What's new

Original INCOMM

Cowsmu?

Patron
Hello, I have been a lurker here for some time - more so after hearing Mark Headley on Coast to Coast AM.

I started at Stevens Creek (San Jose, CA) around 1979, then became staff at the org in San Francisco, became SO in LA, and INCOMM grabbed me right away - then I went to Clearwater, and travelled by car and truck with a few others cross-country back to LA.

I think there were maybe a dozen or so when we first moved in. I was rushed into a position way over my head and summarily got comm ev'ed (boy was that traumatic! The wording made it seem like I was Idi Amin or Hannibal Lechter!)

Into the RPF and sent to (Hemet?) - somehow got in trouble there and blew from there.

I will have many more stories in time...

I left around 1983 or 84, before the raids and lockdown - it looks like many things have gotten a lot worse since then..

I have no major ax to grind, but still carry a lot of sadness - for a long time I thought the tech was great but the organization was suppressive - now I feel that a lot of the tech is good, but most of the tech, especially on the upper levels is crap.

Some of the good:

TRs
Admin TRs
Study Tech, clay demos
Battleplans
Understanding overts and withholds
Stats and conditions

Some of the bad:

Made to work overnight digging and gardening to meet some building target

Getting paid $20 a week (I think)

While having to dig some huge trench all day long at CC, I was told "A thetan can do anything forever!"

I was discouraged to communicate with my parents and anyone outside

Doctor visits hard to get

No time off

Fair Game

I travelled through Nashville, TN recently, and in a shopping mall there was someone manning a little kiosk filled with Dianetics books offering a free stress test- I was repulsed to see him talking to 2 young teenagers.

I was compelled to go into full blown attack TR mode and stare him down and just repeat "Is there an earlier similar time you knowingly perpetrated a lie on the public?" until he caved.... but instead I just kept walking. I have great respect for those who take on this evil cult.

Does anyone have info on:

Foster and Barbara Thompkins
Chuck and Noomi Prenner
John Dunn
Peter
Larry Robinson
Susie LaPlaine
Ginny
JoRae Tibbits
Aziz
Kent Thornell
Flash

When I was in, the assertion was "Scientology is NOT a religion, but we welcome all religions!" When did SCN become a religion??

I look forward for the REAL light of truth to send all the cockroaches and spiders scampering away...

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome: out of Lurkdom, Cowsmu!

Thank you for sharing your story. Sounds like you have a lot more stories to tell, we sure love 'em (as you know) :drama:

Hope you find others here (and elsewhere online) that you once knew :yes:

SaguaroRose

Patron with Honors
Hi, MU!!!
:welcome2:
WELCOME!!!:happydance::happydance:

Good story. I agree with lots of what you say.:thumbsup:

Many will not; all part of the FUN! :lol::welcome2:

sounds like you have your priorities in place.

FWIW: I gave Clay Primrose his first job after he was kicked out in 1981 (or thereabouts). The Finance police stole all of the money from the mission.

what is INCOMM?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have no major ax to grind, but still carry a lot of sadness - for a long time I thought the tech was great but the organization was suppressive - now I feel that a lot of the tech is good, but most of the tech, especially on the upper levels is crap.

Some of the good:

TRs
Admin TRs
Study Tech, clay demos
Battleplans
Understanding overts and withholds
Stats and conditions

Some of the bad:

Made to work overnight digging and gardening to meet some building target

Getting paid $20 a week (I think)

While having to dig some huge trench all day long at CC, I was told "A thetan can do anything forever!"

I was discouraged to communicate with my parents and anyone outside

Doctor visits hard to get

No time off

Fair Game

When I was in, the assertion was "Scientology is NOT a religion, but we welcome all religions!" When did SCN become a religion??

I look forward for the REAL light of truth to send all the cockroaches and spiders scampering away...

I agree

Cowsmu?

Patron
INCOMM

sounds like you have your priorities in place.

FWIW: I gave Clay Primrose his first job after he was kicked out in 1981 (or thereabouts). The Finance police stole all of the money from the mission.

what is INCOMM?

INCOMM is the International Network of Computer Organized Management

Their mission was to computerize everything to increase efficiency..

http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/...ork+of+Computer+Organized+Management+(INCOMM)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File_talk:Scientology_INCOMM_Security_Breach_1995_part_1_of_3.ogv

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=343472&sid=434c6915150370da7f7521609984569b

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, cowsmu? (That's not a question. But it's difficult to write a sentence with your nick without it looking like a question.) :coolwink:

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
Wasn't Jorae the Intern supe at Flag in the mid 70's? I Googled her name and all I found was someone by that name that passed away in 1989.
By the way what SF org were you in (which post)?

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
INCOMM is the International Network of Computer Organized Management

Their mission was to computerize everything to increase efficiency..

HAHA! they weren't doing so good while I was there!

I did more on my own than they were doing for us.

I am pretty much assuming they undid all my work when they must have ruled it hacking from an SP rather than the countless hours saved during stat evolution.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Hello, ...snip...

Does anyone have info on:

Foster and Barbara Thompkins
Chuck and Noomi Prenner
John Dunn
Peter
Larry Robinson
Susie LaPlaine
Ginny
JoRae Tibbits
Aziz
Kent Thornell
Flash

Hi

Jorae passed away, cancer, in 1984-85.
Ginnie wrote me, she's out of the Sea Org, forget the details.
Flash, was working in the Motorpool, in March 2003, when I left. Frank Gordon is his real name. His wife works in SMI (Scientology Missions International).
Last I heard of Susie Laplaine, she was at Int, in Exec Strata, likely in Gold or Exec Strata still.
John Dunn has hung in there, still a programmer, either at INCOMM LA or INCOMM Int
Peter Hill, I assume the British fellow, he's on the Freewinds, the ship, forget his position.
If you google Chuck Prenner, you will find his low point marriage ending with Noomi. Both are out, Chuck's in Clearwater I believe, public. Chuck moved out of INCOMM by around 1986-87.
Larry Robinson, think he routed out by 1984-85.

Do you recall the Swedish programmer guys, there was Lars Bystrom and Johann Berlin? Google Johann, he's written a few things about INCOMM's history.

Do you remember John Busby? John's still in, he works in Estates in PAC today.

Do you remember Hank Gould?

Google their names.

You must have been put on the old Gold Construction Team, the "GCT" of the early 1980s. That was a complete slave camp fiasco operation, wasn't it!

I would love someday to hold an INCOMM convention of ex INCOMM staffers willing to speak publicly, and share history.

Remember the "Chug Advices" from LRH, about the Duke of Chug?

Google "Chug advices" and you will see some later INCOMM staffers have written about what LRH's big plans were for the computer to eventually do evaluations.

I've written a bit about INCOMM.

If you need email addresses of anyone to email, I'll give you some.

[email protected]