What's new

OMG! Marty Rathbun's Letter to TC's Lawyer!!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
That's a mighty big assumption. He may be but it doesn't follow from his professional associations. Wealthy people with complex business & legal interests tend to hire highly qualified professionals to advise them. Religion is not typically at the top of their selection criteria.
Yes.. But the Cruisemeister gives me the impression of being a thoroughly deluded and enthusiatic scientologist! - He's onboard! - He's not, not onboard!

And DM gives me the impression that he controls TC's life throughout.
As a thrice-married multi-millionaire & prominent public figure with extensive interests in the exceedingly complicated entertainment business he'd be a d@mned fool not to.

Mark A. Baker
Hmm.. He's a scilon! - And frankly, he does look like a damned fool to me!

:eyeroll:

Rae

Patron with Honors
I think we should all give a big round of applause to attorney field for corroborating the following aspects of Marty Rathburn's claims:

1-he was in fact Tom Cruise's auditor;
2-he is, in fact, someone that has been trained to audit.

Thank you Mr. Fields for providing further corroboration that David Miscavige is a chronic and habitual liar.:clap:.

You took the words right out of my mouth SkyD.

As far as Tom's "abuses"...I was quite close to many people who worked in Tom's organization before the big 2004 bust.(could have been 2005) I was at Flag when it was going down. I never saw anything like it EVER...all these great Scientologists I personally knew that used to work for Tom were forced to Flag for endless sec checks and conditions.(at their expense of course) They were told that THEY were responsible for all kinds of crap from leaks on Tom's whereabouts to not handling his children "properly" to whatever. Tom's organization was torn apart. People who had worked with him for years were fired, forced to endure horrible wrong indications, almost being declared, humiliation..and the person behind it was Slappy himself. He was personally on the cycle from start to finish. I can't go into more detail here but this is fact. Perhaps that's what Marty is referring to. I was stunned and sickened by what was happening. My thought at the time was that I'd never seen public Scientologists handled that way. It was as if they were in the SO at Int level answering directly to DM. I couldn't wrap my wits around DM being directly dictating what should or shouldn't happen in Tom's org. But that's exactly what went down.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

As far as Tom's "abuses"...I was quite close to many people who worked in Tom's organization before the big 2004 bust.(could have been 2005) I was at Flag when it was going down. I never saw anything like it EVER...all these great Scientologists I personally knew that used to work for Tom were forced to Flag for endless sec checks and conditions.(at their expense of course) They were told that THEY were responsible for all kinds of crap from leaks on Tom's whereabouts to not handling his children "properly" to whatever. Tom's organization was torn apart. People who had worked with him for years were fired, forced to endure horrible wrong indications, almost being declared, humiliation..and the person behind it was Slappy himself. He was personally on the cycle from start to finish. I can't go into more detail here but this is fact. Perhaps that's what Marty is referring to. I was stunned and sickened by what was happening. My thought at the time was that I'd never seen public Scientologists handled that way. It was as if they were in the SO at Int level answering directly to DM. I couldn't wrap my wits around DM being directly dictating what should or shouldn't happen in Tom's org. But that's exactly what went down.

What big 2004 bust?

Terril park

Sponsor
Ok.. I 'assumed' that his atty was a flaming scientologist, or that OSA/DM had him 'under control'.. That's what I'd expect from CoS..

Maybe Tom disregards Hubbards warnings about the WOG justice system?

A high profile celebrity has issues that "COS Justice" cannot possibly address.

That sounds likely with a high degree of certainty.. But that way to look at this is a PR viewpoint.. And TC's PR is CoS.. I think..

:yes:

Apparently per later posts here not. However he needs to look after his interests. Tieing them with COS now must make the couch jumping look sane!

Terril park

Sponsor

It may be in the public interest for you to say more.

However, my gut instinct tells me there will be a time and place for that later. :)

Your post probably sends shivers down DMs spine.

Cool!!! :)

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
This sounds like a typical Nazi cleaning action!

I hope you will tell us more about it soon Rae. You might find this thread interesting too!

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12284

Markus

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron

Wow. First I've seen of that. A whole 'nother can of worms bursting at the seams and ripe for a tabloid media feast.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
How awful.

A very good friend of mine knows a lady who used to be a nanny for Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, years ago. She'd said that TC was an absolute sweetie to work for.

Personally, I think he's what we Scn'ists would call "PTS" to DM. Hanging around with a lunatic like that is harmful.

How awful.

A very good friend of mine knows a lady who used to be a nanny for Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, years ago. She'd said that TC was an absolute sweetie to work for.

Personally, I think he's what we Scn'ists would call "PTS" to DM. Hanging around with a lunatic like that is harmful.

I don't think Tom Cruise is a violent man, the cult may have tried to implant him with thought of violent behavior so they could use it against him if need be and claimed to have cured him of this behavior, but that's about it. In fact who knows what is real and what is fantasy in someones's PC folder, when they are intentionally hypnotized and fed suggestions for hundreds if not thousands of hours

byte301

Crusader
Jason Beghe responds to Marty's letter

This was posted on wwp:

"Bixbear (aka Jason Beghe) // August 26, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Reply

1st of all, Marty—Great fucking letter.

As far as I can predict, you called his feeble bluff and they are
folding. You’re the legal mind, but I can’t see how they would
gain from responding. They knew there was nothing that you had
done, nor anything they could do (legally) but they gave it a shot
anyway. It seems like a nebulous and poorly planned attempt to
either intimidate you (as if a letter from Bert Fields should make
you quiver in your boots) or, more likely, an attempt to shame you into some sort of introverted posture. I don’t know. To me it feels like Bertie had a pre-mature ejaculation. He pulled the
trigger but the gun wasn’t loaded.

The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps Bert wants to
remind you that he is on Tom’s legal-lines and if you do abuse his
name or reputation in the future, he’ll come after you–sort of a
pre-emptive strike. I think Tom and/or DM’s withholds are being
missed by all the fuss you’ve stirred up and they’re afraid you
might besmirch Tom as DM besmirched you. In a nutshell: you’re
creating big effects; dm is playing dirty and dm is telling Tom you are going to do exactly what Miscavige himself IS doing (criminal mind). Tom is apparently worried (missed w/h). Hopefully he is thinking about all this – which really is the first step onto the rough, rough road to coming to terms with what he has become (which is the 1st step to his salvation).
I don’t think he (Bert) will call you and I don’t think he’ll
respond in any real way (if at all) to your letter. He’s not TC’s
daddy, he’s his lawyer—I think he sees that this is potentially
dangerous for him professionally so he’s going to try to not-is it.
The irony is, he is the one, I suspect, that is intimidated now.
He knows who you are. He has nowhere to go on this—seems like a lose/lose sit for him.

I doubt it was his idea. As i said, it is so ill-planned
and based on misinformation. A good lawyer (and Bert is one of the best) is cut and dry and factual—his letter sounds like a high school cheerleader in a catfight. For Bert Fields to resort to calling you names is only an indication that he doesn’t have a case. I think that DM is third partying you to Tom and Tom is accepting it as gospel and told Bert to handle it-poor Bert knew (after he did his due diligence and fact-checked the accusations) that he didn’t have a leg to stand on but he couldn’t tell his screaming client that Jesus Miscavige gave him false information…

“I guess”
M. Gaye
(inside joke between me and Marty)"

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
snip from original by Jason Beghe
His letter sounds like a high school cheerleader in a catfight

How true, I was very surprised at how childlike the letter was. He finished his letter with this line ...

'It just shouldn’t be done Mr. Rathbun. So please stop'.

I bet that really put the fear of god up Marty Rathbun ...

:ohmy:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
A high profile celebrity has issues that "COS Justice" cannot possibly address.
I agree.. But that's never stopped scientology justice before..

<snip>.. And TC's PR is CoS.. I think..
Apparently per later posts here not. However he needs to look after his interests. Tieing them with COS now must make the couch jumping look sane!
True.. If we assume that Tom is rational about it. And also assume that DM can't, or doesn't, control him.

However, this post:
<snip>.. As far as Tom's "abuses"...I was quite close to many people who worked in Tom's organization before the big 2004 bust.(could have been 2005) I was at Flag when it was going down. I never saw anything like it EVER...all these great Scientologists I personally knew that used to work for Tom were forced to Flag for endless sec checks and conditions.(at their expense of course) They were told that THEY were responsible for all kinds of crap from leaks on Tom's whereabouts to not handling his children "properly" to whatever. Tom's organization was torn apart. People who had worked with him for years were fired, forced to endure horrible wrong indications, almost being declared, humiliation..and the person behind it was Slappy himself. He was personally on the cycle from start to finish. I can't go into more detail here but this is fact. Perhaps that's what Marty is referring to. I was stunned and sickened by what was happening. My thought at the time was that I'd never seen public Scientologists handled that way. It was as if they were in the SO at Int level answering directly to DM. I couldn't wrap my wits around DM being directly dictating what should or shouldn't happen in Tom's org. But that's exactly what went down.
.. Illustrates the scene as I perceived it. DM considers TC and all his doings an asset of Scientology PR and promotion.

It would therefore surprize me if TC had legal counsel that was outside of DM's control. Same with PR..

However.. This arrangement might annoy TC, and cause him to disobey.. (Might already have happened. New publicist, who's apparently unconnected with CoS.)

I'm undecided about Bert Fields.. How long has he been legal counsel for Tom? - Who else has been? - (Allright Google is my freind.. But I'm lazy and besides it's not that bloody important.)

:)

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Harh! I just saw Jason Beghe's post above..

I think he's right.. DM, and Fields, did not simply bypass TC as I hypotesized.. Jason's analysis sounds much more likely.

Still, it nags me that Fields letter is so 'scientology OSA legal office' like.. Or as Jason puts it: "A good lawyer (and Bert is one of the best) is cut and dry and factual—his letter sounds like a high school cheerleader in a catfight." - Maybe Bert Fields isn't the author? - Maybe OSA is..

:yes:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Marty sent another email to Bert:

NUDGE - August 27, 2009

email sent to Bert Fields by Marty Rathbun August 17, 2009:

Bert,

Having not heard a word in reply to my letter of August 12 (sent by email to you Aug 12) in response to your letter of August 7 (sent by email to me on Aug 10) I am left to wonder whether you acted upon my suggestion on how to handle my letter – and its referenced webpage links – vis a vis your client.

Should I not hear anything from you by noon Tuesday August 18, I will proceed under the assumption you and your client ignored my suggestion and are instead working on a coordinated defense of Miscavige’s conduct.

Marty http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/
-------------------------

** Given Bert Field's notorious reputation for playing gatekeeper and hiding info under the rug, I emailed Marty's link to TC's publicist Paul Bloch at Rogers & Cowan.

ChronicEnturbulator

Patron with Honors
1164067718140pu4.gif

serious_business.jpg

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg