One last stat...

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
This isn't my own story, but told to me by a former DofP. There was a pc who was on a sec check. Not sure what he had done, but must have been pretty bad because at the end of the sec check it was decided he should be declared. The SP declare was written up, approved and in the pc's folder. But he had not attested to his sec check yet. So the DofP grabbed him, got him to attest and write a success story, got his completion stat, and then routed him to ethics to be told he was declared.

he told this story several times. and it always got a laugh. evil as it is, i still chuckle at it today. :)

Pixie

Crusader
That's disgusting, but it doesn't surprise me one bit... :no: They would treat animals better than they ever treated human beings.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, he was definitely an evil SP and the CofS must disconnect him from his thetan life-support immediately.
Well, not immediately, let's just screw the poor bastard one last time!

I don't know about you, but anyone who would openly gloat about this sort of misfortune seems to be "dramatising" suppressive traits.

On the other hand, the former pc is probably living a good life nowadays. How's the former DofP doing?

Good twin

Floater
Seriously? :ohmy: I uh can't quite wrap my brain around it...:unsure: You aren't kidding, are you? :omg:

I just usually am able to go back into the cult think. I mean usually I can get what "they" are doing or thinking and make sense out of it based on what I used to do and feel and think.

This is just beyond anywhere I have EVER gone. Even in my GONEST days as a Ronbot. It's just beyond messed up.

Truly?:duh:

Lovesnightsky

Silver Meritorious Patron
What suprised me is that they did not try to reg him for something or other that he had to pay out of pocket before they finished his SP "cycle".

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Gosh, I wonder what the guy said in his "sucess story".
But then again, if the guy was an "SP", his sucess story
must have been a lie, right?. His "attest" must have
been false, ergo...the whole "sec check" process must
have been invalid and whatever info they were basing
his "declare" on may have been false. If a liar says he
always lies...is that statement true, or is it false?

Just goes to show 'ya, never trust an SP!
Did they immediately tear up his success story
and cancel his ceritification...like 5 minutes after they were
done?

Carmel

Crusader
Never heard of anything quite so bizarre. I'm curious as to what on earth came up in the sec check? :confused2:

They don't usually declare you for actual overts! (not from what I've seen anyway)

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
Gosh, I wonder what the guy said in his "sucess story".
But then again, if the guy was an "SP", his sucess story
must have been a lie, right?. His "attest" must have
been false, ergo...the whole "sec check" process must
have been invalid and whatever info they were basing
his "declare" on may have been false. If a liar says he
always lies...is that statement true, or is it false?

Just goes to show 'ya, never trust an SP!
Did they immediately tear up his success story
and cancel his ceritification...like 5 minutes after they were
done?

No, but he wrote the SS before he was declared. So it was valid. Anything he said after that was obviously vicious lies. :)

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
actually, i don't know how to say this without sounding like an a-hole myself, but they ex-DofP who told the story was a good guy and I always found (and still find) the story funny. He told it as a sort of absurd confession of some of the crazy things that used to happen in "the old days". i think i first heard the story in the late 80's and he was off staff by then. the incident probably happened in the 70s.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
actually, i don't know how to say this without sounding like an a-hole myself, but they ex-DofP who told the story was a good guy and I always found (and still find) the story funny. He told it as a sort of absurd confession of some of the crazy things that used to happen in "the old days". i think i first heard the story in the late 80's and he was off staff by then. the incident probably happened in the 70s.
I can see how it seems sort of funny in the vein of many an old joke about the misfortunes of others such as,
"we're sorry we took off your good leg by mistake and, of course, we still had to remove the bad one BUT the good news is that the guy in the next bed wants to buy your slippers!"

It's the absurdity that makes us laugh!

Still, I bet the declared guy wasn't laughing at the time and I'm still curious about whatever happened to the two players in this scn mini-drama. Any clues?

Good twin

Floater
Okay. so maybe it was a little too close to home. It's coming clearer now. So you say it happened in the 70s?

In the 70s, I was routed into the HGC "to get my case cleaned up" when I was having trouble as a staff member. I had and Int R/D and got my first ever headache afterwards. Then I got a Sec check and had HUGE wins and knew I would be the best staff member my Mission had ever had afterwards. I attested. I wrote a glowing Success Story............

Then I was given an Rfactor. Some thing like this......"You have a particular case phenomenon that makes you unqualified to be on staff. You are a List One Rockslammer and having you on staff would be detrimental to Scientology and Mankind". Of course I was devastated. I was put back in session to handle the ARC break. Then routed to HCO to be completely humiliated and labeled SP.

Weird how it all sort of left me. Yep. This stuff happened.........and yes, they knew about the R/Ses and what the end result of my auditing was going to be before they regged me and got my parents to mortgage their house.:yes:
GT

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
Yes, I think it was the sheer absurdity of it that made us laugh at it, rather than laughing at the poor guy who was being used. The ex-DofP was off staff for a while, then ran a mission for a while, then was completely off lines at the time I left. no idea what he's up to now, and no idea who the victim was.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Then I was given an Rfactor. Some thing like this......"You have a particular case phenomenon that makes you unqualified to be on staff. You are a List One Rockslammer and having you on staff would be detrimental to Scientology and Mankind". Of course I was devastated. I was put back in session to handle the ARC break. Then routed to HCO to be completely humiliated and labeled SP.

Weird how it all sort of left me. Yep. This stuff happened.........and yes, they knew about the R/Ses and what the end result of my auditing was going to be before they regged me and got my parents to mortgage their house.:yes:
GT

Did you ever have the R/S(es) verified? I don't particularly go along with Hubbard's revised interpretation of what an R/S means - I don't have enough data either way - but I do know that needle manifestations other than R/Ses were being miscalled as R/Ses. Plus there is the "R/S" caused by wearing rings or a broken meter lead where the wire makes and breaks contact as it rubs around - that being the most common cause of an "R/S".

Good twin

Floater
Did you ever have the R/S(es) verified? I don't particularly go along with Hubbard's revised interpretation of what an R/S means - I don't have enough data either way - but I do know that needle manifestations other than R/Ses were being miscalled as R/Ses. Plus there is the "R/S" caused by wearing rings or a broken meter lead where the wire makes and breaks contact as it rubs around - that being the most common cause of an "R/S".

I think it's covered in my In and Out story. The R/Ses were verified in the Sec Check I got before being told I was being routed out. Later I was told it was a mistake (vague explanation - but lots of guys had been mislabeled). I was asked to come back on staff. I did. Blew or got offloaded again later. Got declared. Requested a com ev. Got the declare lifted. Paid off my F/L debt. Joined staff again. Blew again. Paid off another F/L debt. Joined staff again..... They really should have just kept me declared. I'm nothin but trouble really.:yes:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I think it's covered in my In and Out story. The R/Ses were verified in the Sec Check I got before being told I was being routed out. Later I was told it was a mistake (vague explanation - but lots of guys had been mislabeled). I was asked to come back on staff. I did. Blew or got offloaded again later. Got declared. Requested a com ev. Got the declare lifted. Paid off my F/L debt. Joined staff again. Blew again. Paid off another F/L debt. Joined staff again..... They really should have just kept me declared. I'm nothin but trouble really.:yes:

LOL, persistent too! :D
Good for you!

randomx

Patron with Honors
who`s an SP

Basically you are only declared when you become
a liability to the org. Obviously they want to bring you around
to being an asset and some time is dedicated to that .
However the actual unspoken test is "how much
of a potential PR problem could this guy be ?"

To think otherwise would be misguided.