What's new

Once upon a time there was a man...who joined a cult.

It was early 1997, i was 17 going on 18. I had finished high school at the end of the year. I had not receoved the best results A`s and B`s but because i refused to do an assignment on Darwin`s evolution as i was and still am a Creationist my grade average plummeted.

I wasn`t phased as i wast sure what i waned to do in life. I enrolled in a Advertising and Marketing course, found a job and worked out an excerise plan to get fit to enlist in the army.

Ever since my mothers passingmy home life was not the best, it used to be loving and funny. My 8 other siblings had already left home, most were married with their own families. I started to put money aside to move out and share with two good friends, away from my dad and his horrible girlfriend.

A few days after my birthday i planned to head into the city to watch a movie with my gf and some other friends. I was extremly early so i window shopping when i came across a pretty blonde girl handing out a slip of paper with `Free Personality Test. We spoke for about 10 minutes, and she said she belonged to a church on Russell St.
As i was a Christian, i had no hesotation to look at other churches and thought it would be fun to do a personality test.(at this,point the girl did not correct my misconception that it wasnt a Christian church.

As we approached the building i said aloud "Scientology" she smiled amd asked if that was a problem.
I replied Is this a branch of Christian Science, and if it was, i was going.
She said it was not, and that her church was in the communoty to help people and it could,help me too if i was going through any issues.
I believed the pretty girl and went inside.
The building was not ppulent, it was cozy but really run down. There were maybe five people that i could see,amd most waived at me.The girl named Kellie disappeared and was replaced with a women named Mandy. Who sat me down and brought over the personality test.

Some of the questions were silly, and i said to Mandy some of them are loaded questions, she replied they were not, and the test would just define my personality. As i needed to pee, i raced through some questions as she would let me goto the toilet til i was done.(please i didnt havent a phone with google, so its not like i could have cheated.)

As she processed my test, a woman who i latter would know as Helen Basset chatted to me, and dorected to me to the books for sale. She said Dianetics was very helpful and it helped her alot.

Before we cpuld finish i was whisked away and asked if i wanted to watch a movie they had, which would give me some basic information. As Mandy was taking her sweet ass time with my test, i said sure, and this guy a little older than me, watched the film with me.
He was a staffer but his actions was like this was the first time he had seen it, i found it dull, and i was a little nerved to be alone with him in a dark room listening to the video. Which i lied and said it was insightful.

I was greeted by Silver, who seemed to run the group, i believe she was the ED.(i am forgetting alot f terms these days) a bright bubbly women, who asked if i enjoyed the movie.
She smiled and said if i found ot dull it was okay, as she understood. She asked how i heard about the place, and she cracked some jokes to put me at ease. A bit of small talk avout what i was doing and how i felt than she lainched into the personality test. There were a few above the lines and a few below, she brushed over the above lines and how they were good traits. (It kind of felt like reading your horoscppe as she was so spot on.
She explained in detail the below the line traits which shocked me, yes im introverted, but the anti social comments bothered me as i had always be a nice and friendly guy.

But she said that i needed help as i was bottling up alot of resentment and anti social behaviour and if they were not dealt with i would implode and other serious things would happen. And it wouldnt be long before my mr nice guy mask came off if i didnt get serious in changing my life for the better.

She suggested ourses i could do to help me improve and change. And said she couldnt have me wlk out without signing up, as it would weigh on her conscience that she didnt help me.

I explaoned the financoal situation and the fact my atheist father would not help financially as it revolved around religion. So i told her i would think about it, and come back when i had the money.

(Which in translation is, once im out the door your not hearing from me again.)

Obviously lnowing the routine amd hearing it before she kept me talking and suggested if i was serious about improving my life i could join staff and do the courses for free. All i had to do was volunteer my time at the org.

I said i would think about it, and she saw through those words and sais again, icant have you walking out that door lost. I said i was not lost as i was a christian and while i liked the courses i wanted to talk to my pastor.
Which she replied Scientology is compatible with all faiths, and the courses were about building up positive traits, self esteem etc.

She asked me to think about while she made me a cuppa.if was getting on an
d i did not want to miss my movie.i thought of doing a runner as i felt pressued but i stayed.
( at times i tend to cafe too much bout what people think, and i wanted people to like me, its a bad trait as i often get used and treated like a doormat.

As i waited for Silver to return a staff member, walked up and said dont join, you will regreat it, before they scurried off.

I continued with my conversation with Silver, she eased my fears and concerns, and i wanted to fix myself but i felt pressured. Finally after some wearing down i agreed to join staff in exchange for free courses and counselling, i was later to learn was called auditing.

Why did i do it? I was too weak to say no, waive goodbye and leave. I thought this is somethibg new, it may help and it also meant i was away from home for longer periods of the day.

So that night i became a staff me the church of Scientology.i never did see the movie i was af the church to 11pm, with the promise i had to return tomorrow for further chats, paper work, and other admin details.

To be continued, i am using my phone and my hands are aching.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was early 1997, i was 17 going on 18. I had finished high school at the end of the year. I had not receoved the best results A`s and B`s but because i refused to do an assignment on Darwin`s evolution as i was and still am a Creationist my grade average plummeted.

I wasn`t phased as i wast sure what i waned to do in life. I enrolled in a Advertising and Marketing course, found a job and worked out an excerise plan to get fit to enlist in the army.

Ever since my mothers passingmy home life was not the best, it used to be loving and funny. My 8 other siblings had already left home, most were married with their own families. I started to put money aside to move out and share with two good friends, away from my dad and his horrible girlfriend.

A few days after my birthday i planned to head into the city to watch a movie with my gf and some other friends. I was extremly early so i window shopping when i came across a pretty blonde girl handing out a slip of paper with `Free Personality Test. We spoke for about 10 minutes, and she said she belonged to a church on Russell St.
As i was a Christian, i had no hesotation to look at other churches and thought it would be fun to do a personality test.(at this,point the girl did not correct my misconception that it wasnt a Christian church.

As we approached the building i said aloud "Scientology" she smiled amd asked if that was a problem.
I replied Is this a branch of Christian Science, and if it was, i was going.
She said it was not, and that her church was in the communoty to help people and it could,help me too if i was going through any issues.
I believed the pretty girl and went inside.
The building was not ppulent, it was cozy but really run down. There were maybe five people that i could see,amd most waived at me.The girl named Kellie disappeared and was replaced with a women named Mandy. Who sat me down and brought over the personality test.

Some of the questions were silly, and i said to Mandy some of them are loaded questions, she replied they were not, and the test would just define my personality. As i needed to pee, i raced through some questions as she would let me goto the toilet til i was done.(please i didnt havent a phone with google, so its not like i could have cheated.)

As she processed my test, a woman who i latter would know as Helen Basset chatted to me, and dorected to me to the books for sale. She said Dianetics was very helpful and it helped her alot.

Before we cpuld finish i was whisked away and asked if i wanted to watch a movie they had, which would give me some basic information. As Mandy was taking her sweet ass time with my test, i said sure, and this guy a little older than me, watched the film with me.
He was a staffer but his actions was like this was the first time he had seen it, i found it dull, and i was a little nerved to be alone with him in a dark room listening to the video. Which i lied and said it was insightful.

I was greeted by Silver, who seemed to run the group, i believe she was the ED.(i am forgetting alot f terms these days) a bright bubbly women, who asked if i enjoyed the movie.
She smiled and said if i found ot dull it was okay, as she understood. She asked how i heard about the place, and she cracked some jokes to put me at ease. A bit of small talk avout what i was doing and how i felt than she lainched into the personality test. There were a few above the lines and a few below, she brushed over the above lines and how they were good traits. (It kind of felt like reading your horoscppe as she was so spot on.
She explained in detail the below the line traits which shocked me, yes im introverted, but the anti social comments bothered me as i had always be a nice and friendly guy.

But she said that i needed help as i was bottling up alot of resentment and anti social behaviour and if they were not dealt with i would implode and other serious things would happen. And it wouldnt be long before my mr nice guy mask came off if i didnt get serious in changing my life for the better.

She suggested ourses i could do to help me improve and change. And said she couldnt have me wlk out without signing up, as it would weigh on her conscience that she didnt help me.

I explaoned the financoal situation and the fact my atheist father would not help financially as it revolved around religion. So i told her i would think about it, and come back when i had the money.

(Which in translation is, once im out the door your not hearing from me again.)

Obviously lnowing the routine amd hearing it before she kept me talking and suggested if i was serious about improving my life i could join staff and do the courses for free. All i had to do was volunteer my time at the org.

I said i would think about it, and she saw through those words and sais again, icant have you walking out that door lost. I said i was not lost as i was a christian and while i liked the courses i wanted to talk to my pastor.
Which she replied Scientology is compatible with all faiths, and the courses were about building up positive traits, self esteem etc.

She asked me to think about while she made me a cuppa.if was getting on an
d i did not want to miss my movie.i thought of doing a runner as i felt pressued but i stayed.
( at times i tend to cafe too much bout what people think, and i wanted people to like me, its a bad trait as i often get used and treated like a doormat.

As i waited for Silver to return a staff member, walked up and said dont join, you will regreat it, before they scurried off.

I continued with my conversation with Silver, she eased my fears and concerns, and i wanted to fix myself but i felt pressured. Finally after some wearing down i agreed to join staff in exchange for free courses and counselling, i was later to learn was called auditing.

Why did i do it? I was too weak to say no, waive goodbye and leave. I thought this is somethibg new, it may help and it also meant i was away from home for longer periods of the day.

So that night i became a staff me the church of Scientology.i never did see the movie i was af the church to 11pm, with the promise i had to return tomorrow for further chats, paper work, and other admin details.

To be continued, i am using my phone and my hands are aching.

WELCOME!! Thanks for posting! WHY DID YOU DO IT??? Because Scientology lies and manipulates you to "get in" without knowing they have no intention on helping you...you are there to help them.

They keep saying - we HELP - but then after a while - all the help comes from you and it is done for free! We all were bamboozled! Tell us more when you can!

The next day i was met by Mark Ricci. Who oversaw me doing the iq test and like.
I than got to experience the e-meter when a heavyset guy asked me questions. He had to ask if i was working for the media about 8 times, as he said the readings he was getting where showing i was hiding something. After swearing black and blue that i wasnt, he seemed convinced i was telling the truth. As it was the truth and i think that the e meter going bersek when he asked if my name was... and he had to repeat that three times too.

I was not aware that volunteering meant 6pm to close each week day and either sat or sun. I opted for sat as sunday i was a youth leader at my church.
I wondered how i was going to fit it all in. I had classes mon to fri, i was also on the student council as the Students rights officer and i worked for my dads cleaning company.

My dad was thrilled i had found another "job"little did he know it was volunteering and at first he was so\so but even he begun to worry about my sleeping patterns.as my day consisted of 6am rise and i didnt get home to midnight, sometimes later esp during preparations for a Scientology event.

I was placed in Reception whixh i enjoyed.even after accidenfally hangng up on Seaorg when i should have transfered. I also did ganding out personality tests on Sat after lunch.

As i said the Melb org people were lovely, im sure most joined with sincere motives. Reception kept me busy with answering calls, directing public, and admin tasks.

The courses were wacky, o mean come on buildimg blocks and plastasine. The course room people were noce eter and i think the women may have been Catherine.it took time to adapt as the way of studying is different to public high schools. The first course was basic and childlike and i thought alot of the public were freaks,esp with people staring at walls, which i later did also. I finally found the TR`s cool, and i often still use those techniques.

The courses that were suggested to help me, were put aside until i completed the staff courses. And i have to say whem you complete a course and they audit you, i failed the first one as the woman said define to, too or two. She didnt put it in a sentence.

I recall i was quickly told to define it, as stats were due in that night. The course leaders git pissed off at a staff nember who wanted to go home, when i was so close to finishing, which i did.

I got to witness a few meetings, and was asked to stand and clap in appreciation of L Ron Hubbard, who i didnt like as he creeped me out.

I got into a nice rountine at work, one of my duties was to route the public who were doing courses to a sales staff for their next course. As there was also a back entrance that public left from, as they knew if the passed me, Helen Basset or a slaes member they would be called over for a chat.

To stop them leaving the back way it was either Helen or Silver along with me removed the back snib, so they couldnt leave. I am not sure if we were made to put it back due to it being a fire hazard.

A few months went by, and at times i was asked to work sunday due to staff shortages.

My church life suffered due to this and iwas remoced as a yputh leader. (I was later to learn, the reason for removing me, was not missed sundays but a concerned parent had discovered i was a Scientologist and did not want me teaching their child) at no time did i ever encourage any church member into scinetology.

I was than asked by some scientology staff member to resign from the student council,
must have been chatting to them bout the council. The council president was a lesbian who i had allied with to vote with her in exchange for a prayer room. However she gave me the cold shoulder when i said i was,a christian and a scientologist. (I dont know what freked her out more) the scientology staffer advised that lesbians were sp and it was not good for me to associate with them

Not questiong her, i resigned from the student council, but my schedule was still busy.
Five monfhs into it, i was told that it would be good if i could come into the org around 5pm, do my stdying than remain at reception all night.
It wasnt long before i gave up my job, thinking they were right, which pissed off my dad. I was lucky i had money left to me by my mum which i sgarted dipping into. Which again annoyed my dad, who critisised me working at the church. He had found out i was volunteering and getting $50 on a good week.

I never cared for money and i still dont. My dad is money focused waitonf to ensure i am secire for my futjre, but these days i live by God as he provides my needs.

I had a major spat as my dad said i was changing and becoming arrogant. And he didnt like the wah i had sfarted talking to him.
His friend
a seen me in the street handibg out personality tests, he flew into a rage and forbid me from handing them out. He said it was one thing for me to be brainwashed but leave people alone.

Another time a friend from high school saw Kellie and i on the street and thought we were weird. I explained this when i got back to the org. The answer was like, you are better than them, and so began a purging of friends wjo the org felt i no longer needed.

Around this tims my dad started calling up drunk and abusive, only Silver was able to handle him. She is an amazing woman, and she tried her best to accomodate his demands and emotions, i was pulled off alot of street work, but we worked out to do it on the sly when there was low staff numbers.

My relationship at this point with my gf was also suffering. We barely saw eachother and no matrer how much i begged she wouldnt even come into the org for a personality,test. When it was discovered that her mum who takes medicatoon for a mental illness, the talks began about finding someone more suitable.

The one time she met me after work, a Seaorg member pulled me aside and advised i better not be fucking her if i wasnt married.i told him i believe in abstience and he looked at me as if i was a liar and rudely replied, so you wouldnt have an issue if i had sex with her. When he saw my reaction he said it was a joke.

Man the Ifammiable was the first big event. I worked longer hours calling public to come to the event. Even calling people who may have bought a book and foolishlessly left their number.

Day rwception sas a idiot, leaving sheets of people to call, not bothering to tick or cross our people who said yes or no to coming. I called people who confirmed and felt like an idiot so i left a message for the pepple to do their job properly.

With names,and addresses,i,ould call Telstra to track down numbers, often using two phones at the same time. I was becommimg commited to Scientology, there was so much to learn but i was enhoying my time there, even if i was tired.
At the same time i was shown how to complete tge personality graphs, and told at times if someone,had a good graph to fix it, to reduce it.

I didnt realise they could have done the same to me.

I was still studying, and working the org, dealing with my dad and now also dealing with an eating disorder that had come,about with my low self esteem and body image. I had always yo-yoed from thin to chunky, with no time for the gym i was chunky and negative comments from a super thin staffer resulted in me, either starvinf or purging my food.

Its good to know i have seen this person last year, they are now fat. And om toned and a healthy weight after leaving the military.

If anyone remembers the man the infamible event in Melb it sucked, the film didmt work. Lol major disalpoitment. Seaorg must have been out for blood as Sunday morning Anna timidly called me telling me ihd to come in, they had got the film to work and they were doing screenings at the org.

My dad abused Anna, saying he wasnt coming in, as i had been in the org that whole week to very late. Anna told me i had to go, people looked depressed when i got there, we were yelled at, and made to look incompetent. We were all so exhausted but we soldiered on even woth the narking seaorg dogs.

The film actually sickened me, when i walked away, i was grabbed by a seaprg man who grabbsd my head telling me to watch it or else.

After the event a Sea org member named Stan begun talkimg to me before i transfwred him, talking ul Seaorg, there was a seorg guy in melb, thin guy with a moustache,who never left the office, suddenly he too begun to talk to me like i was his best friend. I knew i was bsimg recruited but i managed to say no for awhile. Even Silver stelped in and told them to back off.

But ir did nof stop them from talking to me and saying i was so muxh better than the Melb org, i cpuld do wonders for SeaOrg. I kind of liked the idea as i wanted to be involved in the military.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The next day i was met by Mark Ricci. Who oversaw me doing the iq test and like.
I than got to experience the e-meter when a heavyset guy asked me questions. He had to ask if i was working for the media about 8 times, as he said the readings he was getting where showing i was hiding something. After swearing black and blue that i wasnt, he seemed convinced i was telling the truth. As it was the truth and i think that the e meter going bersek when he asked if my name was... and he had to repeat that three times too.

I was not aware that volunteering meant 6pm to close each week day and either sat or sun. I opted for sat as sunday i was a youth leader at my church.
I wondered how i was going to fit it all in. I had classes mon to fri, i was also on the student council as the Students rights officer and i worked for my dads cleaning company.

My dad was thrilled i had found another "job"little did he know it was volunteering and at first he was so\so but even he begun to worry about my sleeping patterns.as my day consisted of 6am rise and i didnt get home to midnight, sometimes later esp during preparations for a Scientology event.

I was placed in Reception whixh i enjoyed.even after accidenfally hangng up on Seaorg when i should have transfered. I also did ganding out personality tests on Sat after lunch.

As i said the Melb org people were lovely, im sure most joined with sincere motives. Reception kept me busy with answering calls, directing public, and admin tasks.

The courses were wacky, o mean come on buildimg blocks and plastasine. The course room people were noce eter and i think the women may have been Catherine.it took time to adapt as the way of studying is different to public high schools. The first course was basic and childlike and i thought alot of the public were freaks,esp with people staring at walls, which i later did also. I finally found the TR`s cool, and i often still use those techniques.

The courses that were suggested to help me, were put aside until i completed the staff courses. And i have to say whem you complete a course and they audit you, i failed the first one as the woman said define to, too or two. She didnt put it in a sentence.

I recall i was quickly told to define it, as stats were due in that night. The course leaders git pissed off at a staff nember who wanted to go home, when i was so close to finishing, which i did.

I got to witness a few meetings, and was asked to stand and clap in appreciation of L Ron Hubbard, who i didnt like as he creeped me out.

I got into a nice rountine at work, one of my duties was to route the public who were doing courses to a sales staff for their next course. As there was also a back entrance that public left from, as they knew if the passed me, Helen Basset or a slaes member they would be called over for a chat.

To stop them leaving the back way it was either Helen or Silver along with me removed the back snib, so they couldnt leave. I am not sure if we were made to put it back due to it being a fire hazard.

A few months went by, and at times i was asked to work sunday due to staff shortages.

My church life suffered due to this and iwas remoced as a yputh leader. (I was later to learn, the reason for removing me, was not missed sundays but a concerned parent had discovered i was a Scientologist and did not want me teaching their child) at no time did i ever encourage any church member into scinetology.

I was than asked by some scientology staff member to resign from the student council,
must have been chatting to them bout the council. The council president was a lesbian who i had allied with to vote with her in exchange for a prayer room. However she gave me the cold shoulder when i said i was,a christian and a scientologist. (I dont know what freked her out more) the scientology staffer advised that lesbians were sp and it was not good for me to associate with them

Not questiong her, i resigned from the student council, but my schedule was still busy.
Five monfhs into it, i was told that it would be good if i could come into the org around 5pm, do my stdying than remain at reception all night.
It wasnt long before i gave up my job, thinking they were right, which pissed off my dad. I was lucky i had money left to me by my mum which i sgarted dipping into. Which again annoyed my dad, who critisised me working at the church. He had found out i was volunteering and getting $50 on a good week.

I never cared for money and i still dont. My dad is money focused waitonf to ensure i am secire for my futjre, but these days i live by God as he provides my needs.

I had a major spat as my dad said i was changing and becoming arrogant. And he didnt like the wah i had sfarted talking to him.
His friend
a seen me in the street handibg out personality tests, he flew into a rage and forbid me from handing them out. He said it was one thing for me to be brainwashed but leave people alone.

Another time a friend from high school saw Kellie and i on the street and thought we were weird. I explained this when i got back to the org. The answer was like, you are better than them, and so began a purging of friends wjo the org felt i no longer needed.

Around this tims my dad started calling up drunk and abusive, only Silver was able to handle him. She is an amazing woman, and she tried her best to accomodate his demands and emotions, i was pulled off alot of street work, but we worked out to do it on the sly when there was low staff numbers.

My relationship at this point with my gf was also suffering. We barely saw eachother and no matrer how much i begged she wouldnt even come into the org for a personality,test. When it was discovered that her mum who takes medicatoon for a mental illness, the talks began about finding someone more suitable.

The one time she met me after work, a Seaorg member pulled me aside and advised i better not be fucking her if i wasnt married.i told him i believe in abstience and he looked at me as if i was a liar and rudely replied, so you wouldnt have an issue if i had sex with her. When he saw my reaction he said it was a joke.

Thanks for telling us this part ~ wow...it is so interesting to hear this after being out. My family too thought I was getting "cold and uncaring" ~ and I WAS!!! That is what Scientology does - gets you to serve them, disconnect from family, give them all of your free labor and money and not care about anyone - because NO ONE IN SCIENTOLOGY CARES ABOUT ANYONE!

It is so insane~! The cult is so creepy to me now and how vulnerable and trusting I was as they slowly slipped the Noose over my head so I could agree to hang myself. YUCK! Glad you are out!! Keep talking...very good story!!

By this time my school work was suffwring and due to long staff hours, often over sleeping and missing classes. I eventually quit just before leaving for Seaorg.

When i did attend it was to enclurage fellow students to come into the org for courses to improve their lives. Those who knew about Scientology and mocked me felt the sharp response of my tongue. And i was encourage to openly attack a lesbian who had filed a complaint of me talkimg to other students.

i enjoyed being on staff, learning TR`s and other courses, but i wasnt happy. i was being groomed by seaorg daily to come up to Sydney and join and eventually signed the contract ekvennow Silver said i didmt have to have themm intimidating me.

my stats were easy to achieve but my home life and social life were suffering.

my dad and i were constantly arguing and i was looking down on him, belittling him, feeling self righetous.
my close friends were also distancing themselves, as they were getting sick of me inviting them and sulking when tgey said no.

kn sighning tge contract, i was told i could go up to sydney when i wanted, it moved so fast and i found meven know i was yself moving there about a month after signing.

i told my dad three days before i lect, he was reay pissed, and forvade me to go
i guilt tripped him a.d said he had been sucking as a father, and it was my life, and if he cared he would let me gl and pay my expenses, which he did.

my dad and gf saw me off at the bus, i told her after i had finished EPF if she had not made a choice to join we would be over. as i wouldnt date someone who didnt support me and follow the same pa

i arrived early morning and was left to wait a couple of hojrs, i dont t know if they hadforgotten, and i was a little worried i would be stuck in a new city. i was met by Stan, who took me to the group of units they owned in Glebe so i could sleep.

gEPF was a massive culture shock. Up at 6am, to walk to Glebe St. The usual breakfast of porridge or toast. I recall one time as a group we wanted a change so we cooked up some eggs, and were severly told off.

Followed by cleaning toilets to a very high standard. Drills than other cleaning around the org.
Followed by a walk to Castlereigh st, where we had hours of studing in a cramped warm room. Honestly at times it was so warm you dozed off, only to be told to go back and read as you missed something.
For some reason a heated room was never an excuse, or the early mornings, late nights and hard work. It always came back to missing something that you were reading which was rarely the case for me.

After study we cleaned the course room to a white glove inspection. had dinner than eaned the kitchen to a high standard. By the time we got home, there was little time do do anything but sleep.

I wont list every day as most rolled into one.

But some things i do remember while on EPF.
Jennifer Groffman was in charge of the EPF when i got there, she changed positions the same day i left EPF.
When i was introduced into EPF i got a brief hello from her. Personally she was a mole to me for awhile, only becomong nice when she aided me in removing my engrown toenail. And after i had finished EPF when she became really nice and friendly and i started to think she was nice.
She did get married while i was in the EPF and was a beautiful wedding.

The Glebe apartments were being cleared out, so the EPF were called in to clear the people and all the stuff out. As well as cleaning up, with a massive skip, and vaccuming all the units which 1 girl and i did all alone with a broken vaccum.

While cleaning up a couple of x-rated videos were discovered. We were questioned what apartment they came from and poor guys who owned them were given a dressing down.

Personally better foid should have been given. We worked hard and i had no energy, still dont know where i git it from. And i was always weary of the vitamins they kept shoving down me.But they did keep me peppy.

I thought it was irresponsible to lock us all in the back of a moving van to drive us to the new accomadations. I had a fear there was going to be an accident.

Cleaning the CMO abd RTC house around the corner accifrom Glebe St. The two RTC women were moles and haughty.
We had one of our own be in charge during cleaning and she went from nice to biatch. I had an arguement in the hallway with her as i was too slow cleaning the bathroom ( by myself) and she accused me of talkibg back. She had alot of issues with other EPF questionibg her leadetship skills. Which made her breakdown, and lag on all of us.
We all were told off, and i sincetly apologised to her and after that we were good and she didnt boss me around after thay.
( She was later sent packing for kissing another EPF member, while he stayed they called her awful names and she left.)

Three others were booted out during my time in the EPF.
One was discovered to have done LSD in the 70`s. another girl was accused of having a mental illness and one guy for visiting a brothel down the road.

EPF was a mix bunch lot of asians from overseas , south africans and aussies but they were all nice.

I felt sorry for the Asians, as they took so much longer to get through all the studies. And there was nlt alot of assistance to help them. So i did my best to help them where i could.

Last edited:

jmc5682

Thanks for your story. I am curious, did you quit one cult to join another, perhaps the Jesus Christians? I am not trying to be a jerk, but your log in name is the same as someone in a group I was once in contact with in Australia called the JC's. The Jesus Christians went their separate ways a couple years ago, but I thought I would ask. I ask this because of posts where you mentioned celibacy, Creationism, not living for money which are things the JC's also believed.

B_bob

Thanks for your story. I am curious, did you quit one cult to join another, perhaps the Jesus Christians? I am not trying to be a jerk, but your log in name is the same as someone in a group I was once in contact with in Australia called the JC's. The Jesus Christians went their separate ways a couple years ago, but I thought I would ask. I ask this because of posts where you mentioned celibacy, Creationism, not living for money which are things the JC's also believed.
This is indeed the same guy but I don't think you should judge him for it.
I think your post has scared him off from telling the rest of his story