ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

On behalf of my friend, Anonycat

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by Doctor Watson, May 31, 2013.

1. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Nope. I checked a minute ago and it's at the goal exactly.

I can't think of anything so don't be concerned about it.

You are waiting until next week? Oh, well... I guess you know what you are doing.

2. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Well, this is a bit of a Handel's hallelujah moment!!

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;7YaGwI7GjlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YaGwI7GjlA[/video]

I can only say that when I first told Anonycat, "Don't worry, we've got your back!" I was really crossing my fingers and hoping it was true! And it was!! Hooray for programmer_guy! Hooray for Karen de la Carriere! Hooray for the critic movement and ESMB! Hooray for all the people that wanted to give more but gave what they could anyway!

[​IMG]

I feel like a need to do a jig or something!

Now my fingers are just crossed that the legal system will have your back, Anonycat! I do hope your lawyer is good and can get this awful mess sorted for you.

Edit: Thank you also again person who donated that last $150 and Doctor Watson for setting the legal fund up in the first place. That was such a nice friend thing to do.

Edit to the edit: And omg I cannot believe that I have not mentioned the person that donated the $270! That was more than an eighth of the target just by itself!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

4. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Yes, well I guess I am an agnostic really, but there is nothing like the hallelujah chorus to break out in when a great moment happens! I love André Rieu. This is a fantastic version.

5. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Yes, it is over. There is one direct (PayPal) donation that took a few days to come through (it posted today), and has not yet been donated at the page by Doctor Watson. I hope that made sense. A few people have chosen to not donate at the donation page, but directly to Doctor Watson's bank account via PayPal.

From the donation page here: http://www.gofundme.com/33dhs4

That means the total is: $2,250. It can be used for billable PI services, added to the retainer, or other, like refunded.

6. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

So many nice words, thank you! I wanted to point out that the $270 donation is actually 3 different donations, which were made not on the page, but directly using PayPal. There were some PayPal donations that have to be "donated" on the GoFundMe page. That way the true total will show.

The only thing to mention about direct PayPal donations, is that it takes a few days to arrive into Doctor Watson's account. Then Watson has to transfer those funds to the GoFundMe page, to donate it there.

I hear that the last of the donations will be donated at GoFundMe tomorrow.

Again, thank you to everyone.

Edit: Dr. Watson just posted the donation on the dono page!
    http://www.gofundme.com/33dhs4

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  7. Cheshirecat

Cheshirecat New Member

Donated. Best of luck Tangerine/Anonycat

:)

8. JustMe

JustMe Patron Meritorious

Speaking of "hallelujah", this is one of my favorites:

[video=youtube;llyADThAg5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llyADThAg5o[/video]

9. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Thank you Ccat! :) I'm sorry I missed your post until now.

10. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I just had a pow wow on the dono page, and everything related. Again, Doctor Watson runs the dono page, a PayPal account and the associated bank account. All of the tools. I am interested in getting the retainer paid asap, and that's where it started. Upon looking at the account info as the account holder, there was an odd amount as the total, and quite a bit less than shown on the dono page. I wanted to know what that was all about, before anything else.

The fee system wasn't taken into account, and so the two amounts have a discrepancy; the total shown on the page and the total that is in the account. It goes like this, I learned:

GoFundMe has a fee of 5% of every donation. Embedded in GoFundMe is WePay. This account is automatically made when a GoFundMe account is made. WePay fees are: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. As they say: "exactly like PayPal". I learned all this today, in answer to my question to Watson why there is a difference.

Today, Watson reports there is $2099.14 in the account. The amount shown on the dono page is: $2,285.00. I think it's too bad they don't display the actual amount.

Anyway, I better bust out a calculator and make sure it's all correct!

From today:

[​IMG]

11. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I got this too:

[​IMG]

12. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Yay, it happened! Thank you all so much, the many PMs, calls, e-mails, and the donations that made it possible for me to meet this challenge of acting quickly and successfully. I wish you could meet him, so you can see for yourself what a wonderful boy he is, and what this was all about.

Doctor Watson gave me the screenshot of the accounting page at the dono site. I removed all the names. I asked Watson to leave the $99 and change in the account, but it seems you cannot select what donations to transfer and which to leave; it's only able to transfer all. Here are the images:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I'm so glad you've got a good one, Anonycat!! Thanks so much for the update!

14. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

You are welcome! I needed to post the documentation of funds as soon as they were ready, that was a big thing for me from the outset. I have been getting asked for updates, and I do give them, personally. :)

Thank you for being so supportive and uplifting. It has meant a lot to me.