What's new

OSA 'Cathy' at St Hill

another

Patron
I had a brief chat today with someone called 'Cathy' in the OSA department at St Hill Scientology HQ, East Grinstead UK.

We discussed my letter that I sent to the head of OSA last week

She was a bit non commital but had quite a kind voice. She assured me that the scientology fair game policy has been discontinued. So that really put my mind at rest. Could anyone tell me Cathy's surname or what sort of job she does for OSA?

(no one at St Hill seems to give their surname - is there any specific reason for that?)

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
Well that is a relief. fair game is cancelled. woha, wait a minute. fair game is but what about disconnection. That (per the church) is the choice that each scientologist makes independent of the COS right.

Maybe ask cathy about disconnection/ shunning. Better yet, if you want to experience it in present time. Let Cathy know that you post on ESMB and see how fast she exercises her human right to shun on behalf of a religion.

frhidden

Patron with Honors
I had a brief chat today with someone called 'Cathy' in the OSA department at St Hill Scientology HQ, East Grinstead UK.

Could anyone tell me Cathy's surname or what sort of job she does for OSA?

(no one at St Hill seems to give their surname - is there any specific reason for that?)

From a previous ESMB post:

"Cathy (Catherine Julia) Sproule now appears to be Cathy Gouws."

Terril park

Sponsor

She was a bit non commital but had quite a kind voice. She assured me that the scientology fair game policy has been discontinued. So that really put my mind at rest. Could anyone tell me Cathy's surname or what sort of job she does for OSA?

Of course there is no fair game! These clowns were outside Marty's house for 199 days in a zealous attempt to sell some "Way To Happiness" books.

frontcoverphoto.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
Yet, there are no lawsuits, just guys in camera hats, and there haven't been any affidavits - of consequence - from Marty or Mike.

Both Miscavige and Rathbun&Rinder are behaving in a restrained fashion.

This is a PR war, with each side busy protecting and promoting the "good name" of L. Ron Hubbard, and the "legacy" and future of Scientology, while having a feud which allows Marty&Mike to effectively use Hubbard's public ("wog") opinion manipulation tech, which establishes them as the true&good on-Source Scientologists fighting the out-tech, off-policy, off-Source anti-Scientologists, the bad Miscavologists.

"...With all the Private Investigator activity that Marty and Mike were reporting, in my opinion what they were reporting seemed lame and tame. In my experience with the same activity perpetrated by the Scientology conglomerate legal and intelligence dis-abler mechanism (Which Marty and Mike were a significant part of), my experiences with Private Investigator activity were far more extreme. Comparatively speaking, it seemed to me that Marty and Mike were having more of a lovers spat [with Miscavige] as opposed to a real showdown."

Jesse Prince, from about a year ago.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Google? It's basically a way of hiding.

Hubbard also makes the point in policy that the post is the important thing, not the individual. So one asks to see the Director of Processing, for example, and not Joanie Twickers (made-up name). Useful when posts change with such frequency.

Paul

themadhair

Patron Meritorious
She assured me that the scientology fair game policy has been discontinued. So that really put my mind at rest.
Except that the cancellation letter states “This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP”, merely the public announcing of fair game ceased.

Then there is that whole matter where, for example, Scientology tried to claim in court that fair game was a ‘core practice of Scientology’ that should be deserving of constitutional protection:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=3904516586589000531

If that put your mind at ease someone should try selling you a bridge. Oh wait…

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Yet, there are no lawsuits, just guys in camera hats, and there haven't been any affidavits - of consequence - from Marty or Mike.

This is a PR war, with each side busy protecting and promoting the "good name" of L. Ron Hubbard, and the "legacy" and future of Scientology, while having a feud which allows Marty&Mike to effectively use Hubbard's public ("wog") opinion manipulation tech, which establishes them as the true&good on-Source Scientologists fighting the out-tech, off-policy, off-Source anti-Scientologists, the bad Miscavologists.

"...With all the Private Investigator activity that Marty and Mike were reporting, in my opinion what they were reporting seemed lame and tame. In my experience with the same activity perpetrated by the Scientology conglomerate legal and intelligence dis-abler mechanism (Which Marty and Mike were a significant part of), my experiences with Private Investigator activity were far more extreme. Comparatively speaking, it seemed to me that Marty and Mike were having more of a lovers spat [with Miscavige] as opposed to a real showdown."

Like ruminant animals locking horns and going through a ritualised struggle, unable to actually damage each other because their anatomy prevents it.

1310020184141978.jpg

Purple Rain

Crusader
Except that the cancellation letter states “This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP”, merely the public announcing of fair game ceased.

Then there is that whole matter where, for example, Scientology tried to claim in court that fair game was a ‘core practice of Scientology’ that should be deserving of constitutional protection:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=3904516586589000531

If that put your mind at ease someone should try selling you a bridge. Oh wait…

Yes, in 1984 Justice Latey found that fair game was still being practised by the "Church" despite its supposed cancellation when he decided that custody of two minor children should be awarded to the mother in order that they be protected from the influence of Scientology.

See Arnie Lerma's page about it.

Her surname is LIAR and her job is to lie. The way to greet her is not :
"Hi Cathy", but, "Lie Cathy".

British Mom

Patron with Honors

There was a Cathy Spoule when I was there, but I left in '95, so not sure if its same one. She was on the RPF for years, obviously got out of there in the end. She was in OSA.

another

Patron
From a previous ESMB post:

"Cathy (Catherine Julia) Sproule now appears to be Cathy Gouws."

So it's probably Cathy Gouws ne Sproule.

Does anyone know what her present job entails?

How long has she been a scientology staff member?

What previous posts has she had?

What information would she have on staff and public scientologists?

Why was she on the RPF and how long for?

I just would really like a CV of the people I'm communicating with at St Hill.

Thank you everyone at esmb for all the helpful information!

Cathy says someone is going to write me a letter in reply to my letter. Somehow (and I may be wrong) I don't think it's going to be a very warm or compassionate missive but I'm interested to see what it says.

HCO Chief

Tom Sproule, who was D/CO Ethics and Image CLO UK when I was there, was Cathy Sproule's husband, even though he never saw her for years, but he left the SO and remarried so I doubt she is still a Sproule if that is the same woman. Fair game was never truly cancelled, it's worse than ever.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
So it's probably Cathy Gouws ne Sproule.

Does anyone know what her present job entails?

How long has she been a scientology staff member?

What previous posts has she had?

What information would she have on staff and public scientologists?

Why was she on the RPF and how long for?

I just would really like a CV of the people I'm communicating with at St Hill.

Thank you everyone at esmb for all the helpful information!

Cathy says someone is going to write me a letter in reply to my letter. Somehow (and I may be wrong) I don't think it's going to be a very warm or compassionate missive but I'm interested to see what it says.

Cathy was Judy Tampion's communicator back in the days of the GO, when the GO got nuked she joined the SO and morphed happily into OSA. She was CO OSA UK when I was there in 87. I heard that she got RPFed a while back not sure why. Might be worth asking around about that.

So bear in mind she has been hard core for over 30 years.

She is not going to cut you any slack, she is going to think that every delay she can put in your way is a victory, every time she can put you off is a win.

She will try to get you to back off, to be "polite" she will act hurt and she will try to convince you that by easing up on her it will make things go faster.

DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Her job is to destroy you and win for Hubbard. make no mistake about it.

another

Patron
Cathy was Judy Tampion's communicator back in the days of the GO, when the GO got nuked she joined the SO and morphed happily into OSA. She was CO OSA UK when I was there in 87. I heard that she got RPFed a while back not sure why. Might be worth asking around about that.

So bear in mind she has been hard core for over 30 years.

She is not going to cut you any slack, she is going to think that every delay she can put in your way is a victory, every time she can put you off is a win.

She will try to get you to back off, to be "polite" she will act hurt and she will try to convince you that by easing up on her it will make things go faster.

DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Her job is to destroy you and win for Hubbard. make no mistake about it.

Thank you. That's crystal.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
What Mick said.

Plus, don’t be tricked into trusting her or any other cultist. They might act all nice and friendly, but if you as much as look as though you might be anti, she will throw you under a bus. And then tell everyone how it was all your own fault.

Someone who knew Cathy and was friends with her way back when they both worked at St Hill, made the mistake of having a friendly chat with her a few years ago, reminiscing ‘bout the old days and all that. When it became obvious that this person was now a critic, Cathy got them fair-gamed big time.

OSA-bots purpose is to ‘protect’ their cult. Anything else is irrelevant.

When someone joins OSA, they go through a ceremony where they have to strip naked, swim in the lake at St Hill and then have a mock operation where a sheep’s heart is ‘extracted’ from their chest, labelled ‘humanity’ and burnt. This is meant to symbolise – well actually I’m not sure exactly what it symbolises – something about not having ‘human’ weaknesses anymore and devoting oneself totally and without question to ‘the cause’.

Axiom142

* Some events may have been exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Div6

Crusader

As "public opinion manipulation tech" is a recurring meme, I would just like to point out that it pre-dates Hubbard. There is a fascinating documentary on its roots and origins, put together by the BBC, called "A Century of Self".
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9167657690296627941

Topically, this documentary traces the roots back to a nephew of Freud, and Freud's daughter Anna. Opposing the Freudians was Wilhelm Reich, and later the Self Awareness movements and EST. It concludes with showing how focus groups and polling were used effectively by the Clinton campaign and Labor Party in England. Hubbard's "tech" doesn't even come close to this degree of sophisticated application...