What's new

OSA capabilities

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I'm on the west coast of Florida and there's a fairly good chance that we'll avoid a major hit here, but these things are unpredictable. I've got to prepare as if it will hit here strongly. The most likely scenario though is losing electric for some days, which isn't particularly fun, but I'll be grateful if that's all that happens.

If it hits the east coast as a category 4 though, which is possible, it's going to be horrific over there, with lots of people losing their homes.
Keep in touch as best you can. We'll hear about it on the news I'm sure, but if you can let us know you are safe.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Take good care. Keep in touch eh.
When these types of storms head your way they're not fun even when they miss you. You don't really know what they're going to do until they actually do it. And it's pretty stressful! Last year we had one coming in for a direct hit but it turned away at the last moment. But still I lost electric for a week.

Anyways, I'm off on a mission to hunt for water.

Free Being Me

Crusader
When these types of storms head your way they're not fun even when they miss you. You don't really know what they're going to do until they actually do it. And it's pretty stressful! Last year we had one coming in for a direct hit but it turned away at the last moment. But still I lost electric for a week.

Anyways, I'm off on a mission to hunt for water.
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. :thumbsup:

freethinker

Sponsor
Explain why criticism, disagreement and an opposite opinion are gaslighting.
Criticism is a tool of gaslighting as are disagreement and opposite opinion.

You say to someone , "I feel really good today" a gaslighter will say, You don't look good, in fact you look pale, are you sure?" That one time is not going to do the trick but gaslighting is not an instantaneous result, it's a continuous wearing down and obliteration of the targets reality so they don't trust their own thoughts anymore.

You go to work and you feel like you got a lot done and did a good job. Someone, could be your boss, might say something like "I've seen you do much better in the past, you need to get more done." That is criticism, opposing opinion and disagreement all rolled into one.

Gaslighting is breaking down little by little until the target questions themselves continually. It's a wearing down process. Even kids use it, like, "Nobody likes you anyway" or just plain "No one likes you". It's saying anything that goes against what you believe, continually, until you can't believe your own thoughts.

Yeah, people disagree, have opposing opinions, and criticize things and it isn't always gaslighting, but when it is continuous opposition to what you believe then it could very likely be gaslighting.

That's one of the reasons why it is so effective, because it doesn't always look like what it is, but when it is continuous, it is highly likely.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Gaslighting - The practice of brainwashing or convincing a mentally healthy individual that they are going insane or that their understanding of reality is mistaken or false. The term “Gaslighting” is based on the 1944 MGM movie “Gaslight”.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Criticism is a tool of gaslighting as are disagreement and opposite opinion.

You say to someone , "I feel really good today" a gaslighter will say, You don't look good, in fact you look pale, are you sure?" That one time is not going to do the trick but gaslighting is not an instantaneous result, it's a continuous wearing down and obliteration of the targets reality so they don't trust their own thoughts anymore.

Gaslighting is breaking down little by little until the target questions themselves continually. It's a wearing down process. Even kids use it, like, "Nobody likes you anyway" or just plain "No one likes you". It's saying anything that goes against what you believe, continually, until you can't believe your own thoughts.

Yeah, people disagree, have opposing opinions, and criticize things and it isn't always gaslighting, but when it is continuous opposition to what you believe then it could very likely be gaslighting.

That's one of the reasons why it is so effective, because it doesn't always look like what it is, but when it is continuous, it is highly likely.
Very good explanation.
It is exactly that and how it works.
Actually it's a dept I almost became an expert in, since I deal with such people for 15 years.

One side effect of people being constantly insulted, but often, in a very subtle manner, is that they always justify and explain themselves non-stop. Example: the are brought to explain the explanation of the explanation of the opinion they have regarding something..because the gaslighter denies it makes any sense all the time with irrelevant questions. People become introverted and in doubt about their critical thinking. ( often the gaslighter insinuate they have mental issues; which in fact is the opposite.

This is very obvious when you read the last week's on the board. A newbie pointed it today!

The real question about an obvious gaslighter is not if he does it or not..the question is Why??? People doing that usually try to hide and cover what they really do as well as their true motives.

A constant behavior you will encounter is the person is arrogant and laugh about people..especially when he is about to be exposed and unveiled; in such case there will be a vigorous attack to smear the perceived danger.
Mean and nasty is the standard.

You always find quarrels and people deeply harmed in the surrounding of those people who in fact are permanently attempting to hide their emptiness.

;)

Last edited:
Okay, has anyone read "Stonewalled" by Cheryl Atkisson? The spooks in the Obama administration SERIOUSLY hacked her Apple laptop. Can OSA do anything like that today?

I am guessing OSA cannot, and it does not need to -- those in the cult don't have computers and are forbidden to access the Net. In the big picture, neutralizing MarkMarty Rathbun was a tempest in a teapot. Sewing dissent to divide the critics gives OSA "wins", but it likewise won't accomplish much (critics are never going to be "okay with" the abuses, and they shouldn't be). "Hurricane Leah Remini" changed the perception of the public; that accomplished much more.

(Note: Cheryl's laptop was issued to her by her employer, CBS News Division. Once she suspected the laptop was compromised, she was probably NOT free to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the operating system and applications from known good CDs/sources.)

Will OSA still be able/willing to kill people's dogs with the bad publicity of Leah's show? Will they defeat the locks on Lynne Fountain-Campbell's hair salon again? With declining OSA manpower, will they spend more on PIs? Will they be confined to "noisy investigations" that can be easily dismissed?

Last edited:

Glenda

Crusader
Very good explanation.
It is exactly what ..actually it's a dept I almost became an expert in..I deal with such people for 15 years.

One side effect of people being constantly insulted, but often, in a very subtle manner, is that they always justify and explain themselves non-stop. Example: the are brought to explain the 4xplanation of the explanation of the opini9n they have regarding someth8ng..because the gaslighter denies it makes any sense all the time. People become introveryed and in doubt about their critical thinking.

This is very obvious when you read the last week's on the board. A newbie pointed it today!

The real question is not if he does it or not..the question is Why??? People doing that usually try to hide and cover what they really do as well as their true motives.

A constant behavior you will encounter is the person is arrogant and laugh about people..especially when he is about to be exposed and unveilef; in such case there will be a vigorous attack to smear the person.

;)
Good explanation Lotus (& others above). Thanks.

Here is a simple but real example:

Person A (gaslightee): Let's go out for dinner tonight.
Person B (gaslighter): We can't afford it.
A: But we set aside a bit of money for date-nights. We agreed that it was important to have some time together.
B: I had to use that to pay bills. You've overspent on groceries, again.
A: I didn't spend more than usual on groceries. I was very careful because we are saving up for our trip away.
B: [says nothings, but gives a very disapproving look)

Repeat this type of pattern over several months on various topics. Person A becomes more and more baffled, doubting their own reality because goal posts seem to be constantly shifting. The classic "nothing I do or say seems acceptable". A sense of something is wrong but not being able to determine what it is. There is a combination of definable criticism and some very subtle things which are difficult to spot. This is high level manipulation.

Now dig. Really dig. Find the lies that Person B is hiding. 100% of the time they will be there. It may be a myriad of things that are being hidden beneath this type of manipulation which can include the gaslighters own deep sense of inadequacies, etc. People that aren't hiding stuff and are interacting with others in a reasonably straight forward way don't use these tactics with any regularity or malicious intent. These tactics, used systemically, are designed to alter another persons sense of themselves and their reality of outward events. The bottom line is the tactics are used to deflect off the gaslighter and make the target look crazy, inferior, defective. Gaslighters tend to be highly amused by the mess they make. They get their kicks out of it.

Final word: boundaries.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
You mean like what's done to me on every single thread and post here, lately? Including yours right here?

Hypocrisy is not an argument, BB. Good arguments need to be logically consistent. They must begin with known and provable premises.

Hypocrisy begins with premises that are unknown to the hypocrite and proceed from there to contradict themselves.

Critics criticizing critics for criticizing critics, for example.