Open letter to Melissa Pilon

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
If I could turn back time, I would have given this letter to her. But it is too late now. I don't know where she is or what's happened to her. She was one of the few people in CLO Canada who didn't have a firm, dedicated stare in her eyes and could have been saved.

Perhaps this will help somebody somewhere to leave the Sea Org. Or maybe you have wanted to help somebody leave but stalled. Hopefully this inspires you to try, because in my case, I'm far too late.

-Adam

Dear Melissa,

I hope that this letter will help you to reconsider your life in the Sea Org. Because there is a world out there, full of people, places and opportunities. Staying in the Sea Org deprives a person of the chance to discover all the wonderful things out there.

Think about the reality of the Sea Org. Here in Toronto, at least, it is a life that occupies only the berthing and the top four stories of 696 Yonge st. There is the nightly stop at convenience stores, the weekend laundry run and the occasional event venue. Other than that, there is barely any contact with the outside world. Truth is, you are living in isolation. And that is a shame, because it means you are missing out on the rest of the world.

Another issue with life in the Sea Org is time. The schedule that you are living by is a constrictive schedule, that spans the entire day. It doesn't leave you any time to enjoy yourself. That is, it takes away your freedom to have your own time. It prevents you from doing anything you might enjoy. It blocks you from pausing to think. Why would they do this? Perhaps it is because if allowed your own time, you might start to want to be yourself again. Because the Sea Org changes people.

We don't notice it happening to ourselves as we are kept so busy from day 1 on the EPF. But I noticed you change. That's part of the reason I ever escaped the Sea Org. They took you and made you into somebody different. Somebody less happy, less friendly, less caring. Ultimately, they made you less human. And that frightened me. Only later did I realize that they had done the same to me. If it wasn't for seeing the changes in you, I might not have ever realized it. You inadvertently saved me from the Sea Org. Now I only wish I could do the same for you.

Melissa, the harsh truth is that the Sea Org is a trap. And you are totally ensnared, right up to being in the CMO. If I fail to help you realize this, you will spend the rest of your life missing out on possibilities you never knew existed. You are a beautiful person. I know there is a place for you somewhere out there, where you truly belong.

Your true calling will be there all along, whether you take part of it or not. If you never take your place in the outside world, it will remain as a puzzle with a missing piece. It will not be as splendid as it could have been, forever incomplete. People who could have been your best friends will never know they missed the chance to have you in their lives. It would be such a shame. But it is not too late for you. If you stop and listen to your heart, you will find the strength to leave the Sea Org and begin your own journey through life.

I know that you've been told that I am a bad person, an SP. In light of this, I fear that my words will fall on deaf ears. You have known me. Reflect on those times, and ask yourself if it makes sense that all of a sudden I could have turned evil. Because I am not evil, I am still the same guy you knew, and I am trying to get this message through because I care about you.

Sincerely,

Adam Holland

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
Hi Adam,

Since when has she's been there? That is where I was for most of my years in the SO. But it was a long time ago.

Remember, you never know. I was in Scientology for almost 25 years. Many exes were 'in' for a long time. So, don't give up hope.

My guess is that she never got a chance to get your letter. I know that all mails are checked nowadays. It was not like that in my time but that is what I have heared or should I say read.

Maybe you could find another way to talk to her? Or get her your message.

Don't give up (hug)

Jocelyne

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your replies and PMs. Information recieved suggests that she had been in Clearwater sometime in the past four years. Whether she is still there, or has gone elsewhere, is unclear. As long as she remains in the SO, the chances of reaching her from here in Toronto are next to nothing... I won't give up hope though. The future may yield more information, or even an opportunity to pass the message somehow.

-Adam

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Thanks for your replies and PMs. Information recieved suggests that she had been in Clearwater sometime in the past four years. Whether she is still there, or has gone elsewhere, is unclear. As long as she remains in the SO, the chances of reaching her from here in Toronto are next to nothing... I won't give up hope though. The future may yield more information, or even an opportunity to pass the message somehow.

She last posted on FB in 2009.. https://www.facebook.com/melissa.pilon.12 (last name: Boone. Who's she married to?)