we are all sure of is how right we are.

I take it that you are still a Scientologist, Reasonable. All I said, is that, where is the OT'ness of losing everything at 47??

Reasonable

I take it that you are still a Scientologist, Reasonable. All I said, is that, where is the OT'ness of losing everything at 47??

No I think your post is great. I am agreeing with you. I am jsut adding that I think that most people will will justify their outcome to conform with their beliefs about pretty much anything.

Am I a Scientologist? No I am a guy who uses whatever technologies or parts of technologies to make his life better. If some of those technologies happen to come from Scientology then so be it.

To me a Scientologist makes the assumtion that Scientology is right and will justify his observations and facts to to make it so ...KSW

That is not me. Have I managed by statistics YES, have I seen improvements with Dianetic YES? Have I gotten improvements with SOME scientology. YES. I thought the purif was great.

Has it all worked NO. HAve I been harrased YES have I been man handled to give money YES.

Would I go to an org..NO

Would I get auditing sometime in the future. MAybe if I think it will help. not in an org

I could vote for a democrate but that doesn't make me a demoract.
I may listen Metalica but tha doesn't make me a Metal Head.

Am I a scientologist NO
I don't like to be labled

Reasonable

the one good thing about all the scientology he did. when he was dying he thought he knew what was coming next and that he will come back soon in a brand new baby body with all his magical super powers. that probably made him less scared of dying and in the end i would have let him believe that. not because it is true but because it would have given him comfort..That is probably the nicest thing about religion. Its the thing I miss the most about waking up from the sci-fi story.

marjan

Patron with Honors
the one good thing about all the scientology he did. when he was dying he thought he knew what was coming next and that he will come back soon in a brand new baby body with all his magical super powers. that probably made him less scared of dying and in the end i would have let him believe that. not because it is true but because it would have given him comfort..That is probably the nicest thing about religion. Its the thing I miss the most about waking up from the sci-fi story.

Hi Reasonable, I agree with you, use whatever you think can help you. I don't like to be categorized, so I understand your not wanting to be labelled. I also had some wins with Dianetics and some of the Basics. They are common-sense, and they do work -- whether Hubbard codeified or "borrowed" or created them, is pretty much irrelevant to me.

Ole died thinking that he will be back in a new baby body with all his super powers. His sister told me that he was in good spirits right up until the end. For that, I am quite grateful.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

It's called cognitive dissonance.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
:rose:

My love and compassion to his wife, son and many friends.

Another OT 8 has died way too young.

Please, if you're lurking: GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
I am **NOT*** kidding.

My love :hug:

Tory/Magoo

Right. Cuz no one outside the cult gets sick or dies too young.

And, yes, of course some people in the cult defer medical treatment. Far too often. And some of the cancer deaths among Scn'ists are caused by this lack.

But some Scn'ists do get medical treatment. I knew an OT who had cancer and did so.

I'm not sure that anyone knows if Ole had decent medical treatment or not, if he didn't go to the doctor for it or did so.

So I'm loath to use this as a focus on the need to depart the cult. Most of the time, yes. But perhaps not on this thread.

Ole died young, his friend misses him. Bottom line.

Nicole

Hi Reasonable, I agree with you, use whatever you think can help you. I don't like to be categorized, so I understand your not wanting to be labelled. I also had some wins with Dianetics and some of the Basics. They are common-sense, and they do work -- whether Hubbard codeified or "borrowed" or created them, is pretty much irrelevant to me.

Ole died thinking that he will be back in a new baby body with all his super powers. His sister told me that he was in good spirits right up until the end. For that, I am quite grateful.

Imo without this opinion, the believe in Hubbard, the believe in "end cycle" and the believe that he is a great OT etc. he would still be alive, because he would have visited a doctor, used medical care and cancer check ups. You could say his believe killed him. It is terrible to say, he was in good spirit because of his believes at the end of his live, because this believes killed him.

Hubbard's evil Cult is guilty on his dead.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Imo without this opinion, the believe in Hubbard, the believe in "end cycle" and the believe that he is a great OT etc. he would still be alive, because he would have visited a doctor, used medical care and cancer check ups. You could say his believe killed him. It is terrible to say, he was in good spirit because of his believes at the end of his live, because this believes killed him.

Hubbard's evil Cult is guilty on his dead.

I understand where you're coming from Nicole, but doesn't this ...

<snip> and that he had been "successfully" operated on 2 times in the last year for liver cancer. <snip>

...indicate that he's had at least some form of medical treatment? Or does than mean he's had some Cult "operations"? I'd assume the former.

Nicole

I understand where you're coming from Nicole, but doesn't this ...

...indicate that he's had at least some form of medical treatment? Or does than mean he's had some Cult "operations"? I'd assume the former.

I missed this...

But imo in the fight against an "evil" illness you need even a strong will. A will to live. Without this imo no medicine would help... You are the best example MrN, you have a strong will and with this will you fight against your illness. You could even say, I end cycle a new live is comming, why fighting here and give up. Imo you wouldn't be able to be here without your will.

Look at my father, he gave up too. He end cycle too. With a will to live and a fighting for his live I am sure he would be still here.

We don't know what Ole got for medical care or what the doctors told him, he could do to save his live. Maybe he was to late there or maybe he stoped the therapy. There are around enough examples where Scientologist gave up to fight against a strong illness... Where they at a point of time, don't want to fight anymore, stop the medical care and end this cycle...

This is so sad... All this waste of lifes

Last edited:

Oblivion

Patron
Before his "Scientology Career" Ole had had a number one hit throughout Scandanavia doing a Danish Rap version of "You Can't Touch This". On top of that, he was a wonderful composer/lyricist and an amazing pianist.
Wowa haven't thought about that song in years. Just remember it was played alot, and no one knew who was behind the song, was a "big mystery" back then. Didn't know it had ever been revealed who it was.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I missed this...

But imo in the fight against an "evil" illness you need even a strong will. A will to live. Without this imo no medicine would help... You are the best example MrN, you have a strong will and with this will you fight against your illness. You could even say, I end cycle a new live is comming, why fighting here and give up. Imo you wouldn't be able to be here without your will.

Look at my father, he gave up too. He end cycle too. With a will to live and a fighting for his live I am sure he would be still here.

We don't know what Ole got for medical care or what the doctors told him, he could do to save his live. Maybe he was to late there or maybe he stoped the therapy. There are around enough examples where Scientologist gave up to fight against a strong illness... Where they at a point of time, don't want to fight anymore, stop the medical care and end this cycle...

This is so sad... All this waste of lifes

A few points:

I may be ONE example, but the best? I wouldn't say so. To give you another example: Klaus, a true Jazz expert and our drummer from the beginning of the band until he died a few years ago, had brain tumors. No cults involved, best medical treatment one could ever wish for, back on stage with us 3 weeks after his 2nd brain surgery died way too young too.

He was a fighter, but there are diseases where one just can't win, and the best treatment one can imagine would just give you a few weeks/months. Cult or no cult.

Of course when one believes that life can just be "rebooted", that may reduce the "will to fight" - indeed resulting in a ... well, perhaps not a wasted life, but surely a few wasted years.

The cult surely is responsible for many (suspicious or too early) deaths, but neither you nor I know whether this is the case here.

Nicole

A few points:

I may be ONE example, but the best? I wouldn't say so. To give you another example: Klaus, a true Jazz expert and our drummer from the beginning of the band until he died a few years ago, had brain tumors. No cults involved, best medical treatment one could ever wish for, back on stage with us 3 weeks after his 2nd brain surgery died way too young too.

He was a fighter, but there are diseases where one just can't win, and the best treatment one can imagine would just give you a few weeks/months. Cult or no cult.

Of course when one believes that life can just be "rebooted", that may reduce the "will to fight" - indeed resulting in a ... well, perhaps not a wasted life, but surely a few wasted years.

The cult surely is responsible for many (suspicious or too early) deaths, but neither you nor I know whether this is the case here.

Ok, agreed.

But for me you are a very good example. :yes:

...and I am very sorry for your loose. Klaus seemed to be a very interesting and great man.

...and I still wish my father hasn't stoped to take medical care. In one week he is three years dead.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Ok, agreed.

But for me you are a very good example. :yes:

...and I am very sorry for your loose. Klaus seemed to be a very interesting and great man.

He was indeed, but let's not derail this thread - it's about Ole Boskov, who I know nothing about.

...and I still wish my father hasn't stoped to take medical care. In one week he is three years dead.

I know. This is the sick (IMHO) belief that life can be rebooted, and all this "greatest good for the greatest number", that makes people give up way too soon. Why fight, when you believe that you'll receive a brand new body soon?

I believe this is the only life I'll ever have, and I will not give up until it's over.

marjan

Patron with Honors
Ole did seek medical treatment. His operations were indeed medical. At one point, they removed 60% of his liver. When it grew back, the new growth was also cancerous.

I do not know exactly at what point of his illness he began serious medical treatment.. What I do know, is that in my last conversation with him, he told me that he was at Flag when his liver stopped working and his body became toxic.

I cannot say if he knew how truly ill he was before that point. He played down his illness a lot during our talk, and continually praised LRH's tech for him being alive at all.

He spoke about going to going for some experimental treatments at a homeopathic clinic in Germany. I had also recommended a few doctors I knew in the Berlin area. However, he died before he could get any more treatment.

End of story, a few weeks after our last conversation, he died. I was continually trying to contact him, obviously, I failed, I finally found out about his death by writing to him over Facebook (which we had never used for private contact) His sister then informed me of his death in mid-June.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Ole did seek medical treatment. His operations were indeed medical. At one point, they removed 60% of his liver. When it grew back, the new growth was also cancerous.

I do not know exactly at what point of his illness he began serious medical treatment.. What I do know, is that in my last conversation with him, he told me that he was at Flag when his liver stopped working and his body became toxic.

I cannot say if he knew how truly ill he was before that point. He played down his illness a lot during our talk, and continually praised LRH's tech for him being alive at all.

He spoke about going to going for some experimental treatments at a homeopathic clinic in Germany. I had also recommended a few doctors I knew in the Berlin area. However, he died before he could get any more treatment.

End of story, a few weeks after our last conversation, he died. I was continually trying to contact him, obviously, I failed, I finally found out about his death by writing to him over Facebook (which we had never used for private contact) His sister then informed me of his death in mid-June.

This is Ravel's Kaddish. Kaddish is the Jewish mourner's prayer. I don'tknow if you are Jewish or not, but I hope it brings you some comfort as you adjust to your friends passing. It did for me when I lost a good friend.

Smilla xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhgdh_o53a0

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think we are given enough minutes to satisfy what we need to do here, but we will never get enough minutes to satisfy what our loved ones need to do and say to us.

I am glad he had faith till the end, it really doesn't matter what the faith was, it gave him peace when he was in need of it.

Mark_Cabian

First of all, thank you all for your postings here.
I am sure that Ole's his wife and son, would appreciate it very much
if they were not still "in."

When we all started in SCN, at one point, we were all very idealistic.
We believed for a while (some longer, some shorter) that there was
a way to create a "better race" of humans, who had lost their
"reactive" minds (Sorry for using LRH here).

We were all sold a "bill of goods" about becoming "at cause" over the
physical universe the higher you went up the bridge.
Ole never stopped believing that.

He dedicated his life, his money, and his numerous talents to going
up the "Bridge To Total Freedom." He wanted to become a C/S to help
others do the same. At the end, this finest of gentlemen got trapped in
the prison of the tech and it killed him.

Ole was the kind of person that I always wanted to be.
He deserved a much better life than the one that he chose for himself.
He certainly did not deserve to die the way he did.

I called another one of my friends (an "OT3") in Munich yesterday,
to tell her about Ole's death. She was as devastated as I was.

There is no "WIN" in Ole's death. However, if my telling my friends who
are still in, or posting it here can help others understand that there is
no "Bridge to Total Freedom." The only person who can "free" you, is YOURSELF,
then at least Ole will have helped OTHERS go free.... although never in the way he imagined it.

Again, I thank you all.

My deepest sympathies to you for your profound loss. 48 is way too young for a family man and a man who is loved and respected and whose warmth is needed in this cold cold world.

Do take consolation in that Ole's involvement in Scn was motivated by good, intentions though you strongly believe that he was misguided by Scn. His efforts may have served him and the world better if they were invested elsewhere. Unfortunately, we will never know this because a divine power has taken him away. It is always the good ones that are taken away, too soon. Excuse the expression, only the good die young!
Ole is a very talented musician and I managed to listen to two songs: - Listen to the rain, River. They are pretty songs with nice lyrics.

Sorry for your loss. I hope my humble words are of comfort to you during your darkest hour. I like to extend my condolescences to his family and his friends too.