What's new

On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the above quote you said LSD, heroin, speed, weed, tranquilizers, stayed in your system for over ten years. My god you are a medical marvel, or you have no clue how the body functions. There is the possibility you are just plain lying. Can you please provide a link to a medical study, one where the persons actually hold medical degrees and don't mind pair reviews, to show that these drugs stay in the human system for that long.

Shanic, try the links in this post for starters.

The pharmacokinetics and solubility profile of LSD make fat sequestration a ludicrous proposition.

Flashbacks are likely due to the distinct neurology of those who experience them.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
My first reaction to OP was to look for something called 'Control Group'. So far I haven't found it (which might only mean I haven't looked far enough) but it is worth stressing anyway.

Without one or more control groups the graphs are meaningless. People left to their own devices (the control group) might do just as well with no treatment, or even do better. Who is to know from a single result?

The point is that fat has a very low throughput of blood and a very low metabolic rate, as most of us know. Sitting in a sauna makes you hot and has other benefits (Hubbard did not invent the sauna, LOL) but it doesn't budge fat. That would be too easy.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
My first reaction to OP is to look for something called 'Control Group'. Without one or more control groups the graphs are meaningless.
People left to their own devices might do just as well with no treatment, or even do better; who is to know?

The point is that fat has a very low throughput of blood and a very low metabolic rate, as most of us know. Sitting in a sauna makes you hot and has other benefits (Hubbard did not invent the sauna, LOL) but it doesn't budge fat.

Most of the weight you lose in such a regimen is water weight from lean tissue. The whole rationale is idiotic.

secretiveoldfag

In the above quote you said LSD, heroin, speed, weed, tranquilizers, stayed in your system for over ten years. My god you are a medical marvel, or you have no clue how the body functions. There is the possibility you are just plain lying. Can you please provide a link to a medical study, one where the persons actually hold medical degrees and don't mind pair reviews, to show that these drugs stay in the human system for that long.

THIS^^ but this process (the basis of scientific research) is usually known as a PEER review, which is review by one's peers or people of equal experience and authority.

Hubbard was peerless - he had no equal - and his 'research' results are science fiction.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some links in lay language. First, from a dermatologist.

Money quote:

The primary ingredient in sweat is pure water. The water evaporates from your skin, cooling you. Excess sweating doesn’t eliminate excess salt or help hangovers. By forcing your body to copiously perspire, you’re only forcing your kidneys to save water (and ironically actual toxins) elsewhere. The water that ends up in the towel on the floor is the precious water you needed to stay hydrated, not a puddle of poison.

Next from the LA Times:

The bottom line: Sweat does contain trace amounts of toxins, says Dr. Dee Anna Glaser, a professor of dermatology at St. Louis University and founding member of the International Hyperhidrosis Society, a medical group dedicated to the study and treatment of heavy sweating.

But, Glaser, adds, in the big picture, sweat has only one function: Cooling you down when you overheat. "Sweating for the sake of sweating has no benefits," she says. "Sweating heavily is not going to release a lot of toxins."

In fact, Glaser says, heavy sweating can impair your body's natural detoxification system. As she explains, the liver and kidneys -- not the sweat glands -- are the organs we count on to filter toxins from our blood. If you don't drink enough water to compensate for a good sweat, dehydration could stress the kidneys and keep them from doing their job. "If you're not careful, heavy sweating can be a bad thing," she says.

The glands that secrete sweat just are not set up to filter toxins. If they did, a lot of good stuff would get lost in that route, and perhaps bad stuff get in that way, too. It just doesn't make evolutionary sense.

On the other hand, heavy metal ions are pretty small and very water soluble. That is the one class of toxin that does seem to be eliminated through sweat to any appreciable degree. But if your liver and kidneys are so overloaded with heavy metals that you need the additional detox from sweating to catch up, you will know it.

Because buzzards will be circling you every time you walk out the door.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
He did give the North American Indians credit and also the Northern Europeans. What he added was niacin, vitamins, and all blend oil to it. Funny how medical science didn't come up with it but a flim flam man did. Funny how medical science hasn't found a cure for cancer but trillions of dollars has been spent looking for a cure.

Dox plox or he didn't give anyone credit.

Rd00

Student of Trinity

This Forest Tennant guy seems to be a real doctor, all right; but a bit odd. According to Wikipedia, he was a military doctor in the Vietnam era who later took a doctorate in public health. His main career has been in pushing narcotics: he has been a public advocate for powerful narcotics in pain management, and he has been running methadone clinics. It all sounds quite respectable, but rather against the grain of Scientology. He was part of a panel that wrote a damning report on a Narconon center in California in the 1970's. And yet he was on the scientific advisory board of Narconon for many years, until sometime around 2000, and I presume he really did write that odd endorsement of Hubbard in the OP. Is he sincere? Incompetent? Bought? I can't tell.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I challenge any former pot smoker who buys this Ron speak to go to the Dollar General store and purchase the THC test strips and test yourself before, during and after the purif to see if at any point you get a positive THC test result.
Even for former daily smokers, they'll pass the test in no more than 90 days.
Oh, you were "running out marijuana"?
See if it even shows up in your system so many weeks and months later.
Nothing like hard science to dispel such mumble mouthed mythology...

The only wins you had on the Purif were escaping from such a risky, benefit-less activity unscathed.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the PURIF works and it worked well. I quit doing drugs 10 years before I did my first purif. My first week was rough but on the 4th day I started to run out LSD. How do I know. Well that was the only drug that made me see trails! That lasted for two days and then was gone. I also know that I ran out heroin, speed, weed, tranquilizers, insecticide, & pesticide.

I guess I'm a lucky one being unscathed by such an unworkable program. And all my friends are lucky too. GLTU
[/QUOTE]

I challenge any former pot smoker who buys this Ron speak to go to the Dollar General store and purchase the THC test strips and test yourself before, during and after the purif to see if at any point you get a positive THC test result.
Even for former daily smokers, they'll pass the test in no more than 90 days.
Oh, you were "running out marijuana"?
See if it even shows up in your system so many weeks and months later.
Nothing like hard science to dispel such mumble mouthed mythology...

Last edited:

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
It's a very amusing song about Life on the Purif and the stomach-disturbing effects of Calmag. It was written by one of the Posters here, Miss Pert. :)

Ahhhh.......where can I find it? Looked on youtube but couldn't see it. I too have written a scifag based song, told from the first person who is a serene super being....... that was inspired by watching the Steve Fishman stuff......I hope to release that at some point.
:coolwink::coolwink:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Some links in lay language. First, from a dermatologist.

Money quote:

Next from the LA Times:

The glands that secrete sweat just are not set up to filter toxins. If they did, a lot of good stuff would get lost in that route, and perhaps bad stuff get in that way, too. It just doesn't make evolutionary sense.

On the other hand, heavy metal ions are pretty small and very water soluble. That is the one class of toxin that does seem to be eliminated through sweat to any appreciable degree. But if your liver and kidneys are so overloaded with heavy metals that you need the additional detox from sweating to catch up, you will know it.

Because buzzards will be circling you every time you walk out the door.

EDTA Chelation therapy beats the hell out of the purif.
http://www.ehow.com/about_5063457_edta-chelation-therapy.html
The liver needs your glutathione levels to be beefed up during detox.
You can take supplemental l-gutathione but as it is reportedly destroyed by stomach acid, the best way at this time is by taking supplemental L-cysteine NAC.

JGB

Patron
Shanic, try the links in this post for starters.

The pharmacokinetics and solubility profile of LSD make fat sequestration a ludicrous proposition.

Flashbacks are likely due to the distinct neurology of those who experience them.

I haven't had any LSD flashbacks since my first purif.:)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Ahhhh.......where can I find it? Looked on youtube but couldn't see it. I too have written a scifag based song, told from the first person who is a serene super being....... that was inspired by watching the Steve Fishman stuff......I hope to release that at some point.
:coolwink::coolwink:
It's never been recorded but is on my to-do list. Miss Pert published the lyric somewhere here on ESMB, I seem to recall. As soon as you read the lyric you get that old Blues Thing happening in your head, you'll know exactly how it goes. I have a scio-song called Madman On The Bridge, I gotta get that recorded some day soon.

The Sloth

Patron with Honors
It's never been recorded but is on my to-do list. Miss Pert published the lyric somewhere here on ESMB, I seem to recall. As soon as you read the lyric you get that old Blues Thing happening in your head, you'll know exactly how it goes. I have a scio-song called Madman On The Bridge, I gotta get that recorded some day soon.

You should do this one as well, while you are at if for the B side of the single release...:)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-h-missed-blues&highlight=list+withold+missed

(Slow 12 bar blues)

Woke up this morning
stats were on my mind
yeah I woke up this morning baby
time to bring in that old GI
the co he won't talk to me
and the EO gave me the evil eye.

The last time it happened
I just didn't know what to do
Yeah, the last time it happened
I couldn't even get a review
I'm as low as a man can be
I got the out-int, out-list, think I gotta withhold missed blues..... (stop time on this line...)

You know Thursday at 2
well it done come and gone
Yeah Thursday is history
Another one for ol L Ron
But that dont mean nothin nomore
Cuz to the rpf I've gone.

My boiler suits too small
And my twin don't got a clue
And my programs way too long
I'm already over-due
You know it don't mean nothin
I got the out-int, out list, think I got a withhold missed blues.....

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious

Someone has to do it,please. Mine is called 'Contemplating Beauty in a Bubble of Light'
:biggrin: I have done a demo of it but it really needs a female voice singing it.....any offers?

Veda

Sponsor
Only in Scientology do former LSD zombies write success stories.

It's not surprising that exercise and sweating, then taking a hot shower and getting nice and clean, makes person feel "clean."

I'm curious if there are any wins, specifically, from taking a tablespoon of vegetable oil daily. Or perhaps the quantity of oil and the frequency are other than I remember it.

There's a remarkable amount of pseudo-science attached to the simple action and exercising and sweating.

Some background:

Aldous Huxley, longtime proponent of psychedelic drugs, was audited by Hubbard in 1950.

Huxley, it seems, was a "Resistive case." Of course, at that time there was no Purification RD, so Aldous Huxley, unfortunately for his "next endless trillions," and his "eternity," did not have "case gain." He later wrote: "...I have proved to be completely resistant - there is no way of getting me onto the time track or of making the subconscious produce engrams..."

[video=youtube;5BzvC2t_LeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BzvC2t_LeI[/video]
Huxley later died, confirming Hubbard's warnings, in writings such as his 1959 Justice Manual and his 1966 'What is Greatness?' essay, about how those who refuse his help have a way of dying.

_____________​

The Purification RD is the more marketable re-make of the original sweat program, which required everyone who had taken LSD to wear rubber suits and run around sweating out the "LSD crystals."

As far as I know, the first mention of LSD, by Hubbard, was in the 'Professional Auditors Bulletin' of 30 September 1955:

"I could tell you about long strings of psychotics run in on the Foundation and the Association, sent in to us by psychiatrists who then, using LSD and pain-drug-hypnosis, spun them and told everyone that Dianetics and Scientology drove people insane. I could tell you about the strange politics and ambitions of psychiatry, so well covered in the book Psychopolitics [Note: Hubbard's hoax Russian textbook, which he had just secretly authored and was not yet published] , and give you a proper riddle as to why we, a small group, the only ANGLO-SAXON DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT [sic], have been subjected to so much attack and finance... But I am not telling you stories or being dramatic. I am inviting your cooperation in your own future security..."

As for dealing with those whose behavior became erratic or an embarrassment after Scientology processing, Hubbard wrote, in the same 'PAB':

"You'll find the family physician or psychiatrist was called in midway in processing... You'll find there is a vested interest somewhere in the insanity of the person. An so testify that you suspect it. We will have on hand lots of literature on LSD..."

Sixteen years later, Hubbard would write a similar policy, although this one doesn't mention LSD and is more to the point. It has the simple title 'Confidential', and is dated 29 June 1971:

"Policy is that we assign any case or upset in Scientology to past damage and interference with the person by medicine or psychiatry. They were sent into us after medicine or psychiatry had already destroyed them. We cannot be blamed for psychiatric or medical failures."

__________​

During 1977 the Sweat Program was introduced.

Also, in February 1977, came the HCOB 'Jokers and Degraders', followed by the March 1977 HCOB, 'The Gambler' (Here's a rare photo of LRH doing research into gambling):
michael-douglas3.jpg

HCOB 'LSD, Years after they have come off of', of May 1977, announced the "Sweat program."

The formal "Sweat program" was further described in the HCOB 'LSD and the Sweat program' of February 1978.

From the May 1977 'LSD, Years after they have come off of' (two months before the July 1977 FBI raids):

"Apparently they have become some sort of vegetable or zombie to a greater or lesser degree.."

To place this in historical context, it had only been one year earlier, from his temporary residence in Washington DC, in April 1976, that Hubbard personally oversaw part 2 of the (1972) 'Operation Dynamite' - then renamed 'Operation Freak Out' - covert Operation to "terminately handle" author Paulette Cooper, by having her set up/framed and, "sent to prison or a mental institution." It didn't matter that Cooper's book was, by then, out of print, 'Operation Dynamite' had come so close to "working," that Hubbard couldn't resist a second try.

That's what Hubbard was thinking about at the time (along with the other covert Ops he was supervising), that, and LSD having made people - often the most productive and creative people in Scientology - into "vegetables or zombies to a greater or lesser degree."

Eventually, the "Sweat Program" became the more marketable "Purification Rundown," with the "Purif" meant for everyone.

Remember the hype for the Purif? "Only Scientologists who've done the Purif will survive World War III."

It was promoted along with the book, 'All About Radiation', which was "written by a nuclear physicist and a medical doctor," with Hubbard being the nuclear physicist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-6I-d4jK0
Dr. Hubbard explains to the Scientologists that, as an officer in the United States Navy, he had been asked several times to work on the secret Manhattan Project to build an atomic bomb,
and that he had refused and, as punishment for his refusal, had, each time, been sent into a dangerous combat theater in the Japanese infested Pacific.

'All About Radiation' was first published in 1957.

33953.gif

all-about-radiation.jpg

__________​

'Cowboy' is a former Commodore's Messenger: a former child-servant for "Commodore" Hubbard. From 'Cowboy's ESMB post of 22 July 2012:

"...Hubbard developed the Purification RD based on unsound medical principals, that result in deaths. He felt he knew the body, medicine, etc. There was no such thing as research. The principles had to be true, because he was espousing them and he... was Hubbard!

"The purif started with a heavy set individual who was to be an expert in an area in which Hubbard was pushing for outside experts to be recruited. So, a recruiter found him and recruited him to work at SU. [Special Unit] The only trouble was he had a history of drug abuse. Hubbard decided to make him burn his fat and release past stored drugs with heavy exercise. He donned a plastic exercise suit and ran through the heat of the desert of La Quinta. Hubbard developed other principles that became the Purif RD.

"The only trouble was, the old man wasn't a doc. The principles of the purif weren't all sound and were physically dangerous. We see the results of that now in the deaths..."

ForLease

Maximus Squirrel
Glad this thread got started. Folks with scientific backgrounds, could you distill the anti-Purif advice down to bullet points? I'd really like to post warning ads on Craigslist whenever I see them trolling for this, but I'd like a succinct "why not."

Don't worry about being comprehensive – just enough to scare off the idle browser.

secretiveoldfag

Anti-Purif?

For starters:

A half-baked notion of an uneducated quack who claimed much expertise and had none.

NO clinical or other research
NO peer review
NO support from anything known of human physiology

DANGER of heat exhaustion
DANGER of liver damage
DANGER of general system failure and death.

Anti-Purif?

For starters:

A half-baked notion of an uneducated quack who claimed much expertise and had none.

NO clinical or other research
NO peer review
NO support from anything known of human physiology

DANGER of heat exhaustion
DANGER of liver damage
DANGER of general system failure and death.
and the most dangerous aspect of it is the cult leads it's victims to believe that it can cure illnesses and steers them away from seeking professional medical evaluation and treatment in favor of fleecing them for this quackery.

betskand

Patron with Honors
On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable.

From the Independent Scientology blog Possibly Helpful Advice. Despite the title that will be objectionable to some, the article has some good analysis.

On making the Purification Rundown safe and acceptable
http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=16802

Excerpt:

No "scientific" claims have any validity until they have been published, reviewed by peers, and subjected to efforts to duplicate the supposed effects.

Remember cold fusion? Lots of hoo-hah...but impossible to replicate.

Dr. whatever-his-name-is on those graphs should hand over his credentials to be burned. Oh well, I guess he can go back to handing out chloral hydrate and Valium and giving people Cal-Mag and toxic doses of niacin. After all, he's a "scientist."

Oh wait, I forgot! Elron was an "atomic physicist"! Forgive me!