What's new

On behalf of my friend, Anonycat

Anonycat

Crusader
I cannot imagine the pain and frustration that you must be going through. I will do whatever I can to help you. It irks me that I am so poor that the local church mouse tossed a few coppers in my hat. Be that as it may, I will do what I can to support you in this.

Stay strong.

Hi John,

Thank you for the kind words - it is a challenge for it to not consume me in grief. Last summer, I was told I'd be able to see him, but then at the last second, they (other parent) changed their mind for no reason. So I haven't seen him in over a year now. The child's' mother seems to take pride on inflicting pain and sorrow, and has ramped-up over the past few years. I no longer am able to send him a card or letter, as his location is unknown.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Everyone please give something to this - even if it's just a dollar. Three hundred of us giving one dollar would still buy an hour of a lawyer's time. It must all help.

Sindy

Crusader
Everyone please give something to this - even if it's just a dollar. Three hundred of us giving one dollar would still buy an hour of a lawyer's time. It must all help.

Absolutely. I need to switch some stuff around and then will do what I can.

Purple Rain

Crusader
If I click on it, it looked like: Donate (big button), and then the clicks to complete it. It wasn't the same for you?

Anonycat, what Free to shine means is that Gofundme only allows the option to pay by credit card - not to use PayPal. It would be great if Dr Watson would also set you up a PayPal account. It's very easy to do and some people are more comfortable paying that way or they don't have a credit card.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Start Pro Se. File you own motions. Hit the Library.

I would not recommend this.

For example, I don't think that I would have got 50/50 custody if I had tried to do that in my case.

In my case my attorney got a lot of the success by argument "in chambers" which I would not know how to do.
And she effectively discredited both anti-father biased court mediator/counsellors which I would not know how to do.

Anyway, I used a "father's rights" attorney in SoCal that charged $175 USD per hour.
This was many many years ago. I doubt that I could get that rate now.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I would not recommend this.

For example, I don't think that I would have got 50/50 custody if I had tried to do that in my case.

In my case my attorney got a lot of the success by argument "in chambers" which I would not know how to do.
And she effectively discredited both anti-father biased court mediator/counsellors which I would not know how to do.

Anyway, I used a "father's rights" attorney in SoCal that charged $175 USD per hour.
This was many many years ago. I doubt that I could get that rate now.

Do you remember who your attorney was, programmer_guy?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Do you remember who your attorney was, programmer_guy?

No I don't. This was many years ago.

But one has to be careful about selecting an attorney for this.

The 1st one I visited for initial free consultation told me that if I didn't have $50,000 to spend on this that I should just walk out his front door and leave. Yes, he told me that.
Later I found out (from others) that he would file every thing he could possibly do... even if a lot of it would be tossed out in court and I would be paying for even the ineffective stuff.

I finally found one lady "father's rights" attorney that only did what she thought would be effective for my case... and it worked... and it didn't cost me a fortune.

But I cannot remember her name.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Since I have moved last year I still have a lot of old records packed away.

If this is important I will look thru my records and see if I can find her name/law office.

But I don't know if she has an office in the Berkeley or Northern Cal area. I doubt it.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
A little off topic but still important (looking ahead):

Children from a prior marriage can influence their biological parent in such a way (on and on and on) as to destroy a 2nd marriage relationship that will result in divorce and destruction of that 2nd family.

"Blended" families (the mixture from 1st and 2nd) has so-called "blended family" issues and problems that can grow to be unresolvable if not anticipated, and counteracted upon, from the very beginning.

Okay, I don't mean to derail.
Back to main topic.

Purple Rain

Crusader
So, how is the fund raising going? Good, I hope. :thumbsup:

Still no movement since programmer_guy's amazing donation. I am a bit surprised and a little disappointed with the response. The target is only $5,000 and it's such a good cause - the kind of situation every parent can relate to. There are so many hundreds of posters on this message board not to mention the anons in other places and only six people have donated. Anonycat has done so much in the fight against Scientology - for at least the last five years. If I had my property settlement I would give him the lot - the whole five thousand that is.