What's new

Original INCOMM

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Old Thread. 2 year anniversary ;-) Anyway, I recognise all those names. I was there for a little less than a year starting in mid '83. Suzy & Jenny recruited me. Boy, that was a bad decision on my part! Aziz! there's someone I haven't thought of in a million years. He was a cool guy, I don't remember exactly but I think he got booted. I liked Noomi she used to talk to me and was pretty normal, I thought Chuck Prenner was a douche-bag though. Last I heard, last year Flash had a stroke, is still there at the base somewhere. Poor bastard.

More names:

Brian & Celia Patrick
Mary Sierra
Liz Mercier-Gibble
Les Gibble
Martha Dube -Soto
Dennis Soto
Bernadette - as of last year still in still at INCOMM!!
Pat Buglewicz - last I heard at Int.
Patrice Lafferty-Buglewicz - still in, a high muckymuck apparently
Wendy Schultz
Pete Schultz & his gazillion keys on his hip. Could always find him by the trail of 7-11 coffee paper cups
:)

& a cast of thousands who cycled through and out.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
More INCOMM names:

Rich - co-CO, 2nd in command or whatever it was called. Big time computer guy, serious skilz. real nice guy too.

Hank Borland, he was not a Cl.XII at that time.

Barry ? Snr. CS - long time SO, may have been on the Apollo?

Bruce ? from Michigan, estates type guy, didn't like me at all. Pals w/Pete S. who did like me, go figure. :)

Jim Moyer - programmer. Stevens Creek guy. One day I asked him, not knowing a thing about it, "how's that Running Program Pilot thing going?" He just gave me a weird look and shook his head.

Our Germans:
Georg - a cook from Hamburg. Yeah, we had our own cook and dining room.
Toni I. - smokin hot chick from Hamburg? Cl IV auditor. I had the hots for her, too shy to make a move though:nervous:

And another guy who's visa expired so they had to fly him to Vancouver for a day. When he came back was told he needed to get an American wife within 30 days, he failed, and he got shipped back to Germany. Don't remember his name. A programmer I think.

other random people:
A guy who had a withered arm. Wish I could remember his name, he was an auditor.

...the Sea Org? What the f**k was I thinking?

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Bruce Goodwin. Husband of the infamous Leisa Goodwin of OSA fame.

Goodwin! Had an annoying little daughter too.

Wilfred Schmidt. Was the Dir of Promo INCOMM for a long time. Really nice guy.

Another German. I remember him, really a nice guy. Was kind of a gnome never really came out from his basement room with all his printing machines.

Just thought of John Goodman? Goodwin? Seemed like a decent guy. I had seen him around, had never spoken with him. One day I'm on front desk in reception he walks up and says to me, "I know you from somewhere." We've never met as far as I know. All of a sudden I flash mentally on it, "Peru, those big rocks" He got it. He looks at me and says, "yeah". and walks away.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
I saw Rich in Dec 2012, still at the Complex, not in INCOMM for years though.

John Dunn was a computer programmer pretty early on.

Johan forget his last name, he's posted a few times years ago on ARS.

John Busby, John was in LEC at Int Base and transferred to INCOMM.

Foster Tompkins of course, he's in the PAC Mill, runs the CNC router machine in that woodshop.

Foster and LRH brainstormed a whole lotta BS, the "Chug Advices" were LRH's responses to Foster.

And Foster says to Hubbard, "Should we try to contact the drones (the drones circling earth)?" And LRH advises not to do so, since that might cause alien retaliation, etc.

Hubbard was so looney, he believed in his space opera stuff.

Ah, so much history.

One of the early Germans was Gunther, he's contacted me, I lost his email address though.

Bruce Goodman, not Goodwin, he's on Facebook.

I saw Frank Gordon on Facebook too, so he must be out now.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
OK, I tink I got it straight now, Bruce Goodman. John Goodwin. So which one has the OSA wife? Goodwin? Actually now that I think about it a bit more, I vaguely recall his wife was kind of wearing the pants, career-wise even back then.

Did John Busby have big hair? Really wavy? Tech guy? One late night I think it was him, he programmed the Votrax robot voice to say, shall we say, various racial epithets, and put it over the PA. Funny as hell.

I think back on that time and wonder, "was that even me?" Seems weird, I guess I had a sense of wacky adventure. I never could take it too seriously though and knew my time was limited. I saw even then there was NO way I was gonna last. Which is partly why when the SSO tried to hook me up with a 16 year old I hemmed & hawed and declined. Her (public) mother signed off on it, didn't know me, talked to me all of three minutes. Sea Org love.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Leisa Goodman, née Colllins, daughter of Melva Collins in New Zealand.

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/leisa-collins.html

I used to write to her as a Letter Reg at Saint Hill in 1977. I can even remember her 1970s NZ address!

Paul

Thanks for the link Paul.

Sadly her biography at her site, omits mention of those lost years, specifically.

Coming to terms with the decades one is embarrassed to publicly discuss the details of one's occupation in Scientology, reflects so much about Scientology being such an embarrassment and just not something one wants on one's resume.

G

Gottabrain

Old Thread. 2 year anniversary ;-) Anyway, I recognise all those names. I was there for a little less than a year starting in mid '83. Suzy & Jenny recruited me. Boy, that was a bad decision on my part! Aziz! there's someone I haven't thought of in a million years. He was a cool guy, I don't remember exactly but I think he got booted. I liked Noomi she used to talk to me and was pretty normal, I thought Chuck Prenner was a douche-bag though. Last I heard, last year Flash had a stroke, is still there at the base somewhere. Poor bastard.

More names:

Brian & Celia Patrick
Mary Sierra
Liz Mercier-Gibble
Les Gibble
Martha Dube -Soto
Dennis Soto
Bernadette - as of last year still in still at INCOMM!!
Pat Buglewicz - last I heard at Int.
Patrice Lafferty-Buglewicz - still in, a high muckymuck apparently
Wendy Schultz
Pete Schultz & his gazillion keys on his hip. Could always find him by the trail of 7-11 coffee paper cups
:)

& a cast of thousands who cycled through and out.

Les & Liz Mercier-Gibble - I was on the RPF with her in PAC in 1986-1987. Her husband, Les, had died in a motorcycle crash (I believe in '85) and Liz blamed herself or others blamed her for Les being PTS. She pretty much volunteered for the RPF. Nice woman. I remember a very deep discussion we had once about what the general German populace thought about the Nazi era. She was a real sharp woman, beautiful and pleasant. Les was also a real nice guy, it was so sad about the accident.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I saw Rich in Dec 2012, still at the Complex, not in INCOMM for years though.

John Dunn was a computer programmer pretty early on.

Johan forget his last name, he's posted a few times years ago on ARS.

John Busby, John was in LEC at Int Base and transferred to INCOMM.

Foster Tompkins of course, he's in the PAC Mill, runs the CNC router machine in that woodshop.

Foster and LRH brainstormed a whole lotta BS, the "Chug Advices" were LRH's responses to Foster.

And Foster says to Hubbard, "Should we try to contact the drones (the drones circling earth)?" And LRH advises not to do so, since that might cause alien retaliation, etc.

Hubbard was so looney, he believed in his space opera stuff.

Ah, so much history.

One of the early Germans was Gunther, he's contacted me, I lost his email address though.

Bruce Goodman, not Goodwin, he's on Facebook.

I saw Frank Gordon on Facebook too, so he must be out now.

I thought I saw Foster on FB, too. But I went to look for him and couldn't find him.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Sadly her biography at her site, omits mention of those lost years, specifically.

Coming to terms with the decades one is embarrassed to publicly discuss the details of one's occupation in Scientology, reflects so much about Scientology being such an embarrassment and just not something one wants on one's resume.

I'm confused. So, Leisa Goodman is out of the SO and is now a fine artist using her maiden name? Is this correct? If so, I had no idea she was out.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Good lord, the "art" is awful. I don't mean badly executed (though it should be) but every one of her paintings looks like it was done by the school of "That guy who used to do the PBS specials".

And her bio - oh dear.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Les & Liz Mercier-Gibble - I was on the RPF with her in PAC in 1986-1987. Her husband, Les, had died in a motorcycle crash (I believe in '85) and Liz blamed herself or others blamed her for Les being PTS. She pretty much volunteered for the RPF. Nice woman. I remember a very deep discussion we had once about what the general German populace thought about the Nazi era. She was a real sharp woman, beautiful and pleasant. Les was also a real nice guy, it was so sad about the accident.

Wow. That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, Les Gibble from what I remember was a decent guy. A real up and comer in the Scilon world of that time. Yes, Liz was indeed beautiful, pleasant & very sharp. I hope she made it out OK.

I could never buy that line of Scilon "logic" re: PTS-ness. To me it smacks of being an "only one" and not admitting that there are other people in the world whose completely separate actions cross and have potential repercussions with you. Apparently Scilons are supposed to take to heart Hubbard's definition of FULL RESPONSIBILITY.

So if the mechanic on the plane I'm on doesn't tighten that bolt on the engine and the plane crashes because of it, I'm PTS?

Last edited:

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors

Les was driving a car, ran into a truck, he was physically disabled and mentally brain damaged, he lived, he attended some church events in his wheelchair, and Irmin Huber cared for him for years. Not sure what he's doing today though.

In the late 1980s, Irmin was still taking care of Les, as her Sea Org job, and he lived near CC Int for years in a special apartment.

Les implemented the original in house email system at INCOMM Int. I think his accident was in 1983 or 1984.