What's new

OMG! Marty Rathbun's Letter to TC's Lawyer!!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who knows what really happened but one thing is for sure. Becoming best friend's with the world's biggest jerk was not TC's smartest move. Now he's going to be tied to all the shit coming DM's way in one way or another.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Right now if you hit Google News with the search term >>>scientology<<< the second item is the Glosslip rumour-mongering on TC maybe physically abusing CofS people.

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Who knows what really happened but one thing is for sure. Becoming best friend's with the world's biggest jerk was not TC's smartest move. Now he's going to be tied to all the shit coming DM's way in one way or another.

You nailed it; that is the real story in all this!

TOM CRUISE TO DAVID MISCAVIGE (Words that shall live in infamy):

Thank you, Sir: Thank you for your trust and your confidence in me. I’ve personally been privileged to see what you do to protect and help and serve all of us.

“I have never met a more competent, intelligent, tolerant, compassionate being, outside of what I have experienced from LRH [L. Ron Hubbard: Scientology’s founder]. And I’ve met the leaders of leaders. I’ve met them all.

“So I say to you, Sir, COB, we are lucky to have you. Thank you
.”

Forget about Hubbard's "what is greatness" bitterly cynical and hypocritical puff piece about loving his enemies. Let's talk about the real test for GREATNESS that Tom Cruise now faces. This ain't no disco and it sure as hell ain't no movie where he gets to pretend that he elevates above mere mortals, selflessly and courageusly to assassinate Hitler.

Valkyrie is who Tom Cruise hopes he is in real life. It is how he wants others to see him. It's what he thinks he believes in.

Let him show what he really believes now and demonstrate how brave he is in REAL LIFE.

Step up, Tom, and read a little internet, do a little checking and you will see that your words and actions helped Miscavige wreak even more human rights terror into the world.

Step up, Tom, and admit that you blew it. Tell the world that you do not support Miscavige and...........take back, undo and apologize for what you said and did to "flow power" to Miscavige.

Pretend this is a movie and it's the third act and "your character" will now rise above personal limitations or character flaws to demonstrate newfound character. It's written that way in EVERY single movie script you have done in your entire career.

Try it in real life this time. Let's see if you are a symbol of a hero or, perhaps, you can become a REAL hero.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you, Sir: Thank you for your trust and your confidence in me. I’ve personally been privileged to see what you do to protect and help and serve all of us.

“I have never met a more competent, intelligent, tolerant, compassionate being, outside of what I have experienced from LRH [L. Ron Hubbard: Scientology’s founder]. And I’ve met the leaders of leaders. I’ve met them all.

.”

Forget about Hubbard's "what is greatness" bitterly cynical and hypocritical puff piece about loving his enemies. Let's talk about the real test for GREATNESS that Tom Cruise now faces. This ain't no disco and it sure as hell ain't no movie where he gets to pretend that he elevates above mere mortals, selflessly and courageusly to assassinate Hitler.

Valkyrie is who Tom Cruise hopes he is in real life. It is how he wants others to see him. It's what he thinks he believes in.

Let him show what he really believes now and demonstrate how brave he is in REAL LIFE.

Step up, Tom, and read a little internet, do a little checking and you will see that your words and actions helped Miscavige wreak even more human rights terror into the world.

Step up, Tom, and admit that you blew it. Tell the world that you do not support Miscavige and...........take back, undo and apologize for what you said and did to "flow power" to Miscavige.

Pretend this is a movie and it's the third act and "your character" will now rise above personal limitations or character flaws to demonstrate newfound character. It's written that way in EVERY single movie script you have done in your entire career.

Try it in real life this time. Let's see if you are a symbol of a hero or, perhaps, you can become a REAL hero.

Well said. He's got a real gut check in front of him doesn't he?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Should TC come out in support of DM now it will confirm him as an abusive person in most people's eyes.

It would totally kill any goodwill he has left with the majority of his former fan base.

The best that he could do now is work on the "family guy" image and that'll mean (among other things) devoting time to his family and hanging out publicly with other family men too - sorry DM but you just don't fit that bill. :D

I imagine the poor little gnome isn't getting ANY sleep right now - he KNOWS that his lackeys and flunkeys will stuff up any future "problems" and only he can "make it go right" against the army of SPs currently besieging "his" scientology.

:hattip: Mr Rathbun and Co. - I doubt that ANY of DM's celeb "mates" will ever publicly support the gnome now. I'd say this latest tactic has their publicists getting cold sweats every time their clients go anywhere near an org.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
I expect that TC will stay on the fence above the fray. If he supports the midget, it is a PR disaster; if he denounces the midget, he is fair game. He is in a lose/lose situation. At this point all he can do is wait for the final scene like the rest of us.

Maybe he will be inspired by the character he played in Valkerie, von Stauffenberg and will take a major role in Miscavige's downfall, but I doubt it.

Terril park

Sponsor
I expect that TC will stay on the fence above the fray. If he supports the midget, it is a PR disaster; if he denounces the midget, he is fair game. He is in a lose/lose situation. At this point all he can do is wait for the final scene like the rest of us.

Maybe he will be inspired by the character he played in Valkerie, von Stauffenberg and will take a major role in Miscavige's downfall, but I doubt it.

Tom clearly an idealist. He has now come to know much of the criticism leveled at DM. He has had no choice in that. Marty done good there.

He also knows Marty and many others.

He seems to be in a position where he can't remain silent for long.

My guess is he will do the right thing.

He gets fairgamed? Would perhaps be the death of DM and COS. Like there are the COS videos of DM giving him the medal of honour and so on.

Tom seems pretty much a straight arrow. Doubt there is much of anything he can be fair gamed about. He dosn't need to work anymore,
has lots of money. He takes ethics , morality, the tech quite seriously.

I mean there is a history and propensity for footbullets. IMO Tom
will be instrumental in the greatest of all.

.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This!!

Tom clearly an idealist. He has now come to know much of the criticism leveled at DM. He has had no choice in that. Marty done good there.

He also knows Marty and many others.

He seems to be in a position where he can't remain silent for long.

My guess is he will do the right thing.

He gets fairgamed? Would perhaps be the death of DM and COS. Like there are the COS videos of DM giving him the medal of honour and so on.

Tom seems pretty much a straight arrow. Doubt there is much of anything he can be fair gamed about. He dosn't need to work anymore,
has lots of money. He takes ethics , morality, the tech quite seriously.

I mean there is a history and propensity for footbullets. IMO Tom
will be instrumental in the greatest of all.

He cannot be in the games he has been in. He cannot publicly defend or promote the cult - too much bad press.
He has lost credibility amongst too many public and peers for being a (loony, nutty, etc) cult member. Even if he acknowleges abuses of the cult he can not defend "the good things about scientology". The wog world is not a giant ESMB. So if he wants to go on being a scientologist in the event that he tries to "do the right thing" about abuses, he will go from celeb to Ex-celeb. He will come the closet he has been in years to ordinary person like everyone else. A star falls. He will still have his public person thing to some degree, but he will be constantly reminded of who is is - The person who was a nutty culter in an abusive cult. The person who made a fool of himself and tried for maximum world wide coverage while he was doing it. He may be idiotic enough to go on seeing it all as a drama happening to a homo-novis.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Should TC come out in support of DM now it will confirm him as an abusive person in most people's eyes.It would totally kill any goodwill he has left with the majority of his former fan base.The best that he could do now is work on the "family guy" image and that'll mean (among other things) devoting time to his family and hanging out publicly with other family men too - sorry DM but you just don't fit that bill. I imagine the poor little gnome isn't getting ANY sleep right now - he KNOWS that his lackeys and flunkeys will stuff up any future "problems" and only he can "make it go right" against the army of SPs currently besieging "his" scientology. Mr Rathbun and Co. - I doubt that ANY of DM's celeb "mates" will ever publicly support the gnome now. I'd say this latest tactic has their publicists getting cold sweats every time their clients go anywhere near an org.

Hell Yeah, Scooter!!!

TC (thinking to himself): "What to do? What to do?"

TC ATTY: "Tom, let's first make sure you have no direct or contingent liabilities. Let's start with what's the worst thing that you confessed in any of those taped sessions that DM is holding?"

TC PR AGENT: "Tom, I have two words for you. Barbara Walters. And just "act" normal!"

TC WIFE: "Tom, with your permission, I'd like to do a clay demo of wtf is happening."

TC TALENT AGENT: "Tom, I know it's not your thing, but i really want you to give a second look at this TV Series about the blind saint that comes to earth and gets corrupted by evil that he cannot see."

TC SCN CELEB FRIEND: "Babe, I'd love to talk about that with you. Can we call each other back using pay phones?"

TC WOG FRIEND: "Hey! What are you dyslexic?! Read what's on the web, dude and GTFO!"

TC ETHICS OFFICER: "Mr. Cruise, so in this policy on the Responsibility of Leaders, is Ron sort of indirectly inferring that entertainers are the power.... or is he really clearly stating in green on white that you have the privilege of being CLOSE TO THE SUPERPOWER OF COB and need to flow HIM power so that the agonized future of every man, woman & child in the universe is saved for eternity?"

TC OSA HANDLER: "Mr. Cruise, I have a survey question for you. If the Church presented someone with the greatest MEDAL ever in the history of Scn, the kind of special award that would make someone feel super, super happy & super, super loyal... what would that MEDAL be called?"

DM: "Hey, this is the 12th message I have left on your machine just today. Are you avoiding me, motherfucker!?"

RON FROM OUTER SPACE: (Text Message Advice): "You Int Mgt people better get in Present Time down there and I mean now! First, someone get Cruise's fingerprints on some stationery. And the rest of you Sea Org members just out-create this hill ten with even bigger, better movie stars. Get your best reg on Clark Gable and Errol Flynn and get them on lines today!"

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Why assume that marriage to Tom Cruise was so stressful? The nanny my friend talked to said he was quite easy going back then.

Some people are shitty managers, plain an' simple.

Fluffy, I assume marriage to Tom Cruise was stressful because he is a scientologist and therefore not truly being himself ... everything is seen and acted upon through (and via) 'the tech' ... :melodramatic:

Scientology is always 'more important' ... that, would be (and is) stressful to live with, scientologists are always 'right' (or at the very least, trying hard to be) and that too becomes very boring (and a little bit stressful).

As to her management ability ... I really wouldn't know (or care).

Originally posted by Thrak

How true.

Last edited:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fluffy, I assume marriage to Tom Cruise was stressful because he is a scientologist and therefore not truly being himself ... everything is seen and acted upon through (and via) 'the tech' ... :melodramatic:

Scientology is always 'more important' ... that, would be (and is) stressful to live with, scientologists are always 'right' (or at the very least, trying hard to be) and that too becomes very boring (and a little bit stressful).

I could absolutely see how stressfull it would be if you weren't a Scientologist.
Imagine if your spouse was part of a religion you didn't want to be part of. And he wants you to go with him to all these events and showings of said religion.
That would suck!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I could absolutely see how stressfull it would be if you weren't a Scientologist.
Imagine if your spouse was part of a religion you didn't want to be part of. And he wants you to go with him to all these events and showings of said religion.
That would suck!

LOL.

It's stressful enough when you ARE a scientologist!

:p

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

No offense, but that strikes me as bigoted. I knew a lot of good people when I was in CofS- and I was a Scientologist. And married. Still am. The only thing stressful about being married to me, let me tell you, is my own basic personality. Same with my husband. And other Scn'ists we knew.

Also, let me remind you- Nicole was a Scn'ist then, too.

Ah but it's different when one is rich. Lots less pressure.

But, again, I remind you that you are generalizing and demonizing Scn'ists.

You cared enough to respond to this post.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yeah, some critics get sooo freaked out when I tell the story about the nanny. It's pretty damn silly of you guys. I've read a number of celeb bios and whistleblowing articles by former admin assistants, butlers, etc- not talking about Scn celebs, either- and there's a goodly percentage of crappy managers/crappy people among them.

I'm sure if I'd said that Nicole Kidman was sweet and TC was a shit to the nanny, that you'd find a way to pin that on Scn, too.

Sorry, but no dice. Celebs practice Scn lite- particularly back then when TC was much less fanatical. And his wife was into it to some degree. This was back when they were madly in love and sucking face all over the place.

So many excuses. First it's that Nicole was trying to leave Tom. Oh, oops- so sorry, this was in the early/mid 90s- so no dice there. Then it's because the nanny was a Scn'ist- oops, she wasn't! Then it's because being married to a Scn'ist is soooo awful (most of you used to be Scn'ists AND married. So are you calling yourselves assholes?)...well, I never found it such. In fact, John let me know in no uncertain terms that it didn't matter to him whether or not I did Scn, too. Ok, so then the latest is that she was in a religion she didn't like- when, actually, this was during the early/madly in love period of their marriage.

Some people suck at managing others. Some celebs are dead stuck on themselves. Marlo Thomas, Barbara Walters, Jennifer Lopez- all people with no connection to Scn or to Scn spouses- all had the same things said about them by "common people" who had the misfortune to meet them or work for them.

It seems to pain you guys that there could have been a situation where Cruise was pleasant and his wife was a jerk. But, seriously, you could always explain it away by the fact that it was a long time ago before his friendship with DM escalated into the Svegali-fest it is now, and several OT levels ago. That would support a critical position, I think, and who knows, it could even be correct.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
OK Fluffy.

I am a bigot.

I am also generalizing and demonizing scientologists.

I am probably not a very nice person either (you missed that one).

I should probably be shot at dawn for daring to have an opinion on Nicole Kidman (who I happen to like) that differs with yours.

But, I am also free and very happy to be so ... must fly.

:witch2:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
OK Fluffy.

I am a bigot.

I am also generalizing and demonizing scientologists.

I am probably not a very nice person either (you missed that one).

I should probably be shot at dawn for daring to have an opinion on Nicole Kidman (who I happen to like) that differs with yours.

But, I am also free and very happy to be so ... must fly.

:witch2:

I didn't call you any names. I referred to your post and my grammatical syntax is quite definite on that.

However, if you're going to demonize and generalize Scn'ists as to what shits they all are, you might want to keep in mind that almost everyone on this forum used to be one and most of them do not think of themselves as having been awful people to whom to be married.

I like Nicole Kidman's movies, too. Very very much. I don't think she's been in any that I didn't like. I like a great many people's movies whom I'd not necessarily want to meet.

As far as your opinion differing from mine, yeah, I posted something, you responded and I rebutted. This happens on discussion forums sometimes. So no need to be sorry. :happydance:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
By Fluffy ... However, if you're going to demonize and generalize Scn'ists as to what shits they all are, you might want to keep in mind that almost everyone on this forum used to be one and most of them do not think of themselves as having been awful people to whom to be married.

How do you know that?

(BTW ... you are generalizing).

... and I wasn't apologizing.