What's new

Opinion: "NEWSWIRE" infiltrated by OSA PR Dept

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
There is a company called "Newswire" which calls themselves "A Social Network for Independent Journalists". They claim (in their section on "Editorial Integrity" to abhor bias in their news stories. But their current "news" is dominated by what appears to be CoS PR about scientology and Hubbard, including stories authored by their Senior Editor, Chris Ryan.
In the "About" section of their website is described some of the capabilities of Newswire as well as their stated purpose:

Newswire’s unique value proposition lies in our Journalist Social Network. Independent writers, bloggers, photographers, and videographers represent one of the most powerful and overlooked search engine optimization forces on the Internet. Our platform gives them an editorial process, ethics policy, and the technology they need to harness their collective power and distribute news via search engine placement.
In addition, Newswire offers businesses unique access to our journalist network and technology allowing them to broadcast their message to thousands of news outlets worldwide. Newswire’s press release distribution services cater to both small/medium sized businesses and large publicly traded companies. Our distribution engine places client news on up to 50,000 sites throughout the web, gets news to National Media Outlets, and targets industry specific trade publications.
http://newswire.net/about.php

There were 8 news stories listed when I reviewed the site within the past few minutes. These were all of the listed stories:

Scientology and its Contribution to a Drug Free World

Understanding Scientology Through Dianetics

What Makes Jack Canfield America's Number One Life Coach

Scientology What Does it Mean to be "Clear"

Who was L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology

What Is Scientology?

Scientology and its Goal of Increasing Spiritual Awareness

Scientology's Contributon to Criminal Rehabilitation

Anybody beginning to see a pattern here? :whistling:

If you read these stories you'll see that it's all just PR. Not a hint of anything remotely critical of the CoS, Hubbard, or any of their front groups.

They've got a feature that if you want a "journalist" to write a story for you you can specify what you want them to write about. You tell THEM what you want them to write about.
http://www.newswire.net/apitch1.php?referrer=

If anyone has a story that can provide some balance, please register with this site and see if you can get it posted. I believe it is free for an independent journalist to register and place stories up on their site, but not certain.
It will be interesting if we can get a critical story past their Senior Editor.

They will also allow you to issue a Press Release through their site, and it is distributed to 50,000 different sites on the internet, but those cost $400.00
http://newswire.net/index4.php?referrer=

RogerB

Crusader
It IS a PR Release Vehicle Site

Yes, this site is a PR release site where you pay to get your releases "released" to the "world."

They simply provide a medium for getting news releases/PR to "all" media and registered journalists etc.

I know of businesses who have used it.

So, it looks like the scilons have ponied up some $$$ to get their story across.

R

Mystic

Crusader
There is a company called "Newswire" which calls themselves "A Social Network for Independent Journalists". They claim (in their section on "Editorial Integrity" to abhor bias in their news stories. But their current "news" is dominated by what appears to be CoS PR about scientology and Hubbard, including stories authored by their Senior Editor, Chris Ryan.
In the "About" section of their website is described some of the capabilities of Newswire as well as their stated purpose:

Newswire’s unique value proposition lies in our Journalist Social Network. Independent writers, bloggers, photographers, and videographers represent one of the most powerful and overlooked search engine optimization forces on the Internet. Our platform gives them an editorial process, ethics policy, and the technology they need to harness their collective power and distribute news via search engine placement.
In addition, Newswire offers businesses unique access to our journalist network and technology allowing them to broadcast their message to thousands of news outlets worldwide. Newswire’s press release distribution services cater to both small/medium sized businesses and large publicly traded companies. Our distribution engine places client news on up to 50,000 sites throughout the web, gets news to National Media Outlets, and targets industry specific trade publications.
http://newswire.net/about.php

There were 8 news stories listed when I reviewed the site within the past few minutes. These were all of the listed stories:

Scientology and its Contribution to a Drug Free World

Understanding Scientology Through Dianetics

What Makes Jack Canfield America's Number One Life Coach

Scientology What Does it Mean to be "Clear"

Who was L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology

What Is Scientology?

Scientology and its Goal of Increasing Spiritual Awareness

Scientology's Contributon to Criminal Rehabilitation

Anybody beginning to see a pattern here? :whistling:

If you read these stories you'll see that it's all just PR. Not a hint of anything remotely critical of the CoS, Hubbard, or any of their front groups.

They've got a feature that if you want a "journalist" to write a story for you you can specify what you want them to write about. You tell THEM what you want them to write about.
http://www.newswire.net/apitch1.php?referrer=

If anyone has a story that can provide some balance, please register with this site and see if you can get it posted. I believe it is free for an independent journalist to register and place stories up on their site, but not certain.
It will be interesting if we can get a critical story past their Senior Editor.

They will also allow you to issue a Press Release through their site, and it is distributed to 50,000 different sites on the internet, but those cost $400.00
http://newswire.net/index4.php?referrer=

Oh my! This sounds like very ripe material for Anonymous to stick their lulz into. Do they know about it?

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think someone needs to write a news story on the recent Fowler software debacle and get it in there so that all the business world can't say they weren't warned about the potential risks of hooking up with a Scientology connected business organization.

I know the Church would claim that there are no businesses connected to the Church of Scientology because organizations like WISe and CCHR are not affiliated with the Church.

But we know better.

Especially when the likes of 200,000 - 250,000 mega-pesos in American cash get funneled in that direction from the business.

Rd00

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
So, it looks like the scilons have ponied up some $$$ to get their story across.

Their Senior Editor has authored some of those stories and sounds as though he is a scientologist. Either that, or he's willing to write whatever they want him to.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
I noticed the reports earlier this morning. They may be trying to move all the Tom Cruise stories off the front page of google, when searching for scientology stories.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I noticed the reports earlier this morning. They may be trying to move all the Tom Cruise stories off the front page of google, when searching for scientology stories.

I think you just nailed it Skollie. I just Googled "Scientology" and pressed the "news" tab, amongst the news stories are 5 Newswire Press Releases about how wonderful Scientology and Hubbard are.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Oh my! This sounds like very ripe material for Anonymous to stick their lulz into. Do they know about it?

Maybe the Anon's can issue their OWN Press Release about how the CoS is attempting to suppress the actual news by bombarding the newswire with bullshit OSA PR? :drama:

Last edited:

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
At one time ScienCorp used PRNEWSWIRE, another pay-for-play operation. Savvy editors, journalists and readers understand how these sources operate, which is like the paid 30 minute commercial advertising on cable TV.

RogerB

Crusader
Their Senior Editor has authored some of those stories and sounds as though he is a scientologist. Either that, or he's willing to write whatever they want him to.

Now that is something to expose and do a song and dance about . . .

Rog

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron

Probably not Tom Cruise. Rex Fowler's trial is coming up next month. I think they're getting ready for that. And hoping all their so-called "contributions" will negate the (alleged) first degree murder their crazy-making reg cycles caused. They definitely want to push that story to the back page.

Lynn

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think the most likely scenario would be a faxed in 'press release' that the 'senior editor' rewrites and therefore puts his name on it. Doesn't need to be a clam to sound like a clam in that case.

Zinj

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I think the most likely scenario would be a faxed in 'press release' that the 'senior editor' rewrites and therefore puts his name on it. Doesn't need to be a clam to sound like a clam in that case.

After reading your post I decided to go back onto the Newswire site and do some more investigating with regards to this issue you just mentioned.
There is no trace (that I could find) of any of these Scientology articles anymore. All my links now to these articles in my opening post of this thread are now broken. So I go over and Google Scientology again like I did yesterday, hitting the news tab. Most of those press releases are now gone. Of the two that I did find they've also got broken links as well. There was one PR piece that did lead to a scientology story (regarding Haiti) but that didn't originate from Newswire, rather it came from PR Web.
It looks as though they've schredded all the evidence! :omg:

EDIT: I just went onto several other sites that had posted these Press Releases to try to recover some, and they've all also got broken links.
Here's an example of one of them: http://www.latestcelebritygossipnew...inings-of-scientology-newswire-press-release/

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
After reading your post I decided to go back onto the Newswire site and do some more investigating with regards to this issue you just mentioned.
There is no trace (that I could find) of any of these Scientology articles anymore. All my links now to these articles in my opening post of this thread are now broken. So I go over and Google Scientology again like I did yesterday, hitting the news tab. Most of those press releases are now gone. Of the two that I did find they've also got broken links as well. There was one PR piece that did lead to a scientology story (regarding Haiti) but that didn't originate from Newswire, rather it came from PR Web.
It looks as though they've schredded all the evidence! :omg:

they got pooned by anons me thinks