On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

shanic89

Patron Meritorious
Wow.

The response to someone saying the Purif worked for them is EXACTLY the reason I don't participate more often.

If someone doesn't think EXACTLY like others here they get trashed. Do you folks realize that you sound EXACTLY like the Scios on the phone with their "You read the Internet? You are suppressive!" nonsense?

Well - the Purif worked for me. Both times.

Now then, having said that, I give you permission to hate on me, just don't expect me to take part in your little games.

In fact, I am now going to look for that handy-dandy Ignore function.

TTFN :)

It is not that people here are saying that nothing in the purif works; it is people saying that it does not function in the manner described. On top of that, posters are not pontificating like scios do, which is believe what I say and do not attempt to verify what I say or else.

Many studies that have been replicated and are provable through scientific means have proven that almost all of the purif is bullshit. Sure sitting in a sauna may make you feel better, taking vitamins when your diet is inadequate will be beneficial ok yes I will give you that much. But the clams of the purif running out LSD after ten years and other such claims are farcical. When someone says a product works but then refuses to provide any evidence, except to continually say it does in the face of well reported and documented evidence to the contrary, well what does one expect?

Terril park

Sponsor
Wow.

The response to someone saying the Purif worked for them is EXACTLY the reason I don't participate more often.

If someone doesn't think EXACTLY like others here they get trashed. Do you folks realize that you sound EXACTLY like the Scios on the phone with their "You read the Internet? You are suppressive!" nonsense?

Now then, having said that, I give you permission to hate on me, just don't expect me to take part in your little games.

To add, the purif worked for me both times also.

Why? Don't have enough knowledge to evaluate.

Further I only met one person who got no gain on
the purif. Thats several decades worth.

I have heard from a reliable source that Amino Acids were
rejected because of expense. A mistake IMO.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You can spend 5 grand to have some jerk wads put you through their deluded version of ancient sweat lodge therapy or buy your own nice clean never used before sauna for under 1 grand then spend a couple of hours on the internet researching the best method for you to use. Add in a couple hundred bucks worth of nutrients and fiber and sauna your ass off for the rest of your long life to come.
http://www.amazon.com/Radiant-Sauna...qid=1395881334&sr=8-3&keywords=infrared+sauna :coolwink:

Gib

Crusader
Overall I tend to agree with you. Although I think a 3 way clinical test would flush out the toxic pseudo science, I am not sure I can see taking the risk of including the Purif.

A simpler clinical study comparing a persons normal history diet exercise and water intake and feeling of well being and condition of say the previous 6 months to one with a standardized recommended diet and exercise and water I believe would meet or exceed the results of a purif. I base this on very limited data but I cannot say I noticed any improvement whatsoever from the purif of I think 17 days, yet some years later I did notice a definite improvement by re-establishing a more balanced diet more water and return to at least a mildly active exercise level. I believe those are the key factors and the rest is miss-attributed 'wins'. Oh the later improvements I had did not included any appreciable 'sweat-outs, yet the benefits were strongly noticed.

1. The first suggestion to scientologists is that the purif runs out toxins stored in fatty tissues. A suggestion, theres another word for that.

2. I believe a proper study would include something like this:

A. Having a person read all of hubbards on the results & theory of the purif. Then they do the purif.
B. Having a person no read hubbard, and he does the purif.
C. Having a person read hubbard, then do the purif but do not use vitamins but use sugar pills, the placedo.
D. Have a person just just do the sauna & exercise.
E. Have a person just stop using drugs.

Then compare all the results.

The problem with the study in the OP is that it doesn't provide any comparison data.

And lets not forget after the scientology purif, why there is the scientology drug rundown, and NED drug rundown, and then OT drug rundown. That hubbard sure had an out for everything on why his shit no work. :yes:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Then how are we supposed to attain the Ideal Scene and be super-healthy and super-fit like Ron?
l-ron1.jpg

If we can't do the Purif, how do we become upstat? (see TWTH "Be of Good Appearance")

th

God this is funny HH - why don't they post these pictures in the purif and see how many people do it!

My take on the Purif - stay away from anything L Ron Hubbard suggests to do and find help else where! Your body will help you more than a pill popping, rum drinking, bat shit crazy cult founder!

I bet David Miscavige is not re-doing his purif. He figured out how to stay somewhat healthy - excercise (even though the rest of the slaves don't get any), the best foods prepared by Chefs, lots of MEST and an unlimited bank account to play dictator with. He drinks Scotch every night so he has not figured out how to KEY OUT of his reactive mind...and that will take him down fast!

Isme

Patron with Honors
And lets not forget after the scientology purif, why there is the scientology drug rundown, and NED drug rundown, and then OT drug rundown. That hubbard sure had an out for everything on why his shit no work. :yes:

Idk, I didn't believe I should have been put on the Scientology Drug Rundown as there is still an unhandled Clear origination of mine, but well, ... I found it faintly interesting. Something I ran about pig people, a drug similar to cocaine and folks that wanted to enslave a planet. :::shrug:::

But then I got to say I LOVED cocaine! LOL! :dancer:

Best part of what was otherwise, imho, a wasted block of time and money.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

You should lurk more.

The "hater" refrain has played out on the internet. Much like calling people "Communists", "Psychs", "SPs" or "Defrocked Apostates" did in the COS (Crimewave of Scientology).

Can't you be a little more creative than that and come up with something original that is not a threadbare platitude?

HH gonna H.

Gib

Crusader
Meet Bob, if Bob was smart enough to create a religion, Bob wouldn't be getting his butthole reamed right now while he serves his 10 year prison sentence for fraud.

Hubbard could have sales pitched the purif did wonders for the "size matters enhancement" for males,
and possibly something else for the women, I can't think of anything off the cuff.

This would have boosted sales big time. :roflmao:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow.

And "partaking in the deed" worked for me. Every single time.

But I don't see anyone calling me out on it so I guess everyone else thinks exactly the same on this matter.

I just hope nobody tries to debunk "partaking in the deed" with some statement such as "well if it worked then you must have been sweating a lot while partaking in the deed and all the toxins got out of your system".

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
To add, the purif worked for me both times also.

Why? Don't have enough knowledge to evaluate.

Further I only met one person who got no gain on
the purif. Thats several decades worth.

I have heard from a reliable source that Amino Acids were
rejected because of expense. A mistake IMO.

Terril,

If associating with me on line is considered meeting me then make that two people that got no gain out of it.

As I mentioned before I was in top physical conidtion at the time that I did purf

I wish to add that there were many time while "partaking in the deed" that I was also in top physical condition and "partaking in the deed" worked for me despite already being in top physiacl conistion.

I think people should do less purfs and more "partaking in the deeds"

Rd00

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry I don't meet your standard of hatred for Ron. The Purif worked well for me.
I love the whole Scientological "it worked!" thing.

Define "worked".

Did you get tested for "toxins" before and after the Purif and "worked" means the tests showed a drastic reduction in the toxins in your body?

Or does "worked" mean that you "felt better" at one point and attributed it to the Purif?

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril,

If associating with me on line is considered meeting me then make that two people that got no gain out of it.

As I mentioned before I was in top physical conidtion at the time that I did purf

I wish to add that there were many time while "partaking in the deed" that I was also in top physical condition and "partaking in the deed" worked for me despite already being in top physiacl conistion.

I think people should do less purfs and more "partaking in the deeds"

Rd00

Well I only did 2. Partaking in the deed? Lost count decades ago.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow.

Isme, if thinking a demand for evidence is getting trashed, then maybe you are not prepared to participate on a public message board.

There is abundant biochemical and clinical evidence that the individual components of the Purif are dangerous. No one, to my knowledge, has seriously looked at studying them together, because no institutional review board worth its salt would approve of such a human study.

I have no doubt you felt better after the Purif. I generally feel better after after exercise, and I partake in a sauna and hot springs now and then (WITH ADEQUATE HYDRATION) - I do frequent the far East, and such things are common, there.

But the massive overdose of vitamins in the Purif, especially combined with a sauna regimen where those managing the subjects are not trained to detect the effects of dehydration (see the stories here from some who DID get sick on the Purif - classic dehydration and Niacin overdose symptoms) show the dangers that you, luckily, missed.

Your vague term "work" means nothing in a medical context. The placebo effect is real. There is no biochemical rationale, and in fact the one put forward by Hubbard has been demonstrated to be false.

Advocating for the Purif based on your feeling of "win" is like advocating for riding a motorcycle without a helmet because you like the feel of the breeze in your hair. Sure, you might get away with it. Many times. But that does not mean there is not an elevated risk of injury, and certainly does not mean that it's safe for someone who has other problems - no one checks renal or hepatic function before starting the Purif, and IMO, if someone dies on it, that makes for a case of negligent homicide.

Last edited:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just reached the end of page 4.. :duh: I am so frustrated by this..
I really hope you all teach me in the next 6 pages how to deal with this delusion.. This is twilight zone nuttery with a little LRH hero worship mixed in.. Yeah, no trolling here :eyeroll: