On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable.

From the Independent Scientology blog Possibly Helpful Advice. Despite the title that will be objectionable to some, the article has some good analysis.

On making the Purification Rundown safe and acceptable
http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=16802

Excerpt:
As a case supervisor for over fifteen years, I supervised Purifs for hundreds of preclears and staff. So I have some experience to base my comments on.

But I want to jump into the deep end of the pool with this: a page taken out of the 1995 church-issued publication called L. Ron Hubbard: A Profile. The page shows what the “church” claims are cocaine washout curves exhibited by two (only two) cocaine addicts on the a sauna-and-niacin detox treatment. It includes the “church’s” usual single-quote-taken-out-of-context to “prove” that the claims they’re about to make about the Purification are cast-in-stone uncontestable truth.

lrhaprofilepurif1.jpg

lrhaprofilepurif2.jpg

As you can see, the page purports to demonstrate that two patients on the Purification Rundown, both former heavy cocaine users, “washed out” cocaine residues from their bodies in urine and sweat while on the rundown.

The problem is that The Research Center for Dependency Disorders and Chronic Pain has not published their findings, other than these few graphs, and without the raw data from the Center, even the accuracy of the graphs can be questioned.

The apparency is that the Center did some kind of study that included a niacin/sauna regimen, but there appears that the Center performed no study that tried to establish the scientific and medical safety and efficacy of the rundown as written in HCOBs.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
As a skeptic, I feel obliged to point something out about purification regimens of any sort:

1) They can be dangerous.
2) They can do no good.
3) They actually reduce toxin removal.

Why do I say this? The majority of handling/removal of toxins is done by the kidneys and the liver. A very small percentage is done by the skin.

These sweaty purification regimens, of which Scientology is only one, leave people dehydrated. This reduces the ability of the kidney to remove toxins. Because very little toxins escape in the skin, and far more toxins would have been removed if the kidney had enough water, there is a net reduction in toxin removal.

Additionally, if people are pushed enough on these regimens, they can die of dehydration. Opera Winfrey once promoted a sweat shop which had an incident where 3 people died.

Be very weary of uncertified medicine of any sort. Be especially weary of any uncertified medicine which involves saunas.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I myself have been removed form the purif by a $cientology doctor - very ill and dehydrated after about 30 days!
What a retard I have been to think it could free me from toxins and be allow to buy , then, my eternity and sacred knowledge!
:nervous:

Some other I knew, had also been ill on the purif!

The watch on the purif is done by any ''anybody'' put on this post without any knowledge or competence!

There is other ways to get the body rid of toxins, gently, without such risk to health

(anyway - this whole purif BS comes form a doctor's and Adele Davis writtings. Another ''tech'' LRH took from others and made a
scam of it!)

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
As a skeptic, I feel obliged to point something out about purification regimens of any sort:

1) They can be dangerous.
2) They can do no good.
3) They actually reduce toxin removal.

Why do I say this? The majority of handling/removal of toxins is done by the kidneys and the liver. A very small percentage is done by the skin.

These sweaty purification regimens, of which Scientology is only one, leave people dehydrated. This reduces the ability of the kidney to remove toxins. Because very little toxins escape in the skin, and far more toxins would have been removed if the kidney had enough water, there is a net reduction in toxin removal.

Additionally, if people are pushed enough on these regimens, they can die of dehydration. Opera Winfrey once promoted a sweat shop which had an incident where 3 people died.

Be very weary of uncertified medicine of any sort. Be especially weary of any uncertified medicine which involves saunas.

On top of that you are taking megadoses if vitamins. These compounds are processed by the liver, and at those doses they can overload the liver.

The purif can kill you. The only safe way to do it is not to.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I always drank at least a litre (2.1 pints) of water for every hour in the Purif. I was pissing pure vitamins! Maybe that's why I survived it?

Last edited:
All you have to do is take one look at L. Ron Hubbard to see he doesn't know dick about detoxing anyone.

It's like going to someone who drinks a liter of vodka a day for advise about quitting drinking.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
On top of that you are taking megadoses if vitamins. These compounds are processed by the liver, and at those doses they can overload the liver.

The purif can kill you. The only safe way to do it is not to.

Then how are we supposed to attain the Ideal Scene and be super-healthy and super-fit like Ron?

l-ron1.jpg

If we can't do the Purif, how do we become upstat? (see TWTH "Be of Good Appearance")

th

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
snip

If we can't do the Purif, how do we become upstat? (see TWTH "Be of Good Appearance")

th
[/INDENT]

Yeah!

Like in the way to hapiness:

1. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

1-1. Get care when you are ill. :unsure:

When they are ill, even with communicable diseases, people often do not isolate themselves or seek proper treatment. This, as you can easily see, tends to put you at risk. Insist when someone is ill that he or she takes the proper precautions and gets proper care.

1-2. Keep your body clean. :nervous:

People who do not bathe or wash their hands regularly, can carry germs. They put you at risk. You are well within your rights to insist that people bathe regularly and wash their hands. It is inevitable that one gets dirty working or exercising. Get them to clean up afterwards.

1-3. Preserve your teeth. :confused2:

If one brushed one’s teeth after every meal, it has been said that one would not suffer tooth decay. This, or chewing gum after each meal, goes far toward defending others from oral diseases and bad breath. Suggest to others that they preserve their teeth.

1-4. Eat properly. :melodramatic:

People who do not eat properly are not of much help to you or themselves. They tend to have a low energy level. They are sometimes ill­-tempered. They become ill more easily. It doesn’t require strange diets to eat properly but it does require that one eats nourishing food regularly.

1-5. Get rest.
:grouch:

Although many times in life one has to work beyond normal sleep periods, a person’s general failure to get proper rest can make him or her a burden to others. Tired people are not alert. They can make mistakes. They have accidents. Just when you need them they can dump the whole workload on one. They put others at risk. Insist that people who do not get proper rest do so.

:violin::violin::violin:

To LRH

529f5853ea63ca1194812f232ab148dd-300x225.gif

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It's off topic,

But while I re-read this part of WTH

I just realized that this part being about taking care of ourselve is all about ''others''

How about , not taking care of ourselve, can make ourselve a problem for others :duh:

I thaught that taking care of ourselve was, first of all, a personnal issue of being healthy, feeling good and resulting in being much happier :duh:

To LRH - who succed to make ''feeling good about yourself''
a ''greatest good for the group'' issue !

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yeah!

Like in the way to hapiness:

1. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

1-1. Get care when you are ill. :unsure:

When they are ill, even with communicable diseases, people often do not isolate themselves or seek proper treatment. This, as you can easily see, tends to put you at risk. Insist when someone is ill that he or she takes the proper precautions and gets proper care.

1-2. Keep your body clean. :nervous:

People who do not bathe or wash their hands regularly, can carry germs. They put you at risk. You are well within your rights to insist that people bathe regularly and wash their hands. It is inevitable that one gets dirty working or exercising. Get them to clean up afterwards.

1-3. Preserve your teeth. :confused2:

If one brushed one’s teeth after every meal, it has been said that one would not suffer tooth decay. This, or chewing gum after each meal, goes far toward defending others from oral diseases and bad breath. Suggest to others that they preserve their teeth.

1-4. Eat properly. :melodramatic:

People who do not eat properly are not of much help to you or themselves. They tend to have a low energy level. They are sometimes ill­-tempered. They become ill more easily. It doesn’t require strange diets to eat properly but it does require that one eats nourishing food regularly.

1-5. Get rest.
:grouch:

Although many times in life one has to work beyond normal sleep periods, a person’s general failure to get proper rest can make him or her a burden to others. Tired people are not alert. They can make mistakes. They have accidents. Just when you need them they can dump the whole workload on one. They put others at risk. Insist that people who do not get proper rest do so.

:violin::violin::violin:

To LRH

529f5853ea63ca1194812f232ab148dd-300x225.gif

LOLOLOLOLOL

("To LRH"): That last animated GIF is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on ESMB. It is virtually identical to one of those COS event films where they pan the first rows of super-upstats wildly applauding. LUVVV IT!!!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
When we saw it, from an exterior viewpoint, the first time,
this is when we shall have escaped :duh:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
One key flaw in the purif is that extreme amounts fiber is not part of the regimen for the sake of filtering and carrying out the toxins that are kicked into suspension only to be redeposited elsewhere after making you sick or high again. Normal amounts of veggies won't do it alone or the toxins wouldn't have been deposited to begin with.
Without toxin carrier agents the purif will only make a person sick again as it kick's what was safely tucked away in fat deposits into your system only to get redeposited somewhere else if it's not constantly toweled off while you are still sweating.
Getting your L-Glutathione level up by taking amino acid supplements such as N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is vital as a systemic detox agent as is Chlorella. Glutathione is the main toxin transport system for a body.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Glutathione---How-Does-it-Help-With-Detoxification?&id=2775923
You can also buy EDTA online and take it sublingually with a similar effect as the IV method of EDTA chelation for scouring out deeply seated lead, mercury , arsenic etc.
In fact just taking those over the years will clean one out without the need for the purif, even if it was designed correctly.
I've used these to clean my system out and it worked magic on what had become a fatty liver (NASH), it's no longer fatty. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
One key flaw in the purif is that fiber is not part of the regimen for the sake of filtering and carrying out the toxins that are kicked into suspension only to be redeposited elsewhere after making you sick or high again.
Without such a toxin carrier agent the purif will only make a person sick again as it kick's what was safely tucked away in fat deposits into your system only to get redeposited somewhere else if it's not constantly toweled off while you are still sweating.
Getting your L-Glutathione level up by taking amino acid supplements such as N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is vital as a systemic detox agent as is Chlorella.
In fact just taking those over the years will clean one out without the need for the purif, even if it was designed correctly.
thumbsup2.gif

What about all those vegetables you're supposed to eat? Lotsa fibre/fiber there. I ate more veggies on the Purif than I ever had prior to that point. I kept it up for a long time afterwards but... you know how it goes. LOL

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
What about all those vegetables you're supposed to eat? Lotsa fibre/fiber there. I ate more veggies on the Purif than I ever had prior to that point. I kept it up for a long time afterwards but... you know how it goes. LOL

Yes any vegetable source of fiber is good. Of course organic veggies would be the ticket or you're just taking in more organophosphates, the nerve toxin that's in insectcides and herbicides. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organophosphate
I just saw somewhere that strawberries are one of the best pound for pound sources of fiber being that their seeds are on the outside and the plant has to build fibers to carry the nutrients from the berries core to the outside of the fruit.

JGB

Patron
I have done 3 purifs and have had many wins on each one. This program worked for me. If I could I would do the purif program every other year just because when I am done I feel so damn CLEAN and ALERT. :happydance:

The purif is safe as long as one uses common sense. Hell the fist time I was in the sauna I coul only stay in 15 minutes at a time. I would go take a cool shower and then get back in there. Yes it was not easy but it was well worth it. By the time I was done I could stay in the sauna 5 hours straight. I always had plenty of water, salt, and hylands bio-plasma cell salts. I did run out weed, heroin, pcp, lsd, amphetamines, etc. etc.

The medical establishment is agreeing that the body stores toxins in fat cells. I guess Ron the con man got it right and I am glad he did.

We live in an environment steeped in chemicals that our bodies were not designed to process. For a disturbing look at the chemicals that breach the boundaries of our bodies, look no further than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals . In the latest report, scientists at the CDC found that nearly every person they tested was packing a host of nasty chemicals, including flame retardants stored in fatty tissue and Bisphenol A, a hormone-like substance found in plastics, excreted in urine. (2) Even babies are contaminated. The average newborn has 287 chemicals in her umbilical cord blood, 217 of which are neurotoxic (poisonous to nerves or nerve cells). (3

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/detox-tips_b_1289488.html

Mystic

Crusader
I have done 3 purifs and have had many wins on each one. This program worked for me. If I could I would do the purif program every other year just because when I am done I feel so damn CLEAN and ALERT. :happydance:

The purif is safe as long as one uses common sense. Hell the fist time I was in the sauna I coul only stay in 15 minutes at a time. I would go take a cool shower and then get back in there. Yes it was not easy but it was well worth it. By the time I was done I could stay in the sauna 5 hours straight. I always had plenty of water, salt, and hylands bio-plasma cell salts. I did run out weed, heroin, pcp, lsd, amphetamines, etc. etc.

The medical establishment is agreeing that the body stores toxins in fat cells. I guess Ron the con man got it right and I am glad he did.

We live in an environment steeped in chemicals that our bodies were not designed to process. For a disturbing look at the chemicals that breach the boundaries of our bodies, look no further than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals . In the latest report, scientists at the CDC found that nearly every person they tested was packing a host of nasty chemicals, including flame retardants stored in fatty tissue and Bisphenol A, a hormone-like substance found in plastics, excreted in urine. (2) Even babies are contaminated. The average newborn has 287 chemicals in her umbilical cord blood, 217 of which are neurotoxic (poisonous to nerves or nerve cells). (3

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/detox-tips_b_1289488.html

"Win": that which convinces a person scientology works...(to his/her eventual detriment, of course)