OSA capabilities

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
A troll is not necessarily a gaslighter but let a gaslighter loose on internet ( in any group) he will behave like a troll..a nasty one.

They are "small" beings..but, the danger is the psychological harm they can inflict to people who let them enter in their life thinking they are good people...while they will squeeze the soul till there is nothing left but despair.

One has to watch the original movie to understand how deep it can go.

Thanks to @Glenda
Great example of how subtle it might be in the beginning. But it always escalate till there is nothing left....

Last edited:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I think that using the term "gas lightning" to describe what Alanzo is doing is a form of gas lightning in itself.

Critic A: "You've been duped, please read my conspiracy theory so you can be as informed as I am, also, use my newly invented vocabulary for it so I can control the narrative a bit easier!"
Critic B: "Go away, you're agitating/trolling/being an OSA op/plain stupid/too posh/gas lightning. Please refrain from invalidaddying my reality."
So it goes on in ad infinitum.

Who's gas lightning whom?

Does this mean that I'm also a gas lighter?

Ridiculous.

Alanzo is who he is, and disagreeing with him doesn't mean that one or several people are anything more then opposing parties in an ongoing discussion. I ask for less labeling, more tolerance and discussions as to why one does disagree.

Let me point out one thing: In the old days, burglars (or OSA people or CO$'s hired goons) could steal your security cameras AND the central recording unit. So the recorded footage of the burglary would not be available to try to identify the culprits.

But now, with cloud storage, the tables are turned. We can record Scientologists with cell phones, and they can record us with cell phones. But we can also protect the "home front" while we are out enjoying our "wog" lives! Just like they protect their "home front", their precious "org", with cameras.

(DM doesn't want any damage to his real estate empire, you know.)

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
A troll is not necessarily a gaslighter but let à gaslighter loose on internet ( in any group) heveill behave like a troll..a nasty one.

They ate small beings..the danger is the psychological harm the can do to people who let them enter in their life thinking they are good people...whole they will squeeze the soul till there is nothing but despair left.

One has to watch the original movie to understand how deep it can go.

Thanks to @Glenda
Great example of how subtle it might be in the beginning. But it always escalate till there is nothing left....

Explain why criticism, disagreement and an opposite opinion are gaslighting.
Good posts so far., especially about gaslighting. I wonder how often it is that people who do this to their partners / work colleagues actually know (as in the sense of consciously know) that they're doing it? One person is trying to take the relationship / company into a more alive and conscious space, the other person senses this and feels threatened by it and tries to keep things in the zone in which they're most comfortable. It probably happens more than you think.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I think that using the term "gas lightning" to describe what Alanzo is doing is a form of gas lightning in itself.

Critic A: "You've been duped, please read my conspiracy theory so you can be as informed as I am, also, use my newly invented vocabulary for it so I can control the narrative a bit easier!"
Critic B: "Go away, you're agitating/trolling/being an OSA op/plain stupid/too posh/gas lightning. Please refrain from invalidaddying my reality."

Ridiculous.

Alanzo is who he is, and disagreeing with him doesn't mean that one or several people are anything more then opposing parties in an ongoing discussion. I ask for less labeling, more tolerance and discussions as to why one does disagree.
Discussions, yes. Esmb used to value the discussion. Now it only seems to value whether you are in or out of the group.

And if you don't agree that Mike Rinder Karen <deleted> and Tony Ortega aren't the saviors of ex scientology, you're out, labeled a troll, and everything you say is gasligting in pursuit of the destruction of esmb.

Do you know who that kind of hysteria sounds like?

Karen.​

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Discussions, yes. Esmb used to value the discussion. Now it only seems to value whether you are in or out of the group.

And if you don't agree that Mike Rinder Karen <deleted> and Tony Ortega aren't the saviors of ex scientology, you're out, labeled a troll, and everything you say is gasligting in pursuit of the destruction of esmb.

Karen.​
W. T. F.?

When are the posts of one or two members defining what ESMB is? I don't agree with the comments calling you a troll. I don't agree with the comments saying this is gaslighting. And I haven't seen a significant number of other members agreeing with that.

I support your right to post the things you do. I don't necessarily agree with you but I have no trouble with you posting stuff.

Aaaand I support other's rights that claim you are trolling or gaslighting -- which I DO NOT agree with. They are not the majority and cannot tell others what to say -- -- -- and neither can you.

Stop with being such a whiner and just be a part of the various discussions -- or not, your choice.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Well, as long as we're discussing narcissistic manipulation, let's bring up the subject of "hoovering".

It's usually used in the context of a romantic relationship, but it can extend to any relationship that a person has with a narcissist.

https://narcissistabusesupport.com/red-flags/what-is-hoovering/

The act of hoovering is named after the Hoover vacuum and its power to suck everything up. In this case, the narcissist is sucking you back into their lives. The timing of hoovering happens after a breakup, or discard, or a choice you make to leave the relationship.

The difficult part of hoovering is that like the manipulation of a narcissist it starts off slowly and will look well intended.

Imagine you have been with someone for years, and they reach out to make sure you are ok after the breakup. That feels good to know they still care, but this tactic is used to control you. That first innocent text, or checking in late at night, warm your heart to the possibility that this break up isn’t final yet. They have hooked you by planting a seed of hope.

No One

a girl is no one
Good posts so far., especially about gaslighting. I wonder how often it is that people who do this to their partners / work colleagues actually know (as in the sense of consciously know) that they're doing it? One person is trying to take the relationship / company into a more alive and conscious space, the other person senses this and feels threatened by it and tries to keep things in the zone in which they're most comfortable. It probably happens more than you think.
Wow that sounds like my company. I'll need to watch this movie.

No One

a girl is no one

Ridiculous.

:p

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Karen.​
You do seem to be defining us as being primarily in one of two groups: Supportive of Mike and Karen or non- supportive and somewhere in between.

Do we really pigeonhole into these groups as you say or is it more that you need us to be in definable groups because it is easier to target and invalidate our positions as a perceived group?

I don't think I have referred to any of these people as "saviors". Can I see a show of hands of anyone here who has called them saviors? Hmm, seems to be another poorly veiled attempt to characterize people who don't agree with you as blind followers with invalid opinions.

I do think the terms of troll and gaslighting have been tossed around too lightly and have taken on one possible definition of anyone who disagrees or doesn't convert. If I tell you that I think we are all trolls and gaslighters now can we move on?

So...Karen and anyone who sounds like her is hysterical? And sounding like Karen means: "And if you don't agree that Mike Rinder Karen <deleted> and Tony Ortega aren't the saviors of ex scientology, you're out, labeled a troll, and everything you say is gasligting in pursuit of the destruction of esmb."

Woa, that's a lot to unpack. Let me just say that application of Scientology Marketing Positioning is supposed to be subtle. When you want someone to associate Scientology speed of service with a rocket ship, for example, you don't want it to be so obvious that they immediately think about the amateurish PR Survey that gave them the button of "rocket ship".

I don't agree that Mike, Karen and Tony are saviors so does that mean Karen hysterically thinks I'm a troll or gaslighting? It doesn't quite work does it? And BTW, I think you used a double negative there.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Keep in touch as best you can. We'll hear about it on the news I'm sure, but if you can let us know you are safe.
It appears I'm relatively safe as the storm took a different track than earlier anticipated, although it is moving very slow and I won't feel totally safe until this goes by. Most of the computer models are consistent in showing it's going to stay to the east, but one of them does have it coming across the state, and history shows these things are not as predictable as the weather guys like to show.

The bad news though is that this thing has grown into a monster. If there was such thing as a category 6 hurricane than this would be a Cat 6.
Sustained winds are 175-180 mph ( 281-290 kph) and in this one report the talking head thought there are probably wind gusts over 200 mph (322 kph).
It's just crushing the northern Bahama's right now as I write this.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I do think the terms of troll and gaslighting have been tossed around too lightly and have taken on one possible definition of anyone who disagrees or doesn't convert. If I tell you that I think we are all trolls and gaslighters now can we move on?
I loved your post just above, but don't agree that the term "gaslighting" has been tossed around too lightly, at least by me. ;)

I will make a case for that later, but will just say that that is not a term I would just toss out lightly as it is a serious accusation.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I was about to PM you to see how you are doing ... thanks for the update.

Stay safe.
I'm doing better....thank-you! And the west coast of Florida is generally doing better because they're out of what the weather guys call the "cone of uncertainty" which shows probabilities of the hurricanes projected path. But a pretty fair percentage of them don't follow their projected path.

I've spent many hours over the past couple days attempting to buy bottled water, and have been unsuccessful in that endeavor. But Walmart's bringing in many tractor trailer loads of it so I should be able to get some in the next day or two.Many were unable to find gas either a couple days ago but I did see stations that had it yesterday.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I'm doing better....thank-you! And the west coast of Florida is generally doing better because they're out of what the weather guys call the "cone of uncertainty" which shows probabilities of the hurricanes projected path. But a pretty fair percentage of them don't follow their projected path.

I've spent many hours over the past couple days attempting to buy bottled water, and have been unsuccessful in that endeavor. But Walmart's bringing in many tractor trailer loads of it so I should be able to get some in the next day or two.Many were unable to find gas either a couple days ago but I did see stations that had it yesterday.
I've been watching it and trying to keep track of it and it certainly looks freaky ... hopefully it will blow itself out and soon.

I hope you can get hold of some water tomorrow just in case.