What's new

OSA Fake Journalist Spy John Connolly

RogerB

Crusader
A visual of John Connolly, in case he runs into you....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/author/john-connolly/

This I'm sure is the guy that came up to me after my presentation to the FZ Conference in Pasadena!

He stated he was a "journalist" . . . and I immediately said, "Oh, we have an OSA operative." . . . he sort of reacted in a non-reactive, holding his TR0 in kind of way.

He had a question regarding my mention of the Free Zoners and old time early Scn being "rebels."

After his studied "no-response" . . . . and what was interesting, he actually appeared to spiritually go absent while maintaining his TRs . . . I simply said, "So what, it doesn't matter I may as well let you and the church know what this is all about. It may even help get straight!" Whereupon the guy actually came back into affinity and came up tone!

He never did follow up as he promised he would:p

Rog

Div6

Crusader
This is another "OSA Stooge":

http://www.bsos.umd.edu/anth/People/FacStaff/faculty/wstuart/index.html

Dr. William T. Stuart

Sylvia and Sue in DC sent him "in" to talk to the Anons early on, stating he was interested in studying the "phenomena". The give-away though, was that he wore a blue tooth phone device in his ear the whole time, and was obviously being coached on what to say and ask by his "OSA" handlers.

It was laughable in the extreme.......

TG1

Angelic Poster
Div 6, interesting. But how do you know "Sylvia and Sue" (from FCDC?) are the ones who "sent him 'in' ...."? Couldn't anyone have been communicating to him via his bluetooth?

I'm at a loss on John Connolly. He's obviously a professional information barterer. He's less of an actual reporter and editor, and more of a person who snoops out stories, and he now turns out to be a person who has been in the business of derailing stories and derailing actual material being put out that would reflect badly on Scientology.

He once urged me not to put out the letter I got from Eliot Abelson, but he didn't know, because I didn't explain it to him, that I had already posted Eliot's slightly threatening letter to me, in 2005, right after I received the letter from Abelson.

John's a very smooth talking person, and I suppose that if one is in that type of business, bartering information, one can make one's living getting paid by groups like Scientology which have their own intelligence branch that subcontracts info snooping tactics.

The longrange solution is just eliminate OSA, cancel the OSA Network Orders, and get Scientology out of the intelligence business, no matter what LRH said in policy (like Simon Boliver PL, which is the basis for MSH's role in the Guardian's Office).

I've left three messages on John's answering machine, and normally he calls me back within 24 hours whenever I leave him a message.

He's actually been very helpful in advice and briefing me on things I had questions on.

I think he might just turn this into a story himself, as a way out of this predicament.

Or else, as I suspect, this is above my paygrade, meaning I have no idea about the job security of people like John who are information barterers. They might be secure in their positions, and they might not get in trouble for selling groups like Scientology, information and low level blocking tactics, like when John urged me not to post the letter from Eliot Abelson (when I just hadn't told John I had already posted it).

LRH in one of the PR series says use reporters to write stuff for "us" in certain circumstances.

Hopefully this will break as a news story, on John's activities, and he's NOT answering his phone still though.

But he's in a different league, this I feel is above my paygrade to even speculate if he's gonna get in trouble at Vanity Fair for this, maybe it's allowed, maybe it's part of the culture of news media, that people like John barter news on the side, maybe this is moonlighting and he's within their code of conduct.

I just haven't read about this type of news and information gathering and getting paid for it, like John apparantly has been doing for Scientology for years.

It'd be interesting if any of the others who were "taken" like I was, by John, if any of them are like me NOT getting answers to calls or our emails to John.

In any case, OSA's having to experience some downstats this week.

And likely, if there are other "moles" or whatever John is considered, that all the other info spies that OSA's using are being put on hold for a moment, for fear of being exposed ALSO.

Chuck, I would LOVE for you to write up your own story, and tell the untold stories of other Ex SO that you have been in comm with, with their cooperation and consent, of course. We have enough collective talent here to be our own writers/journalists/marketers/publishers/producers!!! :happydance:

Thank you Michael and Chuck for the head's up about this individual. :thumbsup:

Div6

Crusader
Div 6, interesting. But how do you know "Sylvia and Sue" (from FCDC?) are the ones who "sent him 'in' ...."? Couldn't anyone have been communicating to him via his bluetooth?

By talking to him....buying him a beer, and watching the "flow" of his interaction and responses. He has done work with them before.

I'm confused

I'm confused about these OSA operatives. As and example,the fellow ID'ed as an operative, Dr. Stuart, is Chair of the Anthropolgy Dept. at Univ. of Maryland and has been since 1988, among other things. Why would a guy like this opt to go "undercover" for a lousy church and risk(?) his career?
Nothing that I saw in his CV indicates, at least to me, that he would be up for this.

Please note that I am NOT defending anyone nor am I denouncing anyone's opinion. I just want to get an idea of how this would occur.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I'm confused about these OSA operatives. As and example,the fellow ID'ed as an operative, Dr. Stuart, is Chair of the Anthropolgy Dept. at Univ. of Maryland and has been since 1988, among other things. Why would a guy like this opt to go "undercover" for a lousy church and risk(?) his career?
Nothing that I saw in his CV indicates, at least to me, that he would be up for this.

Please note that I am NOT defending anyone nor am I denouncing anyone's opinion. I just want to get an idea of how this would occur.

Arthur Dent's info above provides the insights that lead to answers to your question.

The smarter the guy and the more removed from daily life (as most academics are), the more they covet street cred.

Plus, he lives in Greater DC -- spyland.

Plus, every professor moonlights -- although they call it "consulting."

Plus, as his bios indicate new religions / cults are his anthropological research sites. Margaret Mead went to Borneo. This guy goes to Scientology.

Plus, he looks like a goober.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . The smarter the guy and the more removed from daily life (as most academics are) . . .

xgllya_2.gif

Div6

Crusader

He wasn't so much "undercover" as he was just a hired stooge offering a "plausible pretext" to pump potential info out of anons......this was early on in the Anon evolution (mid-2008) and they were still trying to find the "leaders"....

Infinite

He wasn't so much "undercover" as he was just a hired stooge offering a "plausible pretext" to pump potential info out of anons......this was early on in the Anon evolution (mid-2008) and they were still trying to find the "leaders"....

Our leader is hiding in plain sight . . .

tommy_davis_top.jpg

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I'm at a loss on John Connolly. He's obviously a professional information barterer. He's less of an actual reporter and editor, and more of a person who snoops out stories, and he now turns out to be a person who has been in the business of derailing stories and derailing actual material being put out that would reflect badly on Scientology. ··<snip>
I've been re-reading this post by Chuck a couple of times.. Something about it nags me.. The way that this character, John Connolly, apparently had ingratiated himself to Chuck and becoming a confidante and someone to ask advice on anything re. the media fight with The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.

Hmm.. I'm not surprized that an ex-scilon could be needing advice from someone savvy with WOG media and legal issues and such.. And obviously OSA, and John Connolly, inserted themselves deftly to fill this need. Not that they intended any such thing..

John Connolly being above suspicion for a lenght of time there...

I think this post by Chuck is very important!

For an OSA Operative to succeed he need to be a trusted person. Someone above suspicion..

I think Chuck got suspicious when John Connolly adviced not to publish the letter from Eliot Abelson. I don't know how John Connolly justified it. Maybe he said that there could be legal risks? - Maybe he 'explained' that it was of no public interest and would turn public off.. I'm certain he had a nice plausible 'story' about why it was a bad idea to publish. Using his media expertise to impress Chuck..

This kind of innocious thing is how to spot an OSA OP! - It's quite insidious isn't it?

How could Chuck be absolutely sure? - He could'nt.. Not at the time, and with only that small 'indicator'.

We need to keep our wits about us!

:yes:

Infinite

. . . <snip> . . . I think Chuck got suspicious when John Connolly adviced not to publish the letter from Eliot Abelson. I don't know how John Connolly justified it. Maybe he said that there could be legal risks? - Maybe he 'explained' that it was of no public interest and would turn public off.. I'm certain he had a nice plausible 'story' about why it was a bad idea to publish. Using his media expertise to impress Chuck . . . <snip> . . .

For the ins and outs of how John Connolly might have justified his request to Chuck, you might want to direct your inquiries towards Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder; Connolly was, after all, one of their operatives for close to 20 years. Trouble is, M&M are still keeping their secrets to themselves. Still, this is one of the strings that need to be pulled if Scientology ever wishes to repair the damage it has done, come clean and have any semblance of respect in the community it seeks to serve.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
John Connally Scientology paid SPY in HIDING. Has photobucket remove his image

~~~
Here is John Connally

img-author-photo---john-connolly_223819541290.jpg

POSING as a "Vanity Fair Contributing Editor"
Does "Vanity Fair" know he is Church of Scientology
Office of Special Affairs Intelligence agent ?

Vanity Fair is a highbrow New York Literary magazine.
Not a tabloid.

It is owned by Conde Naste.
I think it would be fun to let their Legal department know
how John Connally is bandying around the name of Vanity Fair while he works for the CULT

I wonder if he has exposed Conde Naste to legal problems as he boldly and flagrantly represented himself as a legitimate Journalist of Vanity Fair when he was spying for Office of Special AFFAIRS, the intelligence arm of DM's cult

Condé Naste
4 Times Square
NY 10036
(212) 286-2860

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reporting "Journalist" on Scientology payroll

http://www.observer.com/2011/media/...r-reporting-church-scientology-or-its-payroll

March 1, 2011 | 2:05 p.m
Was a Vanity Fair Editor Secretly Working for the Church of Scientology?
+Enlarge

JohnConnally.png

Gawker.com, where the author is employed as a staff writer, declined to publish this story.

Did the Church of Scientology use a Vanity Fair contributing editor to infiltrate and gather intelligence on the cult's enemies in the media?

John Connolly is a well-known, and well-liked, character in New York media circles. He's a former NYPD detective and stock broker who landed a third career as an investigative reporter for Vanity Fair, where he is a contributing editor, Radar, the Daily Beast, Gawker, and other outlets. Connolly is an investigator of the old school, employed more for his ability to run a license plate number than his facility with prose. In 1990, while freelancing for Forbes, he was accused by a federal judge of using his old NYPD badge to obtain sealed court documents. According to USA Today, his stint as a stockbroker ended in the 1980s with a $100,000 civil penalty and lifetime ban from the Securities and Exchange Commission. He's a mischievous tipster, an inveterate gossip, and an information broker of the highest order. He speaks with a cartoonish New York accent and knows literally everybody. And according to the two highest ranking Scientology officials to ever leave the church, he's been a paid informant for the cult for two decades.

Read more ~~
http://www.observer.com/2011/media/...r-reporting-church-scientology-or-its-payroll

bts2free

Patron with Honors
So per that article, John Connolly says that Marty and Mike want to take over the Church. Interesting indeed.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
John Connally ~~ spreading the OSA party line

So per that article, John Connolly says that Marty and Mike want to take over the Church. Interesting indeed.

Dear John,

Nothing could be further from the TRUTH.

The last thing that M and M want to be associated with is the "Church" of Scientology.

I can state this with an Atomic Brand Iron into concrete

+++++

Fake "journalist" OSA payroll spy in hiding. Not returning calls from Chuck Beatty...he would return them in 24 hours, now the Sound of Silence.

Not returning calls from Journalist John Cook ~~

I repeatedly tried to reach him again to seek further explanation and clarification. He declined to return my phone calls or e-mails.

Demanding Photobucket remove his image ~~into hiding ~~ You would almost think he has been an informant against a mob boss !