On journalists joining the Sea Org

TG1

Angelic Poster
You know, TG1, don't think I haven't thought about it!

Listening to you all, I've sometimes thought that maybe I could get the "best" that Scientology had to offer, maybe a few basics - take the knowledge and run before the "bad" stuff happens. A lot of people have talked about the Communications course helping them, even Jerry Seinfeld, I think.

Then there is the other piece that some people say, which is if you want to famous - Scientology has the keys to manipulate things and make your dreams come true.

Still, even if it could help, it would be like in those movies where someone sells his soul to the devil to get what he wants. Maybe you do get jobs and even get rich - but look at Travolta. I sometimes think he would love to leave the church and never look back - but he can't. Wright even says in the book, they took Jett off his medicine for his autism - hard to talk about Scientology being partly responsible for the death of his son.

I did try the staring exercise with a friend, we did it for 1/2 hour and it was awesome and trippy. He ended up kissing me and he's supposedly straight, but that's another story.

I'd trust taking the comm course it was offered by a squirrel, but I just can't deal with paying money to this group under COB, knowing where it is going and what he's doing.

I guess I'm just going to have to suck at communicating for awhile. Although I did flirt with an ashtray yesterday. I told her she was "smokin" hot.

Okay, sorry. That was awful.

I really was kidding.

TG1

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
I really was kidding.

TG1

Rather than going undercover, I think it would be more fun to walk into the org in an old journalists get up. You know the stuff they wore in movies to characterize them as a newspaper person. Bring along a photographer with an old box camera with a huge flash.

Now that would be something to write about.

But, being undercover? Why bother? There are hundreds here who have actually had the experience and conveyed it. If all you want is to write a story about the experience, you've got all the resources you need.

Better to take a new angle and be creative.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it would be more fun to walk into the org in an old journalists get up. You know the stuff they wore in movies to characterize them as a newspaper person.

Sounds like fun. How about dressed like a psychiatrist, Sigmund Freud style, complete with white coat? Or a cop? Or an FBI agent?

Seriously, I've toyed with the idea of rejoining the C of S (as a public) under a different name and doing all the things I didn't dare do before -- saying ethics is stupid in front of others, and so on. It would be fun, but the fun would last only a short while before I was thrown out.

Another idea is to use the name and address of someone I don't like. Take a few courses and let them be inundated with junk mail.

Just fooling around.

Helena