What's new

Orange County Ideal Org Opening!!

Beacon

Patron
The IAS must have opened its piggy bank with a "grant" to finally make this happen. Nothing like a little SO slave labor to put this thing over the top!

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
The IAS must have opened its piggy bank with a "grant" to finally make this happen. Nothing like a little SO slave labor to put this thing over the top!

It only has to be "photo-ready". Any other completion is just an excuse to beat up on the RPF, or if they are no longer allowed on jobsites (they were last time I worked in Clearwater), to add Sea Org members to the RPF when they fail to meet unrealistic targets.

You have to see these people trying to build something to believe it - constant and unending change as they get whims (excuse me, revelations...) (excuse me, better ideas...) (excuse me, correction so that they are building per LRH tech...) from COB. They could not meet a target for real, ever.

This whole ideal org thing is such a complete scam. Built with emergency donations from local public, purchased by the RTC/CofS and then "rented" back to the org, which can't support it. It's like MacDonalds with each restaurant serving dog burgers and expected to first give 45% off the top to their corporate parent for "support services" and then pay "rent" for the property and then try and support themselves. Not possible. Since they are set up to fail, it has to be intentional. If they fail, any ownership they might expect in the property goes away? Right now C of S is buying at the bottom of a market, but they've been pulling this stuff for quite awhile.

Last edited:

Sierra_Sage

Patron
This whole ideal org thing is such a complete scam. Built with emergency donations from local public, purchased by the RTC/CofS and then "rented" back to the org, which can't support it. It's like MacDonalds with each restaurant serving dog burgers and expected to first give 45% off the top to their corporate parent for "support services" and then pay "rent" for the property and then try and support themselves. Not possible. Since they are set up to fail, it has to be intentional. If they fail, any ownership they might expect in the property goes away? Right now C of S is buying at the bottom of a market, but they've been pulling this stuff for quite awhile.

I have to disagree with you Grey Lensman, scientology is not like MacDonald's serving dog burgers. Although it is true that like scientology, you would feel ill when you found out what you are really being fed, dog burgers would at least be nutritious. It is more like being fed turd-burgers laced with strychnine.

As for your comment about it looking like an intentional set-up for a fail, I think that sometimes stupidity is so outrageous, it looks like sabotage. The cob of this group has never lived in the real world and perhaps this is just another example of dilusional mentality in action. (scientology=delusion in action.)

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
LOL, conversation appears to be very pertinent to the topic at hand. As it turns out, multiple sources confirm that this even has been postponed due to lack of funds to complete the "Ideal Org." Incidently, this even has already been postponed several times for the same reason.

I'm hearing 6/2 and will post confirmation as soon as it's available.

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
Opening delayed?

Not sure this is confirmation of Sock Puppy's rumor. Were I protesting, I'd go both days just in case....

It's actually more than a rumor; a call was made to the Santa Ana PD and they confirmed that the street is not being closed on 5/19, whereas it was previously. So the Church has moved the date.

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
So here we have official confirmation of the postponment in the form of an email published in today's Village Voice. They blame it on "unforeseen construction delays" which is code for "we haven't been able to raise the money we need, so expect a call soon." This is evinced by a huge flurry of activity they've been engaging in with respect to their "central files" organizing project.

Email.jpg

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
So here we have official confirmation of the postponment in the form of an email published in today's Village Voice. They blame it on "unforeseen construction delays" which is code for "we haven't been able to raise the money we need, so expect a call soon."

And they've raised how much over the years?

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
And they've raised how much over the years?

Well, the best source for this info is/was Luis Garcia, an individual intimately involved in this project for years. He personally donated about a half million dollars to the Org, only to see his name taken off of the donor's list when he left the Church and was declared, along with his wife.

Anyway, he estimated the total cost of the "Ideal Org" to be almost 15 million dollars, though that was about a year or two ago. Obviously they're still trying to raise money and it's still not enough (unless they already have all the money they need and they're just milking people, but I sort of doubt that. I don't think they enjoy the embarrassment of postponing their "grand openings.").

Here's a link to a detailed accounting he provided on Marty's blog:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/orange-county-now-for-the-rest-of-the-story/

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
Call to the City of Santa Ana confirms that street closure is still scheduled for Saturday from noon to three, so it's on!!

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
Crosspost from WWP:

Epic raid, Scientology opened their "Ideal Morgue" in Santa Ana and protestors were on hand to mark the occasion. Much lulz and enturbulation were had by all and creepy goons were out in full force to try to intimidate and bother, failing miserably all the way.

We met on the north side of the event, several streets were closed down. The availability of parking meant that many public Scientologists had to pass by our little rebel alliance, where they were treated to the latest news that their "church" isn't telling them, i.e., the closure of Narconon Trois-Rivieres and Lisa Marie blowing the cult among other items.

The cops met up with us and gave us the ground rules for protesting (no tunes, alas!) and were pretty cool, though apparently they harassed Smurf early on at the direction of the Scilons (fail!).

Interaction with OSA goons was limited to them filming and attempting (and failing!) to follow us, also had a couple of them attempt to pass themselves off as curious bystanders, but their binders bearing Scientology logos were a dead giveaway, lol!!

We also had some newbies show up, welcome to the party!!

Here's some pics, I might post some video of Miscavige's "speech," but I think he even put my camera to sleep. And I won't even mention what their "band" did to the Beach Boys (trying to push the OC theme). Oh, the horror!!

Group2.jpg

And Newbs!! Love the color signs!!

Newbs.jpg

Creepy Scilon photog is creepy!! Make sure you get my good side though!!

Photog.jpg

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
LOL, conversation appears to be very pertinent to the topic at hand. As it turns out, multiple sources confirm that this even has been postponed due to lack of funds to complete the "Ideal Org." Incidently, this even has already been postponed several times for the same reason.

I'm hearing 6/2 and will post confirmation as soon as it's available.

Is this the one Roan and Arnie went in and took pix of?

(She said ungrammatically)