ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

OSA capabilities

Discussion in 'Office of Special Affairs' started by Emma, Aug 29, 2019.

1. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks Scooter,

re:
    Being that the USA is approx 13 times the population and has much higher numbers than Australia, plus Flag the biggest income earner, I wonder is this leads to OSA being more effective in the USA.

I don't know a whole lot about all their activities and think it would be good to have a brief list of the categories of their 'branches' and the activities listed here in this thread and that might be a bit of a framework for further input and discussion.
    Personally, I think OSA has been getting some wins in some of the safepointing in the USA, but starting to fail more in the legal area and definitely in the broader public opinion area. I do have some concern because they think they are above the law that OSA is probably still doing a lot of Investigation and compiling of dossiers but getting a bit soft on its noisy investigations and is using more PI's and probably cyber spying.
    Those are just general impressions..

As regards the weather.....this site is a great source of many very good linkages. and I have spent a few hours on it in the last week..

https://spaghettimodels.com

[​IMG]

Type4_PTS likes this.
  2. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Understood. My concern isn't just about how the term is used on the forum but in general. Like "racist" has been so overused and generalized that it now essentially means anyone who doesn't agree with the race based industry or anyone who opposes reparations. Democrats are calling Republicans a cult and visa versa. Maybe both demonstrate some cult qualities but do we really want to go there? When everything is a cult then it provides cover for real cults like Scientology because it waters down the meaning and then some professor can get away with redefining cults as sub-groups or minor religions. It's probably already too late for "gaslighting" as it has become so overused that it can mean any head games.

Even Cyrano de Bergerac could be considered a gaslighter.

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

BB, why are you gaslighting me and posting such a racist comment? :eek:

OK, just kidding, :D, and your point is taken. I didn't realize that the term "gaslighting" has been overused in the same way that "racist" has been.

4. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

LOL!

I suppose it is a matter of opinion whether gaslighting is being overused anywhere but I think it is important that the meaning not be minimized in a way that benefits Scientology.

JustSheila, Lurker5 and Type4_PTS like this.
  5. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Crikey. Just wondering, at what wind speed is that actually dangerous? I would have thought it was a long way before the final wind speed shown.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Momentary or sustained? I imagine at some relatively low speed (150 mph?) , facing into it, it's impossible to breathe because of the chest pressure. That guy was only there for several seconds, less on the last one.

Paul

7. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

That's funny, I've just been informed by the BBC that it's the second most powerful hurricane in history, the most powerful being back in 1980.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  8. strativarius

Well, I remember our 'Great Storm' of 1987. I don't know how fast the wind was blowing, but I lived on the third-floor, and dustbin lids and 'For Sale' boards and all kinds of stuff was flying past my window. Getting hit by something like that could be pretty nasty. Dangerous enough I'd say.

9. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

From experience with typhoons on Okinawa, the flying debris can be very dangerous. Trash can lids, loose trash and whatnot. Not to mention live wires falling. Best to snuggle in with libations and a good book and wait it out. Not what you can do in a wind tunnel of course.

10. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Is the BBC god?

11. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

There's a whole slew of hurricane records for trivia night in this link - greatest distance traveled, most deaths, most tornadoes spawned, wind speed, costliest, severity, which months spawn the most her-a-canes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlantic_hurricane_records

But this graph portends more on the way with it's rising stats:

[​IMG]

12. strativarius

Your question is so fucking stupid it doesn't really deserve an answer. I am merely repeating what the BBC is reporting. OK?

Emma likes this.
  13. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Touchy aren't we.

The BBC is wrong.

Most intense landfalling tropical cyclones in the United States
    Intensity is measured solely by central pressure
    Rank System Season Landfall pressure
    1 "Labor Day" 1935 892 mbar (hPa)
    2 Camille 1969 900 mbar (hPa)
    Yutu 2018
    4 Michael 2018 919 mbar (hPa)
    5 Katrina 2005 920 mbar (hPa)
    Maria 2017
    7 Andrew 1992 922 mbar (hPa)
    8 "Indianola" 1886 925 mbar (hPa)
    9 "Guam" 1900 926 mbar (hPa)
    10 "Florida Keys" 1919 927 mbar (hPa)
    Source: HURDAT,[12] Hurricane
    Research Division[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Andrew

The 10 Most Powerful Hurricanes and Typhoons in History

https://www.thoughtco.com/most-powerful-hurricanes-and-typhoons-in-world-history-3443613

14. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Fox currently shows Dorian as cat 4 winds 145 mph. Unofficial reports are saying 185 MPH and should be cat 6.

15. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

An interesting correlation between Hurricane Sandy oct 22 - 30 2012 ( largest Atlantic storm ever, Gale diameter) and 3 solar flares - M9 flare - oct. 20, M5 flare oct 22, X1 flare oct 23 and a large CME oct 26

Hurricane Sandy (2012) Hurricane Sandy was an Atlantic tropical cyclone which affected parts of the Caribbean, Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States in late October 2012, and became the largest Atlantic hurricane in diameter, with winds spanning 1,100 miles (1,800 km). wiki

Active Region on the Sun Emits Another Flare
    The sun emitted a significant solar flare on Oct. 22, 2012, peaking at 11:17 p.m. EDT. The flare came from an active region on the left side of the sun that has been numbered AR 1598, which has already been the source of a number of weaker flares. This flare was classified as an X1.8-class flare.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/News102312-xflare.html

16. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Latest report from Fox is Dorian is moving North and slightly East, changing its track.

Andrew 1992

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Poor Bahamas stuck with Dorian which is down to 130 MPH. It has been sitting in the same spot for 22 hours.

They say it will move North tomorrow and miss most everybody except for storm surge and rain.

18. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

For those of us not in the US, can someone explain if Dorian is going to affect Scientology? Maybe destroy an Ideal Org or two?

Leland likes this.
  19. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

It won't. I remember one year where it did threaten but they put all the OT VII's and VIII's in session and it changed course.

That did happen, that they put the 7's and 8's in session, and there was a hurricane on the west coast of Florida and it did change direction but I don't think sessions had anything to do with it.

20. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Oh ye of little faith.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019