On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just reached the end of page 4.. :duh: I am so frustrated by this..
I really hope you all teach me in the next 6 pages how to deal with this delusion.. This is twilight zone nuttery with a little LRH hero worship mixed in.. Yeah, no trolling here :eyeroll:

Miss Wog, I am an expert in drug metabolism, and I don't know how to deal with this delusion. So I would not hold my breath.

One problem is that the rationale is just so ... stupid ... that no one worth a tinker's damn in medicine would undertake a study.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Miss Wog, I am an expert in drug metabolism, and I don't know how to deal with this delusion. So I would not hold my breath.

One problem is that the rationale is just so ... stupid ... that no one worth a tinker's damn in medicine would undertake a study.

Hey you can tell me all you want to that the Purf didn't work for me and I won't debate that issue with you.

But no way in hell can you tell me that "partaking in the deed" didn't work for me.

It worked for me and that is final.

Rd00

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, I learned we have a few more [strike]trolls[/strike] members here complaining about their treatment when they "dare to go against the majority opinion".. Cry me a river... Answer a question instead of bitching!

These same complainers don't answer one post with actual facts. I bet my post here gets a response before anything Udarnik wrote tearing up their bullshit claims.

looker

Patron Meritorious
When I did the Purif, the Purif In Charge bought the absolute cheapest supplements he could find. So I bought my own. I didn't Overdose I listened to my body and didn't always go back in the Sauna right away. I cooled down If I felt a little queasy I took time off and drank some peach nectar and toast then resumed the routine when I felt normal.

I wasn't closely supervised since I lived so far from the org. Thank goodness. Part of the Purif deal was If one felt some somatic turn on they were supposed to do an interview and get some auditing. I and others thought that was part of the $1700 for the purif. But what happened was with stat pushes, the Purif IC guy said the way out is the way through and one had to buy hours if they wanted Purif auditing. So there were some people not so gung ho about it and getting faint and nauseous. Of course the ills they felt were all attributed to drugs blowing off. Sheesh!

After 4 weeks of Sauna and exercise 3 hrs nearly every day. I felt pretty good. Of course I cheated I used Lecithin as part of my Oil intake. Walnut or All-Oil made my stomach queasy. Lethicin creates a fat emulsifier for liver fats to flush and also is a brain food.

At the org there was lots of discussion though about Niacin being a vassal dilator thats why it turned the skin beet red and itched like crazy. After a few days the body actually tolerated it and the flush went away.

Remember the BS about the Niacin flush running out Sun Burns and Nuclear radiation? Also in the rumor line was the capillaries dilating plus the heat and the oil was presumed to act like a natural roto rooter and get the cholesterol and melted toxic fats out, Which Lecithin may actually do. Dr Oz says purple Grape juice and Kiwi are natural vessel roto rooters, Both have some Niacin. :)

As for the Adel Davis reference as she being the source I had never heard that. Not saying its wrong just never heard it.

I did read somewhere that some pubic Dr was on lines, and recommended running and B vites and a nice sauna afterwards to fight stress and boost well being. He said he just thought it was a good way to live. It caught on at the org and people had good success.

The Dr was so surprised when Hubbard came out with the Dr's vitamin/exercise/sauna regimen that was way over blown and offered it as a saleable "vital" product for drug detox. Thats what I remember reading anyway.

In my opinion thats what Hubbard did a lot. Take someone elses idea that shows some common sense benefit, steal it, add some Scientological exaggerated overblown whole track space opera sales shit to it, hype it, hang a check sheet on it, and make it mandatory.

edit: A little old guy rambling for additional color. BTW: During the time the purif came out, a lot of org public were entering or already into the health craze. They were reading as I faintly recall Dr. Henry Bieler "Food is your Best Medicin" Jim Fix book on Running and of course Adel Davis.

CalMag was also part of my Purif when I did it but I'm not sure who originated it other than Peter Gillham used to have a vitamin shop across from the new Celebrity Center in the 70s that sold bags of Calcium and bags of magnesium powder. It was next to, what was it called Dollar Bill's sandwich shop I think. I think Dollar Bill's made CalMag and various teas. There were a bunch of rabid health conscious Scientologists worked there for extra cash and better food. :)

Last edited:

MissWog

These claims of strychnine in LSD are as dumb as heroine in ecstasy. Take a moment and go read Erowid..some of us on this message board know about drugs and like them :whistling:
Everything in moderation and all that :p

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
These claims of strychnine in LSD are as dumb as heroine in ecstasy. Take a moment and go read Erowid..some of us on this message board know about drugs and like them :whistling:

Yes, Erowid has a good page on the strychnine myth.

The LD50 of strychnine is about 1 mg per kg, so if you weigh 150lbs (~70kg), you have a 50 / 50 chance of dying with a 70 mg dose. Toxic effects such as vomiting occur at much lower doses. Most tabs of acid back in the 60s were about half that LD50 in weight. Any appreciable strychnine in the binder of the pills or blotters would have made people vomit right away. If the LSD itself, and not the excipients, were cut with strychnine, then we are talking micrograms, and unlike LSD, strychnine is not potent at that dose.

Half of a strychnine dose is eliminated within 10 hours (the elimination half life), and 5 - 15% of excretion is unchanged through the kidneys. If you know anything about drug kinetics and metabolism, this tells you it's appreciably water soluble, and not likely to be one of those rare substances such as THC that sequester into fat cells.

One thing to add. All those people enamored of Chinese Herbal Medicine - get it direct from an herbalist who collects his / her own stuff. One problem that is not a myth is that unscrupulous Chinese herbal manufacturers cut their white powders with lead salts to increase the weight, and add actual synthetic drugs from Big Pharma to increase the bang in their herbs.

Big Pharma's products are inspected by the FDA. Regularly.

Just sayin'.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Strychnine in LSD is not that far off the mark - it's a natural by-product in certain parts of plants used to make "natural" LSD. Go ask a friendly chemist in you neighborhood to find out more. :) [*]

Heroine in extasy is complete bullshit - why would one make his products more expensive than they already are?

:cheers:, MrN (not a chemist)

EDIT
* from a German source: http://www.drogenring.org/lsd/lsdchem.htm
[Doch LSD-25 ist nur eine Substanz aus einer sehr großen Gruppe von Chemikalien, von denen einige psychoaktiv wirken, den Lysergsäureamiden. Die wohl populärste Pflanze mit einem solchen Inhaltsstoff sind wohl die amerikanische Morning Glory, oder Himmelblaue Trichterwinde (Ipomoea violacea)und die Baby Hawaiian Woodrose (Argyreia nervosa), letztere enthält pro Samenkapsel 4 Samen, die eine normale Dosis darstellen. Diese Samen haben auch ein weißes Häutchen, welches vor dem Zermahlen für den Verzehr zu entfernen ist, da sich darin eine strychninartige Substanz befinden soll, die unangenehme Nebeneffekte erzeugt.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Regarding purif....One is first educated that there is drug residue in the body. And that it will turn on. One knows what drugs one has taken. So not to surprising if one waits and figures figured while sitting in sauna.. Gee, is that a drug running out? It is predisposed. Hell, saunas have been around for thousands of years..... Sure many like them. But IMO it is just another example of Hubbard copying others practices. AND a prerequisite and money maker for bridge services.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Then how are we supposed to attain the Ideal Scene and be super-healthy and super-fit like Ron?
l-ron1.jpg

If we can't do the Purif, how do we become upstat? (see TWTH "Be of Good Appearance")

th

This guy is the sorriest ass'd POS I've ever seen! Could he even speak at this point or did he only drool and slobber? No wonder he was kept hidden away from the public's eyes as one look at him instantly discredited all of Scientology!:omg:

Leland

Crusader
This guy is the sorriest ass'd POS I've ever seen! Could he even speak at this point or did he only drool and slobber? No wonder he was kept hidden away from the public's eyes as one look at him instantly discredited all of Scientology!:omg:

I know somewhat better now why SO staff at ASHO had worn out cloths, worn out shoes. Food stains on their cloths. Some AOLA staff had a better appearance . I suppose some there had a bit more money......or were in closer contact with ( not on service) public and were expected to look a bit sharper. But generally speaking, most had somewhat shabby, worn out clothing.

JGB

Patron
When I did the Purif, the Purif In Charge bought the absolute cheapest supplements he could find. So I bought my own. I didn't Overdose I listened to my body and didn't always go back in the Sauna right away. I cooled down If I felt a little queasy I took time off and drank some peach nectar and toast then resumed the routine when I felt normal.

I wasn't closely supervised since I lived so far from the org. Thank goodness. Part of the Purif deal was If one felt some somatic turn on they were supposed to do an interview and get some auditing. I and others thought that was part of the $1700 for the purif. But what happened was with stat pushes, the Purif IC guy said the way out is the way through and one had to buy hours if they wanted Purif auditing. So there were some people not so gung ho about it and getting faint and nauseous. Of course the ills they felt were all attributed to drugs blowing off. Sheesh!

After 4 weeks of Sauna and exercise 3 hrs nearly every day. I felt pretty good. Of course I cheated I used Lecithin as part of my Oil intake. Walnut or All-Oil made my stomach queasy. Lethicin creates a fat emulsifier for liver fats to flush and also is a brain food.

:)

When was there Purif auditing? When I did the Purif there was no data on Purif auditing. Sounds like they were really hitting hard for extra money.

JustSheila

Crusader
When was there Purif auditing? When I did the Purif there was no data on Purif auditing. Sounds like they were really hitting hard for extra money.

A D of P interview is sometimes scheduled to see if a person completed, was overrun, etc. I used to do these. That was always part of the Purif. Sometimes auditing is scheduled if there is an overrun or other problems.

The oil intake on the Purif is absolutely ridiculous. The entire concept of swallowing oil as a replacement is destructive. Oil blocks digestion and creates a lot of work for the skin and other glands and organs. It is also mostly empty calories. A nutrition-based diet that would replace what is lost in the sweat with proper proteins and carbs would make far more sense.

JGB

Patron

First vitamins, minerals etc., are not medicine! It is food. I have not seen, read, or hear of anybody getting sick or die from vitamins. But so many illnesses and deaths caused by pharmaceuticals.

http://naturalsociety.com/drug-deaths-now-outnumber-traffic-fatalities-in-us/

http://medicinekillsmillions.com/

Since medicine is so scientific tell me why is there so much pharmaceutical waste in our water supply?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23503485/.../t/pharmaceuticals-lurking-us-drinking-water/

http://www.alternet.org/story/59305...ply_are_causing_bizarre_mutations_to_wildlife

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love the whole Scientological "it worked!" thing.

Define "worked".

Did you get tested for "toxins" before and after the Purif and "worked" means the tests showed a drastic reduction in the toxins in your body?

Or does "worked" mean that you "felt better" at one point and attributed it to the Purif?
Actually, that was not intended as a criticism. I really want to know what criteria you used to determine the Purif "worked". Seriously.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Strychnine in LSD is not that far off the mark - it's a natural by-product in certain parts of plants used to make "natural" LSD. Go ask a friendly chemist in you neighborhood to find out more. :)
[*]

Heroine in extasy is complete bullshit - why would one make his products more expensive than they already are?

:cheers:, MrN (not a chemist)

EDIT
* from a German source: http://www.drogenring.org/lsd/lsdchem.htm

I don't know much about this synthesis, but there seems to be some dispute at Erowid about the best alkaloid sources.

I think you've hit on the source of the legend, though. Someone heard that Hawaiian Woodrose seeds were a possible precursor, then heard about the poison in them (which is not exactly strychnine, but close enough for Urban Legend work) and there you have it.

One source on Erowid had an interesting paragraph:

LSD commonly is produced from lysergic acid, which is made from ergotamine tartrate, a substance derived from an ergot fungus on rye, or from lysergic acid amide, a chemical found in morning glory seeds. Although theoretically possible, manufacture of LSD from morning glory seeds is not economically feasible and these seeds never have been found to be a successful starting material for LSD production. Lysergic acid and lysergic acid amide are both classified in Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act. Ergotamine tartrate is regulated under the Chemical Diversion and Trafficking Act.

The strychnine-like alkaloid would be left behind in the extraction and synthesis process, and any trace amounts that got though would be in the sub-microgram range, not enough to cause any problems.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
First vitamins, minerals etc., are not medicine! It is food. I have not seen, read, or hear of anybody getting sick or die from vitamins. But so many illnesses and deaths caused by pharmaceuticals.

Since medicine is so scientific tell me why is there so much pharmaceutical waste in our water supply?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23503485/.../t/pharmaceuticals-lurking-us-drinking-water/

http://www.alternet.org/story/59305...ply_are_causing_bizarre_mutations_to_wildlife

why is there so much pharmaceutical waste in our water supply? Ron's urine trickled its way into our water supply when it should have been handled by haz mat crews. I'll bet he even pissed over the side of the ships causing hemisheric oceanic destruction of an unprecedented scale!

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

WTF does the presence of trace pharmaceuticals in the water supply have to do with anything?

Oh, right, it doesn't.

Vitamins ARE NOT FOOD.

They are found in food.

Extracting any part of a plant and concentrating it removes it from the food category.

How many times do I have to repeat this? The difference between a medicine and a poison is the DOSE!

There are tiny traces of cyanide in almonds. Try extracting that and selling it as a supplement.

As for deaths on Vitamins, while rare (there can't be that many $cientologists taking the Purif each year :hysterical:), in life, as in ESM, you should LURK MOAR.

About a decade ago India had a problem with Vitamin A used in pediatric health clinics. In 2012, there was at least one confirmed death from a B-Complex vitamin (I wonder if that awas a $cientologist?). And that's ignoring the fact that most victims of vitamin poisoning don't die, they just lose much of their liver function. Not a fun way to go through life.

Keep on riding that motorcycle without a helmet. Somewhere, someone can use your organs when you wipe out.

MissWog

-snip-.
Somewhere, someone can use your organs when you wipe out.
well, maybe not the liver -- badabum tsch

this would be so much more interesting if any of you folks could actually back the Purif up with some empirical data to support your argument. Otherwise it is just dangerously wishful thinking but I understand it is hard to accept you were lied too and bought into the fraud.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
General Commentary;

Try not to get too frustrated with people who can't (or won't) answer the "what worked? or how/why it worked?" question. The simple truth is that they probably don't know the answers to those questions. The only "answers" they have for these questions are the scientological ones they've been taught or learned from the Hubbard materials.

In my humble opinion, aside from the obvious benefits of exercise and routine, it worked for some people because they Believed that it worked for them. The same may be said of much that is found to be workable in scientology.

Belief in the efficacy of a thing is sometimes a powerful agent of change, the Mind is a marvelous thing. :)