What's new

One more who's out of the fog...

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't tell my story as I have some immediate family members that I love dearly and don't want to be disconnected from (the church lies).

I know of Jeff and Chuck but I know BFG very well. I was there. I witnessed enough to know their stories aren't too much of a stretch from what I witnessed myself.

I never did feel good about my treatment while in the Sea Org. Over the years I started putting things together. Then the new books came out and it hit me (hard) what the church's real purpose was.
I don't know why it took me so long to see the truth. And I apologize to all of you for that. Specially the mistreated Sea Org members that really are good people. The Sea Org doesn't deserve all their hard work and dedication.

I'm one who believes the basic Scientology practices were brilliant. But what the church is doing now is criminal and not what Scientoogy's original purpose was to do. Nor really Scientology at all.

I want to thank all of you that have come out of the woodwork to tell your stories and the truth about the misdeads of the church. I wish I could tell mine. But it would be at the cost of my family.

I think it's about time the Sea Org got their own ethics in!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
You are making me, and surely everybody, unbearably curious Iknowtoomuch! :D - But of course, keep the lid on until it's time... Not too long now i think..

Welcome to ESMB!

:yes:

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been reading enough to know if I told YOU, you'd just go on ignoring reality. :duh:

Thank you!

Its is flattering to know someone reads what I say....

Perhaps I am not ignoring reality but approaching it at a gradient that communicates well to a certain audience.

That audience is obviously not you.

I totally agree that the Sea Org has lost sight of its principles and that the church has been corrupted and perverted. But perhaps my envisioned solution is not yours.

Welcome. Truly.

alex (flattered!)

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you!

Its is flattering to know someone reads what I say....

Perhaps I am not ignoring reality but approaching it at a gradient that communicates well to a certain audience.

That audience is obviously not you.

I totally agree that the Sea Org has lost sight of its principles and that the church has been corrupted and perverted. But perhaps my envisioned solution is not yours.

Welcome. Truly.

alex (flattered!)

I can give you that much if not more. Abused but, to each his/her own.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are making me, and surely everybody, unbearably curious Iknowtoomuch! :D - But of course, keep the lid on until it's time... Not too long now i think..

Welcome to ESMB!

:yes:

I wont be able to add anymore than others already have, but none the less, it's still more fuel to the fire.
I was a scientology kid.

I hope not too much longer. I've bent over for them too many times now. Just wish I could be active and help.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can give you that much if not more. Abused but, to each his/her own.

I have been public all my time in scientology, although I have had family in the Sea Org.

I think that the thing that will bring about change of the church is the revelations about how the upper management conducts themselves.

I think the pump is primed for some sort of event to occur in the general media, that will bring to light the lack of scientology in scientology. The unusual solutions, the abuse and the pure venality that seem to emanate from the very top.

There are many good people still in, and many good people out.

What is the solution?

alex

Pixie

Crusader
I can't tell my story as I have some immediate family members that I love dearly and don't want to be disconnected from (the church lies).

I know of Jeff and Chuck but I know BFG very well. I was there. I witnessed enough to know their stories aren't too much of a stretch from what I witnessed myself.

I never did feel good about my treatment while in the Sea Org. Over the years I started putting things together. Then the new books came out and it hit me (hard) what the church's real purpose was.
I don't know why it took me so long to see the truth. And I apologize to all of you for that. Specially the mistreated Sea Org members that really are good people. The Sea Org doesn't deserve all their hard work and dedication.

I'm one who believes the basic Scientology practices were brilliant. But what the church is doing now is criminal and not what Scientoogy's original purpose was to do. Nor really Scientology at all.

I want to thank all of you that have come out of the woodwork to tell your stories and the truth about the misdeads of the church. I wish I could tell mine. But it would be at the cost of my family.

You are very very welcome here Iknowtoomuch!! :welcome2: It's good to have you here. Don't feel under pressure to post anything, do that in your own time, however it will help you heal being around a lovely supportive group of people who've been where you are and totally understand. Anyway, post when you are ready and I very much look forward to hearing your stories. :yes: :thumbsup:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Welcome!
I've just finished reading Jeff's story (I posted it first and then read it!) and it is all so awful. The truth is coming out...it's only a matter of time now.

I look forward to when you can talk freely. :)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Welcome Iknowtoomuch!

Say much or as little as you are comfortable with.

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
comment to iknowtoomuch

Welcome to esmb. I suggest you read up on Hubbard's actions from the inception of dianetics and scientology to 1986. I think you will be appalled at what you find.
Smitty

feline

Patron Meritorious
Welcome to ESMB, Iknowtoomuch. You will find it a warm and loving place. We're all glad you made it here.

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome!!!!

I am in a similar situation with family still in the SO and I worry for them everyday as they are quite young.

It's a hard decision to leave and it's hard to walk away from everything you have worked for for many years. It seems to take quite awhile to unpeel the layers of crap we were spoonfed. However, everytime someone walks away it must affect the opinions of others still "in".

One comment someone said on this board-"knowing how to know is knowing when to blow". Funny but unfortunatly true!!!!

Looking forward to your story when you feel you would like to share anything.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome:

A very warm welcome Iknowtoomuch. I am so glad that you have seen the light.

I eagerly await more of your own personal story. Then perhaps we also, will know too much?

But, I appreciate how difficult it must be when you still have friends and family still in. Perhaps just by telling some of your story you might persuade some of them to look at the truth?

Anyway, take your time. Glad to have you on board.

Axiom142

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you all very much.
To see real people and to see so many actually be able to have their own viewpoint of the church is so refreshing.
It's been heavy ethics, too much and for too long.

I have been public all my time in scientology, although I have had family in the Sea Org.

I think that the thing that will bring about change of the church is the revelations about how the upper management conducts themselves.

I think the pump is primed for some sort of event to occur in the general media, that will bring to light the lack of scientology in scientology. The unusual solutions, the abuse and the pure venality that seem to emanate from the very top.

There are many good people still in, and many good people out.

What is the solution?

alex

I don't want to see the church abolished. I want the Sea Org abolished or at least rebuilt so it's only purpose is to deliver Scientology. If DM can't be in charge, I see him taking everything down with him. Scientology will have to be rebuilt by real Scientologists.
It's the Sea Org that currently makes Scientology a cult.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
snip

I don't want to see the church abolished. I want the Sea Org abolished or at least rebuilt so it's only purpose is to deliver Scientology. If DM can't be in charge, I see him taking everything down with him. Scientology will have to be rebuilt by real Scientologists.
It's the Sea Org that currently makes Scientology a cult.

Amen brother.

alex

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome: out of the fog and into the bright, shiny REAL WORLD, Iknowtoomuch! :)

And I understand about you not wanting to share too much to save your family connections.

But I really hope you tell more of your stories, I'm sure you have LOTS to tell, too! :yes: :drama:

So keep reading, I knowtoomuch. Just keep reading.

And keep posting, too!

Last edited: