One of Marty's recent posts....

Re: granting beingness

Lol!

It's always complicated because its only purpose was to baffle the fools that were (and apparently still are) buying it.

Anyone here feel that hubbard 'granted beingness' to others?

The closest to 'granting beingness' to another that I ever observed in scientology was when a reg was in full on regging/acting mode, and then only until they had the money in their sticky little culty hands ... after that the prospect/mark could just bugger off and normal mode was instantly resumed!

:lol:

It sounds so grand doesn't it? Grant Beingness. Like an old Queen after she's finally convinced her master to place the crown of nirvana on her head.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I understand that people value the benefits that they feel they gained through Scientology and can feel undermined when people speak dismissively of it.

My own feeling is that Scientology *can* bring subjective benefits, but none that can't be obtained elsewhere, without all the negative mind-bending that always comes with Scientology.

At times I feel I've been a bit heavy-handed in my criticism, but one big thing I've learned is that even if I disagree totally with someone, I can still like them, and them me. Some of the people I like most here are people with whom I have the least in common.

But

This isn't a place that functions according to Scientology principles. There is no *right* to ARC, validation, granting of beingness, and undisturbed havingness re 'wins'.

Just like in the real world amongst the lovely Wogs :)

Your one of my favourite posters here! You have a great sense of humour sometimes.

I'm not 'offended' because someone came here to knock something I found usefull. I'm a little confused as to why two posters thought they'd post their crapola in the most random of places because they thought I was a Scientologist! And they have no right to do that anyway. No one should be used as a target because what they believe.

The best people I have ever met say bad things about nobody. I have to say that I am not buying some of the stories here and some of the most fucked up sadistic people on the inside who obsessively and fanatically trapped people for years, have ended up somewhere on the outside, continuing in the same fashion. Marty, Amy, Pierre IMO don't have any place dealing with people's psychological state and neither do most of you guys.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Not everything that appears to be 'fun' is thereby an act of wisdom.

Mark A. Baker

Sometimes people with a lack of certainty about themselves try to destroy what others have. It's like the playground bully, who with friends behind him, believes he can attack someone else for being different.

I've had people do it to me for being Jewish; I've had people make hissing sounds in the street or shout abuse from a car and they have all manner of 'logical' reasons for it being OK. These guys who find it so easy to take the piss out of others, will turn on others when they haven't got their regular victim around. Thats why when I hear (and I have) people say stuff to me like 'Black people are..... .... but I'm not a racist' I stop them in their tracks. Or when a former colleague thought I might enjoy ridiculing one of his muslim colleagues behind her back or find it funny that they openly make fun of her beliefs in front of her, I didn't. All I see is chewed up people in front of me. Lacking anything of their own, they latch onto other people and try and gradually undo them or make them doubt everything they hold dear. Like flies sticking to shit.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I am an ex-Scientologist and ex-Freezoner.
Nice to meet you and know what labels you are not. Perhaps you are now a member of the Indie Church of Lableology that makes the label more label.

Like I said, read the content of your posts, it's the same repetitive stuff over and over and over and you find my post revealing about me?
When you keep posting over and over about how I keep posting over and over---that's something other than repetitive, right?

There's on old saying 'If you've got nothing nice to say about someone, then say nothing'.
lololololololololololololololololololololol
Did ya get that Emma? Henceforth, please be sure to ban anyone with critical thoughts or natter about Hubbard or Scientology. Hey, Emma, let's really get the Manners PL put in here at ESMB and not put CI on Vittorio's lines.

If you have some evidence that I'm harming people in some way, then bring it on.
This sounds mental. I have no idea what you are doing, never wondered about you and couldn't care less. The only person who keeps talking about "evidence" is you, dude. I am just a poster having fun on ESMB. If it freaks you out to be around people thinking freely & creatively & laughing, maybe there are "safer spaces" you would enjoy more.

And in case there may be some people around who may believe some of Hubbard's writings, it's not your business to tell them what they should and shouldn't believe.
It's not my business? LOLOLOL. OMG, what have we here, a forum dictator? Hey, thanks for offering your thought-police-basics, but no thanks--we still have plenty of unopened boxes of that useless crap from Ron's cult.

They can make informed choices about that on their own.
Who, Scientologists? LOLOL. No they can't. If 60 years of Scientology has proven anything, it's that Scientologists are fully incapable of making informed choices--because they are not informed. What the hell do you think ESMB is? Wake up, dude, it's information. That's how people get "informed".

You may not be happy with the fact that you spent years and probably a hell of a lot of time and money on Scientology, being a former C/S (which is a fair bit of training) and I believe you went as far as OT or thereabouts. But I didn't and thats one helluvahoax your going to have to sort out yourself. If it's all a load of rubbish you could have walked out after or even during your first course. The majority do.
Wow, you're so much better than others! It must be amazing to have such altitude. We probably should not speculate here how you rose above everyone else.

Were you ever even a Scientologist? You say you were a C/S, but nothing in your posts ever seems to indicate much contact with the subject. Do you have a 'Story from inside?' on this board that I can read?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Your one of my favourite posters here! You have a great sense of humour sometimes.

I'm not 'offended' because someone came here to knock something I found usefull. I'm a little confused as to why two posters thought they'd post their crapola in the most random of places because they thought I was a Scientologist! And they have no right to do that anyway. No one should be used as a target because what they believe.

The best people I have ever met say bad things about nobody. I have to say that I am not buying some of the stories here and some of the most fucked up sadistic people on the inside who obsessively and fanatically trapped people for years, have ended up somewhere on the outside, continuing in the same fashion. Marty, Amy, Pierre IMO don't have any place dealing with people's psychological state and neither do most of you guys.

Thanks. I wasn't speaking about you in particular my post - just how some exes who still believe can be. Glad you haven't left as I do like you :)

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

To help with your confusion....
It's not all about you. The "crapola" you refer to is either references that the wider public need to see, or satire and laughs on the same subject. Many, many people read and never post. And every poster here has as much right as you to post. Nobody owns a thread.

And as for your last statement, don't be so judgemental. It makes you look like a bigoted scientologist and then you'll be the butt of more jokes. Have you read Amy's book by any chance? Or my story? Or any of the stories here? Who here is "dealing with people's psychological state"? What on earth are you on about?

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
snipped (and my emphasis)

Well, that is something we can probably agree on ... but then apart from a few silly Freezoner/Indies most (if not all) ESMB members are not trying to deal with peoples psychological state, they are simply Ex-scientologists communally washing away the detritus of a nasty cultic experience.

OK?

Sounds complicated.

I like the bit about people treating people who they don't really like with respect. Sounds like a holiday in Japan.

It's certainly a good start. Whether the other is complicated is a matter of perspective. It is difficult, but sometimes it's the simple things which are the most difficult.

Mark A. Baker

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Were you ever even a Scientologist? You say you were a C/S, but nothing in your posts ever seems to indicate much contact with the subject. Do you have a 'Story from inside?' on this board that I can read?

Congratulations!

You have joined Mark Baker in the profoundly brilliant Operating Obnosis Org.

Have you ever even read the Basics? (Baker)
Were you ever even a Scientologist? (Vittorio)

Congratulations again...you have been awarded a Professional WordClown Certificate.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
My husband once said (he's an Indie Scientologist) that the Golden Rule of Scn (by which he means the philosophy. He cannot stand the cult.) is not "treat others as you would want to be treated" but, rather, "treat others as THEY would like to be treated."

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
My husband once said (he's an Indie Scientologist) that the Golden Rule of Scn (by which he means the philosophy. He cannot stand the cult.) is not "treat others as you would want to be treated" but, rather, "treat others as THEY would like to be treated."

But ofcourse only the cult knows how THEY would like to be treated. :roflmao:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

It's certainly a good start. Whether the other is complicated is a matter of perspective. It is difficult, but sometimes it's the simple things which are the most difficult.

Mark A. Baker

True.

Dumping the cult in its entirety sounds simple (if you say it fast) but to be really honest ... it wasn't, it was difficult.

Best difficult thing I ever did though.

:happydance:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by Synthia
Vittorio, do you have a story that can be read? Here's mine:

http://leavingscientology.wordpress....synthia-fagen/

No, I didn't think so.

lolol

Well I was expecting a cricket symphony on that as well...

Here is the question I wonder about...The guy has been on this message board since January of 2007. Then he posts this to me.

Originally Posted by Vittorio
Were you ever even a Scientologist?

You say you were a C/S, but nothing in your posts ever seems to indicate much contact with the subject.

Do you have a 'Story from inside?' on this board that I can read?

Who or what would say something that was such an absurdly obvious lie?

Obvious lie = Obvious answer.

And I thought he was merely a WordClown. LOL

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
lolol

Well I was expecting a cricket symphony on that as well...

Here is the question I wonder about...The guy has been on this message board since January of 2007. Then he posts this to me.

Who or what would say something that was such an absurdly obvious lie?

Obvious lie = Obvious answer.

And I thought he was merely a WordClown. LOL

Gosh, I miss all the posts by V. That one got me to violate one of my own rules. I put that one on ignore some time back as I've already spent too many years listening to that shit to not know who is spewing it. I just skip the scientologists these days.